Old 01-17-2014, 08:31 PM   #151  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalCounter1003 View Post
Paisley, I do the Leslie Sansone DVDs. There's a fitness videos discussion on here where we post the ones we do. I have seven of them, and mix them up although I love the latest one, Walk to the Party Hits. Three miles. I started with just one mile in July and jumped up to three quickly. Now I walk with 2 lb weights on each hand. At first it felt like I wasn't really doing anything because it is very easy but that was ok, because I hadn't done anything in so long. Also if you don't like those, get a FitBit! I love mine!

Today I hit the 155 goal I had, but I've lowered it to 150. Very grateful to all of you on here who are so supportive and express so many of the feelings I have! When I went to update my ticker it already said 155 so I must have updated it wrong last time! Today are my MIL and FIL birthdays so Thai food out and cake at my house after. My DD is making a Pillsbury Funfetti cake. I looked at the box and icing and was shocked at how much one piece is, or 1/8. We use to cans of icing. 767, jeez, it's not worth that! I had her make a cake because normally we buy a fancy cake at a bakery and I thought this would be lower cal. Oh well, I'm going to just go over today but right back tomorrow. Of course last year eating a 1/8 piece would have been the warmup.
congrats on the 155 goal!! I weigh in tomorrow and I'm so hoping to be out of the 170's, I should be ive done really well this week.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:34 PM   #152  
Sherry, Senior Member

I've a had great week and great day today!! I weigh in tomorrow and I'm so hoping to be out of the 170's, i'll post results tomorrow, here are my stats from today:
Fitbit stats:
4,313 steps
1.91 miles
1,648 burned calories
1,086 calories eaten
50 fl oz water

Old 01-17-2014, 09:12 PM   #153  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Day 20: 1,345/1800
I have not weighed myself in 20 days, but can sure tell the difference in the way my clothes are fitting. I used to weigh myself at work, but now that I am not working I may just break down and buy a new scale. I am still to heavy for the one I have here. Or I may just keep chugging along till I surprise myself by being able to weigh in on the one I got. (it starts at 450)
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 09:33 PM   #154  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome MissPriss! Glad to have you!

Yay Skelley!!!

Yay Edoetsch! That's a great feeling when your clothes start getting loose! I think chugging along is a great idea! Keep up the great job!
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:25 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

I think I stayed under or just on yesterday after all. Our plans got foiled so we ended up baking some things up in the oven for dinner.

Calcounter - Thanks for sharing. Congrats on 155!!!
Kaarin - A loss is a loss! Some weeks are slower for me than others, I lost 1lb a week over the holidays and I was happy with that. Try upping your activity a little, it might help.

Munchy - That is hard but it sounds like you're doing a great job. Congrats on the promotion! My daughter loves my exercise bike & my son likes to swing off the handlebars haha. Playing at the park can be serious business. I hadn't tried to do the monkey bars in years & when I did recently, I thought my arms were doing to rip out of their sockets!

Seemyfeet - Umm....are we the same person? Seriously. I was just at my physicians in August giving him a rundown on what was going on & my inability to lose weight. I did weight watchers for 6 months and lost a whopping 6lbs. I did C25K for 3 months along with calorie counting - again, nothing. I was very frustrated and my weight kept increasing. That's when he prescribed me duromine, it had been 3 years of consistent effort with no results. It didn't work for me in the way it does for most people, I never felt the extra energy or the decreased appetite but something gave because the scale started moving again, at a normal pace though, nothing serious. I did stop taking them because I didn't see the point in taking something so strong when I wasn't getting the intended result. I have had problems with my thyroid in the past which caused me to gain a lot and my body grabs at carbs big time. Even though it's within a normal range, it's not normal for me and it makes me feel run down a lot of the time.

I'm somewhere between pear and hourglass I think. I wear a size 14 at the moment. I am an endomorph which also explains a lot. I haven't posted in that group yet but I will go check it out now - ETA, can't find it. Could you possibly link it, please?

misspriss78 - Hi and welcome. You can do it!

Last edited by Paisleymama; 01-18-2014 at 02:32 AM.
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 06:55 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

1566 Calories yesterday, but I also had to shovel snow for 70 minutes (and my back is protesting today) Hopefully I'll be able to use the treadmill today. Also it's my youngest sons birthday party today. Cupcakes in stead of cake make the portion sizing easier
diamond_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:54 AM   #157  
Sherry, Senior Member

Well I weighed in today and guess what? I'm out of the 170's
CW: 169
Old 01-18-2014, 11:22 AM   #158  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Oh Skelley, what a great feeling to be in a new decade! Hope to do that soon. You lost 112 lb MissPriss? Bless. Your. Heart. (Great southern name, BTW!) Start posting on here and show us how it's done!

OK...I gotta say....this is driving me crazy! Do you guys wear paint-on pants? Goodness gracious, I can't be THAT out-of-proportion! There are not many places for me to shop nearby that carry pants that are long enough for me. My current set of "work" pants (black, of course) are from JC Penny and they are size 22W. (Yes, the dreaded "Women's" section! And haute couture fashion, I know!) I'm happy to say they're finally getting loose. If I lose a few more lbs, I'll have to take them in or toss them. Please tell me this is size inflation!

Goodness Paisleymama, I hope you don't have the difficulties I've had! I signed up on this forum a year ahead of you, and look how little I've lost. I've never been a junk food/fast food eater and, true confession (don't hate me), I lost my sweet tooth after having kids, so eliminating categories of food and avoiding sweets is not a problem for me. (I rarely encounter sweets, actually.) AND I DO COUNT EVERYTHING!! (Golly, DH almost lost his head this morning for asking that one!) Hence the very low cal experiment. SOMEthing has got to help get this fat off!

I didn't get my calories as high as planned yesterday (busy work day with no lunch). Average for January about 1060/day, with no beverage alcohol. And I've lost 2.8 lb in 2.5 weeks. I would think this amount of weight loss could be achieved with a 1200-1400 calorie diet.

.....whatever it takes, ladies, whatever it takes....

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 01-18-2014 at 12:39 PM.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #159  

SeeMyFeet. Too funny that your DS almost lost his head. He'll learn that is not something you ask someone trying to lose weight like my DH learned 30 years ago when he had the nerve to ask if I should eat an ice cream cookie sandwich. Surprised we were able to reproduce after that. We still laugh about how I reacted to that question bc it's out of character for me. After that, as I have gone up and down, many times, he has never once questioned what I've eaten at least out loud.

I actually had to google paint on pants. Never heard of them. No chance of me wearing that, still trying to figure out why I am buying jeans with holes in them for DD.

Yay Skelley!!! So great when you go down another digit and it's not the last digit!!

DD left this am to fly back to college this morning always bittersweet. I can't believe I lost about 3 pounds the month she was home!

Have a good weekend everyone! If you do that trick about parking in a far away spot you will burn a few more calories and you will be leaving it for someone else! Might seem like a little but it adds up!
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:04 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Munchy how tall are you? I don't exercise either, I get all my workouts doing house work and yard work, etc. I have about 3 Leslie Sansone DVD's and I just can't do them anymore
I'm only 5 feet tall, so I'm in an upper normal BMI. I could safely lose another 10-15 lbs. I'm definitely not one of those tiny short women and never have been - I'm built more curvy (37-25-37 measurements). I just want to have thinner arms and legs and those are the hardest places for me to lose. My stomach has a lot of definition, but wearing anything with less than a 3/4 sleeve makes me feel self-conscious. Drives me insane!
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #161  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

whoops: I meant DH (I think of him as "Dear Spouse" or "Trophy Husband"), not my Dear Son. As obnoxious as he might be sometimes (teenagers!), I would not take off the laddies head! (TH, on the other hand, has been warned! REPEATEDLY! not to ask any questions about my dietary habits.) Our poor, poor spouses! ha

buying jeans with holes haha...& paint on pants....I was reading this thread over breakfast with the TH, and I explained to him the intricacies of women's pant sizes. When I compared some of my weights/sizes with your weights/sizes he asked: "what do they do, paint them on?" Made me feel better!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 07:58 PM   #162  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Hello again

Thanks for the welcomes

Todays calories are right at 1700. I worked today but managed to get in a 60 min workout afterwards. I did 30 mins of weight lifting and 30 mins of turbo jam

skelley331 - congratulations for seeing the 160's!! Thats fabulous.
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:15 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

Downing my 2nd cup of (black) coffee. Dragging big time today.
Yesterday was fine. I didn't add up all my calories because I am pretty relaxed with the weekends. I tend to eat the same foods all the time anyway so it doesn't make much difference. I had my usual breakfast, green smoothie for lunch and popcorn & a brownie for dinner. Yep, salted movie popcorn. DH and I went to see Wolf of Wall st. I'd say I ended at 1500ish, 200 over my usual goal but fine for an up day.

Diamond_girl - My arms would be killing me!

Seemyfeet - I hear you. I really do. I started in November 2009. The lowest I've gotten since is 180

CalCounter1003 - Sorry to hear your daughter has left again. Gosh, I get sad just thinking about mine going off without me. They really grow so fast.

Munchy - I'm stuck in sleeves, too. And pants. It sucks.

misspriss78 - Great work!
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:18 AM   #164  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Day 21: 1,927/1800
A little over yesterday. Went to Ruby Tuesdays for dinner and although my entree petite sirloin w/ spaghetti squash was only 379cal, those dang freshly warm croutons, and honey mustard dressing got me at the salad bar. Who would have thought the salad bar would be my danger zone! I am quite proud that I was able to control my self by not having a snack later in the night since I was already over calories.
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #165  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Good morning! Yesterday I was over at 1505 calories, but I did over 6000 steps and a TON of housework, so I'm hoping I burned off the extra 300 with that effort.

I was just watching a promotional video on a diet supplement called Leptiburn. It talked about the importance of a hormone called Leptin, which regulates your metabolism. Apparently when we diet our leptin levels get low. This is from a review that I read:

"What’s great about this supplement is that increases the amount of leptin (because your levels plummet while dieting) and makes your body sensitive (respond appropriately) at the same time. Leptiburn promises to keep your body optimized for maximum fat loss throughout the entire weight loss process."

I know my metabolism probably is about as fast as a turtle after years of being overweight and not getting enough exercise. I was wondering if any of you have looked at trying a product like this? I'm always skeptical of anything that claims to be a "magic bullet". Thoughts?
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote