Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 01:45 AM   #226  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Hey guys. im here im here! Its been a busy week and im not gona lie i have kinda been hiding off cause ive fallen intoa rut and can't get out! i ate on plan today.. and i have some time to really hunker down and get back into exercising.. but i just want bad foods. it's def gotta be PMS but i usually dont let myself give in to that stuff!
i ate healthy today (although not pop) but havn't moved my body.. well i have.. been running aroudn crazy.. but not intentional exercise.. blahblah.. anyway.. im a a rit! st nesss!! we def have to get back in on this!

Eny! Big hugs go out to you! dont give up hope.. and dont self sabotage with too much bad food. it will happen.. and i know nothing i can say can relaly fix how you feel.. but know that im thinking of you and sending positive vibes your way. my heart goes to you!

50 tags guys.. wow... sweet marie. save me now! i HAVE to get my butt in gear. i HAVE TO!
Old 12-20-2008, 03:49 AM   #227  
:)

Height: 5'7

I'M SO GLAD THIS WEEK IS OVER!

I'm done with finals, and now I can be more... AVAILABLE!

I missed you guys!
Old 12-20-2008, 02:32 PM   #228  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

Hi, got a few more inches of snow this morning, going out to scoop and maybe get snowmobile out for a bit, need to go check on my mom to see if she needs anything, she def doesn't need to get out in this crazy weather mess we are having. I am going to try to exercise today but no guarantee
talk to you later
Old 12-20-2008, 02:46 PM   #229  

Height: 5'6"

Hey Gals!

Eny: Sending prayers up for that little one!

I've kinda been in a slump myself. I haven't exercised for two days, just haven't felt that great. My water intake has been ok and so have my calories. But yesterday I was craving everything, soda, pizza, cookies, thankfully I didn't give in too bad, I ate a granola bar and a little bit of chocolate. My weight was down a little 168.6, still not back to my ticker weight, grrr.

Hope you all a good weekend!!
Old 12-20-2008, 03:06 PM   #230  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Red face

Hey everyone!

I've been so BLAH lately. I haven't worked out all week! I bet if I just got myself moving I'd feel great. I just can't seem to get myself there.

I have a birthday party to go to tonight. There's going to be all kinds of pastas & garlic bread... I know I'm not going to eat responsibly... I'm hoping that I can lift my large butt up for at least an hour before I go. Maybe then I won't feel so bad about eating at the party. My TOM has been icky this week. I can't wait for it to be over so I can feel "normal" again.

Faux - ugh... that's all I can say... UGH

Heather - My husband & I have been out of Illinois for 4 years now. 2 in Simi Valley, California & now 2 in San Antonio, Texas. I want to move back to Illinois & live maybe in the further out NW suburbs (like Algonquin or Round Lake Beach) but Tony wants nothing to do with that. He has had enough of the cold & snow. Plus he can't stand how the houses are so expensive. Although right now they're at an all time low. But then there's the problem of trying to sell the house here. There's a few houses in our neighborhood for sale right now & they aren't selling. So yeah... that's my IL story. I miss living there because that's who I am -- An Illinois suburbnite. I don't fit in here in San Antonio. I've been here 2 years & I still look at things like "Are you kidding me?!?"

Hattie - I'm familiar with Evanstan. It's north of the city. It's a nice area. And you must be proud of him going to Northwestern, that's great school. Have you been there to visit? You'd enjoy it, just don't going swimming in the lake!

Well I'm off to eat a late lunch. Then HOPEFULLY a workout. Then I have to start cooking the dish I'm bringing tonight. Angel hair pasta with a garlic oil sauce. Oh yeah... I'm going to do some eating tonite!!
Old 12-20-2008, 09:04 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone,

I felt terrible yesterday so I didn't workout. Today I'm starting to feel better so I did workout...well I just walked slowly on the treadmill. I can't believe that it's almost Christmas! Wow!

I hope that everyone is having a good weekend.

StNessa79 and Eny

Last edited by Jo7475; 12-20-2008 at 09:05 PM.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:03 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Vanessa- Yeah, I was born in Illinois and lived here until I was 14 and then moved to Tennessee. I just moved back here 5 yrs ago. I honestly hate it here. Im what they call a half *s,lol. Im a little southern, and a little yankee. I hate the rudeness and the prices here, but I love the city and being close to things to do. I love the southern hospitality and the enviroment in Tennessee but theres NOTHING around, the closest big town is like 45 min away and you dont get payed crap there. I need to find a happy median. lol

Oh...and splurging every so often is ok, dont beat yourself over it. If you dont splurge at times, you will never stick to a diet. Thats how I think of it.

