Old 01-13-2009, 09:22 AM   #166  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Sass- 50 pounds!!!!! You go girl!!!!!

Madi- to the challenge! Glad to have you on board And I am sure you can and will accomplish your goal by Valentines day, I know just coming on here and saying I did good that day and staying motivated helps me to keep away from temptation and you are SO right, any program works as long as we work it Here is to your success

Lekhika- Glad to have you here as well, I know how it feels to have your cloths slowly get too toght and by the end of this, you will have them fitting perfect I just know it Also that is funny about the beans I have also been there, and my family just loves me when that happens You are doing great so just keep up the great work and you will have reached your goal before you even knew it was possible to reach so fast

Ms perception- I too am an emotional eater and I hate that about myself, if I am happy, I eat and if I am sad, I eat, just recognizing that and eating the right stuff really helps, I am starting to keep raw veggies cut up at all times in the fridge so that when that happens to me I can just run in and eat a few carrots or something, it may not be cake, but it sure helps

Fullsteam- I like the plan of attack sentence...you go out and get em girl Keep us updated on your victory!

bluemommy- 33% of your goal reached!!! You are doing wonderful, You and Denise have fun working out K

Neast- Way to go on reaching your goal already!!! That is AWSOME!!!!!

Melissa- Way to go on your loss, I am with you...2 pounds is my goal for next week too...we can and will reach it together

lene- Way to go on your losses and hubbys!!!! You guys are doing really well together I see My hubby has jumped on the bandwagon too, and I am sure that will make my life easier, we went out and bought a whole bunch of fruit and veggies yesterday and I cut up and prepared some of them for easy grabbing, I think that makes it easier on the whole family, keep up the awsome work sis, you are an inspiration

urockmom, shy, Hattie- You ladies have an awsome day we can do this!!!
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:02 AM   #167  
wendyleeb

S/C/G: 208.8/196.6/145 BMI 31.6

Height: 5"6"

Smile I'd like to join this challenge*

Hi everyone,
I'd like to join this challenge. I started the program at the end of January, and so far I have noticed many positive changes. NO appetite, an inner calmness, there is a deep thread starting to be woven inside my mind for this.
Wendyleeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:17 AM   #168  
Losing on the Beach

Wendy!! Of course you can join us, I love your attitude and outlook, this is your time...I can feel it Feel free to join in on the exercise challenge too, it is the (Working the heart for Valentines day) one , we will all be glad to cheer you on and help in any way we can, we are like family here
Old 01-13-2009, 12:09 PM   #169  

Goodmorning everyone

Lekhika, Madi, and Wendy . So glad that you joined in girls, it's great! : ).

Hi Madiiiii, oh that's okay about the jan. thread thing, I was thrilled to see you guys and I am glad you did that because we reconnected. How's the little one doing? Good for you joining the gym mads

Lekhikaaa, lol at the fennel and no combustiable house I will remember that trick. WTG on your eating being totally on target. I have been working on incorporating more soup in my plan as well (had some yesterday), do you make yours? or is there a specific brand you like? I am looking for pointers as I am pretty new to soups. I like the cambells new harvest select light (sav. chicken w/vegetables) with lemon and pepper. Keep up the good work

Hattieee, wtg! on the loss and that scale moving again! , your the best! hug.

Msperception, I understand your reasoning, I am working on the same thing as far as not turning to food and replacing it with other things though if one is going to turn to food there is nothing better than turning to healthy food and snacks! I honestly think it's great that you at least had healthy food and even exercised! Hope your having a good day today, keep up the good work : ).

SBDsass, congratulationssssssss on the 50 lb. loss! That is so super! youmust feel wonderful, are you going to do something special for yourself? I am already putting away my so called sin money for a shopping spree down the road

Christian, thank ya darlin' hug. I think it's great that hubby is doing it with you now, wtg! . I like how you picked up some fruit and cut it up to have on hand, why do I keep forgetting to do that....it really helps. If I get hungry after dinner , I can grab some fruit! I will do that to christy, thanks! keep up the great work .

Wendy, nice to have you aboard : ).

Well girls, all is well here. I am working hard on cutting my caloric intake though found myself wanting more to eat late night after dinner last night which is not in accordance with my plan as I like a cut off point but I am working towards it girls...I am going to get the fruit and cut it up as Christian did and need I eat something later after dinner, voila! Keeping up with the treadmill and doing a little bit of interval training this week (can pick up speed when i get in better shape) and just keeping busy in general. I drink a lot of water throughout the day. I will also be incorporating in other things to boost my metabolism but more on that later.

urockmom and lene, hi there ladies. HOw are you? Hope your having a great day. hugs to you both.

okay, gotta run..........hope you all have an awesome day, keep up the great work everyone
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:50 PM   #170  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Christian! Thanks for the wonderful welcome and the words of support They mean more than you could know.

