Old 01-02-2014, 10:14 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 223/see ticker/160

Height: 5'4"

Default Returning to finish the job

Hello. I was on 3FC a couple of years ago and lost almost 50 lbs with the IP diet. Unfortunately (as happens so often) a lot of the weight has slowly returned. I have learned a lot about health, nutrition and the right way to it - now I just have to DO it (again). My plan is to count calories, but also focus on lower carbs and more protein - just not as drastic as on the IP diet. My biggest challenge is that I really enjoy relaxing after work with a glass of wine. So, for at least the month of January, NO wine. My daily calorie goal is 1200, though I'm aiming for lower at about 1000.
I came back to 3FC as i found it really helped me keep focused the last time I was on this journey. I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. Have a great day!
kaarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:50 AM   #32  

Default new here

Hi,

I'm new here. Starting calorie counting today. At 600 calories already and it's not even 11am. I almost said "screw it," but didn't. Figure I can have 400 for lunch and 500 for dinner. Trying to stick to 1500 a day. I'm also going to start a modern dance class on sunday to get my exercise in. The class is multiple times a week.
Naomi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #33  

Default hi

Hi Kaarin, what is the IP diet? I can't eat less than 1500 or I feel like I'm starving. I tried 1200, but always end up eating more out of hunger.
Naomi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:27 PM   #34  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Naaomi1 and Kaarin! and HNY !!
(IP is ideal protein--there's a big thread devoted to it here on 3FC)

890 calories yesterday, but probably an overestimate because I fined myself too much for nibbling while cooking! I made The Best pork medallions with mustard sauce and capers yesterday, but limited myself to only one--and lots of veggies. I felt like the family dog...looking at and drooling over the mashed potatoes (I make the BEST mashed potatoes). I wanted to jump on the table. But I stayed strong!

32 day average around 1250. 7 day average 1300. And it's snowing in Chicago.

Love this guy-->

Last edited by SeeMyFeet; 01-03-2014 at 12:35 PM.
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 02:23 PM   #35  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naomi1 View Post
Hi,

I'm new here. Starting calorie counting today. At 600 calories already and it's not even 11am. I almost said "screw it," but didn't. Figure I can have 400 for lunch and 500 for dinner. Trying to stick to 1500 a day. I'm also going to start a modern dance class on sunday to get my exercise in. The class is multiple times a week.
Welcome! I'm glad you didn't give up! Even if you go over 1500 you can still lose!
I was amazed to see that on some days over Christmas holidays I had more than 2000 and when I input it in MFP, it said I would still weigh less in 5 weeks. It's just slower if you eat more, but you will still lose. That sounds great on taking a modern dance class.
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #36  
heavenleighstar

S/C/G: 332/320/220

Height: 5'4

Hello all welcome newcomers!
Struggling to stay within my cal range today been snacking more than normal but I will stay..baked tilapia and green beans for dinner.
skinnyki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 07:14 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 96/83.2/75

Height: 5'7"/170cm

I tried to post yesterday but the computer I was on kept freezing. Looks like we've got a couple new members since then which is awesome. More people=more accountability.

kaarin - good luck with the switch from IP to CC. I've heard great things about IP while you're on it, but I feel it's the same as any low carb diet, once you get off of it the weight seems to come back. I've seen it happen multiple times with my mom. That's why I like CC because it's more of a lifestyle change, something that I'll never get off so I don't have to worry about regaining as long as I stick to it.

Naomi1 - 1500 calories seems like a very reasonable goal. I've lost all my weight between 1550-1650. It's defintiely the slow and steady approach but I've never once been hungry and felt the need to cheat. Though I have gone over more times than I can count just not to the point that I need to binge like I used to when I tried lower calorie diets.

After consulting a couple TDEE calculators I think I'm going to up my goal to anywhere between 1599-1799 as long as I continue to exercise at the same rate that I have been. I've been burning between 2200 and 2350 this week so it's around a 500 calorie deficit. I'll see how it goes for the next little bit, though I only have a week before I go on vacation. I'm hoping that's enough time to see if it works for me.

