Old 02-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #1  
love my new muscles!

S/C/G: 231/182/165

Height: 5'7

Default Clothes Shopping

One of the biggest surprises of my weight loss is shopping. I thought that when I lost weight that I would love shoppig and find a million things to wear. The truth is it is a lot harder to shop. When I was larger I could almost wear anything that covered up my body and didnt hug this or that. Now that I have lost weight I am much pickier about how everythig fits and looks. I thought I would share because I still feel its odd that I cant find anything to wear. Does anyone else have this problem? (I have went from a size 22 pants to a 16 and a 22-24 top to an 18 top)
Luv_Losing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:14 PM   #2  
newlifestyle

S/C/G: 250/200/177

Height: 5' 3"

I find the same thing. I thought it was just me. I am glad it is not. I wasn't sure if I was just more self-conscious now.
I went from size 20 to size 14
Newlifestyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:17 PM   #3  

Having been around a size 14/16 for the past few years, I can tell you, there's not a lot out there made for people this size. I mean yes, you might find the actual SIZE, but the outfit isn't really created for that size, it's just been modified. Know what I mean?

I've hated being stuck at the "somewhere between fat and thin" mode (in the eyes of the fashion industry) for so long. I long to be at least a size 10.
SmartButt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 02:17 AM   #4  
No Excuses~Better Choices

S/C/G: 14st 6lb/13st 12lb/10st 5lb

Height: 5'2"

I couldn't agree more. I've only just started on my weight loss plan (again!), but at 190lbs and a size UK18 (not sure what that is in US size?), I can never find anything that fits properly. Yes, I can get the right size clothes for my body, I can fit into the clothes, but they look awful!

I find that most clothes are made of the wrong material for the fuller figure ... so much clothing is made with 'stretch' fabrics ... yes, that's great for comfort, and great if you're skinny, but if you have lumps and bumps it clings to every single one of them!! A bit like squeezing a sausage into its skin!! Other stuff just isn't cut in the right shape for larger women. And it infuriates me when designers seem to think that larger women have arms that are twice as long as anyone else's!! ... Anyone else found that problem? ... You find the perfect outfit ... It actually fits your girth ... but the arms are down to your knees!!! And whilst I'm on the subject, anyone had the problem with the width of trouser legs??? ... My body is fat, but my legs are not ten times the width of the person who wears one or two sizes smaller than me!!!!

Rant over!!
Fat in Hong Kong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 07:57 AM   #5  

Height: 5' 7''

Hmm I know what you guys are saying and to some extent I'm having the same problem - mainly with me its the fact that I don't really know what my style is any more. The clothes I would have worn even in a smaller size don't look 'right' on me anymore. The same with make-up....my face has changed so much that now if I put on makeup like I used to I look really odd. Dunno how to find what I like/suits me...I guess time...
finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 08:23 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I highly recommend browsing second hand stores. You can hang around and try stuff on for hours and nobody minds. Keep in mind the sizes and shapes and brand names and then when you're fully armed, go buy new things.
I've also had some fun on Ebay. I just got a box of 6 things for $30.00, one pair of jeans will have to wait for a few more pounds but the rest is great! For that price, I can wear them a few times (or even just try them to see how I like the shape and fit) and send them to GoodWill.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote