Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 06:06 PM   #151  

Height: 5'5"

I'm still here too.. Just been busy with the holidays, and DH took vacation this first week of Jan. I am aiming for a pound a week too.

Fell a little today, but will get back on the horse first thing tomorrow...possibly a trip to the gym in the Am after a car appt
Old 01-04-2007, 07:02 PM   #152  
Biker Chick!

S/C/G: 169/152/145

Height: 5' 5"

I'm here also - and the holidays kicked my butt, diet-wise, also

but I'm still trying

I might try a stint on Lean Cuisines for dinners.

take care!!
Old 01-05-2007, 12:18 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

Oh my goodness, so happy to hear from all my old friends. I know I said more than pound a week, but at my weight, it should be doable. I did not do it today. I'll look for you Friday, and let you know how I'm doing.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:51 PM   #154  

Hi all,

Well I weighted in yesterday morning and I did it, I lost 1.2 lbs my first week , and that is my goal, at least a lb a week.....Now to keep it up and off! I can do this, I know I can!

Just wanted to let you all know!

Take care
Lori
Old 01-10-2007, 08:11 AM   #155  

Lori - that's just great to hear. As for me, I'm still wanting to eat more than be thin and healthy. It's encouraging to hear someone else doing well.

Today is another day.
Elyse
Old 01-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #156  

Elyse~I am in the same boat as you. Trying once again to writ down everything, and hopefully keep my consumption to a minimum.

((hugs)) to all you wonderful ladies!
Old 01-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #157  

Ok then, lets not give up. One thing I know I need is a buddy. Love to be part of a group, and all the energy. I did better yesterday. Had to bring the car in and all I had was my protein shake. What is is that is so satisfying about that thing? I know. High protein, no preparation or cleanup, no choices. (and I was full from what I ate the night before ).

Anyway, easy or not, I didn't indulge while I was waiting for the car, and that's with UNO Chicago Pizza right next door and the Mall a 5 mn walk away. I took a walk to the Vitamin store.

But then I stayed up past my bedtime and ate carbs from the container without even taking a portion.

So back to the pencil and paper today. And I just have to get to bed earlier. That's why its part of my committment, and I've been ignoring it. Its the night that's hardest for me, after DH goes to bed by 9PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:58 AM   #158  
Biker Chick!

congrats Lori!!!! I have confidence you can do a pound a week, also!

Hi Lisi, WTG on resisting the pizza and mall! Hope you can overcome the staying-up-late, if that's what's keeping you from staying on track.

upswife, Hi!! and I love your avatar pic!

keep on keepin' on, ladies!

*amie, HI and HUGS wherever you are!*
Old 01-14-2007, 08:48 PM   #159  

Holly~I love my avie pic too! It is one of a few that don't make me look round!!! lol

Had a good weekend...keeping on track with only a few missteps!

will post more tomorrow... it is the kiddies bed time, and I gotta run.

Night ladies
Old 01-15-2007, 11:45 AM   #160  

Oh boy you guys, I can finally say I'm feeling more hopeful here. After a couple of days out of control, I was ready to start paying attention again on Sat. I have some damage control to do, but I'll be counting today, and avoiding sweets. I think being active while babysitting in GA for 3 days really gave me an advantage I don't have at home. I thought I was eating a lot, but I wasn't - plus as I said I was active with the baby. So I came home thinking that kind of eating was ok NOT.

We are all stocked up on those almost free veggies - and I'll keep the recipies simple or nonexistant.
Elyse
Old 01-18-2007, 02:15 PM   #161  

Hello Ladies!!!

Feeling pretty good for today, and hopefully will be able to hit the gym after DS gets home from school. I missed yesterday because I had to pick him up right after school started...upset tummy. Have accomplished a lot today, Took Ben to the eye dr, cleaned the kitchen, went through financial papers, and got the laundry started.

Eating has been ok, but really need to watch myself over the weekend. Also I need to get my butt in bed earlier...have not gotten to bed before midnight all week.

Have a wonderful Friday ladies!!!!
Old 01-19-2007, 09:32 AM   #162  
Biker Chick!

Hi ladies

well, I still haven't lost anything...but I'm feeling some new muscle strength. So there must be improvement, even if I can't see it! Have been doing well with the exercise, 6X's a week.

Keep on keepin' on!
Old 01-20-2007, 09:50 PM   #163  

Happy Weekend all,
I missed a few days walking this week, and now its so cold and windy. I went over to the little exercise room here for the lst time and used the treadmill. Loved it. Pushed to get the minutes, mileage and calories burned. Boring, though. No tv in front of it and I bounce too much to read once I get going.

There's workout equipment but I don't know where to start. And I have to learn because I just showed some bone loss and have to work on that.

Good to hear from you, Ellen and Holly.
Old 01-27-2007, 07:47 AM   #164  
Biker Chick!

Hello ladies!!

I had a good day yesterday!! Stayed completely on track with eating. that's my main problem, as I've probably told you before...I can do an exercise session no problem, it's staying away from the cookies at work and then trying to do well in evening that's MY huge problem.

Its all in my head. I just have to keep reminding myself that what I want most of all is to feel confident about myself, 'cause that radiates to every other part of my life.

I've been having Lean Cuisines for my dinners - I love the cheese ravioli ones! I'm so sick of chicken, so it's so nice to have pasta. I supplement it with about 1/4 to 1/2 cup more tomato sauce, and have a big big plate of greens (with low calories dressing) and it is so good.

I have never had Lean Cuisnes before - I had always vowed to do my weight loss with 'regular food" - but since I can't control my portions myself, I will use them.

I have gotten so far away from my water consumption! and I know that is so important also. Water, exercise, sensible eating. Sounds so easy

Lisi, Lori, Ellen - keep on keep 'n on!!
Old 01-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Just poppin' in to tell you all I am still alive!

Still pluggin' away-just really busy. Keep it up ladies!
Closed Thread