Old 02-03-2014, 11:15 PM   #286  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

Down 2lbs this morning, YAY!
I'm giving myself a mental reassessment. I NEED to lose the weight. It doesn't matter what I think, the scale tells the true story and it's all GOT TO GO.
I really, really need to put an exercise plan in place. My shoulder is healed and I need to stop making excuses for myself. If I get it together, I could be at my goal in 6 months. No use in prolonging it.

diamond_girl - I delayed my weigh in for that reason. I don't eat much salt but the weekend was a bust.

SeeMyFeet - I think you really need to eat more! But I'm no expert.

paulimapi - I've given up on worrying about weekend dinners. I eat super low cal for breakfast and lunch then have whatever I want, within reason. I figure I can't hit over 2500 either way so I'm good with it zig zagging like that. I also have a lot more to lose than you so maybe it'll change once I'm closer to goal.

abbyin - Welcome back!

edoetsch1 - Good job!

Last edited by Paisleymama; 02-04-2014 at 12:08 AM.
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 04:38 AM   #287  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

I am so annoyed with my body. I have been really good all week. My average calories were 1168, yet not only have I not lost a thing, I was actually a pound UP this morning. Ugh! Wednesday is my official weigh-in. I am working tonight so hopefully that will bring it down.

Cals yesterday: 1236
7da: 1168
30da: 1224
Weight lost: 12 lb
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 06:09 AM   #288  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Yesterday I was at 1152 Calories, I started working out at work. They added 3 treadmills, an eliptical and a bicycle. So at lunch I'm doing my workout thing.

Robsia: I hate when that happens.
PaisleyMama: Congrate on the 2 pounds.
diamond_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:25 AM   #289  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

Yesterday's calories were 1129. Did 30 min. on the treadmill. Had a good breakfast of shredded wheat, almond milk and a banana. Trying to start the day off right and hope the rest of the day follows suite. Hope everyone has a great low cal day!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:50 AM   #290  

Paisley - wow, that's great, 2 pounds! I like your idea about eating real low for breakfast and lunch on the weekends. I need to do that because I want to be able to eat our normally on at least Saturday night. I am in such a rut with my M-F meals! But it seems to be working.

Robsia- So frustrating, but again, you know you didn't really gain since you've been eating the right # of calories. It's just a weird body moment.

DiamondGirl - that's awesome that you have a place at work you can work out! You will feel great in the afternoons instead of sleepy!

Scales are so frustrating! I read the book Have your Cake and Skinny Jeans too" and in there the author says never weigh yourself, just have a pair of pants that when they fit you know you are okay. But then other books, like WillPower say that those whose have maintained weight loss (a very low percentage of people ) do weigh themselves every day. So we all have to do what is right for us. I think I'm in the weigh every day category. Because I know when I am in on a gaining spree, (like when I gained over 20 from Jan-May last year), I didn't weigh. I couldn't bear to see it! That was a very unpleasant day when I decided to finally face the scale.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:49 PM   #291  

Height: 5'7''

Hey all. I'm at 1251 today. Feeling tired and stressed over work, I wish I'd gotten home earlier so I could go running to reduce my stress but it was too late me by the time I'd made dinner and spoken to my mum on the phone it was too late and I was too flipping tired.

Weighed in this morning to assess the damage from the weekend, 1.4lb up but it was worth it for such a good weekend and frankly I thought it would be much worse.

Just too tired to think straight right now, early night for me.

K x
NewKate2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 10:41 PM   #292  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
Those were 7 tough pounds for me!

I'm starting to fear another stall--as in morbid dread coupled with hopelessness. My weight before sleep last night was 1.5 lb lower than my weight this morning?!?!?! so I was careful not eat anything past 6pm last night in hopes of a great weigh-in. Ugh.!
I just happened across this article which could explain the scale going up overnight. I try to cut off water at a certain point because some nights I get up every hour to go to the bathroom. But I always weigh less on mornings after that. Anyway, see what you think. Maybe you were dehydrated.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/30/health...?iref=obinsite
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:24 AM   #293  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Oh, I'm not really concerned about the evening versus morning weigh differences, CalCounter. I know salt cycles are irregular and unpredictable and I have a history of swelling due to water retention. Plus I often have a hot bath before bed, so I'm sure that affects the scale. If anything, I need to increase fluids. Anyway, it's just another thing to get frustrated about!

Well thanks for worrying Paisleymama. I decided I've had enough days at 800 calories. I haven't been dropping tonnes of weight at this calorie range anyway. I don't want to get gallstones or gout, plus I've had twinges of leg cramps a couple of times, so up we go! I added an apple/cheese snack tonight to up the cals.

Get some rest NewKate. You probably just have some extra water retention.

Wish I had a gym at work, diamondgirl. Though I would probably be too uncomfortable to work out in front of my coworkers.

1125 cals for Tue.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 05:43 AM   #294  

I did 30 mins of cardio yesterday, I forgot how tired it makes me! I had a post workout nap, drool and all. I crashed hard! Looking at working out 3x a week at the moment just so I don't go all soft once the weight is off. I saw a picture of myself today and hated how I looked, talk about motivating.

Food: 1349
Exercise: 325
Net: 1024

I'm looking down the barrel of a low day at the moment, I'm cool with it.

Robsia - Sorry the scale hasn't budged. It's hard to stick to a plan when you feel it isn't working. When it wasn't moving for me, I focused on health instead and how I felt within myself.

diamond_girl - Thanks! That's awesome they have a gym at work

abbyin - Well done

CalCounter1003 - I hover around 250 cals until dinner on those days and I don't log in what I ate for dinner. I don't pick the meal apart, wondering how many cals are in every bite. I also have 2 little people watching me and I don't want to impact them in a negative way. I eat the same things over and over again. I can't be bothered finding other foods that are low cal. I think my pants can lie. The scale doesn't. I don't weigh every day, maybe once a week. If I weigh every day I nit pick at the small gains and end up disheartened and frustrated. I just can't do it anymore.

NewKate2014 - Sorry you're having a tough day but good job on the cals! I hope tomorrow is better for you

SeeMyFeet - Good job upping your cals! On super low days I can feel my leg muscles tingling. I do have them, maybe twice a week, but I know my body hates it.
Old 02-05-2014, 06:12 AM   #295  

1227 for calories yesterday (had a cup of coffee and the cream put me over) I hope everyone is doing well this am.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:48 PM   #296  

Height: 5'7''

I'm at 1324 for the day. Pushed over by a piece of a kid in my class' birthday cake which was totally not worth it!!
When I got in I did some resistance and core exercises which were hard work!
Feeling much better than yesterday though

SeeMyFeet you were right - I think I just needed a good night's sleep!!

CalCounter I agree - no scales means you can be in denial about what you weigh. I find that only having a number in front of me keeps up my awareness of how I'm doing. I currently weigh myself every other day, it reminds me in the morning what I'm doing and why! If I've gained I push myself to be really low cals that day and if I've lost I feel awesome and it makes me want it even more!

Robsia I hope you get your result at your weigh in!!

Paisley For me I have to exercise to get results in my weight loss. You'll see it drop off you if you get your three sessions in a week! You'll feel less tired as you get into the habit!
NewKate2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:01 PM   #297  

1407 today, but it was stressful and I'm still not happy. Teenagers...
Old 02-05-2014, 11:09 PM   #298  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

2/5: 1794/2000
Got all my water in today
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:51 PM   #299  

Down .9lb this morning. Come on, onederland! I feel like it should be more than the scale says but maybe I'm less bloated or something. Who knows. I'm back in the groove with not craving carbs and sugar now.
983 yesterday. Not interested in food at the moment.

NewKate - Yeah, I need to kick that into gear. More muscle, better metabolism. 3x a week sounds reasonable to me, I was doing 5 but then went away at Christmas and didn't resume.

Diamond_girl & edoetsch1- Good job!

Last edited by Paisleymama; 02-06-2014 at 05:17 AM.
Old 02-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #300  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

Height: 5'2"

1068 Calories for yesterday. That's a bit low but I really didn't feel like eating dinner last night so I just grazed on popcorn and vegies. Not very healthy I'll try to do better today. My weigh in was yesterday and I just stayed the same. I guess that's better than gaining
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote