Closed Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 12:02 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 209/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

wow, i love this food journal, i never rally loged my food an after doing so i realized that i dont at evey 2-3 hours like i should, whih causes a splurg of something else. Icky, since starting i try to keep my hunger level at a 2 or 3 and i noctie i dont eat as much at once if i do it that way!

Also, when this challenge is said and done are you going to do another one? Or something like it? And im sorry if this is a dumb question but im till new here, what are stickers???
Old 12-12-2008, 12:20 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Okay...I have 25 tags to work off....that is 12.5 hours of exercise...LOL!

Ya'll better get ready!!!!

MWaaaahahahaha MWaaahahahahah
Old 12-12-2008, 12:24 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmyinnerdemon View Post
Also, when this challenge is said and done are you going to do another one? Or something like it? And im sorry if this is a dumb question but im till new here, what are stickers???
Eny runs the main challenge...the MAIN challenge ends Dec 25th I think

After ever MAIN challenge she starts a new one...

She trusts me to man the mini-challenges (that brave soul...LOL!) through out the MAIN challenge....I try to do an exercise challenge that runs the full length of the challange....and a food challenge of some sorts....and a mind/body/stress type challenge...so forth and so on...

SOMETIMES but not always...ENY gives people "stickers" for winning a challenge or sometimes just simply weighing in...even if you gained weight.....these "stickers" are little links that you put in your signature and they look like little pictures for example this one and then when people see it they know you did something to get it.... but her stickers are special ones that you can only get through her....!!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 12-12-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 12:30 PM   #34  

Height: 5'6"

I don't think I'm an emotional eater. I find it hard to eat if I am very upset or depressed. In Feb. 2007 when I got sick and I didn't know what was going on in my body, I was scared and had a lot of anxiety. I had no appetite whatsoever, I had to force myself to eat to keep from getting sicker. At the time I didn't know why I didn't have an appetite, I thought it was from whatever was going on in my body, but it wasn't. I went from 150 to 142 in a little over a week.

My hunger level is usually good except for that time between lunch and supper, and I am going to work on that.
In the past when I have tried to lose weight, it seems as soon as I started I would have horrible cravings, usually for carbs. But this time around hasn't been that way and I think counting calories has helped because I know I will have to write it down. And now instead of eating a small handfull of chocolate chips, I'll count out 4 or 8 (they are a little larger than the regular size).
Old 12-12-2008, 01:49 PM   #35  
Getting my Halle bod! :)

Height: short stack

Congratulations everyone! We will lose that bowl of jelly in no time.

Ruth I hope you feel better! I hate being sick

I have completed half of my tags from last night/today and will try to do another hour this evening so I can tag some lucky ladies.

I used to be really bad at being an emotional eater....I'd eat when I was happy and use food as a reward or eat when I was stressed/depressed! Did I reach for apples, carrot sticks, etc? Nope it had to be chips, chocolate, cookies, cheeseburgers etc......no wonder I gained so much weight during college! I love that motto....'if hunger is not the problem, then food is Not the answer!' Over the past couple of days I've been trying to slowly eat my food and not wait until I'm starving to eat my next meal. I've found that having a light snack between my lunch and dinner reallys helps me stay satisfied until dinner so I'm not as likely to stick random food in my mouth while I'm preparing dinner! I'm glad that I'm learning to change my thinking and food habits and finding healthier effective ways to deal with my emotions. I've never kept a food journal before, but it has really helped me keep up with my calories because now I'm forced to see what and how much food I'm really eating.

Hope everyone has an awesome day!

Last edited by butterflygurl; 12-12-2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 01:56 PM   #36  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FB View Post
OH YEAH! That does sound totally Japanese! The shrimps could be those little dehydrated ones, for ease of packaging. LOL!!!

I thought you might love my breakfast today. I had it right after I read your description of creatures swimming in their own excrement. It wasn't a pleasant visual. Salmon patty, scallops and a tomato, with a glass of pee for good measure. (Totally kidding about my beverage! NOT about the seafood.)

You're way cooler. Really. I don't have a cool bone in my body.
Look at you, all proper using "excrement" when normally I would just say . I thought I was being proper be saying "poop"

YUK! Those little dried shrimpies. I feel so sorry for them! First, look how they live their lives & then how it ends, dried and packaged with oatmeal. Such a shame!
Old 12-12-2008, 02:08 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Well as I have stated in a earlier post I am definatly an emotional eater and I do think of food as a reward sometimes. I know my problems, I just gotta find a way to fix them. I think mine is normally will power. I dont have much of that. I know I shouldnt eat the crap I do, I shouldnt eat everytime I watch tv or before I go to bed, etc. I have idenified all that, but how do you fix it?
If someone is having a candy bar , dang right im gonna have one too. I dont even think to say no, its like a automatic response. If I eat bad, I tell myself, oh ill work it off or make up some dumb excuse and I know that its just gonna make me fat. Its all in my head I believe.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:14 PM   #38  

