The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 08-03-2007, 08:45 PM   #1456  
Lovin' Zumba!

Sure, feel free to join in! Are you doing Jillian's workouts? If so, which book?
Cindy
Old 08-04-2007, 11:33 AM   #1457  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Cindy- What a sweet reply. I almost came back and took that last post down, such a downer! Trying very hard to get it all together again. Taking care of myself has to be first priority. My show opens Oct. 9. I am just trying to get as much as possible done before I go back to work on Aug. 17.

You're doing great by the way.

Welcome lilsweet, tell us about yourself. Oh, I just took a look at your blog, sounds like you have a great motivation for losing the weight.

Sirak, how are you doing? Gina, you still around?
Old 08-05-2007, 09:49 AM   #1458  
Dieting Diva

I am still around and just trying to eat clean only. The workouts are on the back burner. I really fudged last weekend- but my Mod buddies from another forum were in town.I am two pounds over my ticker.It was goat cheese, bread and a couple of onion rings I savored from Sonic.
Things are pretty haywire around here. DH and I have separated.He moved out last weekend. My son has taken it very hard and I am taking him to see his Dr on Monday to evaluate upping his meds. School is approaching and I am struggling with trying to give both of them the last few days of summer and having a SAHM. I am trying to look at jobs.
The mare is mending slowly. We had to repair fence last night as the gelding got out.In all of this I have come to the realization that I can't keep the horses as eventually it will be impossible to feed them.
So it's been rotten and I haven't lifted anything other than the stuff I keep this place running. It was really nice though last night when I was setting fence poles to use the T post driver and not feel like a wimp.
It sounds like everyone else is busy. I have this thread set for emails so even if I am not keep up with workouts I am keep up with " the girls".I am looking forward to the fall schedule and figuring out when I can be " golden" again.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:29 PM   #1459  
Chick

Sirak, Sounds like you have a LOT on your plate right now. I use plate metaphorically. It hasn't taken me long to realize you are a woman with determination and strength - I am in your corner and rooting for you. You are still golden and when I think what you have accomplished despite the upheavals going on in your life I am impressed, inspired, and frankly a little ashamed of myself for all the excuses I seem to be able to come up with for doing so poorly lately.

Last night I went to Wal Mart and found the coolest thing to add to my gym. One of those interlocking black rubber mats. I couldn't believe that I found that for under $20. It covers 24 sq feet and is great between me and the concrete floor of the basement (which $3000 later does not flood anymore). I did my ball exercises and floor exercises very comfortably this a.m.

So, in an effort to get myself back together I took Jillian's recommendations to heart for the start of a program. I bought myself a weightloss journal. The first page has the foods I can eat written out. I took, printed out, and glued in before pics, and sometime today I am going add my measurements. I have high hopes that by writing and documenting I will somehow be helped.

I have had a good summer in many ways, but I have momentarily lost my way to better health. I am ready to pick up the reins again. I know the next couple days will be hard but I am in for the long haul.

Take care everyone.

Last edited by ledom; 08-05-2007 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 01:35 PM   #1460  
paso a paso

S/C/G: 160/125/126

Height: reaching for 5'

Wanted to say hi as I have been doing the MTC wos (I'm on day 9 today) with modifications. I am definitely not fit enough to do a lot of the stuff so I do what I can within 45 minutes and do stuff like doing the pushups on my knees. I also am not going to the gym right now, so I'm using resistance bands to sub for some exercises in the book.

I tend to get bored really fast with workouts--that's the main reason I decided to try this workout, because I liked the idea of having the variety over a month's time that someone else had pre-planned for me. And since I can't do all the stuff (YET!) I figured I can repeat the program and still find it challenging.

I've been bouncing between about 131-134 for a month or so--my eating has been less clean with vacation time and summertime ice cream treats. But the tape measure and my baggy pants are showing progress, so I'm not beating myself up.

Ledom--journaling my food (and planning my meals ahead of time) is the best way for me to stay on track. Otherwise I "forget" whole meals I ate and "forget" how many calories are in some foods, like nuts!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-07-2007, 07:53 AM   #1461  
Chick

Quick check in and welcome to Marioposita. How are you liking the workouts. I am doing the same. Modifying and really looking at both her books each day. I tend to do the MTC upper body exercises and the lower body exercises from her first book.

Two great days under my belt.

