Old 04-14-2008, 04:27 PM   #106  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Grammy- You're welcome. I too have come to the conclusion that what I did before I tweaked myself too much was working. I am too eating lean meats, such as chicken, fish and turkey. Beef is too heavy for me. I didn't eat alot of it in my lifetime anyways. I need to include more veggies though. LOL!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 05:11 PM   #107  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Hat
Hello
I know how the kids can be and mine are 17 and 21 lol. They always want something when I am doing something. Every notice, they never want you if you aren't doing something YOU want to do lol. Nice to hear you are staying on your eating plan. Once you get use to eating right, it is pretty easy isn't it

If you go to user cp on the top left of the screen and then to list subscriptions ( I have this page saved in my favorites ) you can see the threads you chat in. Never lose them that way unless the thread is changed. When ever you post in a thread, it is added to your list substitutions.

oolon
Glad to hear it wasn't hard to pretty much stay on plan. Nothing wrong with a little treat here and there. I really think weighing oneself after going somewhere or doing something isn't a good idea. Weight fluctuates so much going up could have nothing to do with a special weekend or a night out. Is the reason I only do a weigh in every couple of weeks.

Tinky
Being down a lb after tom is pretty darn good lol. I make sure I never do a weigh in at least 3 days before my dot time nor at least 3 days after. I just puff up to much during that time lol. I planned my meals last night for today. After putting in everything I needed to fill the required amounts of the four basic food groups ( I don't pick foods for calories and such at first, I pick what I like to eat and that fill the food groups ) I only had 777 calories lol. I really had to change somethings I had planned for the day to get more calories in lol. Sodium is the one thing I have to watch again. I get all puffy if I have to much sodium. I break up the 3 meals of the day into 6 meals. There isn't that much time in between when I eat so I don't have time to get very hungry. I think that helps

I eat lean meats such as chicken ( not all chicken is created equal, look at the packages, the kind I eat has 1 gram of fat for 4 oz ), turkey ( same goes here too ) fish ( love wild salmon and Tilapia ) and I do eat pork tenderloin ( very low in fat ) and beef tenderloin ( very low in fat ). I am not much of a meat eater so I have to make sure I get 5 to 8 oz in a day. Of course 2 dairy, 2 fruit, 3 veggie and between 3 and 6 bread/cereal a day.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 04-14-2008 at 11:43 PM.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:33 PM   #108  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

Irish~ Money always stresses me out too! I hope it all works out with your car! Do try again for CI too! I think all successful artists get turned down in their careers, but they keep at it. Not giving up is key!

Grammy~I don't think plain yogurt is bad. I think a lot of what nutritionists tell us is wrong. The people that live the longest and healthiest eat different diets (I'm talking those in the Mediterranean, Japanese, and 7th day adventists.) In the Mediterranean they eat approx 40% fat (from good sources), they eat amazing amounts of yogurt, and eat lots of fish and lean meats. The Japanese in Okinawa eat lots of fish and soy. The 7th Day Adventists in Loma Linda, CA are vegetarian. Basically what I'm saying is that certain "rules" should be ignored. I don't freak if my fat is a bit high, I eat lots of fish and yogurt, I eat soy, and I love vegetarian food. Some nutritionist somewhere will tell you that these things are bad for you. I say use common sense and as much eat real food (not heavily processed) as possible. Oh and eat your veggies. I hope I don't sound preachy, this is just how I think.

I hope everyone had a good Monday!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 11:42 PM   #109  
Rennie

zenor
I think the problem with most yogurts is that they are processed so we don't get the enzymes in them that should be there. If we make it home made we get things that just aren't in most of the store bought kinds.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:32 AM   #110  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
zenor
I think the problem with most yogurts is that they are processed so we don't get the enzymes in them that should be there. If we make it home made we get things that just aren't in most of the store bought kinds.
Funny you should say that. I make mine own yogurt at home. I'm kinda crazy with what I make myself. I even tried my hand at homemade corn tortillas because I found a tortilla press at a yard sale for cheap. Homemade is always better if you have the time and inclination.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:57 AM   #111  
Rennie

zenor
I remember when I tryed to make butter. It came out ok but darn it was a lot of work and took forever. I think I will buy the stuff lol.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:10 AM   #112  
Back to make it to goal!

Good Morning- Happy Tuesday. I ate pretty well within calorie limits yesterday. I am pleased with myself. I also limited myself to 1 cup of spaghetti for dinner, I mixed in some veggies and tuna. It was so good and filling!!

Shy- We're in the same boat, salt puffs me up too. I really try to cut it out of my diet as much and get my minimal requirement, but that can be hard at times. LOL!!! You're right about the deflate after TOM, I've been going to the bathroom so much. I'm glad that extra bloat is going away.

Zenor- Preach on! LOL! I do agree with you though, it works go for it. It's funny you mentioned Loma Linda, when we lived by that area for a couple of areas, I worked at a boarding home for the elderly whom were all seventh day, and had a couple of friends who were SDA, I found alot of uses for Grapenut cereal. They also have their own veggie products too, which I thought was pretty cool.

I tried making butter too, and by the time it got finished I didn't want any. I was too tired to eat it. I also heard it makes a great hair moisturizer by some of my co-workers. Though I have never tried that, since my hair is usually soft anyways.

