Old 01-06-2009, 06:59 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies!
urock~ I have never been skiing. It looks like fun but I'm so afraid of breaking something I'm completely intimidated. Why don't they have a sissy emoticon?? I could easily see it burning that many calories. Great job! When are you jumping on the exercise thread girlfriend???

Hattie~I love the fact you journal. I wish I could commit to it like you have. I find I do it for a couple of days and then it falls by the wayside. Maybe I could make that part of my plan too.

Ms. perception~ Hey girly! Glad to see you maintained. I really wish I could have done that through the holidays.

Jay~ You are such a I love it! It's your attitude that makes this board so great! Good for you for getting your exercise in at work. It's great that you have the ability to do that.

Bexx~ Go on with your badself! Yay on losing 3.3lbs that's awesome. I'm glad your honey is working out with you.

I had a migraine for most of the day but feel much better now. Excited to get some exercise in tonight. Thanks for all the support everyone!

P.S my 8 year old wants all of you to know that she did 7 minutes on the elliptical and she says "hi"
lene1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:25 PM   #107  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Jay: OP stands for On Program. Thanks for being here with us!! You are awesome!!

urockmom: I actually started on August 11th. I joined 3FC on September 9th I think. I wish I could ski. I tried in High school and it was a disaster. I was on the beginner hill(not even a slope) with an instructor that was soooo cute! He was teaching us how to snow plow. As everybody took their turns, we were moving higher and higher up the hill. I was last. He said just go down. Well I went down and forgot to snow plow and held my feet straight together. I gained so much speed that he was yelling for me to fall down. I DIDN'T WANT TO FALL!!! I kept going and headed for the chair lift line. All the people in line were yelling at me to fall down. I finally fell down right before I was going to run a woman over. Then...OMG...Trying to get up!!!! One last try...I told myself. I went up on the chair lift (scary..very VERY afraid of heights!). The soooo cute instructor had me go with him. I was thrilled!!! He just wanted me to be controlled I am sure. I got off the chair with his help of course! As I started to go down the slope...I was going too fast and fell down . Still couldn't do the d... snow plow! When I fell, my ski came off and went into the woods of this New Hampshire ski resort. I had to walk down the slope!!! My ski was rented from CT. I had to wait for someone to go in the woods and find it and bring it to me. From that point until this day I have become the "camera person" and the "hold the table person in the lodge". Thank goodness my husband can ski. He taught the kids and I enjoyed my reading and drinking and picture taking!

So...urockmom...you really do rock! What great exercise!!! I even get nervous on the ski jump on wii fit!!!!

Just thought I'd share...

Bexx: on the loss!! Way to go!!!

Lene: What is her name? Tell her I said Hi right back to her!!! 7 Minutes on the BEAST!!!!! Here is 7 cheers for
her!!!:che er2:
I suffer from occasional migraines...They are the worst!!! I get one or two a year and have to stay in bed with the lights out and absolutely no noise or movement! I use a heating pad on my head to get over it. I don't know why it works ..but it does.

Ok...talk to you later.

Last edited by Hattie22; 01-06-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 07:28 PM   #108  

Smile

OOPs... One cheer didn't make it.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:58 PM   #109  

Hi all!! It has been CRAZY around here. I had to help my daughter with social studies project (A+ on BTW) , worked out 30 mins yesterday, 45 mins today. We have our house up for sale so I did some cleaning and its been raining and UGH....just crazy!!!

Bexx-Congrats on the weight loss!! 3.3 lbs is awesome

Lene-My daughter works out with me too, she is 9

Talk soon!
Niki
Neast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:36 PM   #110  

hi ladiesssssss

oh god, so nice to read your posts~ Even though I have not have been writing a lot lately, your on my mind, remember that! Thanks for the support youguys, I was hesitant at first about admitting my stuff but I knew I had to and dang.......you guys are something else! Make me feel good and you are all so supportive, i love you heaps girls!

I read all your news and it so neat to see everyone going strong. RIght after the holidays, everyone went right back to it and we banded together again, how cool is that? Just love it!

