Old 01-05-2009, 03:15 PM   #91  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone and to all the newbies!!!

Sounds like everyone is off to a great start on the New Year but Niki & Ally are really moving with 5 lbs each. Lene is down 3 #s too!!! I stayed away from the scale this morning and am going to hold off until weigh in on Friday to see how I am starting out on this challenge.

Fullsteam~Wow! Quitting smoking and hangin' in here with us, you totally rock it chick!!! on the swimsuit comment. No, I thought we would just take a walk with all of our clothes on!!! I fully understand about the warm socks though. My computer is in our sunroom, which is a little bit chilly this time of year also.

Angie~ Nothing like a new love interest to get you motivated!!! I agree with Lene, though, be careful, especially as you are working out more to eat a really well rounded diet. Many of us here have actually stopped losing weight when we didn't take in enough calories and that is some serious frustration!!!

Bikini, Christie, & Butterfly~ You are all doing awesome!!!

Jay~YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!!

MsPerception~Sounds like you had a great holiday with lots of travels and adventures!!! You have a good week, stay OP, and I know that weight will fly off!! (Well, at least that is what I am hoping since that is my plan. )

Everyone else~ Just keep and through your day. Oh, here is some to assist!

I had a great day skiing on Saturday and am going again tomorrow. I'll have to look up on FitDay how many calories that is. They are the best kind since I am having fun while losing them. I think I'll imagine that they are flying off me as I fly down the hill!!!

Have a super day ladies!!!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #92  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

readytobeme2007 - That is so cool !!!!!!! I would not say you are
insane..you are just living life to the fullest. You can meet that
goal.

bexx - Welcome - you will get alot of support!!!!!!

Today has been an AWESOME day for me... I have not had any soda....and let me tell you that is a challenge in itself...hahahah...I worked out at lunch for 40 minutes and did not realize that I was incline and decline from 0 to 6.0 on the treadmill...ya so my legs are saying ouch right about now...feel that burn....hehehehe... I have drank 25.3 fluid oz of water and getting ready for my second as I type...it sure is a rush when you work out...

How is everyones day going? works outs good...and if you had a off day just turn those frowns upside down and keep moving forward.
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:20 PM   #93  

bexx~ and don't worry-you are not the first to think OH MY! when looking at the scale. We have all been there and done that! You will do great!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:37 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Wow! We are rocking now!!!

bexx: andoh yeah,,and You are going to do it!!!! We are here for you!!

Fullsteam: I am soooo proud of you!!!! Cold Turkey on the smoking!!! I have to admit something that I did not want to admit....I smoke. My plan is to rock the weight loss and then tackle the smoking. I can't do both at the same time so that tells you how much I admire you!!! My plan is to get to at least the 160's and quit smoking. My long range plan is to be "Fit for Fifty". I have two years before I turn fifty. I figure one year at losing weight and one year of maintaining and being a nonsmoker before I get to 50. I am hopeful that all the techniques I learn from losing the weight will also help me with quitting smoking. I know both are bad for you but I had to choose one battle at a time. I still feel really ashamed posting this. I work and all day at work I don't smoke. You would think that i could continue at home...but no..as soon as I get in the car, I light one up. Anyway...Way to go!!!! You are my hero!!!

Readytobeme: Go get him girl!!

Janell: YES!! BTW: I love your name. Did you ever watch Big Brother? Janell was my favorite on that show! I love the way you greeted us as family!!! Maybe someday we can all meet for real.

Neast: My kids are all grown but I remember those days...uuuggghhh! In a weird way, I miss those little things.

Ok...talk to you guys later. Hi to everyone!!!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:17 PM   #95  
aka Wide in Winnipeg

Hey all! I'm down 3 lbs in the past week!! I may actually reach goal by the 14th of next month!! Whoohoo!
back at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 10:32 PM   #96  

Height: 5'8"

Ok so I am really taking this one day at a time, and I really don't want to weigh everyday..... I had to break a bad habit of that a few years ago. I had a really good day today until dinner came around. But it wasn't mindless eating that I've done to many times before, I was just hungry. I'm 'loosely' counting calories, but today I just want to get into the habit of writing everything down and then move on to the next baby step. So one day day.... only the rest of my life to go!!!
Wife2jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:52 AM   #97  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Smile

Thanks lene and urockmom...I'll write a book if the weight flys off very fast!!
fullsteam: excellent job multi-tasking with weight loss and quitting smoking. I'm always unsure if I can tackle more than one bad habit at a time, but I know it's worth a try.
I was just thrilled this morning to see I was 188.8. Only a little over a pound crept back on from eating some forbidden foods. I think it's because I've been so busy I have actually forgotten to eat some meals, so when I do eat I can sneak in a few extra calories. I will get back totally OP in the next couple days...back to 3 meals and 2-3 snacks. I went to the store tonight and restocked all my healthy foods. Life is good!
My youngest (3 y.o.) got sick (vomitted) last night..after climbing in bed with me...so I was showering her and washing sheets at 2:45 a.m. NOT FUN!! I was way too tired to exercise today. In fact, I'm headed off to bed now to try to get a decent night's sleep.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:10 AM   #98  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Lots of great news coming out of this thread. Get sexy for V-day ladies!!!!!
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:14 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 232/218/140

Height: 5'9

Good morning! Thanks urockmom and hattie - I'm hoping you all will keep me in line, and keep me motivated to continue!!

