Old 02-27-2014, 01:25 PM   #436  

Height: 5'7''

Having a reasonable day so far... I factored in a couple of biscuits at the end of work because I had to sit through a really boring meeting lol.

So far I've written everything down that I've eaten but I'm really struggling to keep up with it.. garrrghhh
NewKate2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:57 PM   #437  

1360 for the day.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:04 PM   #438  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_girl View Post
I was at 1252 yesterday. I felt like I was just eating junk to get to 1500. I need a healthy alternative.
Perhaps add healthy fats like a bit of avocado or a handful of raw almonds as a snack, or up your intake of whole grains and beans? Not sure what your regular diet looks like though. Just an idea.
Liana

Slightly over my calories yesterday but under the day before, so it all evens out in the end
canadjineh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:29 PM   #439  

S/C/G: 175 / ticker / 125

Height: 5'2"

SeeMyFeet - Sounds great! Now if you could just take the crazy 2-year-old too... Haha, seriously they're awesome, but boy did I not realize how much harder it'd be to have two kids! As far as measurements go, I try to only measure once a month. They change slow enough that I find it kind of depressing to measure every week.

diamond_girl - I usually just measure out enough ice cream to make up the difference if I'm low... Guess that's no help. Probably healthy stuff like nuts or Greek yogurt would be just as good for an evening snack to fill in the gaps, though.

NewKate - Are you using an app or website to track your calories, or just writing in a notebook or something? If you're doing it online, I find having friends makes it a little easier to keep up with entries.

Yesterday was good, around 1830. I just had McDonalds for lunch, so dinner is gonna be kind of meager. Should be on track for calories, though.
BigChiefHoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #440  

Height: 5'7"

Diamond Girl -- I am doing the same as far as trying to add healthy things to get my calories up. I like Kind Bars (I get them at Sams). They are about 200 and don't have a lot of sugar. Also small bags of nuts - I can't be trusted with an open source of nuts.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:23 PM   #441  

2019, about a hundred calories over. I made grilled cheese and homemade tomato soup and thought I was good until I tallied up the calories in the soup. Oops.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:59 PM   #442  
KEEP YOUR HEAD UP

S/C/G: 149/146/115

Height: 5'3

Today was good! 1413 cals
A bagel and coffee for breakfast, low fat steak and rice for lunch, a small bag of cookies as a snack and then chickpeas with kale and olive oil for dinner.
I've been having a really hard time sticking to my calorie goals lately, but this week I've been really good and kept under 1500 all week. Now I just have to keep it up. Also I need to get back to the gym. Since I got my tattoo like 3 weeks ago I've really been slacking, after I couldn't go until it healed. Next week I'm heading back to the gym for sure.
paulimapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 09:50 AM   #443  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

766 cals yesterday from veggies, broiled chicken with avocado sauce and cereal for breakfast. And I had a whoosh, so Hey! I get to move my ticker!

Aw! I'll take the 2yo, too, BigChiefHoHo! I could use the exercise! (just for a day, mind you!) (Second thought...maybe just for an hour or two!)
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 11:17 AM   #444  

S/C/G: 156/133/130

1160 calories for yesterday. I know today will be higher because I stopped at for breakfast . I'll have to really watch it the rest of the day. Anyway, I'm going to the grocery this afternoon so I will buy lots of fruits and vegies and try to behave myself this weekend.

CalCount - I too, can't be trusted with an open source of nuts

SeeMYFeet - Congrats on the Whoosh!

Lot's of Mardi Gras stuff going on this weekend on the Gulf so I don't know if I well be posting much, but I hope everyone has a great weekend!
abbyin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #445  

Cashews.....mmmmm.....haven't had one in such a long time....for good reason!

The whoosh stuck! yay! 890cals yesterday, although it felt like 190! I wasn't too hungry, but it also felt as if I were eating nothing. Finally had some protein at dinner, so that helped.

Apples are my new favorite snack. Unfortunately, I like them with high-calorie, dense cheeses, which my DH won't stop buying. At least he's not bringing home cashews!

....Whoa! I just realized that my weekly average is below 1000cals. oops. More room for protein. And CHEESE!! yay!
Old 03-02-2014, 09:04 AM   #446  

SeeMyFeet - Cashews are my weakness too. I can control myself with any other kind of nuts, but cashews? Too good. Can't have 'em in the house. Congrats on the sticky whoosh!

I've had a couple good days in a row, as far as calories and exercise go, and I got rewarded for it with a nice loss this morning. Yay! Currently eating a very light, very strange breakfast (colby jack cheese and some kalamata olives) to save room for pancakes for lunch. Yum.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #447  

Day 3 of hanging on to the whoosh! I wish I could figure out how to keep the ## from going up.

1278cals yesterday and I felt BLOATED! I was searching through all the stores in town for a space heater yesterday, and I stumbled upon Smooth Move tea at Target. I had a cup in the evening, but that didn't help. Maybe it was the blood oranges? I found those at Target too. I haven't had blood oranges in forever, and I ate two yesterday. Anyway, after increasing the cals and feeling so inflated, I'm just grateful the scale didn't register a 10lb gain--because that's how I felt!

(that little carrot guy sure gets a workout on this forum...look at him...he's still going!!)
Old 03-02-2014, 03:58 PM   #448  

Hey all! So that's my wild weekend over! So much bad stuff crammed into one weekend, lots of booze, pizza, chocolate, pancakes, bacon sandwiches...
I'm not looking forward to facing the scales in the morning... Certainly won't still be at my ticker weight!!
But I'll be back on it tomorrow.
This week I'm gonna stay low on the calories to make up for this weekend and also to save up for next weekend when I've got a big party next Friday night.

I've been thinking about the coming month.. What's everyone's goals?

I think I'm gonna aim for 6lbs.

Also thinking about what I'm gonna give up for lent!!
Old 03-02-2014, 06:34 PM   #449  

Height: 5'7"

Yay SeeMyFeet, getting so close to the 1's!

Oh well NewKate, at least you had a fun weekend!

I had Mexican last night so scale was up two this am, but still under goal. I was trying to figure out lent as well because I feel like I've given up everything already. Was thinking about giving up Facebook, but I really don't spend a lot of time on there anyway. I heard students saying that's what they were doing so that's why I thought of it. Some years I add something instead of giving up something, like call a relative every Sunday, etc.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:17 PM   #450  

I *think* I'm under calories today - around 1850 probably. Dinner was really hard to count, though. Made up some salmon-pasta-sauce concoction and forgot to measure everything as I threw it in the pan. So I guessed, and hopefully I overestimated rather than underestimated.