Old 01-19-2014, 02:39 PM   #166  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Had a good weekend. Lost 2.6 lb in two days, which was awesome. My weight had been the same for about 6 days before hand, but two overnight whooshes one after the other were very welcome.

Cals yesterday: 1301
Steps yesterday: 9970 (4.21 miles)
7da: 1324
Average since 1/1/14: 1296
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #167  
Master(de)bater

S/C/G: 308/259/215

Height: 6'4"

Hi all! I may start posting here. I did post in introductions my very first post on this site if you are interested in the background of what got me here

I have been calorie counting since jan 1st... Not a NY resolution, just coincidence that that was the day I stepped on the scale and went WTF?! After my *new* larger pants were getting tighter.

Down 3 lbs this week, despite having a cold, being over calories and nursing a volleyball injury (me vs bleachers) so happy!

This week will be better.

And I broke 300... Yay!

Will post my progress with you guys this week
merstopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 03:52 PM   #168  

Height: 5'7"

Great news on the weight losses Robsia and Merstopher! And anyone else I missed! It's so exciting that everyone is starting out the year losing, even if it is slow!

SeeMyFeet - That makes sense it was your DH! I wouldn't yell at my kids for doing that either! LOL

Kaarin - I don't try any of those types of things, as tempting as they are. It just seems like a few years later they find out there is a problem with them. So I just stay away. Someone in my family got extremely sick from "FenFen", not sure if that's the spelling, about 15 or 20 years ago and that was a lesson to me that there is no shortcut worth it. She did lose, but about 6 months or a year later had lung problems, so scary.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:06 PM   #169  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Oh...I meant to ask how old your daughter is Edoetsch?

We had a birthday boy this week, too, DiamondGirl. Starting to get weepy at the thought of my babies leaving home!

Don't worry about my DH either, calcounter. I'm not a screamer IRL. My head explodes a lot, though.

I agree with CalCounter, Kaarin. I don't know that product and I don't want to look it up and give their website traffic. I would bet money that the product has not been proven to increase leptin levels. Even if it could, increasing leptin levels (by direct injection of the protein into the bloodstream) has been shown to improve weight loss only in rare individuals who are genetically deficient for leptin. I would save my money--spend it on salad (yum!).

I had an out-of-town work meeting yesterday and again had difficulty getting in enough calories to make an Up day. Woke up feeling like crap today. Probably a combination of trying to get sick, major work stress, calories too low, and not enough sleep. Took some medication, had a nap, and got some more calories in. I think it's working--I absolutely cannot afford to get sick.

Gonna have some more juice to feed my groggy brain and my Fourth (!) cup of coffee.

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 01-19-2014 at 11:14 PM.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:06 PM   #170  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post
She just turned 9. Meals at our house can be a little challenging. My daughter is on a VERY low restricted protein diet, and I am trying to eat more healthy proteins. The one bonus is that her diet requires a lot of fruits and vegetables so we always have plenty of them in the house.
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:07 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 169/135/140

Height: 5ft 5.5 in

Wow..I am quite excited to join all you wonderful people.After lurking for 2 months I finally signed up.That took quite a bit of effort cause I am not a tech wizard but here I am.I am very impressed with everyone and their efforts to lose weight.While I lurked I counted calories and kept them to under 1000 every day except a few.My weight dropped from 160 to 145 lb.I am still trying to lose at least 5 more pounds.Three things helped keep me on track and they were whey protein powder,counting calories and drinking lots of water.The whey helped me with the hunger pangs.
apo9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #172  
~Erin~

Day 22: 1218/1800
Tried turkey meatballs tonight for the 1st time and they were delicious! So many foods I am tying and learning I like. I told my DH that I may want to try fish again. I have not had any kind of fish since I was a child. I hated it then, so never tried it again as a adult. Any recommendations on kind and how to cook it?

Robsia & merstopher: Awesome job on your weight loss!

SeeMyFeet: Hope you are starting to feel better! Being sick sucks!

apo9: Welcome to the group! Glad you decided to stop lurking and post The support here is great!
Old 01-20-2014, 08:32 AM   #173  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

I was at 1582 yesterday total snack binge. My weigh in today put me at 157, but I am leary of my non digital scale and I think I'm going to get a digital to be more accurate. My fear is that my scale now is off that when I weigh myself my weight will shoot up and I'll be disappointed and give up. I know, I know, I still lost the original weight, but it will me that I weighed more to start and that I am farther away from my goal then I originally planned. sigh... But this scale now is just bubkiss.
diamond_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 10:04 AM   #174  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMyFeet View Post

I agree with CalCounter, Kaarin. I don't know that product and I don't want to look it up and give their website traffic. I would bet money that the product has not been proven to increase leptin levels. Even if it could, increasing leptin levels (by direct injection of the protein into the bloodstream) has been shown to improve weight loss only in rare individuals who are genetically deficient for leptin. I would save my money--spend it on salad (yum!).

