The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 05-04-2007, 09:07 AM   #1306  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

angel-eyes how wonderful to SEE you! Yep, run out and get the book. If you do nothing but read it you will be inspired. Sorry the moody blues have struck - haven't we all been there! Here's hoping that it gets set right soon.

I reread you last post Gina, 20 mi. round trip bike ride to work. You rock sweetie.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Mine includes paddling and at least a short hike. But, one of the things I love about the new workout - 2 rest days in a row! Weekend activities are just for fun!
Old 05-04-2007, 02:26 PM   #1307  
Dieting Diva

I thought it was a rather bad joke that Hugh the Postman left an Ecampus package on the porch- but it turns out DD21 is ordering her stuff for summer semester already. I did get to the mailbox and there was the package from Overstock with the new book. Just thumbing through it gets me excited as it is so easy to read and she doesn't take the reader's abilites for granted.Oh and Fish recipes - yea ! I do eat fish once a week ( and more if I can get away with it !). I am loading the camper this afternoon so it will be with me to read tommorrow night at the lake once I wrestle the kids to sleep.
I haven't drank since I started my diet at the end of January. I have two bottles already in the camper ready to go as my friends who we camp with each bring a bottle for everyone to try.Both bottles were gifts and I think I need to get them out of the house. Ledom- I'll have a glass( or two) for you !
I don't think I have ever rode 20 miles on a bike- perhaps a horse- but not a bike. DS13 keeps on threatening me to give me bike lessons on his 21 speed mountain bike. I think he really means that he is planing on picking his Momma off the pavement. Out here the pavement isn't real good and if that doesn't get you the rednecks in pickup trucks will.
My weekend is all kids stuff at the lake. I have a bunch of dollar kites to fly on the beach, a gallon of bubbles and various sand toys. Bob and I usually get a good walk in sometime. The lake is 6 feet down and that makes the trails a bit interesting.
WTG Cindy on the weight loss- it's just the start of good things to come !
Old 05-04-2007, 09:38 PM   #1308  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Well heres to Day #1 OP !!!! and the crowd goes wild I meant to go after work to get Jillians new book, but was running late from clocking out late and had to meet ds's bus. I have some free time tommorow before work, so I'll pick it up there. YEAH for me and no mindless eating!!!

BFL and sirak....so nice to meet you. Chick and ledom know me from waaayy back. I hope to catch the Jillian fever again.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:52 PM   #1309  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey angel-eyes - glad to see you back! I lurked here for a long time before I started posting. So, I feel like I know you! I've got the Jillian fever big-time, so hopefully some of it will rub off on you!

I just finished week 9 - am in the home stretch now. This plan in awesome!

Sirak - glad to hear you finally got your book - I have mine but haven't had a moments time to start reading it.

Gina - 20 miles round trip to work - good for you!

Just popped in to say Hi - you gals have a great weekend!
Cindy

Last edited by BfL_Cat; 05-05-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:07 PM   #1310  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Morning chickies!

Happy Saturday! Today is a follow up x bike instructor class....not an all day ride this time, thank goodness. The shine is shining, the birds are singing and it's entirely possible I over caffeinated.

Cindy - week 9 in the bag already! You go, girl!

Angel-eyes - day 1 in the bag already!! Maybe reading some of your old posts will bring the fever back? I'm going to go get the new book today. Try her radio show, too. I download it every Tuesday and then listen at work. Quite inspirational just to hear her voice and advice.

sirak - enjoy the camping trip! 20 miles sounds like a long way - but it's actually only like 40 minutes each way. If traffic is bad it takes me 30 minutes sometimes to get to work in the car.... My favorite part of the ride is the freeway overpass....I wave at all the people grumbling in their cars. Yes...I am evil

ledom - sounds like you are getting serious use out of your new kayak. Every time I see someone in one I think of you. I need to try it someday. It totally looks like fun.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:27 PM   #1311  
Lovin' Zumba!

Happy new week gals! Food was a bit sloppy this weekend - not horrible, but could have been better. I have a bit of a twinge in my right knee (not the one I hurt), so I'm hoping Advil will take care of that by morning.

I start week 10 tomorrow - Ledom, I've been doing my rest days on Saturday and Sunday since the beginning, and I really like that. Wednesday is my cardio day instead of my rest day.

Oh, did I mention that I tried mountain climbers last week? Well, until I have a *much* better sports bra, I'll not being doing those - I was afraid my chest was going to swing right off of my body!

Ledom - any favorite recipes from the new book? I've been doing some reading, but also skipped ahead to look at the recipes. Several of them look pretty good - just wondering if you've tried any yet?
Cindy
Old 05-07-2007, 02:42 AM   #1312  
Chick

So far just the deviled eggs. I think several of them look good too.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:01 AM   #1313  
Chick

I'm so excited at the buzz around here. Welcome back everyone. So, I just have to say again that Jillian is brilliant. Day 21, the home stretch, started just like day 1. The way she moves you through exercises for the period of 30 days is so smart. You are always building strength and you hardly even know it. I get a good wringing sweat from this workout, but I never feel like I can't do it. I love that there are more ball, balancing, pilates type strength - those exercises make me sweat more than anything. And the way she works you from large muscle to small. She just has it down to science.
Old 05-07-2007, 09:11 PM   #1314  
Lovin' Zumba!

I was just thinking today about how much strength I've gained since starting this program. When I first started it, I was concerned that it was not enough lifting, since I was used to Body for Life. But, my weights have progressed along nicely - I've maxed out the seated rowing machine, am higher on weights for hamstring curls and tricep pulldown than I ever was before.

So Ledom, you're absolutely right, that Jillian is brilliant!
Cindy
Old 05-08-2007, 10:28 AM   #1315  
Chick

Morning - Finished finals yesterday. I just have to enter my grades, go to graduation and I am done! I don't have to go back, I can enter my grades from home. Just the grad. ceremony Fri. evening to drive to.

I have an appt. w/ the optometrist in a while and then I get to come back home and work in my garden or clean my house or finish watching a movie. Whatever I want to do! The first day of summer vacation is the sweetest.

Workout is done already, thank you very much.
Old 05-08-2007, 11:37 AM   #1316  
Lovin' Zumba!

Ledom, that is SO not fair! I think I need to reconsider my career choice - I'm sure there's *something* I can teach!
Cindy
Old 05-08-2007, 04:36 PM   #1317  
Chick

I know Cindy - I should be more modest about my joy today. It is the biggest perk of teaching. Of course I get paid 10 mo. out of the year, not 12. That might make it seem more fair.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:35 PM   #1318  
Dieting Diva

No way ! I have every amount of respect for the teaching staff at my local Middle school. My son is special ed and as a team they have worked hard with both of us in the 8 years of school. I think teachers should get paid more and get paid year round to compensate for the time it takes to get lesson plans together and grade papers at night.
Then you have parents who are difficult and regular students who don't care. I can understand why you would escape to the lake or your gardens. I might be able to teach computer science or home ec- but I'd strangle the students in the process.
I was a caseworker for the state in the food stamp office. I would see a certain client and it might be months before you saw them again. As a teacher you see the good and bad every day for nine months ! No way !
Both books are here. It's 50 cent listing night on Ebay motors and DH is in a push to get his stuff up and running. I am going to find the chair, some cottage cheese and read some WBL.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:11 AM   #1319  
Lovin' Zumba!

Happy Wednesday gals!

I was rewarded today after cardio by the scale being down - I've *finally* gotten rid of the 2# I'd gained Easter week, and now have gotten the scale to start moving again. So another 1# loss I can finally count and move my ticker! It's about time!

I'm going to write myself a note about this experience to put on my refridgerator - about the reality of how long it took for me to reverse the damage I did in a 5-day period. I basically lost 4 weeks of progress thanks to that time off-plan.

Got today's cardio done, the week is going well.
Cindy
Old 05-09-2007, 05:27 PM   #1320  
Chick

How's the reading going Sirak?

Cindy, I so know what you mean. Scales stalled out here again. Counting calories on Fitday has really been helping me. I slacked off for a few days and I had to make myself start again because it is so easy to just add a 100 calories because it isn't that much until you have kind of lost control. I am really hungry right now I have to say. I do feel like I am pushing my endurance to new heights. I feel kind of superhuman in the gym sometimes like I actually want to push myself much further than ever before.

Anyway, gravity is not my friend these days. I did take some before and inbetweens and my fat just looks deflated, but it still looks like it is there. I'd say I have lost a half a size but I am not near enough to my summer wear from last year. I take that back, I am near, but definitely not there. That kind of depresses me.