Well have a great day everyone!
Old 04-15-2008, 10:15 AM   #113  
Rennie

Tinky
There are some things worth putting hard work into, raising kids. There are somethings NOT worth putting hard work into, making butter lol.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:53 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

LOL on the butter. It brought back the memory of making it in school when I was in the 1st grade. Then we got to try it on crackers. It was really neat. It is a lot of work.

Have to make this quick because my bosses new boss is coming in a few minutes to meet with him.

Zenor and Tinky I have to agree with the variety. No one knows for sure what really works but I vote variety.

I have heard that homemade yogurt is much creamer and tastier than the store bought. I may have to look into how you do this.

Tinky and Shy ~ I do my best to make sure I keep my sodium intake low. I buy no or low sodium as much as possible. That is one of the first places my eyes go when looking at a label.

Zenor I make my own flour tortillas but never learned to make the corn. My DH is Mexican and his family said its easier to buy them than make them. LOL!

Well I am off and I will talk to you all tomorrow. Busy time of year here with the end of the semester fast approaching. That is good and bad. Bad because its so much work and the students leave but good because summer is here and things slow down a tad plus vacation. WHOHOO!
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:27 PM   #115  
Rennie

Here is a pic of my latest hook rug

Last edited by Shy Moment; 04-29-2008 at 07:58 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 02:54 AM   #116  

Grammy~I've made flour tortillas too and the corn seem easier to me. I think it's the fact that you press them and you don't roll them out with a rolling pin. Plus, they only have 2 ingredients (masa harina and warm water.) They are so yummy. How are you doing with educating your DH about carbs? I hope he starts to feel better!

Shy~I remember making butter in preschool. They passed around the jar and everyone had to shake it. I think it might be easier if you had a churn, but honestly, I don't think I'd make my own butter unless I had a cow to get the cream from. Now that would definitely be too much work! Your hook rug looks great!

Tinky~There seems to be a large SDA group here in E'burg. I see the Loma Linda canned products in all the stores. I think this area of WA is very interesting in that it's very religiously diverse. Along with large groups of the more mainstream denominations there is also a Zen group and an enclave of German Baptists. It fascinates me. Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent...

DH gets back from NY tomorrow. YAY! Hopefully we hear soon about a job, so I can quit being stressed and over eating! I haven't gone too crazy, but I know I've been snacking too much.

Oh, and get this, DH had to fly into Canada to get to the town in upstate NY and the airline lost his bag. They still haven't found it. So he may have to come back with no idea where his bag is. It's a brand new piece of luggage too. I hope they find it and get it back to us.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:02 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

Zenor: I will have a look around for you dh's luggage lol.

SHY: thats beautiful!!!!

well we haven't heard anything on the car yet got it towed down the day before yesterday buy CAA decided to lock the doors so my poor uncle pete had to call someone to break into my car last night I lost 2 of the 4 lbs I gained on my bad weekend hoping to drop the other 2 by tomorrow. DH now has a ride to work for the rest of the week and with gas prices being at 1.18 a Litre (your guys works out to 91 cents a litre average in the states) I am kin do fglad I dont' have the car this week thought its supposed to go up to 1.30 my mom took me out for a pick me up last night and bought me a new shirt and 2 new pairs of pants in smaller sizes (they were on sale) so I ahve a pair of 14's and a pair of 12's the 14's almost fit its wierd how different jeans can be I have a pair of 13's that fit and a pair of 16's that are too small I am feeling a little less stressed today and am kind of looking forward to my trip to toronto to pick up my car..I like going down there. I am praying its my pump and not my engine though. well hope everyone is doing good I will send the link when I get my video up for CI and you can all comment on how good I sound BAHAHA lol
irishfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #118  
Back to make it to goal!

Hey Everyone!! Happy Hump Day!

Well I didn't do too terrible yesterday. I had shrimp tacos for dinner, they were grilled, and not deep fried. Next time though, I will get it with beans and not rice, for some added fiber.
DF bought me a jump rope, to add to my exercise routine. I can't wait to use it.

GrammyL & Shy- The last time I made butter, was when I was helping my co-workers. They got tired of shaking, so I had to help shake the jar. LOL! I guess in Ethiopia this is a common practice for silky, and soft hair.

GrammyL- Sodium is a killer....it's so scary how much of it, ends in food!

Zenor- Man that sucks that your DH luggage got lost. Sadly it's getting a little too common. The canned products haven't made their way to Seattle, yet, I don't think. I do remember making so many meals for my ladies at the boarding home though. It was definitely a new and fun experience.

Shy- Beautiful rug!!! I wish I knew how to hook!

Irish- I will cross my fingers and hope that it's an easy fix!

Variety is the spice of life.

I am so sleepy..today. I may need to get some coffee, I am trying not to rely and drink it so much, but I just love the aroma! LOL!

Well have a great day everyone!!!!
Old 04-16-2008, 10:32 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

tinky we are the exact same weight now lol
irishfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:06 PM   #120  
Back to make it to goal!

Irish- Girl, and I can only hope that it doesn't go up....LOL! That's too funny!!! I am starting back on my workouts so hopefully things are gonna shrink.