Last edited by heather1979; 12-20-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 12:55 AM   #233  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Well... I didn't workout today. Not surprised. Although I didn't do as much damage as I thought I would at the party. Actually I did really well. And it wasn't anything that I was being consious of. I just took small portions & when I was done, I stopped. I hadn't seen any of the girls from the party since the summer. So I got a bunch of compliments for the weight I've lost. Made me feel great. Just dressing up & putting on my make up made me feel good today. My TOM has calmed down & I'm starting to feel human again. TOMORROW I should get active again!

And Heather - I'm with you on the eating. I have to eat as normal as possible so that I don't completely give up. I wish my normal was healthy but it's not. So I just have to watch my portions & make sure I work out. Which I haven't done all week so I HAVE to start ASAP.

Someone slap me out of this already!!
Old 12-21-2008, 08:24 AM   #234  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by reda355 View Post
Eny I see you got some snow last night as well, what state do you live in? Oh only if you want to answer I just realized that you didn't havn't it posted and could be for a reason....... Also sending you baby dust as well, I to was one that tried for like 5 months to get pregnant and did't took a test beginning of May and was negative, then 2 weeks later took another test and guess what postive as could be.... Just give it some time and it will happen

You know I have to agree with pizza it really doesn't make you feel better but it sure does mask it for a bit..........

I'm not really hiding my state.. I live in Michigan - the mitten state. We have about 14" of snow on the ground right now... it's insane! But luckily the roads ar eclear now so that I can make it to church this morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo7475 View Post
Hi everyone,

I felt terrible yesterday so I didn't workout. Today I'm starting to feel better so I did workout...well I just walked slowly on the treadmill. I can't believe that it's almost Christmas! Wow!

I hope that everyone is having a good weekend.

StNessa79 and Eny
Thanks for the I need it! I completely feel you on the working out. I've been in a slump too. But I did 2 tags yesterday, and 2 more today. I still have a BOAT LOAD to catch up on though!!! My goal for this week is to catch up on the number of tags you've all sent me!!!

Mel - are we stopping the tagging now that we're so close? I'm afraid that we're NEVER going to do them all!!! (ok maybe it's just because I slcaked off for 1+ weeks!!!)

Oh as for the stuff.. I tried pretending that it didn't bother me, masked it with pizza and chips... and yet I'm still a little sad. I'm turning things around though. Oh and TOM has yet to come - which btw are COMPLETELY screwing w/ my thoughts and hormones! My poor DH is taking the brunt of my mood swings... yesterday I yelled at him for never helping around the house (which isn't entirely true) and then I YELLED AT HIM FOR LOADING THE DISHES IN THE DISHWASHER WRONG!!! All within 20 minutes of eachother!!! THe day was full of things like that. He sais that I've been like this for about a week! TOM Better get here SOON!!! Right now I'm 2 - 7 days late (my cycle is between 28 & 33 days) I figure is I don't start again by Christmas then I'll test again. What an awesome blessing that would be! If not then I'll talk to my Gyno on the 8th (I already have my "icky" appt. that day.)

I just need to stop trying to mask the bad feelings with food... so I'm going to attempt to do 1 tag in the morning when I get up - to start my day off - and then while I'm on vaca anytime I'm feeling really blue. I'll lick this girls - I promise. but I still need all of you!!!

Oh and the challenge is comeing to a close VERY SOON!!! Let's make the most of this week!
Old 12-21-2008, 08:30 AM   #235  

Default Tag

So since I've done 4 tags - I'm going to tag my 12 Lucky Ladies!!!

butterflygurl
DixieMa
Faux
Mel
Jasonslea
Shine
Ruth
Princess
Nessa
Jo
reda
Hattie22

I'm going to accomplish more today too - but for now I have to get ready for church!
Old 12-21-2008, 09:40 AM   #236  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Eny~I am with you I now have 5 tags to do. I took a few days off exercise to be with the grands. We had an awesome day yesterday. They helped me wrap my gifts. We made an assembly line. I was totally amazed by the quickness we got them done!!!! The tree looks "loved" now. I only have a few more to do and I am done!!! Then last night we went looking at the Christmas lights. I felt like a kid again. We had such a great time!!!! Then I got to watch the end of the football game. BUT I need to polislh off my tags and be even with the board tomorrow. Christmas is coming so fast!!!! I will do my tags. Like Eny asked when is the cut off for taging. With last minute things to do, unexpected guest dropping in, the present we forgot to buy stress coming up???? Yet, we do need to finish strong and not slack off, health doesn't wait or know about Holidays.