Full Steam

I do make my own soup by the vatful. Enough to last me the week.

Here's a rough estimate of how I make it.

Ingredients (Necessary)
1 big onion (chopped up)
5-6 cloves of garlic (Mashed and chopped)
1 pkt of ground turkey
Roasted Cumin seeds (roasted and then ground)
Chili powder (The seasoning kind used in chili)
1-2 Harbaneros (if you don't want a spicy soup..leave these out and substitute bell peppers for the taste without the heat)
1 can of beans
1 can of corn
some green leafy veggie (spinach, baby bok choy, collard or mustard greens)
2-3 tomatoes (if you have em)
some chopped up carrots (again if you have them)
Chicken stock, or boullion cubes (your preference)

Saute onion, garlic until a little soft, add chopped harbaneros (PLEASE be VERY VERY careful if you handle these peppers...I usually oil up my hands before I touch these)....then add ground turkey...saute..add a palmful of chili powder saute some more.

Add beans, corn, tomatoes, carrots....add stock (depending how soupy you want your soup)...add greens last.

Roast cumin and grind to a powder...add to the soup. Taste...adjust salt...
shoot a little lemon juice into it.
Eat..store...eat again!

Last edited by Lekhika; 01-13-2009 at 12:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #171  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Lekhika-- YUM! That soups sounds good. I think I'll make some next week after I get home from my weekend away. What a great thing for winter! Thanks for the recipe!

I've had a decent day. I was hoping to drop another pound and a half this week, but this week has been weird. I'm getting over a cold that sapped my energy a bit. I feel like I've gotten nothing done around the house in the last several days, so today I'm playing major catch-up. Plus we got a nice big snow last night which means I really need to shovel...AGAIN!! UGH!!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:04 PM   #172  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone!

OK, so I have been off sulking for several days since the scale went up but I have a fresh attitude and am determined to break through this plateau!!!

So, I had the brilliant that after losing my first 10%, I probably need to adjust things and I went onto FitDay and realized that I need to drop my calories (usually around 1800) down another 150-200 to try and get that nasty scale moving. So, I am going to really track what I am eating (esp. carbs) and I am also going to increase the protein this week. We'll see what happens but I am and I AM going to be successful!!!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! for all of the support and : to pull me out of this funk.

Lekhika, Madi, and Wendy! We are glad to have you aboard. I think you'll find this thread super supportive, even if they do you around sometimes! It sounds like you all have a positive attitude and are really making some excellent changes for yourselves!!!

Fullsteam~ You are doing awesome! Great idea on the fruit after dinner. I find that if I have a treat prepared and just talk myself into waiting until whatever time I am planning to have it, I am better at staying OP. You keep rockin' it girly!!!

Christian~It is great that your husband is working with you! You stay on top of your veggies and you'll get there in no time!

Sass~ CONGRATUATIONS!!!! 50 Pounds!!! You should feel so proud of yourself! Get out there and tell everyone you know that you are a fantastic, strong, fabulous woman!!!!

MsPerception~ If there is a woman out there that isn't an emotional eater, I haven't met her yet. You are doing great to recognize your triggers and to do something other than eat when they hit.

Neast~ on making your goal already!!! What an inspiration! If Niki can do it, I can too!!!

bluemommy~ One-third of the way there!!! and to you!!!

Hattie & Lene~ Violence, violence ladies!!! BUT, apparently it works so and : back at you!!! Hattie~ on that 1 lb. loss! You must feel so much better now that the scale is moving again. Lene~I am sure that you will have a big week this week. Great job to your hubby as well.

OK, so I am off to plan the menu for this evening, probably fish, so I can keep pumping that protein. It is going to get super, duper incredibly here tomorrow so I am going to take you up on the soup Lekhika!!!! I have a really good 3-bean chili recipe that stores really well. I'll have to try the fennel as it can be pretty toxic around here if the whole family eats it!

to all!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:33 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Madi and Wendy!! Great to have you here with us!!

Wendy: You can do it...Just keep that weaving going because you are going to make it!!

Valentines Day has already started with the couples that are working out together! Christian: That is wonderful!

Lekhika: In the zone.. I like that. Can I borrow it?

urockmom: I asked before but maybe you missed it...Did you read "The World Without End"? I know that snowball hit you so that tomorrow AM it will show up..or the next time you weigh.

I am going to try to do some PM exercise...talk to you later girls..

Where are you Jayagoddess! We miss you! Come home! Same goes for Luckymom!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:13 PM   #174  

Good evening ladiessssssss : ), I popped in to see what was going on and say a quick hello before heading downstairs to do some major sofa surfing the remainder of the night!

