Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 04:32 PM   #106  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I made it through the weekend but it was a bad exercise week all around. My eating wasn't great Sat, Sun, or Mon. But I am back on track today!

My weight is back up to 171 but I will get back down. I got a treadmill on Thursday and I am going to work out on it and my stationary bike for 20 minutes each then do 20 min pilates. I hope to do this all week!

I am also getting back on the water wagon. I normally would drink 80-100 oz per day but slipped last week because of a hectic schedule. and I barely got 40-64 oz each day. Yesterday I was back to my 80 oz and today I am going to get in 100oz.

I hope everyone has a great week!
Old 10-18-2006, 09:10 AM   #107  

Height: 5'5"

HI all! I am not doing so great with the exercise either. I have to get it in in the mornings, otherwise too much other stuff is going on and I get busy. I have had to wait for the gutter people for two days...I guess no one in their office can pick up a phone and call. Because of the weather they have been stuck on the job before mine. They are supposed to be here today, and if can't make it today, and don't call I think I may switch to a different company.

I am taking DS roller skating tonight for a school function, I just hope I have regained more of my ballance from last year

Happpy Wednesday!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:29 PM   #108  
Calorie Counter

I love rollerskating! I haven't been in years, but I want to take my daughter I think she would love it!
Old 10-18-2006, 12:35 PM   #109  
Coldblooded Thread Killa

Height: 5'3"

Hee...I can't rollerskate/rollerblade to save my life. I get too tense because I'm afraid of falling, and that throws off my balance.
Old 10-18-2006, 02:59 PM   #110  

I love to skate too! There are not too many places to go these days, so I look forward to the school outings more than the kiddies do!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:13 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 266/229/150

Height: 5ft7

Hi Girls,

I'm struggling at the moment, and I really could use some encouragement, I was losing 2 pounds a week consistantly until I went on holiday around a month ago, and since I came back I haven't managed to fully motivate myself, and I haven't lost a pound. I'm eating around 1400-1500 cals a day and I am exercising around 300-500 off on a good day, I was doing fine like this before but now I just seem unmotivated, and I'm not losing. I used to say no to things but like today at work I had a donut just because its there, and I have really cut my water intake down. Just feeling down and fed up really. Not looking for advice here just a listening ear and maybe a push to get me moving. I'm not going to give up, but how can I make this more interesting and to hold my attention for more than a couple of months?
Old 10-20-2006, 08:18 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

One of the ways to keep exercise interesting at least-is to learn something new. Take a dance class, a karate class-go play a round of golf-anything that gets your body MOVING. It doesn't have to be jogging or aerobics. All activity is wonderful-and if you are havign a good time and learning something-it is easy to forget that you are burning calories.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:15 PM   #113  

Hello ladies! THings are going well here, Went a little overboard yesterday at lunch, But I felt it for the rest of the day. I didn't even eat dinner that's how full I was. But so far exercise has been good. Have to make it tomorrow before my flight, but things are looking good for that. I am visiting my Aunt and cousin in TX for 4 days with my mom. Eating should be good there, mom is trying to lose weight too, so we will police each other.

The Christmas stress at DH's job seems to be starting already, so who know what it will be like in Dec. He is on vacation this next week, so hopefully he can destress at the gym. Just went grocery shopping and filled the house with good food. We are trying to cut our take-out budget, so I am really going to try not to be so lazy an get dinner made on time.

In case I don't get back in Have a great weekend!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 11:03 PM   #114  
Future Belly Dancer

S/C/G: 234

Default Hi everybody.

Hi everyone,

I have been on this board as a lurker for a long time and I was posting while attempting South Beach. About 3 years ago I had a wonderful success on Atkins. I lost 60 pounds. I gained it all back and then some. It was so darn easy to slip back into my bad binge habits. Atkins and whole/fresh eating is so darn pricey!

Anyways, we are all here for the same reasons. I'm just trying to get healthier. My blood pressure is really high for a girl my age. Well, I finally gave up on dieting and such and went to my Doctor. He perscribed me Phentermine and told me to eat responsibly or I was doomed. So, because of the drug, I have to visit him alot now. He told me to keep a food diary and I am. I have to show it to him to. My Doctor also told me a calorie is a calorie no matter what "plan" one follows...so, I'm counting my calories now... I know that pills are not going to solve my problems and I don't expect it to. I can say that it has helped me in the past week with sugar/binge cravings. I am a sugar junkie. I am also addicted to convienient foods. Why slave over the stove when I can drive through Taco Bell? Oy! In my belly dance class, one of the girls brought in made-from-scratch cup cakes with fudge frosting. Normally I would have eaten two, but I was easily able to decline.

On that note, my excersise "routine" is belly dance. I have always wanted to do it since I was a little girl but I had a very bad freak accident at 11 and wound up having a hip replacement when I was 22. (I am the youngest in my state. ) At 27, I am still recovering from a majority of my time being disabled. Excersise does not come easy, so belly dancing is a big motivation for me and I'm usually able to devote an hour or so 5 days a week. Plus, it is really helping with shaping my body and strengthening my hip/thigh muscles. (Dance posture, Aphil It's brutal for me right now. Burns! )

Since I have been eating sensibly with a way of eating that is comparable to South Beach's later phases, I have lost 6 pounds. A majority of that is water. I had to give up sodium-drenched diet soda because I can't have caffine so I'm peeing a lot with beverages consisting of water and decaf tea.

Other than that, I should not be sitting here and posting! I have to go finish up my invitations for my upcoming nuptials with my fiance.

Have a good day, every one!

-Ally
Old 11-06-2006, 02:20 PM   #115  
Calorie Counter

Hi everyone! I just thought I would check in and say HI! I have done reasonably well over the last couple of weeks, but I did have a night out with the girls But I was prepared for it, I checked out the calories and cut my entree in half so I didn't over eat. I did have a few drinks but all is still good. I have been working out like crazy!

I increased my weekly average from 1450 to 1550 calories and I am still losing 1.5 pounds per week so that is good! I don't feel like I am eating much more but 100 calories is 100 calories.
Old 11-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Hi Ally-you will definitely gain strength in your thighs and back from the dance POSTURE alone!!!! A lot of people really have no idea that we dance in a posture like that-since the costumes cover it up! You will definitely get stronger!!!! Who are you taking lessons with, and in what area are the classes?

Well-it has been a pretty brutal week and a half. Last week on my birthday (30th) my 5 year old was admitted very early in the am for double ear infections, and double pneumonia. The day after he gets released, the baby has vaccinations-and those with kids know the fever/crankiness/not feeling well that they cause-so I literally had two sick boys. Now my husband is on a business trip for the week-and I am taking care of everything and everyone ALONE. I haven't had a chance to get my exercise in much for the past week and a half because of it. Hopefully when Jason returns Friday night I can get back on track in that area.

I am still counting calories, and making up my new class schedule as well-so classes can resume here in a week or two. (coming back from maternity leave from teaching dance.)

I have a performance in December, and in January...so that is my motivation right now!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 12:07 PM   #117  
Calorie Counter

aphil: Poor you and your babies! I hope this week goes by fast for you!
Old 11-07-2006, 01:31 PM   #118  
Future Belly Dancer

S/C/G: 234

"Hi Ally-you will definitely gain strength in your thighs and back from the dance POSTURE alone!!!! A lot of people really have no idea that we dance in a posture like that-since the costumes cover it up! You will definitely get stronger!!!! Who are you taking lessons with, and in what area are the classes? "

My teacher's name is Asyia. She does beginner level classes only and does them Thursday nights for an hour. Her and a few others started a MeetUp group in our area, so when I'm ready to advance, there is another teacher. Plus, we live about an 1 and a half away from Miami and there is always a ton of workshops going on in Miami!

Rachel Brice is coming to Miami in April!

Sorry to hear that your kiddos are sick and I hope they are feeling better.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:36 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 207/207/160

Height: 5'3"

Hello Everyone,

My name is Missie and I'm a married mother of three beautiful girls, ages 14, 11 and 8. I was always small and didn't begin gaining weight until I got married and had children. Ever since then, it seems as though I gain weight simply by looking at food.

I succesfully lost weight 13 years ago, after the birth of my first daughter, by counting calories and grams of fat. I regained the weight when I got pregnant for my second child and have maintained the weight ever since (with the exception of three of four failed attempts at low carb). I have decided to try calorie counting again because I was so successful with it in the past. So far I have lost 8 pounds and am looking to lose 45 more.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:55 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 227/153/135

Hi Missie! *waves*
Closed Thread