Old 01-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #256  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Another busy day, so another drive-by post. Around 1000 calories, including my coffee w/ half-n-half! Weight loss plots still look good, but I'm feeling the urge to change around my diet. Hmm...I'll have to think about that for February.

What a successful group we are! Way to go, ladies!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:20 PM   #257  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Day 32: 1,698/2000
Yesterday was a great one. Looks like everyone has done amazing this month!!
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:37 PM   #258  

Height: 5'7"

Yes, everyone has done so great this month! I get excited just to log in and read how much people have lost! I am feeling like a cold is coming on, so no exercise today and don't feel like eating much. (who just took over my keyboard and typed that?) Body feels weak so I'm going to bed early and will hopefully be fine in the morning!
Kate - I'm a teacher too and we all hate the observations. So much of, at least in the US, is out of the teacher's control. The observer can ask a student "what is the objective for today's lesson?" and if the student doesn't know, you get marked off. I can say what the "objective for the lesson" is until I'm blue in the face or do a song and dance about it and still a few of the kids won't remember - they don't care what the objective is, they just want to get on with the work and get out of there! Oh well, when I get fed up with all the nonsense I just remind myself that what is most important is what goes on between the four walls between my students and myself. And we have a good time and they learn a lot! Sorry, a little side rant there...

Paisley - I love cooking soups or crock pot meals because like you said it is easy to just scoop it out. I find counting the calories a little difficult. Once I made a huge pot of chili and it was just my own recipe. So I had to add up all the calories of the ingredients and then scoop out how many cups it made... I know there is probably an app for that!

Last day of January is here already tomorrow!!! I think I have lost 3.5 or 4 in January which is shocking since I'm close to goal. I've never been this close to goal and everyone always says the last 10 takes forever, but it's been okay for me.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 09:06 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Was at 1112 for calories today. Tomorrow we go out to eat... I'm going to try to keep the calories low until dinner. Low breakfast and lunch and no snacking, hopefully I won't be to far over tomorrow.

Hugs to everyone! CalCounter, I hope you don't get sick it sucks. BTW, where are you from in FLA? I grew up there (pompano) Went to College at FAU.
diamond_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 02:02 AM   #260  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

I didn't weigh in today, though I wanted to, because I'm sure I've lost a significant amount of weight recently. I have lost inches at the least. I'm wearing a size 10 top AND bottoms. The top is not a forgiving fabric, non stretch. There's no way I could wear it if I was 5lbs heavier. The pants, however, have a bit of give but I'm always larger in bottoms. I'm giving it another couple of days before I check with the scale, I can't bring myself to do it because I'm always convinced it's against me! Plus I'm going to be having a fair amount of salt for dinner so that'll skew things. Calories look good for today, currently drinking down my green smoothie and feeling good. Somebody told me I looked different today, in a good way. I'll take it.

SeeMyFeet - great job! I was thinking the same. You all keep me motivated and I knew once I started regularly checking in, you'd all get me back on track

edoetsch1 - Woohoo! Keep up the great work.

CalCounter1003 - You must feel SO GOOD. Very proud of you Please share some before and afters with us! I really wish there was a way to put recipes online straight into MFP. It'd make my life much easier, that's for sure. I generally make a batch and divide it into 1/4s or 1/3s or whatever, and eat it that way. I can't be bothered measuring out a whole pot! I generally know how many "scoops" are in there once I remove one of the portions, so I know what to take out the next time. I love making chili for myself. I turn it into spaghetti bolognese for the kids & husband and I freeze off the rest to defrost through the week when I can't sub out whatever I make for them.

diamond_girl - Good job! Gosh, how are you not starving hungry? Anything under 1200 and I'm a beast. I do have low days but I'm not the friendliest of people. I am eating super low today, going to the movies tonight & I plan on having salted popcorn for dinner so I'm sitting under 500 cals until then.

Last edited by Paisleymama; 01-31-2014 at 02:03 AM.
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:14 AM   #261  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

Height: 5'4"

Mmmkay, lemme think, yesterday I was pretty good calorie-wise....until dinner! I ate some scrambled eggs with spinach, a handful of cereal, and some strawberries. Still hungry, I nommed on a piece of French bread with butter n' spices. It was amazing but I knew the calories were pretty high up there.

