Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 06:40 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CammieCam View Post

I'm quite ashamed of myself honestly. No one else knows about the binges. Maybe my mom, but she didn't really understand when I tried to explain it to her a few months ago, so I've never mentioned it again. And since I live alone it's pretty easy to get into a binge because there is no one there to hide from or tell me to stop. I guess that's why I'm here, I need someone to be accountable to.
Cammie: I can totally relate to what you're saying. My sister and I used to hide tons of junk food in our rooms and binge when my parents were out of the house when were were teenagers. My mom, of course, always found them and insisted she never understood why we had to hide food. I think it's really hard for people to understand binge eating, especially because food is such a part of our everyday lives. It's not like if she had found a bottle of vodka in our room or some drugs or something where you could say it makes sense to hide it. It's great that you tried to explain it to your mom, though. My mom and I are pretty close but I've never gotten up the courage to tell her that I binge. She knows I get into these episodes where I eat junk food but I think she thinks it's just eating junk food all day, like the standard American diet type of junk food, not binging.

The thing that really stopped me from feeling so ashamed of it was getting on the net and finding so much information on binge eating and compulsive eating and so many boards like this one with people talking about it. It was like, whoa, I'm not the only one here, this is a common thing. That made me feel like I'm not some kind of freak who indulges in junk food to try and deal with stress and emotional issues, but there are a lot of people out there who do this.

Tam
Old 06-15-2008, 07:35 PM   #92  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

A couple of hours ago I went into the kitchen and opened a box of cookies, a bag of chips, and a jar of Nutella. I stood there on the verge of binging for a few minutes. The thing is- I felt hesitant about it for the first time ever. My thoughts were all muddled, like my mind was fighting something evil. Then something clicked in my brain, I decided it just wasn't worth it, and put all the food away. Then I got on the treadmill for half an hour, in an act of defiance to the evil thingie.
I'm just relieved that I can continue on to day 10 now.
What happened today has never happened before in my life. I feel stronger, less emotionally attached to my binge foods. I won a battle today.
And now....I will stop talking about myself.
This site is helping me much more than I ever thought it would. Thank you, 3FC and especially this weekly thread and everyone in it

Last edited by Mongoose; 06-15-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 06-15-2008, 07:38 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammay View Post
The thing that really stopped me from feeling so ashamed of it was getting on the net and finding so much information on binge eating and compulsive eating and so many boards like this one with people talking about it. It was like, whoa, I'm not the only one here, this is a common thing. That made me feel like I'm not some kind of freak who indulges in junk food to try and deal with stress and emotional issues, but there are a lot of people out there who do this.
Yes! I remember the first time I read about compulsive overeating. It was so comforting to me, as are forums like this one. Thank goodness for the Internet.
Old 06-15-2008, 09:13 PM   #94  
ProfessionalMisadventurer

S/C/G: 176/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! You're all doing SO GREAT, I love it!!!
Day 3 for me!! I'm really curious about tomorrow. I've always been able to stick to a good diet for exactly three days... sometimes four... and then I crash and burn. I've never had this forum before, though. This support and encouragement might just be that extra push I need.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:13 PM   #95  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Wow mongoose - looks like you really made it through that challenge! good for you! I sometimes fight binge urge with negative distraction (like exercise, ugh) but it's almost like I'm punishing myself for the evil urges. Hmm.

Tammy - I lived a good many of my childhood years in Texas, LOL! Now I love just outside of Jerusalem. And you're not missing out on the fruits and veg this year - shmittah food is awful :P

Today is day 30 for me - it's only 6:00 AM and I have a wedding this evening but I am feeling postivie about weathering today successfully.
Closed Thread