Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 09:58 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

ONLY 3 MORE WORKING DAYS UNTIL MY VACATION!! I'm SO EXCITED!!!!

I'm still trying to come up with a way to check out early on Tuesday of next week too though I need a break! I need to refocus!!! I WANT A PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH... Oh - and a PEAR!!! YUMMY!!! Too bad I don't have either here! I guess I'll have to settle for some tuna fish.... *sigh*
Old 12-18-2008, 10:01 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Heather~I like your idea of putting veggies on a sandwich. Which is why I like SubWay. Pile he veggies on!! I have been known to put radishes on sandwiches. I don't care for bologna. Other sandwich meats would be excellent with your recommendation. Thanks for the idea!!

Fauxtini~Did you post your muffin recipe?? I think I missed it. I was looking forward to trying it. Could you pretty please repost it for me?? I want to try it as soon as possible!! Tried your oatmeal recipe~~BOY WAS IT YUMMY!! Thank you for the idea.

Today is Thursday already!! Where has the week gone! I have all the major part of Christmas shopping done. I have a few gift cards to get yet, but that is it. I have a ton of wrapping to do. My cats think the balls on the Christmas tree are toys just for them to play with. Three have been broken to date. They are rolling one on the floor now. I must go and get it before one of them gets hurt. Catch ya all later. Post script; I have 2 tags left to work off. Keep them coming. I will do them today. Pat
Old 12-18-2008, 11:01 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Red face Yummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
I guess nobody liked my sandwich idea
It sounds gross but I really like it.
Does anyone have any protein shake recipes?
Your sandwich idea was great! I have been eating cucumbers for a while on sandwiches....especially at subway......probably the reason no one commented is cause Fauxtini posted a recipe or something similar to this not to long ago....actually I posted a recipe for a turkey sandwich and she said add some veggies and cucumbers...LOL!

I LOVE bologna...but not the low calorie or turkey kinds.....so I try to stay away from it cause it is high in calories and fat....I stick to cajun turkey or something like that...and cucumbers are AWESOME on that.....

keep it up heather....if you keep finding low calorie recipes like this that you like you'll have that food issue tackled in no time!
Old 12-18-2008, 11:34 AM   #184  

Eny! I have peanut butter, wheat bread, and red pears. Come over I will make you a sandwich, pear, and a hot mug of herbal tea. We can talk the afternoon away. Have fun on your vacation, but post often!! Pat
Old 12-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Pat - i'm not actually going anywhere... just NOT going to the OFFICE!!! That alone is the BEST VACATION I can think of! (and afford right now!) I'm still REALLY excited though!
Old 12-18-2008, 01:42 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Haha- thanks girls for all your input.
I guess bologna is a meat alot dont like.

Eny-MMmm a peanut butter sandwich does sound good.

Melissa- Canjun turkey, I know you probably get that at Walmart but what brand?

Stnessa- It is like eating cucumbers on a hotdog I suppose, lol

I cant wait for vacation either!! I get to leave early Mon morning. Im going to TN to visit my family...and Melissa!! haha.
Old 12-18-2008, 01:50 PM   #187  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Yum, I love canjun turkey and Subway sounds sooo good right now. I can't believe it's one more week until Christmas! I hate being sick I'm off to get some more rest
Old 12-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Butterflygurl- Hope you feel better soon!!
Old 12-18-2008, 03:19 PM   #189  

Heather - I think it is Jenny-O brand...but I get it at E.W. James....for some reason I have noticed when I get meat at Wal-Mart it gets slimy after a day or two...actually I don't get deli meat....I get sara lee brands most of the time...the deli packaged meat

I'm off to start the last mini challenge
Old 12-18-2008, 03:35 PM   #190  

Talking Mini-Challenge #4 Announced

Hey to all you "Bowl full of Jelly" Challengers!

This will be our final mini-challenge for the Bowl full of Jelly challenge as well as for the year of 2008. This challenge is going to be a mind/body/spirit type challenge....an anti-stress challenge if you will....so here we go!

Mini-Challenge #4:

Stress Relief Challenge

So, this time of year can be CRAZY STRSSFULL.....the hustle and bustle of Christmas....the shopping and worrying are you gonna get all the gifts you need too....can you afford them.....did you forget anyone?.......having to deal with in laws and family (some you may not like even!)......the days are getting shorter.....it is getting dark earlier AND not to mention COLDER!

So here are some MUCH NEEDED relaxation techniques to relieve some of that unwanted stress!

