Old 08-03-2010, 01:50 PM   #511  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Vicky-yea I feel better today. Today is day 2 of eating lowfat and more frequently. I was down 2 lbs today. I know its water weight, but I will take it. Still not at ticker weight, but getting there. Glad your "weekend from ****" didnt derail you and probably did you some good to take your mind off the weight loss for a minute. Probably a good idea skipping this 5k and you will be much stronger for the next one. Lets stick together and get to 185. I am so ready to be there. I know loses inches is good but the number on the scale just taunts me.

No big plans today. Going to the pow wow on the reservation this weekend and meeting the new baby. Cant wait.

Have a great day everyone. Hope we see posts from everyone else soon.
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 07:35 PM   #512  

Where is everyone????? I miss ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-03-2010, 08:32 PM   #513  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Howdy, girls! I'm in hot and sticky houston all week so I only have occasional access to internet as I'm driving around visiting properties all day. Will right more tomorrow but hope you all are doing well!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:57 AM   #514  

Hey ladies.

Dance-try to stay cool this week. I know how hot it is here, so its got to be miserable down there.

I took a rest day yesterday and my weight is slowing getting back closer to ticker weight. I was at 193 this morning. I got all the way back up to 197, so eating lowfat and more often seems to be helping.

Anyone know some good peanut butter that isnt all fat? I have been eating Jif but want some without hydrogenated oils.

Gonna head to a local honey store and get some different flavors of honey to go on my bagel thins. They are awesome. I have been wanting a bagel but heard they are equivalent to 5 slices of bread and found these, they are only 110 cals. Yummy.

Hope you are all staying cool.
Old 08-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #515  

Am back at the hotel, taking a cool down break in between visits.

Burgundy - I get the crunchy all natural store-brand peanut butter which has no extra sugar. Jif tastes super sweet to me now so it's all what you get used to, I guess. Bagel thins sound yummy - will have to get some.

I haven't been eating great the last few days but I'm doing well today - oatmeal and strawberries for breakfast, thai chicken stirfry, veggies and brown rice for lunch. Not sure what dinner will be but am going to try to find a healthy option somewhere. Am also going to see if I can make myself run on the treadmill, one of my unfavorite things.

What's everyone else up to and has anyone heard from mygrits? Hope you're all doing great...
Old 08-04-2010, 04:52 PM   #516  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Hi! Any space for a newbie trying to keep her healthy eating/exercise regime accountable?
katylil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 05:06 PM   #517  

katy - you're more than welcome! Tell us a little about yourself and what your plan is for diet and exercise...
Old 08-04-2010, 05:31 PM   #518  
doing it for me

S/C/G: 163/190/125

Cool! Thanks dancerindenver
I'm 18, about to start my second year at uni in England. I've been on the verge of overweight most of my life (since I broke my leg as a kid and got out of the habit of regular exercising...plus I love food) and my first year at uni and all its included bad eating/exercise habits have taken their toll, leaving me with an added 9 pounds and officially sending me into the overweight BMI zone.
I've always been conscious of being overweight, especially compared to all my skinny home friends, but coming home to that 9-pounds-higher number on the scale gave me the incentive to be serious about my weightloss!
That lasted about a month.
I ate a lot of vegetables and lean protein but still let myself have occasional treats. I woke up early and exercised for half an horu before work. I lost about 13 pounds in that first month. Then getting up early everyday, working 8 hours on a split shift and then meeting up with friends started to add up, and lack of sleep plus some personal problems ended with me having a panic attack at work.
My plan is basically a healthy eating plan. More veggies, less snacks, not cutting out carbs completely, but cutting down on them definitely, smaller portions and more exercise (I have an elliptical and several aerobics and toning/pilates DVDs I like to use)
I joined 3FC because I really need something to keep me accountable and realistic on what I eat and how much I exercise. I love reading how everyone's doing as it motivates me to know that so many people are going through the same problems I've always had and that some of them have found permanent solutions that have helped them achieve their goals.

And now I'm really sorry because this has become very very long and rambly!

Shutting up now.

But I look forward to keeping up with you guys on this thread!
katylil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:04 PM   #519  

Dance-thanks, I will have to look at some of the all natural brand peanut butter. I love it but all the oil is outrageous. The bagel thins are yummy. I am getting addicted to them, theres 8 in a pack and I wanna eat the all up. To keep myself from it I froze half. What did you find for dinner last night? Did you run on the treadmill?

katy-welcome. You plan sounds great. We have a great support system here. There are only a few of us here, but we keep each other accountable and will help you when you need us. Good luck on your journey.

I am having some issues with my left ankle. Its just a little sore, not horrible but sore when I walk. It may be from all the jumping I did on 30ds. Yesterday I jumped on the trampoline, not bad on my ankle and did some crunches on my ab lounger. Gonna see what dvds I have to do tonight that will be low impact.

Leaving in the morning to go meet the new baby. Gonna board the dogs til Sunday. Chris wants to go to the pow wow and I know I will probably break down and have an indian taco. Cant be married to an indian and not have an indian taco every once in a while. Lol. Gotta get a workout in and get our bag packed. Mini vacation weekend. I need it. Been a little stressed lately.

I will probably be able to check in but if not have a great weekend.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #520  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Hey Ladies - we were past 500 posts, so I opened a new thread: Weight Loss Buddies VIII! Check it out!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2010, 11:28 PM   #521  

S/C/G: 160/158/140

Height: 5'4"

Smile help

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancerindenver View Post
Howdy, girls!
Welcome back to all the chicks that have been part of Weight Loss Buddies for over a year now and welcome to any new folks that join us (all are welcome!). This is a very supportive, chatty group and we try to be there for each other and help each other succeed. If that sounds good to you, glad you found us!
Hi I have just registered for this forum, not sure of my way around yet, hope I can find my way back too.
I started IP 2 weeks ago and have only lost 2lbs and have digestive problems now, was wondering if anyone else had the same? The lady at the spa is convinced I am not sticking to the diet, but I AM, if it is not on the list of foods I don't eat it, zero nothing! I don't like the sucralose of acesulfate potassium ingredients but thought I would commit to the plan. I started at 160 pounds and would like to lose 20, any tips or advice is welcome, thanks
rosebud9 is offline   Reply With Quote