Old 04-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #151  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

LynneA~Don't give up! A weekend of eating off plan probably isn't going to cause you to gain 3 lbs of fat, I'll bet you're retaining water. Give it a few days and you should be back down. You'd have to eat 10,500 calories over what you need to maintain to gain 3 lbs back. I know it's frustrating when you don't see results as fast as you'd like, but get back in there and keep going! You can do this!

GrammyL~The hospital that you FIL is at is strange. All the hospitals around here frown upon other people bringing you food. They want to feed you and know what you are eating. Especially when you have special diet requirements like being diabetic. That is outrageous!
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 03:58 PM   #152  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/130

Height: 5'1"

Shy ~ I could add some grains but it will really hinder the weight loss. The program is based on food combinations, eating often and of course, they won't admit it but its low cal but you eat so often you don't realize it. If you stray from the lists of foods they give you it will either slow or stop your weight loss. It can be a bummer because there are no flour products. Now even there, there are exception like brown rice pasta and you can use yarrow root as a gravey thickener. They do warn to pay attention to what it does to your weight. I am lucky because I can eat it but I make sure I measure. I also experimented with the other alternatives out their of low glycemic pasta and I still lose using them. Bread and tortillas, not so lucky. This program works like a dream if you can stay with it. My problem is pizza cravings.

Zenor ~ You are right, that does sound odd but really its just because my FIL is in such bad shape. The only time they restrict what he eats is if his potassium gets to high, then they limit potassium rich foods but other than that they let him have what he wants. The way the doctor looks at it is its to late now the damage is done and there is no reversing what has been done. He said let him enjoy the one thing he can do. His life is hanging by a thread and has been for the past 3 or 4 years. Heck when I was pg for my youngest, she is now 17 and will be 18 in October, they gave him a year to live. That is how bad of shape his body is in but he was at least mobile until the massive stroke about 3 or 4 years ago. Now, he has no quality of life and it is hard to see such an active man just lay there unable to carry on a conversation.

Lynne ~ I agree with Zenor. I am not sure what you ate but if there were lots of carbs and salt involved, its water. It should correct itself in a couple of days. Also remember, working out will cause your body to weigh a little more. Energy is stored in the muscle and unfortunately its stored in liquid form.

Well, lucky me, its time to go home.
GrammyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2008, 09:17 PM   #153  

S/C/G: 221/see ticker/130

Height: 5"2

well here I sit..dying my hair lol. I think I may have an addiction!!!! I decided today that I have been avoiding my natural colour so long because I think blond made me look fat....I know thats weird but I felt I was too fat to be blond. I decided I am dying as close to my natural colour as I can...I am kind of guessing since I am not sure what it is anymore.... we will all see how it turns out in about 2 hours :O I go get my car tomorrow YAY. but this walking thing has been great I love walking and it has made DH walk and he hates it lol. I am one lb from losing that pesky 4 lbs I gained on my Idol weekend man I am never doing that again...TOM is over today so we will see if that makes a difference. I walked to by my hair dye today 3 and a half miles well I am off to check my hair
irishfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 10:20 AM   #154  

well I did it and...I really like it I have taken some full body shots well had my hubby take some so you can see a better current picture I am going to get my car tonight, hubby is home for the day, I feel awesome today and I love my new hair.. its gonna be a GOOD DAY!!!!

Old 04-22-2008, 11:22 AM   #155  

Irish ~ You must have a really nice skin tone to be able to change your hair color so dramatically and look so good. When my hair was dark it washed me out and now that I had it high lighted I have good color. You, you had good color either way. You are looking fantastic!

I am down a 1/2 lb today but at least its progress. I don't know why but I always retain water when I drink tea and DD and her BF bought me a big ice tea from McDonald's last night. How could I say no, so I drank it. I love tea and it loves me to because it likes to hang out in my hands and feet. LOL!

I stuck to my plan yesterday and what I listed is exactly what I ate. I really miss hummus and laughing cow cheese but I will get over it and I can have it on occasion.

Todays menu:

B - 2 oz turkey sloppy joe (its made according to my program so low cal/low sodium/low fat), 1/2 c. brown rice
S - 2 oz turkey sausage (recipe from program, very yummy), apple
L - 2 oz turkey sloppy joe, 1/2 c. brown rice, cucumber
S - 2 oz turkey sloppy joe, orange
D - 1 turkey brat (leftover) cut into disk, 1/2 c. pasta (low glycemic impact), 1/4 c. spaghetti sauce, roman lettuce salad w/homemade Italian dressing

I don't know if I will have a snack tonight, I will see how hungry I am. I ate the snack last night because I was hungry after going for a couple walks, driving my pony and cleaning house. I slept like a rock last night.