People who wake up thinking how terrible the day is going to be are usually more easily upset by small events that occur over the course of the day. People who wake up with enthusiasm and happiness are less vulnerable to being upset by minor disappointments or setbacks. In other words, they are less likely to feel stressed.

A meditation exercise can be helpful in starting the day in a healthy, strong, enthusiastic frame of mind. The steps for this exercise are as follows:

1. With the eyes closed, take a few deep breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth. With each breath, imagine the body getting stronger and healthier, until it is radiating with energy.

2. Imagine standing in a beautiful place just after sunrise, such as the beach by the ocean or the top of a mountain. Feel the sun shining warmly and the breeze blowing all around. Listen for the sounds that would be heard in this place as life is waking up to another day.

3. Imagine stretching the arms out to embrace the new day, claiming it as an adventure. Then imagine speaking in a deep, clear and powerful voice while stating the intentions for the day despite any obstacles. For example, “No matter what happens today, I will maintain my sense of humor.” Or, “No matter what this day may bring, I will not forget what is truly important in my life.”

4. Take a moment to feel the effect of those words, and then begin the adventure.

This should be a simple challenge....no record keeping or exercise or even having to eat food that is "good" for you...LOL

Enjoy and as always let us know how this challenge does or doesn't help you!
Old 12-18-2008, 03:44 PM   #191  

Melissa~Wow that is so powerful. This is what the yogi practice. I just did it, I feel so much better. It has a calming effect on the whole body. This compliments a book I have been reading. If you visualize it you can better own it, than if you just think it. Thanks Mel. Pat
Old 12-18-2008, 05:00 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

TERAPET - Thanks so much for the advice on increasing my exercise. I just have to keep at it.

Today is my weigh in day and I'm down a pound. I wish that it was more but with TOM coming I'll take it.

I did make it to the gym so I'm going to tag:
heather1979
butterflygurl
ruth135

Last edited by Jo7475; 12-18-2008 at 05:01 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-18-2008, 05:01 PM   #193  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Hi everyone

Still xmas shopping....uuugghhh!

I never feel like I have gotten enough for everyone.

Still eating OP even with all the goodies brought into the school. It is hard but I am very determined. I just keep telling myself that it is Christmas...not a reason to eat. I drink water and get over it. I hope this determination lasts.

I lost three lbs. this week. I am so excited to be out of the 220s and into the teens. That is enough to spur me on. It is funny...more and more people are noticing the weight loss now. I feel a little uncomfortable because I know I have much more to go. I should just enjoy it. I also feel like I shouldn't tell people how much I have lost because it shocks them. HMMM..probably because if they loss that much there would be nothing left of them...but they have to know that I need to lose a lot. I guess I am just fooling myself.

My son is coming home and I am very excited. Also nervous because of the weather. We are suppose to get 6 to 10 inches tomorrow which might mean a snow day and the day off. It also means that my son's trip may be delayed or dangerous. He is flying from Chicago to Tennessee (girlfriend lives in Tennessee) and driving up here on Friday.

Okay..I better go shopping. Sorry for the long post. Just clearing the mind.
Thanks for listening! Thanks for being here for me!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:37 PM   #194  

Hattie - Congratulations on your 3 pound loss and for being in the teens! OMG girl! 19 more pounds before you hit ONEderland! I'm sooo excited for you!

Jo7475 - Congrats on your 1 pound loss too and with TOM that is a HUGE accomplishment!

Dang...so many of you are doing sooo well and not even slacking off at all!

I am ready to lose 5 pounds so I can draw my first surprise out of the "PAMPER ME" box! or should I call it the "REWARD BOX" LOL!

I'm heading to the gym tonight to work my booty off!!! LOL! I'm gonna burn some butter and either tonight or tomorrow I'm going to be dishing out some tags like a crazy person! Probably tonight...LOL!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:52 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Just posting real quick, my son had a snowmobile accident last night, now that it is done and over we are lucky he is still with us. He caught a rope that ripped off his helmet but like I said could have been worse....
His nose and cheek is scraped up pretty bad, his upper lip is swollen huge and he did get whiplash but he totally realizes that he is one very lucky boy!!! Well he is no longer a boy it is young man as he is soon to be 18 years old

My eating has not been totally on plan this week but not way off either... Weigh in not so great as TOM is here full force and I tend to gain through that time....

Exercising that last couple of days has been a total of 30 minutes but plan on getting butt in gear soon

Have a SUPER FRIDAY!!!!!

Last edited by ChopperChick355; 12-18-2008 at 10:53 PM.
Closed Thread