I stayed OP yesterday, my snacks were healthy-ish (dried unsweetened pineapple and LF wheat thins). My only mis-step was making myself a cocktail (vodka & diet soda) before bed. But I only had a sip and promptly forgot about it until this morning. Exercise was good - 1 mile with the pup, Nat'l Body Challenge videos, 30 min on elliptical at the gym with my BF. He's been really supportive through this!!

So this is why I'm so happy this morning -
SW: 200 (Sunday)
CW: 196.7 (-3.3 in 2 days!!)
GW: 185 (11.7 lbs in 39 days - I can DO IT!!)

:-)
bexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 01:49 PM   #100  
Is On A Mission

Good Morning Family

How is everyone today~ Are we ready to work out and eat healthy today We 39 more days until we meet our challenge....we can do this ... So far I am doing really really really good. I have to go to the store to get more healthy foods....

Oh, thought for the day for emotional eaters (me me guilty) start a log of your foods and then write why you ate it or like what kind of mood your in when it happened. I think that would help pin point the problem. I just started doing that..and then when you look back its like oh wow...no wonder...lol..and then we make changes as we move forward. Look back only once to see the situation and move forward for the resolution. Ok well I will be back later...
Old 01-06-2009, 02:14 PM   #101  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Today has been much more OP. My weight stayed the same, but I'm fine with it since yesterday wasn't perfect. I'm still feeling tired, but better than yesterday. Steady improvemenmt is the plan...so far, so good. I gotta get back to my food diary like JAYA mentioned. It really keeps me on track. Mine has space to put in emotions, hunger level and stuff like that. I like that. Well, off to take the kiddies to their dr. appts.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:51 PM   #102  
Is On A Mission

Ok all ... I am checking in to see how everyone is doing... where is everyone....I went to the gym again today at work and worked out for 30 minutes...my legs were really feeling it because I am doing the incline...which is the random setting. I want to meet this challenge goal. I had toast for breakfast and I use oat nut bread. For lunch today I had a chicken salad, and chocolate chip cookie... oh my it was so good. Anyhow I could not finish my lunch so I am still trying to finish my 25.3 oz of water, and then start on the other. For dinner we are having rice, chicken, and veggies. I will only be putting small portions on my plate. Here is the tough part, I love the skin on chicken, but I am going to have to get the will power to pass it up or else it is curtains for me... hahaha...!!
Old 01-06-2009, 05:55 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

YUMMM.. chicken skin!! It has been so long but I used to love chicken skin and turkey skin. As a matter of fact..My brother, at Thanksgiving, put some skin on the serving platter because he knew I loved it. I passed it up though. Chicken skin or loving my new skin...hmmm MY NEW SKIN!!!

I definitely believe in the journal thing. I have a little notebook that goes everywhere with me. I have finished one whole notebook and am about to finish another on Jan. 12th. They last about 3 mths. I am weird..I know but i am so excited to open a new notebook and start it. I have written journals in the past and have only done it for 2 or 3 mths so this is the longest ever! I also read in the BL books that journaling is important to successful weight loss. Most people who have succeeded have journaled. I want to be one of the success stories! I can't believe I am coming up on my 5 mth mark!! I have never been OP for that long. I think this is truly the time where I take back my life from the fat and unhealthiness. It will be sooo amazing to actually consider myself healthy!

Ok...I guess enough rambling. Hi to everyone!!! Luckymom and Christie where are you???
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:16 PM   #104  

Hi everyone!

bexx~Wow! What a start! You are

Hattie~Awesome job for 5 months OP!!! I only realized today that we started at the same time on our journey. I am not really good about keeping a journal at all. I am trying like Jaya and MsPerception to keep a good food diary but find I am lucky to write down what I eat, much less how I feel. Oh well. Its a process.

I did have a great day skiing today and got in about 3.5 hours. I looked it up online and that is over 1000 calories!!! I can't believe that is right but at least it is something! I didn't get a chance to weigh myself this morning as I wasn't awake and was running out the door. Keeping my fingers crossed for good news tomorrow!

Planning a lovely salmon & broccoli dinner tonight to stay OP. Hope everyone had a great day!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #105  
Is On A Mission

Hattie22- Hahaha you made me laugh... I cant wait to love my new skin...I know I will get there. That is great that you passed it up. Great job on 5 month mark. Um...you gals are going to laugh but um....what is an OP stand for?

urockmom - that is GREAT!!!!!! Keep up the awesome work