Old 01-04-2014, 02:14 PM   #46  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Hey all,

Did you change your photo already Kaarin? Welcome JenVitz! Wow, Vancouver Island AND Washington. I love it out there! I'd love to move to Vancouver.

CalCounter....do me a favor and keep up the exercise/walking reminders.

Calories pretty good yesterday. 955cals for the day. 1241cals for the past 34 days. 1163cals for the past 7 days. And a frigid cold front dipping down into most of the US. Get out your electric blankets, folks!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:39 PM   #47  
Master(de)bater

S/C/G: 308/259/215

Height: 6'4"

I am new to 3FC and MFP (I posted in introduction section)

I guess because I am a large guy my MFP daily goal is 2530 cal (based on sedentary with weight loss goal). I started the day I found the app Jan 1... But my day was already done and I had consumed 6894 cal!! The 5 week prediction was not good!

But last 2 days just under my 2530 cal eating wise, and 1000 cal burned in pool/gym

Today 306.5 from 309.5 jan 1! I know some of that will be water but still encouraging, and counting with MFP is really quite easy! I actually (so far) like to try to eat enough healthy food not to get hungry during the day, leaving myself some room for a post-workout evening reward (a supper I enjoy). So not interested in the before bed junk food now (my normal vice) because I don't want to ruin my MFP day!

Oh the beauty of accountability...

Last edited by merstopher; 01-04-2014 at 02:42 PM.
merstopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 03:17 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Hi merstopher! Yes, accountability is good. Also, checking in here helps keeps me focused on my goal. Strength in numbers and all that.
That wicked wine did put me over my calorie goal yesterday - 1365. I am determined to be better today!
I have a question. Does anyone out there have a favourite website for quick and easy diet recipes for dinner? Baked chicken breast, broccoli and cauliflower and salad gets old pretty fast! Hubby and I both work and don't get home usually until closer to 6:00, so I'm looking for something that's easy to through together, but healthy and relatively low calorie count.

Oh, and yes SeeMyFeet, I wanted to put up a more recent pic. The other one was from when I was on 3FC almost 3 years ago.

Last edited by kaarin; 01-04-2014 at 03:19 PM.
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:37 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Welcome to all the new newbies! Hopefully you find this place helpful.

JenVitz- I'm also trying to lose my last 10. I'm finding these much more difficult than the first 45 were.

merstopher- good on you for actually figuring out how much you were eating before starting. I really wish I had the courage to input the amount of food I used to eat, I know it wouldn't have been pretty.

I finished yesterday at 1705. I'm pretty pleased with it because I was tempted to eat more throughout the day but decided against it.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 12:02 AM   #50  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

Hi everyone! I have been back on MFP for about a week, but also need more of a social accountability also so I thought I would hop on in here My calorie goal at this time is 1800 which so far I have been sticking well with. I currently quit my job because I could not physically handle the walking and lifting, so losing this weight is a must for me so I can get back to a job I love.
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:48 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 142.5/136/125

Good Morning,
So far I've been doing pretty good with the calorie counting, not great but good. The kids go back to school Tomorrow so I hope that I can get back on a schedule. My main problem is snacking and not knowing what to eat. I've always been a snacker, a couple of crackers with butter here and a piece of bread there ect...no real meals just lots of snacks.
So my goal for this week will be to cut out the snacking and log everything I eat into my phone.
Lou
Loumomoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #52  

Hey all,

Quick drive-by today for accountability purposes. 886cals yesterday. 1231cals average over 35 days. 1059cals average over 7 days. And it's snowing again!

Yay! I've kept the numbers nice and low. Had a 4 day losing streak (longest ever), followed by a 1lb gain today . Gonna keep plugging.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, all.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:03 PM   #53  

Default Weekends are hard!

I got on the scale this morning and I am down 4 lbs since Thursday, which is great! I know this is a lot of water loss but I am on track for over 5 lbs in my first week. After that I'll be satisfied with 2 lbs per week.
The weekend has been a little tough. Not with food, but that darn wine. You guys are going to think I'm a real heavy drinker but there is no question that I relate a glass of wine with relaxing.
Yesterday was "take down Christmas" day. I worked my butt off packing everything away and then house cleaning. My diet day had been going really well until about 4:00, but then I was done my work and had 2 glasses of wine while reading my book.
My calorie count for the day was almost 1500 I'm hoping that the extra physical activity in the afternoon was enough to cover the extra.
Today I'm going to start a fitness regime. I got an xbox 360 with kinect for Christmas so its time to start using it!
No one has replied with any favourite recipe websites. I found some good recipes right here on 3FC, but would like to explore some more.
Have a great Sunday everyone!
Old 01-05-2014, 12:36 PM   #54  
Master(de)bater

S/C/G: 308/259/215

Height: 6'4"

Ugg.... This is my first Sunday here and using MFP... Sundays will have to be a bit of a "cheat" day for me I guess... Every Sunday I go to my "home group" AA meeting over breakfast (Kaarin I was a very heavy drinker near the end of my drinking days ) and certainly won't be giving that up (the meeting I mean). But I just logged the breakfast food and ate 1500 calories!

I might need a new strategy for next weekend... Maybe order something instead of the buffet.

