Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 12:34 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

Default Binge Free Challenge ~ June 9 - June 15

Hi chickies!! Welcome to the binge free challenge!! You can come in here and post your weekly successes and struggles and keep track of your binge free days. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. This is a positive thread, so I have to enforce the "be careful about being too negative" rule. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other. We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

If anyone has any questions or concerns, or you just need to talk privately, don't hestitate to PM me.

Let's have an awesome week!!
Old 06-09-2008, 01:42 AM   #2  

Today I most definitely DID binge. but looking forward to sharing many days of greatness!
Old 06-09-2008, 06:53 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone! I haven't posted for a while, but I had a few bingey moments last week, so I'd like to get back on track. But I think I really am starting to get better, I didn't eat nearly as much as I used to and I think it's all thanks to this thread/this forum. to everyone.
Day 3, here I go.
Old 06-09-2008, 07:33 AM   #4  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Good morning! Today will be day 28 for me! I never thought I could do 30, but now I know I can make it.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:04 AM   #5  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Whoo hoo Wardhog! Isn't it amazing! Now you can set your sites on 60! You can do it!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:16 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 208/180/170

Height: 5'11"

Hey girls, I had a busy weekend and was unable to get on here, but just wanted to let you know I am now on day 15! I am so happy, I am halfway through a month who would have ever thought I could do it...lol. And I managed to lose about 1.5 lbs last week.

I hope everyone has a great day!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:49 AM   #7  
Learning to love ME!

I'd like to join! I've decided that instead of focusing on weight loss as my goal, I'm going to focus on peace with food, dealing with my emotions, etc. My goals this week:

1. Meditation daily
2. Sweaty exercise most days
3. Journal about my feelings twice a day

I've just started this, and I'm glad I don't have to do it alone!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:50 AM   #8  
Michelle the Vegan

Welcome Gypsydancer! Very nice goals for the week!

Congrats on Day 15 Worleygirl, whoo hoo! That's awesome!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:23 AM   #9  
Walking away the weight

Day 3 . . .

Honeygrl898- I like your positive attitude. Tomorrow is a new day!

Mongoose- I am on day 3 as well

WardHog- I think you should do something special for yourself when you get to day 30

worleygirl25-

Darlene- hello there! Nice to meet you. I like your goals.

Hello, Josephine! I hope you are having a happy day. Not sure you caught my post in the last weekly thread, but I loved your insights about losing your desire for certain foods.

I did a 40 minute walk today and am back on track with power walking after my week of sickness - hooray! I do not yet know what DS and I are going to do today. It is still very hot and I do not want to do anything that costs a lot of money as I am on a limited budget this week.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #10  
Young and Pretty NYC Girl

Height: 5'6"

I'd like to hang around for a bit if you don't mind. I've been struggling with binge eating since maybe January and having quite a time getting myself to stop. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly and I'm looking into getting myself into perhaps therapy to deal with what it is that's triggering the binges. In the meantime I'd like to hang out here if I can, just to keep myself accountable and get some support. Perhaps this will help me stop or at the very least, not binge as much as I have been lately.

Yesterday was very good, I did not binge. Although the beginning of the week always starts out well for me but by Thursday or Friday and especially Saturday I'm always back into old habits. We'll see what happens this week. I'm trying to stay positive, although it's very difficult.

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:58 AM   #11  
...the duchess...

S/C/G: 180/151/130

Height: 5'7"

.i would love to join.
.bingeing is something that i seriously need to keep in check.
.i hadn't for the long time, until last night when i nearly lost it.
.i ordered pork fried rice (much to my boyfriend's glee as he hates that i restrict what i eat), & proceeded to stuff my face with 6 or 7 forkfuls of it before i managed to stop myself.
.it could have been bad...i could nearly see myself polishing off the rice & heading to the kitched for something else...anything else.
.well ladies, today is day 1 for me.

.ciao bellas.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:13 PM   #12  
Walking away the weight

Hi, Cammie and mizztiQue! Welcome.

So far I have managed to not to eat the chocolate chip cookies I baked as a special summer treat for DS. I know, I know - not a great idea to have them in the house at all However, I have decided I can make a choice to have ONE (3 points) if I still want one around 4 pm with some decaf coffee. We'll see.

Also, remember how I went and got those foo foo bras the other day (the fitting was my 10lb loss reward). Anyway - one of the bras I got is not fitting me well, so I am going to bring it back and try and exchange it for a good sports bra I think.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #13  
Michelle the Vegan

Welcome Cammie and mizztiQue!

Mizz -- the weekends seem to be a special challenge for most of us, so we understand how hard it is to stay on plan for those days!

Leigh -- Thanks for your comments. It is REALLY nice to have those trigger foods lose their glamor. Nice... and surprising, because I honestly never thought it possible! I feel so much more HOPEFUL about a binge-free life now that this has started to happen!

Great job control yourself around the cookies, yay! And you have a plan and if you can enjoy just one that's a huge victory!
Old 06-09-2008, 02:42 PM   #14  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Dang you guys are quick! I didn't even realize that it's time for the next binge-free challenge - I'm happy I'm holding up!
Day 23 over here! Almost a month - cool!

This afternoon something soooo weird happened! Sitting around at the big <too big> festive meal for the holiday - I had everything all planned well, except theat my mother would serve the main course <vegetarian enchiladas> and heck - she gave me a huge piece (why not? It's my favorite food..) and of course, I finished it all and she gave me another little slice which I ate too. I wouldn't call it binging - but I hadn't planned for seconds.

Okay - now for thw weird part:
I've spent about 8 years of my life binging and eating till I was so stuffed I couldn't move, but I don't EVER remember feeling so uncomfortable after a meal like I did today! And honestly? I've eaten TONS more than I did today at one sitting (i've eaten a Whole PAN of enchildads at once) without feeling so gross!!

It was the first time EVER I actually considered going and forcing myself to vomit it all up, my stomach hurt so badly.

But what a learning experience! My body actually knows now when it's full! i haven't felt that for YEARS!

So I'm grateful for that, and will still work on being able to leave food on my plate.

Jo - day 88. wowzers. What are you going to do for the big 100??

Worley & Wardhog & Leigh - we're going strong!

Leigh - a sports bra, now that's not nearly as fun as the other type! hehehe, but as a mom, perhaps more functional-!! :P
Welcome to all the new faces - hope to get to know you better!

Last edited by miriam101; 06-09-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:57 PM   #15  
Geek and like it.

Location: i am neither greek nor athenian, but a citizen of the world.

Big welcome to Cammie and mizztiQue and Gypsydancer!

Miriam, I know what you mean. I think it's a good thing cos it means your stomachs is shrinking - when i go through a few days of binging even on lo-cal foods it seems like I can eat and eat and drink and drink and still have room....then when I'm doing better, if I drink a biggish cup of tea after eating I'm like 'hey, my belly's full!'

I had garden parties today (end of term here at uni). I don't think I ate too much as I made it my dinner but it was buffet-style so a little hard to keep track of, and not many healthy options around. Dang those little pastries are good! Still I don't feel over-full, so that's a good sign.
Closed Thread