Sorry for not addressing everyones posts again, jeez, I am behind again! lol. Been keeping busy, it helps. Ifeel good, I mean I feel great I quit smoking and I am going strong but I just take it day by day. I have my moments. I work on that, eating healthy...etc. etc. So far so good, I nibbled too much last night though and then got down so i had to remind myself of the absolute progress I am making in other ways. THe next day, I go at it again. Anyways girl, I did start working out again and hitting the treadmill! I owe much of that to you and I want to say tyyyyyyyy so much
ty ty ty,it's exactly what i needed

hattie, you are rocking it my lady........I look up to you as well, your doing so great, I would keep as you are right now and see about the other stuff later, as you said. hug

Lene, ty darling .......you too christian

you are niceeeeeee people, jeez............come on ! better than n ice!

love you all! I hope we all stick together my dear freinds.
I am working hard, ohhhhhhhhh, I am hitting the treadmill .........finally! thanks to you guys I got my butt in gear! I did join the exercise thread though not officialy, I am keeping track of my hours and i promise to come and post...........ty so much my sweet sweet ladies for all that you are
hugssssssssssss lea
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:15 PM   #111  
Melissa

Height: 5'9''

I've been on track so far this week, yay! I weigh tomorrow... dun dun dun, we'll see what the scale says. I've been REALLY busy with other stuff though so haven't been here too much, bummer, hopefully things will slow down soon!
Bikini Ready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:24 PM   #112  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Bikini Ready~Don't worry. I am sure that tomorrow will bring a :

FullSteam~You are doing awesome! Don't forget that we are here to encourage you on both fronts-weight & smoking. You are very brave to do both at one time and an inspiration to all of us. You are doing great getting on that and will conquer all!

Hattie~This is me reading your story I had to laugh. I didn't really start skiing for real until I was in my let's say late 30's so it is possible for everyone. Fortunately, by then I was over the impressing the cute ski instructor phase!

Niki~Selling a house is super stressful, especially now. I hope it all works out and that you don't have to go crazy cleaning!!

As a mom of 2 DDs it is great to hear about getting the girls to exercise. As mom role models we have to teach them that STRONG is SEXY!!! Well, not at 9, of course, but I have one that is 14 so it is more of an issue. Oh, and great job on the project.

I am going to try and find my way to the exercise thread. I was slacking off at the very beginning of the month and so was but am ready to jump in!

Talk to y'all in the morning!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #113  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

To all you new and motivating and beautiful chics I know that every goal you set ...will be reached, and I am looking forward to only good reports from here on out

I am so sorry I have been MIA, I have been doing work for my local TOPS group (weightloss group) and doing the year end paperwork and lets just say, it is an all day job I will try to get on early in the morning to get more personal Lets keep the motivation flowing
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 10:43 AM   #114  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Hey girls! I was down .8 today! I know it's small, but I have NOT been motivated to exercise, so I hear you loud and clear FullSteam! So, I am thrilled to be going down. My food has been POP. But I also have to thank you ladies for the motivation you provide. Without you, I would likely have made some excuse to quit by now. Instead I feel like I can find the energy to sneak in some exercise and build on it daily. I wish it was nice enough to walk outside!
Hattie: I can't wait to say I've been OP for 5 months! That will be a wonderful day. I'm just happy to say I have been OP (other than planned holiday "cheating") for about 1.5 months.
Niki: We are also trying to sell our house. I am trying to do a little bit each day to get ready for when it does sell and make sure it's clean for showings....fun, isn't it? LOL! I'm pretty used to it now, though.
I'm off to tend the kiddies. Hope everyone has a great OP day!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:16 AM   #115  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

I love these small challenges because it makes it more doable and it motivates you because the time is so short. I'm doing well. I'm glad to see others still on the wagon!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!
SBD Sass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 11:39 AM   #116  

Goodmorning ladies

Congratulations to all of you who had a weight loss and also congrats to all for maintaining and just keeping at it! Tis a new day today and hope it's a great one for all. We have exactly 5 weeks from this Saturday until Valentines day....though I have long term goals, right now I am putting all of my focus and energy into the current day.

Lene, I hope that headache went away and that you feel great today. Tell your little girl I said hello . LoL @ sissy emoticon! I need one of those too! have an awesome day lene : ).

urockmom, bravo on the skiing! That's awesome exercise and one you really enjoy, that's a lot of cals for sure! The winters are long here and I think having a winter sport like that can make it much more enjoyable. Thanks for the words of inspiration and encouragement my lady. Keep on rockin' it! p.s - we'll see what sort of outfit I end up with on that walk .

Hattieeee, congratulations to you on that 5 month mark of eating healthy and on plan, that is such a super accomplishment! WTG! Keep up the great work

Christian, h i there girl That's nice that your doing the TOPS thing, keep up the good work christian : ).

Jay, sounds like your doing terrific! bravo! keep up the great work and attitude

Bex and ms. perception, congrats on the weight loss , hope I didnt leave anyone out. Ms. perception, wtg on being OP and on that loss keep up the good work.

Bikini, yay on staying OP, good luck with the weigh in today.

Everyone is working so hard, let's keep at it ladies. It's a yucky day here today and I have closet cleaning and a workout planned....I am lazy today too! lol. I didn't sleep that good last night plus I am sure the weather doesn't help but it is a good day to do some indoor work and I know once I get started I will be fine. I am going to do this room over and paint it, that will be a nice project. Well, I am supposed to go finally post in the exercise thread so I better get my tail over there right now!!!! Great to see you all have a super day ladies, catch you soon
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #117  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

Good Morning Family

How is everyone this morning? I just went to the pick up my glasses from
the doctors office because I am near sided. And OMG I can see...hahaha...it
was so weird driving to work and actually being able to read signs...

Last night we had chicken, rice, and salad, and small bread. I did NOT EAT the SKIN,let me tell you it was a challenge I pulled it off my chicken, and my mouth started watering I had to drink water. So, I put aside on my plate at my dinner and through it away beforemy mind changed. My willpower has grown from 0 percent to 70 percent. I am still working on it..

lene1974 - thank you, you are a sweet heart....tell your daughter we said hi...
My daughter is 16 and she started eating better, and goes on the treadmill after school. She wants to lose 30 pounds. I told her that if she eats well and exercises that it will fall right off of her because she is young. Last night we were in the kitchen and we see cookies, and I said no it is 9:30 and we don't want that. So, we walked away. It made her realize that we used to snack at night.

Hattie - Thank you for letting me know what OP meant....now I can feel like
I know what I am talking about...hahaha..

FullSteamAhead - Keep up the good work .... we can do this...

BikiniREady... I will all be find ...dont fret...look at how much you
have occomplished so far

All you Ladies are awesome!!!!!!

38 more days until our challenge goal....weeeeeeeee can do this!!!
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #118  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Just wanted to check in with everyone to see how we are doing.

I had a bit of an upset tummy last night so the salmon & broccoli have been postponed until tonight. I had a super workout today, which I posted on the exercise thread to keep myself accountable, and hope that everyone else got in their exercise as well.

Jaya~Great job at being a role model for your daughter and staying far away from those !!!

FullSteam~It IS truly a yucky day today. I was wondering how the plow driver knows the second you get the driveway clear. My daughter said it was one of life's great mysteries.

38 days! well, we had better just all keep and we will get there together!!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #119  

Smile

Hi everyone!

I love coming on 3FC to check in everyday! My family now thinks I am obsessed! Better to be obsessed with the computer than with food...Right?

I especially love this thread!!! You all make me so happy and feel so good!! Some threads are not like family and you can post for days and nobody responds to you I think as in life, people get into their clicks and they probably don't even realize it. That is why I try to always welcome everybody!
I remember when I first started, and four people responded to me in a couple of weeks. I felt so alone. Then I found this group of chicks and it was truly like coming home...warm and welcoming!

To all of the newbies that may read this....come here and feel welcomed!

Ok.. I admit..I haven't seen TOM in two months...no I am not pregnant. I think the "change" is happening. I guess I am now old enough to start it. UGGHHH. On one hand it is great. On the other..it says "you are old". I also noticed that with my last two TOMs I was losing weight during them...weird! I was looking forward to the couple of extra lbs lost and then it stopped. Some women have told me that it might come back, so be prepared. Now I have to make sure I carry all that TOM paraphernalia where ever I go.

Why did I bring this up? Oh yeah.. That is why I think I am being a little mushy lately.

With all that said...YooHoo..where are you luckymom and Christian? I miss you guys!

Talk to you later...
Old 01-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #120  
aka Wide in Winnipeg

Hey all, just checkin' in!! Nothing new or interesting to say with the exception of not having the gumption to go to the gym.I'm to sore yet, my back still hurts Although I'm going to get on the s/bike tonight for a spin.
back at it is offline   Reply With Quote