I was at 1,693 Tuesday, 1792 Wednesday and 1585 yesterday.
Changergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:20 PM   #38  

Hi Naomi1 - always nice to have someone else start the same time as you.
Thanks for the welcome SeeMyFeet, skinnyki and Changergirl. I agree, IP is just too extreme (and expensive) but I did learn a lot about protein vs carbs etc. I am a strong believer that it's NOT fat, but carbs, that is the true evil for healthy weight. Especially the highly processed stuff. Naomi, I also find that if you're eating more carbs, you get hungrier much faster.
I use My Fitness Pal - it's such a great app and easy to use. They have a huge data base of foods. But I think this forum is better for support and accountability.
Today I have 690 calories left for dinner, so I should be good!
Old 01-03-2014, 01:24 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 228/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'8

Hi all, I'm back!
After a holiday season filled with goodies and taking a break I'm ready to get back into the routine and kick those lbs!
I'm not weighing in for a week or two, not sure yet. I know I must have gained some but I want to lose the water weight and get on track before I allow the scale to discourage me.

Logging in breakfast and lunch for now, trying to keep those as healthy as possible until I can get dinners sorted out, it's hard cooking 3 different meals and I've been slipping.

Last edited by Paisleymama; 01-03-2014 at 01:25 AM.
Paisleymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:18 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 142.5/136/125

Good Morning,

I'm a calorie counter that never seems to get past lunch time. I use Mynetdiary on my phone which I like and I'm used to. I also have tried journaling (writing down what I eat and how I'm feeling) but again I don't seem to get past 3pm. I'm hoping that support from this forum will help. I've been trying to lose the same 10 lbs for years. I am a mild binge eater which drives me crazy. I am working on it and it seems to be getting better.
Here's to a full day of tracking my calories, I'm aiming for 1500.

Wishing you all a successful calorie counting day.

Lou
Loumomoffour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:34 PM   #41  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Hey Paisleymamma and welcome Loumomoffour!

Yeah, the mornings are easy. If things fall apart, it's generally during late afternoons/evenings--mostly late evenings for me. The key for me is lists and planning how to keep busy--whether it's work work, house work, knitting/crafts. I just need to plan ahead, getting things together in the morning or late evening. I found these short workout videos on youtube--FitnessBlenders. Some are as short as 10 min. I have them loaded on the TV, and they've helped.

Calories yesterday: 865. 33 day average 1250. 7day average 1227. Yay! And some downward movement on the scale the past few days! Whoopee!
SeeMyFeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:10 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 147/140/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone,
I would love to join this thread if there is still room for other Calorie Counter.
I use MFP to keep track. I am trying to lose my last 15lbs. I am in a challenge to lose 8 lbs in 8 weeks, which should be doable. I am just looking for some support and motivation.
JenVitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #43  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenVitz View Post
Hey everyone,
I would love to join this thread if there is still room for other Calorie Counter.
I use MFP to keep track. I am trying to lose my last 15lbs. I am in a challenge to lose 8 lbs in 8 weeks, which should be doable. I am just looking for some support and motivation.
Welcom JenVitz: Sure anyone can join here! I'm in the same boat as you I'm trying to lose 15lbs I've gained after reaching my goal! I'm great during the day it's evenings that are bad! So welcome! I joined a challenge on Myfitnesspal called Life's New Journey for January 2014, my goal for this one is to lose 1lb a week, more would be a plus but I'm starting out slow.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 10:04 PM   #44  

Hi Loumomofour and JenVitz! I'm just a day in too. Welcome!
Well, it's Friday after one H___ of a day at work. Bad news, I owe my son $20 as I'm having a glass of wine. He bet me that I couldn't go the whole month of January without a glass. Guess he was right (since it's only the 3rd...)
However, good news is I'm still well within my calorie range for today. Had to miss lunch as it was crazy at work, but have eaten raw veggies and dip with the wine while waiting for hubby to get home. Dinner will be healthy and within calories, so I don't feel too guilty.
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Old 01-03-2014, 11:43 PM   #45  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome everyone! Great to see so many people here!
I'm still on break from teaching but we go back Monday. I'll be back more on a routine when that happens, but I've somehow managed to do okay over the break.

There is a nice story here -- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/peg-br..._ref=good-news-- about someone who basically added a lot of walking and a Facebook group to lose and maintain weight. She said she is walking between 20-30,000 steps a day. I thought I was doing good going over 10k a day! This is the first time I've added exercise to my life and I'm just walking more and doing Leslie Sansone DVDs. It really is helping me. If you can just add a few minutes of walking to your day, it will help!
CalCounter1003 is offline   Reply With Quote