Gonna have some more juice to feed my groggy brain and my Fourth (!) cup of coffee.
Good morning! Thanks for the feedback on the supplement. I think you're right, best to stick to real food! However, I have been doing some research on leptin and leptin resistance and it certainly does make sense to be aware of how it can affect you and your weight loss success. SeeMyFeet, after reading up on it I'm even more convinced that your plateau may be because of too few calories so I think it's smart you're doing the "cycling" thing.
Yesterday started out really well. I didn't get outside for my walk, but went of the treadmill instead, so I did get to over 6000 steps. Still a long ways from 10000! However, when I went to the fridge for a glass of water in the evening I saw a box of chocolate covered almonds that had been in my stocking at Christmas and I swear it called out my name!!! An extra 400 calories I wasn't counting on counting. Oh well, it's gone now and won't tempt me again. Today is going to be GREAT!
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #175  

Height: 5'7''

Hey all,
Haven't posted in a week because I've been so busy with it being my boyfriends birthday. A trip to Edinburgh and three nights of dining out, drinking and partying I really fell off the bandwagon but hey ho ... Monday and I'm right back on it.
I was all ready to go running after work tonight but I've lost my shin sleeves (I get brutal shin splints) so I couldn't go .. turned the place upside down but got so frustrated I gave up looking and decided to do some work stuff instead to calm myself down.

Weetabix breakfast, soup lunch and fish for dinner tonight.

Hope you're all having a great day x
NewKate2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:37 PM   #176  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Yes, Kaarin, metabolism/weight loss is complicated isn't it? I'm trying to avoid the slow-down that has been observed after a few days of caloric restriction. Still trying to figure out the right cycle for me--and my schedule/daily activities keep getting in the way. I'm also increasing fiber. Fiber has proven benefits, that include providing a beneficial environment in the gut that favors those bacteria that can promote weight loss. Bran buds for breakfast!

Here's to a new scale diamond girl!

Fi-nuh-lee got more calories in. 1482 cals yesterday. (Hey, I should have eaten 10 more and started a journey to a new world.) Still at 1000 for the monthly and weekly averages. Weight went up 2lb. Grrrr. I should have another Up day, but I'm scared...my weekly average weight loss plot is flattening. Gosh, I want this weight off sooo bad.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #177  
keep on truckin' momma

S/C/G: 278/255/170

Height: 5'2

Hello everybody

Just checking in with a really good day. 30 minute power walk and my calories are close to 1700 so yay me!

Welcome to everybody new, im a newbie too

Good luck to everybody and have a great day. I will check back in tomorrow with personals
misspriss78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #178  

S/C/G: 321/see ticker/175

Height: 5'3

I measure my food and use the Fat Secret app to calculate my calories and i seem to be eating under 900 calories every single day. i'm not losing any weight either so it's just massively annoying. I eat 4 meals a day with 200g of protein with each meal and lots of vegetables but I don't eat any fruit and snack on just a small handful of nuts. i struggle to get it to 1000 calories though. What am I doing wrong here?
Mission Fat to Fab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:11 PM   #179  
~Erin~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission Fat to Fab View Post
I measure my food and use the Fat Secret app to calculate my calories and i seem to be eating under 900 calories every single day. i'm not losing any weight either so it's just massively annoying. I eat 4 meals a day with 200g of protein with each meal and lots of vegetables but I don't eat any fruit and snack on just a small handful of nuts. i struggle to get it to 1000 calories though. What am I doing wrong here?

what are some of the things you are eating? 200g of protein each meal?
Old 01-20-2014, 08:47 PM   #180  
~Erin~

Day 23: 1435/1800
Today I made pumpkin muffins and OH MY!! They are fabulous! 143 calories each. I have been busy finding recipes on pinterest that I can not wait to try more of! I also broke down and ordered a new scale. Should be here tomorrow Can not wait to see what/if I have lost over these last 3 weeks.