Went to the gym though and burned 530 calories! So maybe that helped cancel it out. Wooohooo.
LilDazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:07 AM   #262  

woohoo lldazed! Burning calories!

OK paisleymama....haven't we had this conversation before? You need to step on that scale, because I'm sure you lost 50 pounds! Size 10??!?!?!? We're about the same height/weight and you're in a TEN?!?!? so depressed

900 cals and starving yesterday...ugh...so far to go (to get into a size ten....bitterbitterbitter) Haha...

jan 31...we all did so well...but the day is not over! I'm gonna give February a good start.
Old 01-31-2014, 10:15 AM   #263  
Harness that energy.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

Height: 5'4"

YEEEEAH! Break out the strawberries, yall! February is on the way!

Last edited by LilDazed; 01-31-2014 at 10:15 AM.
LilDazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 03:52 PM   #264  

Height: 5'7''

SeeMyFeet, Edoetsch you're right- we've all seemed to have had a successful month! Let's add it all up?

CalCounter you are 100% right! it's all about the difference you make over a year, not in the 30minutes you're being observed when both you and the kids feel stressed out!

Paisley way to go!!! Getting into the size 10 is awesome!

I'm gonna have a funny week, my BF is away for a week skiing in France and I've got friends visiting this weekend.
Playing Ultimate Frisbee all day tomorrow with the Scottish Women's team so I'll burn a tonne of calories but I'm not sure how to play it tomorrow night when we've planned a big night out, I want to drink and I'll have banked some calories. Gin and slimline tonic might be an option... I really can't decide what to do! Especially as I'll be with friends from uni!

TGIF!
NewKate2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:37 PM   #265  

oooooooh LilDazed...why, oh why, did you mention STRAWBERRIES!!! I'm hongrry!! and I love strawberries!

7lb down for me this month!
Old 02-01-2014, 04:19 AM   #266  

Height: 5'7''

Morning all! So it's February first and I weighed in for my end of January figures and I've seemed to drop 2 lbs in 2 days... very strange but I'm not complaining!

So that makes me 8lbs down for the month!! (8.4lbs to be exact)
So I beat my original target! Absolutely buzzing this morning

As seemyfeet has started us off lets get adding!

7+8 = 15lbs everyone else add on your January Loss!
NewKate2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:13 AM   #267  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewKate2014 View Post

As seemyfeet has started us off lets get adding!

7+8 = 15lbs everyone else add on your January Loss!
I wasn't sure where I was on 1/1 but finally figured it out on MFP. I started at 157.5 and am now 152.5.

So 15+5=20 lbs for just 3 of us!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:05 AM   #268  

Those were 7 tough pounds for me!

I'm starting to fear another stall--as in morbid dread coupled with hopelessness. My weight before sleep last night was 1.5 lb lower than my weight this morning?!?!?! Not the first time I've experienced this phenomenon. I've been watching my weight loss curves flatten out a bit over the past week, so I was careful not eat anything past 6pm last night in hopes of a great weigh-in. Ugh. Why does this have to be so hard? I swear I'm not a sleep eater! Oh well....keep chugging.... OMAHA !!!

Daily calories: 967. Weekly average: 1081 Monthly average: 1038. I think I'll try cutting a few calories here and there. Good bye half-and half!
Old 02-01-2014, 01:06 PM   #269  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Day 33: 3,470/2000

Yesterday was a HUGE cheat day. Between going out to dinner and a movie. Those drinks sure add up! Was my 1st time being over in 33 days though. Back on track right away this morning. January was a great month and hopefully February will be just as good to us all

My entire loss trough January was 28lbs.
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 09:26 PM   #270  

Quote:
Originally Posted by edoetsch1 View Post
Day 33: 3,470/2000

Yesterday was a HUGE cheat day. Between going out to dinner and a movie. Those drinks sure add up! Was my 1st time being over in 33 days though. Back on track right away this morning. January was a great month and hopefully February will be just as good to us all

My entire loss trough January was 28lbs.
One day over in a month is great. And 28 lbs! Great!

So that's a total of 48 with just four of us so far!