Old 04-24-2008, 10:16 AM   #46  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

The interview went well but I'm iffy on whether or not I will get the position (or even want it!). I got along great with the interviewer but found out that the doctor will be the one to decide and I didn't met him. Plus, if I do get the position, I'll be this doctor's ONLY secretary! If this position was for on one of the wards, where I would be one of five-six clerks, I could handle that. Now I'm scared. I really don't have much experience doing straight secretary work, they have training but still! I'll be by myself! I probably won't get the job which will be sad cause I really am burnt out in food service.

TOM arrived yesterday, RIGHT BEFORE THE INTERVIEW, yeah it sucked having to smile and appear cheerful when I wanted to rip someone's face off! But that explains why I got so depressed yesterday and the weight gain. And why I'm so sleepy right now! I really don't feel like going anywhere, I think I'm going to wash these clothes and just lay around today.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:10 AM   #47  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

aww, tx gals! I DO know that we can talk about anything here & get some great support . . . it was just SUCH a revelation that I had buried my worry so deep I didn't even KNOW it was on my mind.

Kind of scary to me.

Just thinking I was feeling "blah." (Tx for pointing that out grazie!)

Really hope I take something POSITIVE away from this realization.

DD21Molly - I was a basket case at the kindergarten door jcat . . . remember actually pulling the car over a block from the school - sobbing so hard I couldn't drive even! Looking back, I cried EVERYWHERE she was . . . dance recitals . . . gymnastics . . . swimming . . . talent shows . . . high school band & graduation . . . DD10Tess? We video'd her first day of kindergarten & actually had to call to her to even get her to say goodybye! Mainly just got the sniffles that my "last baby" was so independent/not needy that she didn't even need to say goodbye to Ole Mom.
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 11:16 AM   #48  
aud
lc lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLea View Post
. . . Now I'm scared. I really don't have much experience doing straight secretary work, they have training but still! I'll be by myself! I probably won't get the job which will be sad cause I really am burnt out in food service. . . .

Anything new is scary - just always think to yourself that if a zillion others can do this - I definitely CAN! I like that you said the job may not be your cup of tea anyway - that's the spirit!
I know from experience that food service is a thankless, underpaid wol . . . weekends holidays - ughughgh - with this line of work (not just this particular job) - you could definitely go on to other things/somewhere I think.
Love how you keep not only hanging in there but get out & GET IT jlea!
Old 04-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #49  
aud
lc lifestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
. . . D- The Song "Right Now" - Van Halen - will be the motivator for the day. Check it out!

Popping back by to say Great Song Choice nixieM!

It's now competing inmy head with the ever-present UmBrella . . . Ella Ella Ella . . . eh eh eh Enjoying Van Halen oh so much more!!!! TX!

PS my BFF from work saw Santana last nite & is going to Van Halen Saturday Nite . . . gosh, I really need to have a better time on lay off don't I??????

Old 04-24-2008, 12:58 PM   #50  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

i just ate a blueberry scone. it didn't make me feel better. stupid meeting. no word yet on the house. I'll let you know when i do hear something.

Some days I just want to crawl into a cave and stay there with my dvd's, laptop, workout equipment and nobody to bother me. Today's one of those days. you would think TOM's here but he's not. i just woke up cranky
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 01:08 PM   #51  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by aud View Post
PS my BFF from work saw Santana last nite & is going to Van Halen Saturday Nite . . . gosh, I really need to have a better time on lay off don't I??????
I am soooooooooo jealous. And "heck yeah!" you should be hoppin all over some fun! Grab up an extra ticket and go with her!
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 02:07 PM   #52  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Done. Well with sign ups. I knew so many people there it was funny. Mak got along great with the other kids there. Found out we still need 2 shots (I really thought we were up to date). Ill call and set up the appt soon.
So the daycare my kids go to does not transport the kids from our school district so DH's grandmother is planning on picking her up and taking her to daycare for us. This would work out great except I am worried that she'll either forget or have a doc appt scheduled and flake out on us. In the past she used to babysit Makenna for the hour between the time I went to work and DH got off. She became so unreliable that I had to get another babysitter (and got scolded by everyone for taking her "baby" away, I WAS NOT HAPPY). She has always been completely reliable for everyone else which is why they think I am nuts. I'm looking into other after-school programs that will transport but in the meantime DH thinks we should get Mak a Cell phone with our numbers programmed into it just in case Nana forgets. I know that there is a teacher outside with the kids and will call if no one shows up to pick her up (after 30 minutes) but I don't want her to wait that long. I am not convinced she needs a phone, but DH is working on me. Sigh, why am I such a worry wart????

