Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 04:50 PM   #16  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

Sorry! Have to post again! Look what I have- a TICKER!!!!

I'm sooooooooo thrilled!!!
Old 06-09-2008, 08:51 PM   #17  
Young and Pretty NYC Girl

Height: 5'6"

I'm here posting before I go get a third bowl of baked cheetos. I told myself I'd only have one bowl, but went back and got another. I'm not gonna beat myself up, I'm just gonna finish up this second bowl, go brush my teeth and that will be it for the night.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:23 AM   #18  
Keep Chuggin'

thanks, Vak! Try writing things down the night before - I find that this works better for me - even if I don't keep to it 100% but it gives me some kind of guideline.

Cammie - WTG for stopping at 2 bowls and not going any further. So hard to stop right in the middle!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 06:41 AM   #19  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Morning gang! Today is Day 90 for me. 90 days, unbelievable! What a journey so far!

I haven't eaten ANYTHING off plan for 90 days, much less had a binge. And I've lost 39.8 pounds in those 90 days. What a pay off! I'm physically feeling so much better and all my sports have improved dramatically. It's so awesome! I can't wait to be at 180 days, 300 days, 1000 days! How much better will I feel then?

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-10-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 06-10-2008, 07:13 AM   #20  
Keep Chuggin'

Wow - Josephine - YOU"RE DOING GREAT!
If you can do 90 days, I think you can do anything

It;s been said before - but I'll say it again -

you are such an inspiration, girl!!!
Keep it up!
Old 06-10-2008, 07:34 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 232/195/145

Height: 65 inches

I was out of town this past week and went crazy with the food-- and not in a good way. The thing is that I just went home to see my folks, where I have access to a car to go work out; they have a pool. And everytime I go, I eat too much and don't work out. I don't know why.
So today is day 1--again-- for me.

Josephine-- 90 days! That is so inspiring.
Miriam- yay for the ticker! I can't wait to get mine.
Vak- good job on staying on track yesterday. When I write things down, it helps me a lot.
Cammiecam-- good job on stopping at the second bowl.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:12 AM   #22  
}i{ JadynLvr }i{

S/C/G: 175/133/110

Height: 5'2

Oh no.. I've been bad fro a week but its time to get back on track... I just found this site today and am excited..... sometimes u really need support....... Im fully motivated and ready to go!!!!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 01:07 PM   #23  
Young and Pretty NYC Girl

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! Josephine what an accomplishment. I'm hoping to do the same. I have 74 days until my vacation and I really want to focus on not binging during that time. The first step for me was last night coming here and being accountable instead of continuing to eat.

I don't know what's gonna happen WHILE I'm on the cruise... vacations are very hard for me to stay on track. I always feel like I should enjoy myself in every sense of the word and that's always included food, because it' enjoyable, you know? And it's a cruise so you KNOW how that goes. Food EVERYWHERE! I guess I should just get through this 74 days and then worry about the cruise when the time comes. Hopefully all the progress I will have made up until that point will encourage me to not blow all of my hard work on binge eating on the cruise.

I'm quite ashamed of myself honestly. No one else knows about the binges. Maybe my mom, but she didn't really understand when I tried to explain it to her a few months ago, so I've never mentioned it again. And since I live alone it's pretty easy to get into a binge because there is no one there to hide from or tell me to stop. I guess that's why I'm here, I need someone to be accountable to.

I do have a blog that I write to occasionally. I should probably update it with more info like what I ate, my workouts, etc. It can serve as a reference for me if I ever need to go back to it.

Last edited by CammieCam; 06-10-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:33 PM   #24  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

CammieCam -- Shame is definitely a counter productive emotion, so don't get bogged down in that. Would you tell me to be ashamed of myself for having this weakness? Of course not, so don't tell yourself that either. You don't deserve it! I've always been a terrible secret binge eater of the most extreme kind. No one in my family really knows -- and I'm MARRIED! I've told my husband that I have a severely dysfunctional relationship with food which had gotten worse over the past few years, but he doesn't really know or understand the extent of it. So you are not alone, we really understand where you are coming from.

I think it is good for you to plan ahead for a strategy for the cruise -- Plan for Success! Your strategy could be to have ONE singularly wonderful super special dish per day. This dish would be something you wouldn't normally eat during your every day life. That way it will be super special and you will choose it carefully and truly enjoy it. The rest of your meals you would eat healthy, healthy, healthy. Maybe that sort of thing could work for you?

Now, I have to admit that couldn't be my strategy, I am a person of extremes and am ALL or nothing. I have a big trip to California coming up next month and like you, I've been strategizing how to continue to be on plan during this vacation. And I've come to realize I simply HAVE to change my thinking about travel : It's Not About the Food. In the past, travel has meant food, food, food and TONS of it. Just being in an airport triggers me to look for Cinnabon! But I'm just unwilling to believe I can't have a wonderful time without all that junk. I have focused on all the other wonderful aspects of the trip and for food I will be eating as close to normal to my every day life as I can manage. Period. It's just not going to be about the food for me any more.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 06-10-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:48 PM   #25  
Keep Chuggin'

Caris - good luck! You've certainly come to a good place.