Lekhikaaaaaaaa, you rock! Ty so much for taking the time to post that awesome looking soup for us, how nice! It looks mighty tasty, sure beats the **** out of campbells soup I really like the ingredients, you have the low fat protein in there, the beans and veggies......sounds super! I definitely have this on my agenda now to make in the very near future! Thanks again girl Hope your having a great day.

msperception, glad your getting over that cold and feel better.

urockmom, awwwww ...so glad to see you! You sound like you have one heck of a plan there, yes indeed! Figuring out the cals at the fitday thing, more protein and less carbs, etc......WTG! keep that positive power my lady and kick some major butt Stay warm, oh yeah your right...I should go get the stuff and make the soup before that freezing weather comes in, hmmmmmm.

Hey hattie : ) hope you had a great p.m workout.

lene, madi, luckymom, and to everyone .....wishing you a great night.

Today was a great day for me girls so I am feeling good, not being too cocky though as the night is not over yet! lol : ). What a difference a day can make, it's unreal! Last night I was having one of those nights and for some reason my apetite was up more. Today I woke up with a total turnaround, tis a new day ineed! Hoping that tomorrow brings us all a happy and successful day.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:54 PM   #175  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Just a quick note as I have to get that fish in before American Idol starts!

Fullsteam~ty!ty!ty! So much for all the support. If I didn't have you ladies to inspire, cajole, and I would stay in that funk for the next 40+ pounds, I'm sure!! So glad to here that you had a good day today.

Hattie~Weigh in is on Friday so I don't know if they'll be a major change but I'll use that snowball!!! I am so sorry that I didn't answer you about the book. Pre-Christmas head, probably. Yes, I did read World Without End and I enjoyed it too. Maybe not quite as much as the first but still was sorry to get to the end. And it was like 1400 pages!!!

and to all!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:12 PM   #176  

Hey guys!! I have a question and dont want to sound braggy, but I want answers and know you wont judge.

Ok...Since the first of the year I have lost 12 lbs. I am not starving myself, but I am exercising and eating right and the weight is falling off of me. I used to eat what ever I wanted and never exercised. I do have quite a bit of weight left to lose (83 more lbs) but at what point does this become unhealthy? I dont want to lose fast and then it all come back on. Also, Im sure that my weightloss will level off at some point correct?

Thanks Guys...U are the best
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #177  

S/C/G: 278/ticker/175

Height: 5'11"

I want to join the challenge. I am going to be one busy girl with this challenge, the 5#challenge and the 1500 Wii Fit Minutes. But I have a lot of weight to get rid of. I quit saying weight to lose. Because when we lose something we always go looking to find it. I want to get rid of mine for good.

1/13/09 275
1/17/09
1/24/09
1/31/09
2/7/09
2/14/09

My DH and I want to start a family, but I don't want to be this heavy and be carrying around a baby....so getting rid of some weight and getting more active should do the trick. Wish me luck!!!!
jellofer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:36 AM   #178  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Neast...at some point the weightloss does slow down. I too had about 60 odd pound to lose when I started this odyssey and in the beginning I was losing nearly 10-12 pounds a month and then by the third month...it started slowing down...and now..well..I'm lucky to lose more than 3 per month.

Keep up the good work.

I started my day at 4am. Made the CHappatis and Dal ( I usually cook in the morning) and now am enjoying my tea and hanging out here before the kids wake up and I have to hustle to get them ready..one to face the day and the other off to the school bus.

I'm going to get in some cardio today so I am trying to keep from eating too much. Hate exercising on a full belly.

Hope all of you lovely people have an equally lovely day!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:53 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 273/178/130

Height: 5'2"

This sounds like fun....count me in. What do I have to do to join?
Buns1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #180  
Losing on the Beach

buns1973- Just pop on in and set a goal and your to join us Also we have an exercise thread on this challenge, it is under the heading of ( Working your heart for Valentines Day) so feel free to post there also...here is to reaching any goal you set

jellofer2- I am so glad to have you here! I am a wii fit lover too I am sure you will do really well, it is almost impossible not too with that in the house...no dressing up for the gym or anything, just good ol comfort and exercise to boot

Nikki- Your weightloss will start to slow down as Lekhika said, my first 20 was gone in about a month and then after that it tapered off and I have kept most of it off with a few 10-20 pound gains ( it took months to put back on) BUT I have never went back to 205 again, I went back up to 170 once though, you will be fine and you are doing just wonderful, just sit back and relax, we are all here for you and if for any reason you ever do start to gain, we will help you get it back off and keep it off

Fullsteam- I hope today is as awsome as yesterday was for you

urockmom- I didnt get to see AI last night my tv in the bedroom went out and I couldnt tape it, I had to watch the biggest loser when that happened, but was the show good??? How do you like the new judge??

Well I am off to eat a quick breakfast and then exercise on the wii fit for awhile, I will report in my time later on...oh and you ladies made me want soup so bad ladt night I went out and got some organic vegetable beef and then put a roast with all kinds of veggies in the crockpot for supper, you ladies will help me get in my veggies for sure