DH went to work earlier than exected (problems with the scheduling) I have to get off my hiney and start working out. My energy level bottomed out yesterday and I haven't gotten it back (I hope I'm not coming down with the kids' bug).

I better get moving if I want my workout!
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 04:33 PM   #53  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

wait jen, she's starting kindergarten....so that makes her close to 5 right? wow. cell phone at that age. I know it won't be one like i've got or anything like that but still...at 5 i was more concerned with cutting the future homecoming queen of my senior classes hair with rounded scissors LMAO

Ok the reason for the blueberry scone (and i'd done so well up to that point)....i was angry. Angry and insulted and feeling very unappreciated. The scone appreciated me until i went to workout. Now it's just making me miserable.....

I'd put in a great suggestion to the company as to getting applications all online (both internal and external ones) plus setting up a station in the reception area (we've got a couple of rooms set aside for member confrences if necessary) for people who want to come in and apply...they can do it online. It saves on some of the testing...at least we'd know they can type, spell correctly, use correct grammar....

the idea was shot down. the suggestions that got gift cards....3 out of 4 were for stuff in the fitness room: extra mats, locks on the shower doors (one for each bathroom) and a hanging wall file to hold the remote controls to the television/dvd player.

The whole point was for cost containment...not let's go spend more money. I was really insulted by it That's no excuse, and I should've turned the stupid scone down.

Now my stress is school. I feel SO dang behind, and I have assignments due and i have a housewarming party friday night and bachelorette party saturday. I might have to cancel on the bachelorette party I wanted to go to the city to hear an 80's cover band *whine*

no official word yet on the house....
Old 04-24-2008, 06:20 PM   #54  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

And btw tough butt for anyone thinking you were "taking her baby" away from her. sheesh!
Old 04-24-2008, 08:09 PM   #55  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Hey!!

At our school kids are not even allowed to have cell phones. That is what the office is for. They make the calls that need to be made. I haven't lost a child yet, they all get home just fine. Some a little later than others, but they all get there. My daughter didn't even get a phone until she went to college 5 years ago. Oh yeah, that's when I got mine too, so I could talk to her.

Talk about busy weekends. My sis works for March of Dimes and it is their walk weekend on Sat. So I will help her out. Hey, I'll get a good workout in. It is a 4 mile walk. Sunday is DD senior recital ( culmination of 5 years of work) an hour away. Then it is my niece's baby shower, starting 30 min. after DD recital. Yikes!! The food will be ridiculous. Food at the walk, pizza at the recital, baby shower food. HELP!!!

Tom. is the big day. I make my switch to the new scale and adjust my weight. EEK!! So it will be a weird day. I was down a little today, so I have hope for tom. You might not hear from me over the weekend. We'll see.

Have a great Friday, Sat, Sunday everyone!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 05:34 AM   #56  
Calorie Counter

Morning ladies. I agree with everything you said. a 5 year old with a cell phone is ridiculous. However. . .Cell phones are allowed at the school in the bags in the closet. I work 30 minutes away from the school and DH is usually on deliveries (up to an hour away). Thats the main reason He wants her to have a cell phone If her grandmother flakes we can fix the situation PRONTO. Not make her wait over an hour. When my 12 year old sister went to Kindergarten my mom thought she had arrangements one day for her to be pickedup and didn't. They made my sister (5 at the time) wait outside until someone picked her up and it was about 45 minutes before they called me. I just hate to have Mak go through that. BUT I think we may have the problem solved anyway (sparks new issues though). She would be able to take the school bus to the school closest to my house, the daycare is half a block away and They will probably pick her up (checking into it today). Also since we are members of the Y she can take the bus to the Y and they would account for her (Y kids after school program, like a daycare). The phone, BTW would be programmed to only call certain numbers. BUT we haven't decided anything yet, simply because I think it is ridiculous for a 5 year old to have a cell phone (DH sees nothing wrong with it ).