Aww Cammie - sorry to hear you're having a rough time. 74 days is an awfully long time to think about. How about focusing on today?
I used to be ashamed of my binging, and I thought that by confessing to someone - I'd somehow feel better. Didn't work. My husband told me - all you need is some willpower. Huh. No comment there.
We all have our weaknesses - areas that are more challenging for us individually. So one of yours is food. I guess that makes you a human being. Darn. I'm talking to myself at the same time here - for a long time I wasn't willing to accept this as a weak spot for me, kind of in denial. But we are ALL human! So there!
And awareness is such a crucial step for success.

Day 24 for me - almost a month. Who wudda thought?
Old 06-10-2008, 03:44 PM   #26  
Walking away the weight

Eeek! I have missed a lot today. Day 4.

Josephine- hello there! Well, DS finished all the cookies before I could even contemplate one for dessert LOL. That is kind a good method for being binge free - put my son in front of all my food choices first 90 days is totally awesome!

Miriam- almost a month is a huge accomplishment. And I love the ticker

Me23- sounds like you did the best you could with the buffet choices.

Vak- sounds like you are off to a good week.

Cammie- I like how you made a quick plan for the cheetos. I find if I remove myself from the downstairs area at a certain point, not binging is a lot easier.

desigirl- welcome back to day one - from experience I can say it is a good place to restart

Well, I was thinking of a power walk after dinner today, but now I notice it will probably be raining. So - dance it will probably be I got a proper sports bra, which is a nice change for me. I guess I can test it out while dancing LOL.

I have been fairly good yesterday and today. I have major PMS and TOM is peeking around the corner, so this week I have accepted that I may loose just a pound.

Okay - I am going to try and sneak headphones on and dance around while DS watches TV.
Old 06-10-2008, 09:21 PM   #27  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Okay I've been MIA from this thread for a while but I'm having a rough day. I've had many many fairly easy days of not wanting to binge but I'm struggling right now. First thing I thought of - pasta with tomato sauce - a very typical binge item for me in the past. So I'm coming here to post instead of walking into the kitchen.
I did discover one of my triggers though - feeling as though someone takes advantage of me. Don't get me wrong I'm a pretty tough say it like it is kind of person but I also feel I'm responsible for those nearest and dearest. Am I really? No of course not but while 90% of the time I don't mind picking up others slack or going above and beyond 10% of the time is pisses me off to an irrational point. I won't go into details too much but my roommate (who is also my best friend and we get along the majority of the time) isn't the most responsible when it comes to housework or HER dog. I think it just boils down to sometimes I want to be the irresponsible one but I can't rely on her to do something as simple as feed my dog, take them on a walk, pet their heads for one day. It seems so petty typing it out but it gets old very quickly.
Woo okay this is a binge forum not a rant and rave forum!! I do feel better now after just typing it out. Here's to keeping food out of my mouth for the rest of the night!!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:41 PM   #28  

Wow Wardhog and Worley - way to go!!

Miriram - what a wonderful thing to figure out. It's the only thing keeping me in check right now - Heather, you are full do not go make something else! I did eat more at dinner then I intended and went slightly over my calories - BUT this doesn't mean I have to blow it completely!

Desigirl - going to see my parents/grandparents is a big trigger for me also. Activities were centered around food and it was comforting. I'm learning that they'll live if I say no to their food. In fact I've started bringing my own healthier and veganized items when I go visit.

Cammie - I've never been on a cruise but have heard the horror stories about the amount of food. However I've also heard about all the great activities on board? What about trying a new activity a day instead of centering it around food?

Okay girls I'm off fighting this food demon has me beat for the day.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:51 PM   #29  
Keep Chuggin'

Heather - good for you for putting your finger on what triggers a binge. I have been so far removed in the past that I would even be aware that I've been binging until I saw the evidence! Being taken advantage of $uck$, I know that one of the things I've had to work on recently is being more assertive and not letting people trample me. I've have to reaffirm to myself that people will still love and accept me - even if I am not a doormat, and maybe especially because I'm not a doormat!
I've been working on statements like this -
"I feel...."
and then:
"I want..."
and then:
"I am willing to...."
example:
"I feel resentful that I am the only one in charge of taking care of the dogs.
I want us to share equal responsibility.
(the next sentence - "I'm willing" - is not always one that needs to be said out loud - sometimes just to yourself)
"I'm willing to be in charge of feeding the dogs, and I'd like you to be in charge of walking them."
Or: "I'm willing to make a chart on the fridge and divide up the days of who is in charge of feeding the dogs"
Or whatever - you get the point?
I myself got to the point of not feeling anything for a while - it was pretty awful - as a defense mechanism not to get hurt.
But what I needed to know for myself is that pain means you're alive!!!

What a monologue! Sorry!

Here's to a binge-free day, and a binge-free life!

Last edited by miriam101; 06-10-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:06 AM   #30  

Thanks Miriam. I'm not sure why I have this problem with those closest to me. If it was someone at work, on the street, etc. I have no problem asserting myself. I guess I worry about hurting people's feelings but they're going to have to get over it! I also think I try to sleep on things so I don't overreact but until I get my sleep - watch out!

Oh well I didn't binge and feel much better for not doing so today.
Closed Thread