Today is clear, blue skies, sunshine and soooo pretty. Very different from the past week. We got snow and ice, but nothing like Eny did. Most of it has melted. We have had fog for the last 2 days. Due to evaporation and no where for it to go. Hung around like a blanket. I might venture out for a walk if it isn't freezing cold out there. Then tomorrow it is business as usual. I will catch ya all later with some tagging to do. Pat
Old 12-21-2008, 10:08 AM   #237  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Wow, our challenge is almost over. I have still been eating too much! Easy to do this time of year. I have been exercising like crazy to try to mitigate the damage but I would need to quit my job to work out that much! Yesterday I went to two back to back classes at the Y for a total of 2 and a half hours of exercise. WooHoo! One thing about this challenge, I may not have lost much weight but I sure have gotten stronger exercise wise. The tag challenge was a brilliant idea!

Eny-Sorry your preg test was not positive yet. Hang in there. My first baby took 2 years to conceive! I was sooooo sad. Good things take time. (I have three nearly grown kids.)

Heather-I was born in Nebraska, but I have lived in both the North and the South. Also out west too. Chicago was the first place I moved. I loved the big city and the pizza was excellent! I live in Atlanta now and it is my favorite place, but I do miss the snow.

Ruth-Awesome job not eating the pizza and soda yesterday. Wish I could say the same!

I need tags!!!

Here are my tags for yesterday's work:

fld20

Stephi (Congrats on finishing your finals!)

Dixie
Old 12-21-2008, 10:30 AM   #238  

I now have 6 tags to do. There are a bunch of football games on this afternoon. I will be working hard while they are on. Get them down so I can have tomorrow to get done the last minute things that need to be done. My sister is asking me to make several batches of cookies. If I bake them I want to eat them. It is far, far better for me to leave the baking to some one else. It is better to ask me to bake the turkey than bake any thing!!!! I am thinking it is better for me to volunteer to do most of the cooking, I don't want to wait til 9-10pm to eat Christmas dinner. We are having it a my Nieces' house she works Christmas til 3pm. I think It would be nice if I cook most of it Even If I "don't cook it the way she would" Drives me nuts, but......A gift horse is still a gift horse!! I don't want to eat them go to bed. VERY bad idea. I can bake the turkey, make the mashed potatoes, and the stuffing. If she wants green bean casserole I can do that too. My sister always asks me to make a pumpkin cheesecake pie. The rest is up to her. Turkey, mashed potatoes and pie is all I would eat. Not bad, but. I could add a salad, and some kind of fruit I like and munch on that while every one else chows on the carbs. Even if I over do the fruit and salad I am calories ahead (OR behind) by eating better choises. I think I have a plan going on here!!! Okay got afew odds and ends to finish. I will catch ya all later. Pat
Old 12-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #239  

I am really getting stressed out!!!! Here is the deal. My Niece is having Christmas dinner at her house (next door). She works Christmas Day til 3 pm. I thought it would be a nice gesture to offer to cook. I asked them Friday what was on the menu what time did they plan to have dinner. How many would be there for dinner? I got a very almost rude I don't know any thing. NO plans NO organization. I thought I would do that for them. I tried to talk it over with my son. He went in his room and playing video games. I tried to bounce it around with DD. She had to hang up promising to call me later. I have all day plans for tomorrow. I have plans for Tuesday. I have plans for Christmas eve including picking up my oldest DD to come home for Christmas. I am totally frustrated with this I don't know, can't make up my mind thing. I need to get to the store. Make as much as I can in advance!! I don't want to wait til 10-11pm Christmas night to eat dinner. I guess I am just having a pity party feeling I am being put off on the back burner. Then it will be a frantic mad dash to get everything done at the last possible milli second. It has happened like this for the last 8-10 years. Maybe I need a plan B? Mix and mingle then come home? Not try so hard to fit into their plans, have my own plans? Would certainly ease the stress of it all. Don't want to make the family angry, but I want to enjoy the day. After all I am just next door. They could come see me. Okay, I am working on a plan B. Catch ya all later Pat
Old 12-21-2008, 01:39 PM   #240  

Pat - definately stick with a plan b... it's not your job to save Christmas - and maybe you asking the plans, etc.. feels to them like you're trying to push them aside and do it yourself. I know my mom and I have gone rounds on that. I'ma HUGE planner - and she'll decide Christmas eve morning what she's making that night for the family of 10! IT DRIVES ME CRAZY!!! I just told her this year that whatever she decides is fine.. if she'd like me to come over ealry and help I will, and that I hope she doesn't decide to cook what my family had the night before for dinner. ( we're not big turkey & ham people... usually have italian or mexican for the holidays )

It will all work out - and remember the important thing is to see everyone and enjoy in the spirit - not worry about if the rolls are overdone.

Tera - thanks. When i got pregnant with DD we weren't "trying" I didn't have any symptoms - my cycle was EXTREMELY irregular, and I literally woke up one morneing feeling "different" so I took a test and it was positive. Thing is - my Ex and I had regular unprotected intercourse for 5 years before I conceived. I'm hoping that's not the case this time!! I DO NOT want DD to be 12 when a new baby is born!!!!
Closed Thread