SO PMS has it me bad. Yesterday was the day I felt like crap wanted to eat everything I saw and not move off the couch. I kept telling my self stop, get up, workout, dont eat that chocolate. I came in at around 1500 calories so it wasn't too horrible, I got all my water in, but no workout I am in such a bad mood already this morning because I didn't get much sleep rrrrrrrr. I still have to function though so my Hit for the day:

W 80 oz
E extra laps, stretch, arm cirlces mmunches, pushups
E 1200 cals
D not to bite anyones head off because my hormones are raging

Last edited by jcatron243; 04-25-2008 at 05:36 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:38 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Nixmom-good choice in songs. Hadn't heard that one in a long while! Now, I'm hearing it in my head!

JC, whatever choice you and DH make will certainly be the right one for your baby. At least you have a little time to figure it out.

HT, hand in there, sounds a little stressy right now!

Mtiger, good luck, I made the scale switch too. It was ugly at first, but the new one was so much better in the long run, at least it was consistent. My old one was a dial and it might be 3-6 pounds different in 30 seconds! The new one shows me when I've lost even .2, that helps me alot just to know I am moving in the right direction!

Jlea, good luck either way, these things have a way of working out, if you get it, you are gonna be great, if not, it's because there is something else out there for you!

Aud- I agree, I'd head for VanHalen Saturday night. Sounds like fun!

I am doing good, ate some crap last night, several handfuls of chocolate chips straight from the bag, and a beer...I think I will make the family cookies this weekend so I can get those out of here. But I also went for a 35 minute run after work, coupled with the rest of the exercise and the fact I did get to the walk at lunch I wanted, not so bad overall. I weighed in for TBL this AM at 150, did not want to forget tomorrow and get left out, so up 3 # from the ticker and 4.4 from the morning I left for vacation, but so be it.

W 4 L
E those darn crunches 75 upper and 75 lower and at least 17 push ups, that's where I left off yesterday.
E OP, no chips, no bad carbs
D like the sneaker people say "just do it"
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 09:00 AM   #58  
aud
lc lifestyle

Thought all day yesterday was Friday - lay off is starting to get me in such a BLUR.

*snapping out of it*

No Van Halen for me . . . didn't get in on the tickets . . . was "too busy" at the time & now hereI sit. Plus didn'tknow what incantation of the group it was going to be - Eddie was going into lockdown again at the time . . . & its always a guess if they even show up.

I'm still pulling myself up out of the blur-blah-fog . . . helps to read along to everyones Posts!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:11 AM   #59  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

Dey gotz da Woooooooooooooooolfie playin i know that much.

LOL i bought Val's book. Pretty good. Not the stephen king book i have, but stilll good

stayed up way too late doing homework. DH was helping me with it. i'm tired. gotta stop off at the eye doc's office this morning on the way into work cuz it's the only time I can pick them up and i need them to see when i'm not in my contacts. my old glasses are straining my eyes as it is.

Guess I'll not go to the bachelorette party this weekend too. Got way too much to do I really wanted to go!!
Old 04-25-2008, 09:52 AM   #60  
aud
lc lifestyle

I wanna go Bacheloretting PLUS I'm available!

I'd like to see Wolfie. The spin on Eddie's lockdown is that Wolfie went off on him for being unprofessional/drunk on stage.

Have you seen the commercial with MeatLoaf singing Paradise By The Dash Board Lights for a cell phone? I thought for sure the teenager in it was his real life son or something . . . turns out its not - but that kid is GREAT singing "Love ya til the end of time" isn't he? I also thought the chick that comes in was the gal from the original "duet" part - turns out its "Tiffany" from the 80's . . . . like that commercial almost as much as the cute guy singing about "freecreditreport.combabeeeeee" - LOL!

QUIT STALLING AUDDIE & GET OUTSIDE!!!!!!!

yes ma'am - outta here! *salute*