I never told you all our weekend excitements with our house. LOL! Friday the septic tank backed up into the house, thank goodness it was just water but still its gross. So we had to have that pumped and clean everything. Then on Friday night I woke up, like normal when the water softener decided to do its cycle. Normally, I don't even wake up all the way but something was different, didn't sound right. DH had worked on the dryer earlier that day and didn't notice that he bumped the hose out of they drain. So, the water softener was draining on the floor. By the time I noticed it had flooded from about 1 ft into our bedroom, junk room (bedroom LOL!) and all the way to the kitchen. So at 2:00 am I had the carpet cleaner out sucking up all the water. What fun that was and my GS was not in a good mood and Papa had to hold him because he doesn't care for vacuum type things. I have been working on it with him but still afraid unless he is holding the handle. DH said, I was wondering if it would clean vinyl flooring. I said and what a way to find out.

I went to a meeting today and ended up getting up and leaving. My GF down the hall and I went to it and it was supposed to be about our student/accounting system but they were going into details we didn't feel like listening to so we left. I knew it was time when the guys lips were moving but I wasn't hearing a word he said. LOL!

Well I better get going and I will check back in a while.
Old 04-22-2008, 12:31 PM   #156  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

Good Morning everyone! Man it feels like I haven't been on here for a while.
I really wish I could log on here from home. That irritates me. I took yesterday off to regroup myself. My body finally gave in, and wanted rest. I will try to catch up on here.

Irish & Oolong- Congrats on your losses! How wonderful!

Irish- Yay you're getting your car back, that is very exciting news! I also love your hair! It's very cute and fresh! I haven't decided on what I am going to do my hair, if anything at all. LOL! Maybe I will wait till we go down to Cali for DF's cousin's wedding.

Zenor- Wow you have to wait another couple of weeks! That really sucks! Hang in there!

GrammyL- What was the name of your plan again? I remember hearing about it, but totally forgot the name. Man, it sounds like you had a real exciting weekend, with your house stuff! Prayers to your FIL, but how terrible that the hospital neglected to give him food. I would think they would pay close attention to that since he is a diabetic. Poor guy!

I am avoiding the scale at all costs until the end of the month, I haven't been too good over the weekend. I am back on track today again. I wish I could take this whole week off. LOL!

Well have a great day everyone, I will be back later to check on everything!
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 12:40 PM   #157  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Grammy
Oh what a mess. I bet it took all day to clean all that up lol.

irish
Love the pics. You have about the same color hair as I have lol. You look terrific.

My real problem tends to be eating enough to get all the bread/cereal group in. My gosh sometimes I am tired of eating lol. If anyone had told me just eating those required amounts of the four basic food groups each day. Would melt the weight off me I would have thought they were crazy lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 02:24 PM   #158  

Tinky ~ Its called the 6 week body makeover. It really works well if you are able to stick with it. I only have a slight problem with the program and its not the program its me. When I go out to eat, I always like to order things that are unique that I can't make at home. Well that is hard to do when you are limited on the types of carbs, no cheese, no beans and preferably low sodium/fat. Say, Pizza, off limits or Mexican food, you can have it but with no shell, sauces or beans. I used to order a fajita (high is sodium is the down side) and just eat the filling and the spanish rice. It is possible to do it the program eating out but where is the excitement? Most restaurants are accommodating, you just have to order properly. I can go to just about any restaurant and get an acceptable meal for my program but it may not be exciting. Most places have baked potatoes, I get it naked (because of the shock of calling it naked you always get it that way LOL!) and I usually ask for a few slices of lemon to squeeze on it. Most places also have some type of baked or grilled chicken breast. Still more calories and sodium than you would get at home but its OK.

Glad you got some down time Tinky, you really needed it.

Shy ~ No it really wasn't that bad to clean up, it was just the timing. 2:00 am is not a time I want to be up sucking up water. LOL! I am easy going about things going wrong now because of so much going wrong in my life or should I say I try to be easy going.

Well I need to get some work done.
Old 04-22-2008, 04:03 PM   #159  
Rennie

Grammy
I am the same way. I just take things in stride. Really don't let much rile me up. We had rains one year and my house ( main part built in 1900 ) had those old ceramic tile walls. All of a sudden we sprung leaks out of the walls. One two 12 lol. I didn't have enough little Dutch boys around to plug them up. We had to have a whole new wall put in. Was cool to watch. That wasn't the bad part. The den is built on a slab. There is a patio outside of the den and the people that owned it before us had used logs and blocked in the patio ( I have no idea why ) WELL when the rains hit those logs made my patio a swimming pool with 10 inches of water and that water ran under the wall and into my den. You should have seen me 1 am with the steam cleaner ( just like you ) sucking up water trying to save my wood desks lol.
Old 04-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #160  
Back to make it to goal!

Location: Seattle, but an Original CA girl! I miss the sunny days!

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/140-135?

Height: 5'3

GrammyL- yeah I have heard of it!!! I've seen infomericals and read about it! I was going to get it at one time, but knew no one around me who has tried it. LOL! Yes I needed that day off, but I could use more. I'll take what I can. We have weddings, and vacations to attend this summer, so this will be something nice to look forward to.

