Old 01-28-2014, 02:57 AM   #241  

Height: 5'7''

paisley no I haven't got a heartrate monitor, that would be a good addition to my kit though. What's a polar watch?

I feel a bit disappointed today, I though I might be 0.5lb down this morning but I was 0.2lb up!! I know numbers aren't everything but it's still disappointing. Just got into work and thought I'd check in with you guys because I'm feeling really stressed! I'm a teacher, currently in my "probationary year" (first year of teaching in Scotland) and I'm being observed by the headteacher this morning. I normally don't feel stressed by the HT but today I do! I think it's because I hope she might offer me a job at the end of the year lol.

Anyway, I'll check in again tonight when hopefully I feel a little less antsy!!

Have a great day all!
NewKate2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 06:35 AM   #242  

S/C/G: 174.2/148.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Good Luck Kate, I'm sure you'll do GREAT!! I was at 1156 for calories, under yay! This weekend is going to be a calorie filled weekend. Night out, birthday cake (again) etc. So my goal is to be low low low for the week to make up for it.
diamond_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:27 AM   #243  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

miscalculated a bit for Sunday. Monday was around 1000cal--high fiber cereal, salads, yogurt, apple&low cal cheese snack. I think I might be seeing a regular pattern to the daily weigh-ins. Wouldn't predictability be nice? I may be losing slowly, but it's taking all the energy I can muster!

Good luck, Kate! It can be unnerving to have someone look over your shoulder. Just show those babies some love! (no matter how old they are!)
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 08:32 AM   #244  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Nailed it! 200 under and worked hard at the gym. Woo! Only questionable food item was a slice of toast with a bit of cinnamon and sugar sprinkled on top...
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 09:49 AM   #245  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Day 30: 1,531/2000
Good luck Kate! You will do just great! Everyone is doing awesome! Reached a NSV today by logging food for 30 days in a row New goal is to log for another 30!
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:48 PM   #246  

My observation went well thanks everyone! And I was good with my calories today even though I was baking! So two achievements today.

diamond nights out are a pain for calorie counting, are you staying off alcohol or are you working it into your plan?
seemyfeet I can't believe how unpredictable my losses are.. Hoping to see a bit more consistency soon!
silver nice one busting the cals at the gym, what sort of training are you doing?
Edoetsch well done with the logging!! I've been logging around 5 days of the week, need to go back to doing the full 7!!

I'm exhausted - off to bed!!

Thanks again for the support everyone!
Old 01-28-2014, 07:57 PM   #247  

No alcohol for me, I hate drinking my calories. LOL I'll be able to drink again once I've lost the weight. Really, those drink calories add up!
Old 01-28-2014, 11:06 PM   #248  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Day 31: 1895/2000
Hope everyone had a great day!
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:38 AM   #249  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

Looks like I'll be at about 1300 cals after dinner. I'm tired and cranky, it's hard to stay within the range at the moment. I feel like I need to eat more to compensate for the lack of sleep but I also don't want to bust my calories. Ugh. I've got to do some food prep but no time so choices are a bit limited. I logged in housework yesterday, out of curiosity, and it's amazing what it actually can add up to! I won't be logging it as real exercise but it was interesting, I've done 3-4hrs worth of continuous, moderate cleaning today so hopefully I can justify hitting 1300 instead of 1200. I'm just soooo tired

NewKate2014 - That's nothing, don't sweat it! You could have peed a little more and lost it Here's a link to the POLAR WATCH I like mine, I know that my burned calories are accurate.

diamond_girl - Well done! Weekends are always a bust for me.

SeeMyFeet - I hope your hard work pays off with a big loss! I know what you mean, it can get exhausting.

Silverfire & edoetsch1- Right on!

Last edited by Paisleymama; 01-29-2014 at 05:43 AM.
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:52 AM   #250  

1083 calories for me last night. I had a late dinner due to the boys having a late drum lesson and me deciding that if I didn't do the 30 minutes on the treadmill right when I got home, I wasn't going to get them done at all. So the calories I had set aside for evening snacks didn't happen.

Paisleymama: I'm sorry your not getting the sleep you need. I hope what ever is causing it ends soon.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 01-29-2014, 08:38 AM   #251  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

ooooo Paisleymama, you're singing my song! I agree, you need to work on sleep. For my Christmas present, DH signed up for housecleaning service. They don't come that often or do that much, but it's been a huge relief and time-saver. You gotta help yourself.

No alcohol for me, either, Diamondgirl! I'm running out of vices.

ooooo bon voyage pizza party today. Will be expensive and annoying. Taking extra salads to work.

Calories right around 930 yesterday. I'm drinking so much coffee--I muchly need to switch from half-and-half to skim milk. Those calories add up fast. I cannot drink it black, and i cannot live without it.

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 01-29-2014 at 08:38 AM.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 10:13 AM   #252  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Nailed it! 200 under, met all my Fitbit goals. It was a good day
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:37 AM   #253  

Morning all, didn't check in last night because I was busy baking a 10th Birthday Cake for my friend's son. It looks pretty cool and I only ate two wee bits of icing to check it tasted ok so that was good.

I jumped on the scale this morning (couldn't resist, I think I need to restrain myself a bit!) and I am down 1 pound! So I'm only 0.6lb away from my mini goal of 7lbs lost in January! Really excited that I might just make it even if I'm maybe a day late!

Diamond I'm off the booze too - I'm finding it easier than I thought but this weekend I'm supposed to be going on a big girls night out so not sure how that's gonna go ..

Paisley That watch looks awesome! I'm gonna look into getting one, thanks for the tip!!

SeeMyFeet Coffee is one of my weaknesses along with tea and I'm exactly the same - can't drink it black but can't give it up! The milk is a killer on the calories. I limit myself to 2 cups a day so I normally have one coffee and one tea.

Time to get busy at work - my 'To Do' list is the length of my arm!!

Have a fab day everyone!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:41 AM   #254  

Hey all, chiming in on the coffee. I use fat free half and half. Its 40 calories a serving. I MUST have coffee in the am.

1242 for calories last night. Not bad, not bad. Just 42 over (ha, the cream in my coffee)

I hope everyone has a good day!.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:12 AM   #255  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

I made up a big batch of carrot and coriander soup today so that'll be in the fridge for the week. I really need to branch out in the soup department, I find it much easier to just have soup & something than think about sides all the time.

Ending today at 1203, a good chunk of which has gone to dark chocolate. I ran out of diet coke and I'm hyperventilating. I have 1-2 cans a day and it sort of gets me through, hence the dark choc consumption. Coffee to others is diet coke to me. In the long run, I plan to cut it out but for now I'm having a tonic & lemon, no gin.

diamond_girl - Great job! I know what you mean, I don't exactly plan on low cal days but wherever they fall is fine, I don't try to change it. Small children and insomnia, it's a match made in ****.

SeeMyFeet - I just don't see it happening, it sucks. I'm all kinds of messed up, as are the kids. I don't know how I ended up with them, I love sleep and so does my husband lol. I have my coffee black for this reason, no way I'm adding sugar or dairy to that! I'd much rather eat something, hehe.

Silverfire - Right on!

Newkate - Yay!!! That's awesome. I can't believe how fast january has gone. I'm sure you'll make your goal You've got this.

Last edited by Paisleymama; 01-30-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote