Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 09:03 PM   #61  
ProfessionalMisadventurer

S/C/G: 176/ticker/130

Height: 5'6"

I'll jump in, this is the perfect thread for me! It's hard for me to go longer than three or four days without binging. I've been doing great on portion control since Monday, but today I ate a veggie burger with fries for lunch. I walked along the water afterward for maybe a mile, but then had a piece of pizza.... way to go me.... let's hope tomorrow is better
Old 06-12-2008, 11:49 PM   #62  
Walking away the weight

Wow- we have so many newcomers- how awesome.

Day 6 complete for me

Welcome to the group, Jessica!

Josephine- day 100 is right around the corner Sorry your friend got you all worked up over sweets.

Monica, welcome! sorry you are having such a hard time. I have found the people in this group nothing but supportive!

Hello, Matt - nice to "meet" you.

Heather-

Hello Jenny! I am doing WW too. Is there a way you can change your weigh in day to one that would work better for you?

desigirl- good job staying on plan!

Miriam- will you be doing something special on Day 30? It sounds like you had an amazing insight and response with the almost binge- WTG.

Vak- hooray for day 6. We are on the same day

Darlene- it sounds to me like you are making a lot of progress!

dollyfinn- welcome! I think my binges are often how you describe. Mindless grazing even after I am very full.

mazda- welcome too!

Hello, Mongoose!

Tammy- it sounds like you had a very significant insight about depression.

Moony- hello there!

I was super busy today, which is why I am posting so late. Tomorrow is my weekly weigh in day which I always feel a bit nervous about, even though I weigh myself multiple times all week. I am happy to have gotten through day 6! And, in ten minutes, it will be the start of day 7 LOL.
Old 06-13-2008, 12:33 AM   #63  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Gosh Leigh, I think you deserve a prize for remembering everyone's names!!!!

I had my food plan all written out for yesterday but instead of the lentils and rice I was supposed to have - I went for NACHOS. Not a terrible substitute, but I was a little irritated at myself for not sticking to me original plan.

Anyone have any ideas for chronic constipation? I certianly am NOT dehydrated, and I can't get prune juice here. I drank this awful tea that helps, but I don't know if the rotten stomach cramps that go with it are worth the bother!

I'm on day 27, can't believe it's almost a month! I have to think of something that is not food rewards.... Because that was always my modus operandi - reward with food! NOT NOW!!

I don't like Fridays or Saturdays - I like good old scehdule, and I don't work on Fri and Sat and it makes me nervous. Also my 3 year old is staying home from school today because he's a little under the weather, and that's stressful!

Have a great day!
Old 06-13-2008, 12:57 AM   #64  

Default Blooming Hard..

I had a good day yesterday.. day one for me. And I think it was because I found you guys. I wish it was easy.. but I have to work at it HARD every day.

I seem to have left those days behind when I ate until I had a sore tummy. Now I have to keep a firm watch out that I don't slip into mindless grazing.. you know like a cow chewing its cud (LOL)

Thank you to ALL that welcomed me to the group.. it was MUCH appreciated. I will say a quick hello to a few of you later on today.

Cheers, Jenny

Last edited by JennyWren; 06-13-2008 at 01:00 AM.
Old 06-13-2008, 07:07 AM   #65  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Moony - welcome, one piece of pizza isn't going to ruin a diet, just move on with today

Leigh - almost a week - that's great!

Miriam - are you getting enough fiber? IF not maybe increase it, even with a metamucil type product.

Jenny - It is work but it's worth it you know? Being unhappy and binging is hard also - just try to remind myself of this when I feel a binge coming on!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:28 AM   #66  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome Moony! I agree with Heather, put the pizza in the past and move forward with a good plan!

Hugs to ALL of us who are working hard at this EVERY day! We can do it!
Old 06-13-2008, 08:09 AM   #67  
Walking away the weight

Quote:
Gosh Leigh, I think you deserve a prize for remembering everyone's names!!!!
it is because I keep open two windows and reply to each post not any great talent on my part LOL. I do not know about any cure other than lots of fruit and high fiber (whole grains) for constipation

Jenny- oh I have to work really hard at this as well. In fact, I have started over a lot as these gals will attest to. However, this has been awesome for my accountability since I am not going to post a lie about how I am doing.

Heather- that is some good advice

Josephine - good morning to you.

