Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #76  
Walking away the weight

Day 8! How exciting. If . . . no WHEN I make it through Monday binge-free I get to purchase my small reward!

Miriam - that is a great way to stop your binge! WTG. Potato is a major trigger food for me too.

Tomorrow I Acolyte at church - our church has tons of ritual, so I help with that. So I am hoping I am feeling a bit better tomorrow. I am still not feeling superb today.

Any Father's Day plans for you all?
Old 06-14-2008, 07:11 PM   #77  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I am struggling today. We started the day at IHOP because that's what my husband wanted to do for Father's Day. I had an egg substitute omelet with spinach and mushrooms with a side of fruit. Maybe my old habits are telling me that I missed out on pancakes and I should break out the cookies. I don't know, but it's been a hard one today. Tomorrow there is a food fest at my parents' house. :sigh:

Good going Miriam and Leigh.

Vak, I wouldn't personally call having lunch a binge, but only you can be the judge for yourself. :hugs:
Old 06-14-2008, 07:46 PM   #78  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Miriam I hear you on the potato issue - most certainly a binge trigger for me. All we can do is get back on the wagon and start over right after!

Vak - Personally I don't think skipping meals is good, leads to hunger and easier to binge. But I don't know your personal plan or triggers.

Fathers' Day - I'm going to visit my dad, he lives about an hour away. He's cooking (loves to). Not sure what he's fixing but I always tend to overeat when at either my mom's or dad's. However with being vegan now I'm not sure what will be there for me!
Old 06-14-2008, 09:02 PM   #79  
wallstreet biker

S/C/G: 250/threw away the scale

Height: 5'11''

good evening all. day 4 today was definately a struggle. although i stayed on program, i couldn't keep out of the fridge. i was doing fine until wife and kids left this afternoon for a concert, i was home alone, not good for me. i tried to stay out, took a motorcycle ride, but when i came back i hit the fridge. although i stayed below my point total today, i hate the feeling of just reaching for anything in the fridge and not having any control. times when i am alone are a big struggle for me. thanks for reading my post. have a grerat father's day tomorrow. matt
Old 06-14-2008, 09:28 PM   #80  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been MIA..I've just been very very bad. I gave in to all my cravings and just ate all the food that isnt good for me. But I enjoyed it all very much, lol. I became addicted to ordering pizza, lol. I was enjoying that until my stomach turned on me..and ya, it wasnt pretty, lol. However..with all that bad eating going on..I never stopped walking. My weight is still at the same number..so I havent gained or lost anything. But my clothes feel loser. I had to switch to a smaller bra size. And my fave low rise jeans are becoming a little too low rise now, lol. I can fit into a size L shirt now.

I have a ton of stuff to do before dh gets home. And then we have a ton of stuff to do before we move. So ya..I have stuff to keep me busy until then. But for now..I'm just gonna go back to reading Twilight for the millionth time.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:14 AM   #81  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by WardHog View Post
I am struggling today.
The hard days can be so HARD can't they? I hope you finished out the day ok and woke up released from the struggle and tension since you now have to face a food fest at your parent's house. HANG IN THERE, you've been doing so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Chick B Gone View Post
Fathers' Day - I'm going to visit my dad, he lives about an hour away. He's cooking (loves to). Not sure what he's fixing but I always tend to overeat when at either my mom's or dad's. However with being vegan now I'm not sure what will be there for me!
Ar eyou taking anything so you can eat something healthy and vegan? That worked for me yesterday when my dad grilled meats for a FD BBQ. I even brought myself fresh pineapple to have as a dessert while they all ate cake and ice cream.

Today is Day 95 for me, and while I did have a couple of rough moments yesterday while watching everybody totally pig out, they weren't quite AS rough as they would have been in the past. A good reason to STAY ON PLAN!
Old 06-15-2008, 08:45 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 167/130/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
I'm just gonna go back to reading Twilight for the millionth time.
My friends are absolutely obsessed with Twilight, so that (and your pic) made me smile.

Day 9! ...I've gotta be careful because it's usually the second week when I get tired of staying OP. But not this time!
Old 06-15-2008, 11:51 AM   #83  

Day 6!!! Almost made it a week. I had the "urge" last night and I had some cherries, took a deep breathe and it went away!! Woo Hoo!!!
Old 06-15-2008, 01:31 PM   #84  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda View Post
Day 6!!! Almost made it a week. I had the "urge" last night and I had some cherries, took a deep breathe and it went away!! Woo Hoo!!!
Whoo hoo, congratualtions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongoose
Day 9!
Yee haw, congratulations!
Old 06-15-2008, 02:10 PM   #85  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
My friends are absolutely obsessed with Twilight, so that (and your pic) made me smile.
My friend and I are obsessed with it!!! We are like.."why cant Edward be a real guy?!?!?!" LoL!!! And the funny thing is, we're both married, lol.
Old 06-15-2008, 03:33 PM   #86  
Keep Chuggin'

S/C/G: 166/150/120

Height: 5'1"

WTG mazda!

WTG mongoose!

WTG francie!

WTG matt!

WTG josephone! (wow that 100 is coming fast!!)

hope you weathered everything okay heather

how is today, vak?

how did sunday go, leigh?

day 29 finished for me - perfectly OP but feel AWFUL. I don't know how much longer I can stand this awful, awful feeling
Old 06-15-2008, 05:35 PM   #87  
Walking away the weight

Vak- Hmm - I do not think of lunch as a binge unless you were completely out of control in what you ate. Hard to say

WardHog- it sounds like you made great choices with breakfast! Is there anything more healthy that satisfies your sweet tooth like toast and jelly maybe?

Heather- let us know how you do with your father's cooking.

Matt - I know exactly the feeling you are talking about since I am also on weight watchers. Sometimes I feel like I am eating just to use up my pints even if I am not hungry. (Or, somehow having the extra points gives me permission).

Francie- at least you kept walking!

Quote:
I even brought myself fresh pineapple to have as a dessert while they all ate cake and ice cream.
Josephine- so do they know you are dieting/binge-free eating? Nobody really knows I am on a diet except some very close friends. So I think I would immediately be questioned if I brought my own dessert.

Mongoose- we are on the same day

Mazda- how wonderful that you were able to not binge last night.

Day 9 for me!

Well hope you are enjoying Father's Day! We are heading out to BIL's house soon for our dinner. I am still exhausted after babysitting last night, followed by waking early to Acolyte at church!

I have been doing fine with the plan so far today. And we are having Indian food for dinner because DH and BIL love it, but I don't like it so it is very easy for me to not go crazy with it. Hey - there is a plan I could follow- eating only foods I dislike LOL. Celery for dessert and grits for breakfast
Old 06-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #88  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Josephine- so do they know you are dieting/binge-free eating? Nobody really knows I am on a diet except some very close friends. So I think I would immediately be questioned if I brought my own dessert.
Yeah, my family knows so they didn't care that I brought my own food. I would have had to bring it anyway, because they are completely flummoxed by the idea of "a vegan".

Congrats on Day 9!!! Whoo hoo!
Old 06-15-2008, 06:23 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Hi Everyone,
I've been sick with the flu all weekend but I'm starting to feel a little more human. I almost never get sick and haven't had the flu in a long long time. Then woke up Friday at 3 a.m. suddenly with chills (shivering in 100+ Texas weather - bizzare!), body aching all over, fever, etc. But now the chills and fever are gone and a little body ache and just a little weak. I'm more annoyed than anything because I can't figure out where I got it from. Since working from home six months ago I haven't had a lot of contact with people in the way that would make me an easy candidate for the flu. I've been eating really healthy too, so I would think my immune system would be strong to fight it. I have been stressed out this past week, though, so probably that made me vulnerable.

My eating has been off because of it and I've been eating a little junk food (Ritz crackers, 7-up) but not binging on anything. I haven't been able to exercise at all either. But I know you get over the flu basically by lots of rest and I'm guessing my body was trying to tell me I needed to chill .

Hope everyone else is doing better than I am!

Tam
Old 06-15-2008, 06:33 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 197/185/123-125

Darlene: That's exactly what I'm trying to do right now too - focus on the depression and not on food or my weight, as I know that will cure itself once I get my mood up.
Miriam: I noticed your location says Israel. Whereabouts in Israel are you right now? I was born in Israel and lived there for 9 years but haven't been back in a long time (much to my parents' disappointment ) I take it from your posts that you're trying to be a vegetarian? One thing I miss about Israel is the beautiful fruits and vegetables, especially in the summer.

Tam
Closed Thread