Shy- I kinda like when I get too tired to eat, but sometimes I am way below range, but I heard it is nice to zig zag here and there.

Today has been a nice day at work, it was nice to know my residents were worried and missed me. LOL My co-workers too, I can't forget about them. LOL!

Wooohoo, I got one more hour! And then I'm outta here.
Tinky009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 02:28 AM   #161  
Rennie

Tinky
I think the reason I haven't seen as much wait loss lately as I was always seeing is because I was not getting enough calories in. I am back on track and making sure I get my calories in. I am not going to fix what wasn't broken lol.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:35 AM   #162  

Man...I am bouncing between 174 and 176 back and forth and don't seem to be getting anywhere I think I need to start buckling down I have been a little screwed up on my eating. I want to be my goal by at least october so I can wear a kick *** halloween costume this year but I really am hoping I am within 5-6lbs by august because I want to go shopping for clothes at this big exhibition we have in toronto it has little outlets such as stitches, suzy shier, bluenotes and lots more. the clothes are usually buy one get 2 free at stitiches and everything is priced no higher then 15-20 dollars most stuff is 5 or 10. its jeans, shirts, sweaters, bras, underwear etc. problem is its mostly medium and small with some large. I only bought 3 things last year because that was all the XL stuff they had and it still didn't fit but I bought it anyways (there is no change rooms to try on stuff) I am hoping to be able to spend LOTS of money this year buying clothes...I really need to buckle down if I am losing 45lbs in 4 months!!!! I need to start putting different motivations around my house right now I have idol signs all over my house but since thats over I need a different motivator. TBL on here is going to help me because I hate letting a team down so knowing my weight loss is important to a team will really help me push harder...plus I really want to win lol.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:43 AM   #163  

Tinky ~ The program does work great but if you don't like structure then it won't work. There are also sacrifices that I don't like but I guess if I want to lose I have to make them. The hard things for me are dairy, bread, tortillas, pizza, beans (some people can but I am not one of them) and soy products. If you like structure, are willing to give some things up, it works great. There is actually a group here at 3FC but I don't know how active they are and you can go to provida.com and go to the chat forums. If you work the program how it was designed it works and you don't have to kill yourself exercising. I have several friends that lost all the weight and never even exercised but the regret they had was they were flabby because they didn't develop their muscle tone.

Shy ~ That would have riled me up initially but then I would say OH WELL, what can I do except clean it up and try to prevent it in the future. I guess the one thing that can really get me going is my ODD but other than that I am laid back. She is a wort on my rear end to say the least.

I was so happy when I got on the scale this morning. LOOK AT MY AVI'S. WHOHOO. I think its a combination of TOM getting ready to leave, activity and following my program. Down 3 lbs since Monday.

Last night my DD, her BF and I went shopping. I found a pair of jean 3/4 length pants that are perfect in length and size. I never find that because I am so short. I have had 2 compliments on them so far this morning. DD got the same pair and we didn't realize it until we went to check out and I told her don't even think I am giving mine up and she said don't think I am. So we have the same pants. Her BF said at least they are different sizes so you can tell them apart. I said I don't do her laundry anyway. LOL! I know he didn't mean it the way I took it but my DD wheres a 24 and I wear a 14 and I thought it was almost a rude comment. He loves her the way she is but I am very self-conscious that I am so much smaller than DD because I feel like I am responsible for her weight problem because I taught both my girls bad eating habits but I guess they can change just like I did if they wanted to.

Well I better get going for now and I will talk to you all later.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:54 AM   #164  

Irish ~ If that is what it takes is joining a challenge than do it. Challenges initially start out great for me but they need to be like 4 week challenges. Anything longer than that and I lose my enthusiasm. I think your right at saying your Idol goal is over and now you need to find another. The shopping trip is a good motivator.

What really got me going this weekend is when I saw a 180 on the scale at one point. That got me motivated because I said I would never see anything above that ever again. That is usually what always gets me motivated. Last year when I lost down in the 190's I said I would never see 200 again. I did after vacation and boom, I was down into the 180's. Then I said I would never see that again and the holidays happened and boom I saw it again and I lose into the 170's and said I would never see 180 again and I did so hopefully history repeats its self. LOL! The only thing I would change is the stops and holding steadies.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:10 AM   #165  

I forgot to share my menu:

B - chorizo (Mexican sausage recipe I created for the program use lean ground turkey), oatmeal
S - chorizo, pear
L - 1/2 c. pasta (low glycemic), 2 oz lean ground turkey, bell peppers, onions, broccoli and spaghetti sauce
S - homemade turkey sausage (different than the chorizo), apple
D - Turkey Brat (leftover), microwave potato w/a squeeze of lemon, salad
S - lean ground chicken, strawberries

I did the calculations and its about 1195 for the day.