Wink Pizza!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruth135 View Post
I don't think I'm an emotional eater. I find it hard to eat if I am very upset or depressed. In Feb. 2007 when I got sick and I didn't know what was going on in my body, I was scared and had a lot of anxiety. I had no appetite whatsoever, I had to force myself to eat to keep from getting sicker.
I'm with you here...but remember....depression, anxiety, stress, ets aren't the only emotions there are....I used to think the same thing....that I wasn't an emotional eater cause I didn't eat when I felt that way....but I sure am....cause I eat when I'm bored and I eat when I'm happy....like if something good happens to me and I celebrate by eating out with my family and stuff.....using food as a reward...

Maybe emotional eating doesn't affect you at all though....

Heather - Those are all some of the things we will address before the end of the challenge......but the first step is identifying the problems...all of them and not everyone had already done that.....so just hang in there...tomorrow we start with trying to fix our problems! Make sure you saved your answers to your behavioral assessment!

Hey.....all that pizza talk the other day made me really want some! LOL! So for lunch today I made that pizza I was telling you all about the other day.....

353 calories for the whole thing....Dang it was good too....LOL!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_3060 (Medium).jpg (30.7 KB, 9 views)

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 12-12-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

I usualy eat when I'm bored. Especially at work when I have had a slow day. I can be an emotional eater if it is something very stressful. Now adays I try to eat cereal or fruit if I tend to want something when I'm not really hungry.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:37 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Congratulations fauxtini, butterflygurl,fld20,Hattie22, and erricah on your weight loss this week!

Eny - Here is some baby dust for you.

I did actually make it to the gym last night but was too tired to log on and tag someone. So I'm going to tag three lucky ladies.

Tag You're It
scarahjs
McKenziesmomma
StNessa79
Old 12-12-2008, 04:00 PM   #41  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Oh I knew this non tagging wouldn't last! Thanks for the tag, Jo. I'll add that to my ever growing pile. I need to work hard on those this weekend. But I'm sure just like every other weekend I'll slack... because it's the weekend!!

BTW - Melissa that pizza looks awesome. You can make one for me any day. I had pizza last night... but from Papa John's. I know I know... bad bad bad... but it was so good good good
Old 12-12-2008, 04:07 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

StNessa- Mmmm Papa John's thats my favorite!

Now that we are back on the pizza topic, I have to go to work and make some!
Old 12-12-2008, 04:42 PM   #43  

Height: 5'6"

Melissa: I don't eat when I'm bored, I chew my fingernails Luckily I don't have time to get bored very often, there is always something I need to be doing. You are right about the celebrating. We used to eat out 1-2 times a week, especially on Sundays because we are usually away from home all day. But we have severely cut that down over the last several months and I have been taking food on Sundays or picking up baked chicken at Kroger or something. But we almost always eat out on mine and DH's birthdays and our anniversary, Valentines Day, etc. But I don't see that changing especially now that we hardly ever eat out on regular days. It is something we enjoy very much and look forward to.
I do have a little bit of a problem of not paying attention to how much I am eating when I am around my family (parents and siblings) Somedays I do better than others.
Old 12-12-2008, 04:52 PM   #44  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

thanks for the congrats, guys! That was an awesome week! It's all about the tags..im tellin ya!
I havn't weighedin sense 'the weigh in ' and im NERVOUS. I still don't beleive that i was that weight. lol Im scared to go back on the scale lol

My eating is one thing i finallyhave control over and i relaized it during this following situation:

My dh and I had a little tiff... which blew into a big thing and it's really hard to resolve things over the net with a crappy iraq connection.. ANYWAY.. i was all upset and i didn't eat a dang thing!!! I was so proud of myself. TGhe tiff withdh was nothing and we laughed about it after.. but i would usually eat myface off during emotional ordeals. It didint even cross my mind.. like.. I wasnt even tempted i was amazed wheni loked back and realized i didint even wanna eat! lol

anyway.. it's just amazing... like melissa said.. what conditioning can do. Beleive me.. if i can change my conditioning.. ANYONE can! I remember back one day.. a few months ago.. when i totally blew my new lifesytle out the window cause i was upset.. i ate like.. wow a whole pizza.. 2 bags of lindor chocolate truffles.. wendys.. like it was INSANE. the more you force yourself NOT to eat in emotional sisuations the quicker you will soon not even have to think fo it!

Old 12-12-2008, 04:59 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 190/181/160

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Great job on the weightloss everyone !! Well i finished my last catch up tag doing my wii this morning . I love the strength training on that.
And my tags are

Stnessa
erricah
Hattie22
Closed Thread