Day 7 for me. But I have even bigger news! A 2.4 lb loss this week at official weigh in - held in my luxurious closet where I keep the scale

Don't have any huge plans - mainly running errands with DS.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:22 AM   #68  
wallstreet biker

S/C/G: 250/threw away the scale

Height: 5'11''

Good morning to all ! Thanks so much for the warm welcome! Day 3 for me , on program and no binging feels good. Coming off a dificult year, i need to make this work. I am tired of dieting for the past 30 years, the successes and the relapses. Over the years I have lost 100's of pounds and regained them. I'm just tired of the roller coaster ride. thanks for listening. Have a great day! matt.
Old 06-13-2008, 08:37 AM   #69  
Keep Chuggin'

Woohoo Leigh on your great weight loss!!! I'd loooove to see that on sunday for me!! and i see the dietitian again this week, and I don't actually know what I gain by going to her, seeing as I am basically the one who makes my food plan.. except last time she told me i wasn't eating enough. THAT was fun, LOL!

I am feeling a little down today, although I shouldn't! I'm on day 27 and if that ain't a big deal - I don't know WHAT is.. But still..
Old 06-13-2008, 08:37 AM   #70  

Day 4 for me!!!! I know that when i binge, i am treating my body horribly. I need to kick this self destructive habit...one day at a time!! Counting the days is a great motivation for me!!
Old 06-13-2008, 09:29 AM   #71  
Learning to love ME!

Hi, everyone! Happy weekend! Weekends tend to be tough for me because something will stress me out with dh or the kids and I'll go into automatic eating mode. My goal during this weekend is to stop and become aware before starting to eat.

Tammay, for me, there is definitely a connection between depression and bingeing. In fact, I'm trying to focus on treating the depression instead of focusing on weight loss.

Yesterday I overate a bit at lunch and was uncomfortable, but it wasn't a full-out binge. Just mindless eating during that meal.
Old 06-13-2008, 02:58 PM   #72  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I'm facing a BBQ for my dad tomorrow - fortunately they aren't serving a single thing that is vegan so I can't be tempted, yippee! Day 93 on plan today, whoo hoo!
Old 06-13-2008, 07:17 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Hi Everyone,
It's been a very rough and stressful end of the week. I teach an online course in college writing and one student was not happy with the grade for an assignment and let me know - in a very rude and sarcastic way - yesterday. This same student, I found out today, posted a note to a classroom discussion accusing me of picking on her. The note was posted right after her rude message to me, so I'm guessing she was in the same frame of mind. I'm trying to put it into perspective (she's been having a hard time, so I'm the target for her frustration) but I haven't been teaching at this place for very long and I don't want to get fired. So I'm trying to deal with it constructively and not destructively (i.e., binge).

I think the stress just fell upon me this morning because I didn't take my walk but slept in. I did do some pilates today with a resistance band (upper and lower body) and that helped. I'm beginning to find out that doing some exercise in the middle of the day has been a lifesaver for me. It's really helped me get out my stress these past few days.

Tam
Old 06-13-2008, 08:12 PM   #74  
Walking away the weight

Matt - glad you feel you are now turning a corner. It is definitely one day at a time for me - and I fall off the wagon quite often too, but then just start again the next day.

Miriam- I bet you will see something good on Sunday!

Mazda- welcome to day four.

Hey, Darlene! Sounds like we could both take the binge-free weekend challenge.

Vak- hope you are feeling better soon!

Josephine- so do you bring your own food to the BBQ?

Tammy- wow. Sounds like your student could use some more maturity. I am glad you posted here and are thinking of ways to exercise rather than binge.

I am feeling icky tonight - but I think it is just allergies and not more serious. I am hoping to take advantage of the situation and go to bed early!
Old 06-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #75  
Keep Chuggin'

Hi everyone!

Day 28.... awesome, huh?

Josephine - I LOVE when things aren't vegetarian and it takes away all the conflict about not choosing them. Actually - that reminds me about the little event that set me off to this journey !

I had made roast potatoes (among other foods) to server to a crowd of people, and I started eating them. ALL of them... In the past - this has happened - that I ate the whole tray (yes, all 5 KG, oil and all) and had to start from scratch. I was feeling very out of control, and kept telling myself, "One more, and that's it" I don't have to explain this - I'm sure you all know the drill... At some point my husband came in and saw that I had done justice to about half of it already and removed the tray from where I was sitting. I don't know about the rest of you - but I DO NOT appreciate outside involvement! So I was madder at him than at myslef, and as soon as he walked out of the kitchen I went for the potatoes again. And then I had a moment of sanity and asked myself, "You know you don't REALLY want to eat all those potatoes. What can you do to stop??" And then I had a flash of brilliance: I had made chicken as the main dish, and I took the chicken and poured it all over the potatoes! And that was that - as much as I like to binge - I am a STRICT vegetarian, and now the potatoes were OFF LIMITS. (Potatoes are definitely a trigger food for me, and I don't usually make them separate form a meat item just for this reason) Consequently - that Saturday I did some thinking and Sunday was the beginning

Sorry if I went on a bit!
Closed Thread