Problem is I have a date tonight, and we are probably doing the tasting menu at a very nice restaurant... Maybe I will be over my 2500 cal today. Not going to order just a salad on a first date... Didn't Seinfeld do that?

BUT in a few minutes I am going to the gym, maybe I will do an extra half hour of cardio. Might not be enough but can't hurt.

Live and learn, need to plan better next time.

At least there is no question about (no) wine calories for me tonight! . I would have had a lot of problems (read not possible) to stop at two glasses Kaarin, so I consider you lucky for that.

Last edited by merstopher; 01-05-2014 at 12:39 PM.
merstopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:08 PM   #55  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaarin View Post
I got on the scale this morning and I am down 4 lbs since Thursday, which is great! I know this is a lot of water loss but I am on track for over 5 lbs in my first week. After that I'll be satisfied with 2 lbs per week.
The weekend has been a little tough. Not with food, but that darn wine. You guys are going to think I'm a real heavy drinker but there is no question that I relate a glass of wine with relaxing.
Yesterday was "take down Christmas" day. I worked my butt off packing everything away and then house cleaning. My diet day had been going really well until about 4:00, but then I was done my work and had 2 glasses of wine while reading my book.
My calorie count for the day was almost 1500 I'm hoping that the extra physical activity in the afternoon was enough to cover the extra.
Today I'm going to start a fitness regime. I got an xbox 360 with kinect for Christmas so its time to start using it!
No one has replied with any favourite recipe websites. I found some good recipes right here on 3FC, but would like to explore some more.
Have a great Sunday everyone!
Kaarin,
I wonder if you can just plan on allowing yourself a glass of wine each night? I don't know the calories on it but I'm the same with desserts. I must have dessert at night! So I just cut elsewhere to have the dessert each night. If you constantly feel like you are being deprived, you might give up. The best thing to do with the the wine (or anything we feel we must have) is to not do something while enjoying it. Just sit and drink the wine and enjoy it. You know how it is when you watch TV or do something while eating... at least with me ... 10x as much will be gone because you aren't thinking. So drink your wine and thoroughly enjoy it while doing nothing else. It is very hard to do! I've been trying. Normally I'm on my ipad during breakfast or the TV is on. If you are only eating or drinking you will be ready for it to end because we all multi-task so much.

As far as websites, I don't have any good suggestions but what I did was bought a crock pot book called which has lower calorie options. I have found several things in there and on Sundays I make 2 meals in both of my crock pots. Then during the week they are ready to go - just heat them up! It makes it so much easier. It is just DH and I at home now - well, my DD goes back to college in two weeks so then it will just be the two of us. With her here, I can't repeat the meals as much as I do with just us!

Good luck!
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #56  

Hi Sharon,
I'm not giving up. I've done this before so I know how it goes. I'm actually happy with today. Did almost an hour with Kinect games (dancing and an Adventures game) and a 1/2 hour walk with hubby on a beautiful day here on Vancouver Island.
I've got the calorie room for wine, but it's just that often the wine will start cravings for other nibbles, and then I'm screwed!
My plan is to keep the work week "wine free" and then indulge a little on weekends so that I don't feel deprived. It's all about balance, isn't it?
Old 01-05-2014, 10:52 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

Loumomoffour-Snacking was definitely a problem of mind. I felt like I used to snack because I had nothing else to do. I don't have a ton of hobbies or things I do to keep busy so I'd usually turn to food. I used to paint my nails so I couldn't eat and by the time they dried I forgot that that was my plan. I've also found drinking tea helps. I'm putting something in my mouth it's just calorie free and healthy!

kaarin - wine has been a big part of my diet and I'm almost down 50 pounds so if it fits I wouldn't worry about it. I do try and limit myself to one glass so I don't want to snack later. I am a big believer in not excluding things from your diet that you love as I constantly fear I'm just going to have a giant binge later.

merstopher- I hope your date went well and you enjoyed yourself and didn't worry too much about food choices. Buffets are something I avoid now, mainly because I can't get my moneys worth anymore!! Is there anyway you can try and make healthier food choices. Maybe you can go in with a plan and only eat whats on it. Certainly easier said than done.

I'm really excited that over the last week I've lost 1.5 pounds while averaging 1684 calories a day. It makes me really happy that I don't have to sacrafice calories as long as I'm walking at least 50 minutes a day and doing 3- 25 minute cardio sessions a week. I think this should be sustainable. Though I'll be happy losing half that.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 11:19 PM   #58  
~Erin~

S/C/G: see siggy :)

Height: 5'6

1318/1800 calories for today. Stayed under goal which I am happy about. My weakness is late night when everyone else is sleeping and I find myself bored. I know I am hungry its just breaking that habit.
edoetsch1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:26 AM   #59  

1265 calories yesterday. 200 expensive calories from 2 inch cubes of cheese. Average for 36 days 1232calories. Average for 7 days 990 calories. Getting mighty frustrated.....
Old 01-06-2014, 09:12 AM   #60  
heavenleighstar

S/C/G: 332/320/220

Height: 5'4

Hello all im back I think I do better when I come here and account for my calories. Not losing and eating way more calories..sort of like maintenance calories maybe a little less. Just stopping by will post cal intake later.
skinnyki is offline   Reply With Quote