Hope everyone is doing well - meeting the challenges of your lives and being the best you can be. That's what I am trying to do. We deserve it!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:43 PM   #1462  
paso a paso

Hey, I am really liking the workouts. I only have the MTC book, so I'm doing as many of the exercises as I can manage from each day's plan (and really enjoying the rest days and just doing cardio then). Some of the exercises are just waaay too hard for me, but there are usually easier exercises that I can substitute to hit the same muscle groups! Day 11 today, which I will get to this evening after I finish work.
Old 08-08-2007, 10:56 PM   #1463  
paso a paso

Didn't get to day 11 of MTC until this morning. I'm loving jump squats. I can't believe I'm really doing them, but I am!
Old 08-09-2007, 05:25 AM   #1464  
Chick

Bless your hear Mariposita - I hate jump squats. But more power to you. Good girl! I am on my 4th day of reinvigorated dieting and exercising. I am getting into my journaling - it's more my thought process than listing what I eat. At the end of the day I tally my calories on fitday though and enter them. How is everyone else doing this week?
Old 08-10-2007, 10:02 AM   #1465  
Chick

Morning all - We have turned quiet here. This has been a really good week for me, the runaway train of the last couple of weeks finally reined in. Bingeing, a habit I thought I had left behind reared it's ugly head. The good news is that since last Sun. the scale is down 9 lbs. Water weight and bloat I am sure, but thankfully it's gone and I am not feeling so horrible. Sometime around my mid-November birthday last year I lost my way and managed to gain (from today's) weight, approximately 25 lbs. Well ****. If I work very hard I might make it back to my low weight by this birthday which is so so sad, and yet that is my goal. I am starting now to brace myself not to get caught up in holiday eating this year.

Have a nice few days planned for the last of my summer vacation. Sat. night I am meeting friends late in the somewhat cool of the day to paddle out to an island and watch the Perseid Meteor Shower. It should be fantastic as there are no city lights and a new moon. Back to shore early Sun. a.m. and after coming home, watering the plants and leaving food for the cats I am going on a little road trip for 3 days. Just to the north part of the state. I am packing my food, my laptop, and everything I need to get ready for the first couple of weeks of work. I feel a real need to get out of this house away from all the distractions like house and darkroom work + just have one last fling before the madness begins. I reserved a room with a kitchenette and don't plan to eat out at all.

I am feeling good about what I have accomplished towards my show. There is still a lot to do but I have it figured out and will just have to execute the plan. I think I have enough done so that it is reasonable to expect to be finished in time.

It is hot here - we are in the midst of a string of 100 degree days. Thank goodness for great airconditioning.

Yesterday I got my hair colored. OMG, I like it a lot. It wasn't an all over dye job, he used a cap and just dyed little parts of it, just a very slightly darker golden shade than my gray. It is pretty subtle. I haven't been out yet to see if anyone notices. I am not sure I'll keep it up but it was a fun impulse to follow. I will see how it wears.

Take care everyone.

Last edited by ledom; 08-10-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #1466  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey guys - happy Friday!

Sorry I've not been around much - I'm letting all the wedding stuff take precedence, and I should not - otherwise I'm going to end up gaining weight before the wedding!

Also, with the new job, I have a lot less privacy - I have an office with glass on two sides, and so I can't be online at work much anymore Dang, I guess I'll actually have to do more work!

My eating has been bad - very sloppy, and way too much sugar. Today, while working out (yeah!), I decided this has to stop NOW! I'm going to stay home from camp this weekend so that I can get some things in order and actually grocery shop, purge my house again from the nasties that have crept in, and make some food for the week ahead.

The good news is that I exercised 3 days this week - not perfect, but at least I'm back in there for the second week in a row. This can only get better!

Have a great weekend everyone!
Cindy
Old 08-12-2007, 11:58 PM   #1467  
paso a paso

Quick check in. Did day 15 of MTC today. Man, I love love love those side step plyos. It was the first time I've tried them and they were fun. I didn't even attempt the harpies, because I was afraid I might kill myself. It's fun to see what things I can do and going on my "future" list.

Eating was not so great yesterday, better today and I feel more energetic for it.

Hope you all had a great weekend and will have a rewarding week this week!
Old 08-14-2007, 10:15 AM   #1468  
Chick

Sirak - I'm watching that ticker bottom out. What's up? How ya doin'?

I am away from the scale, and my kitchen these last few days, but am really working hard to vacation and stick with my eating plan. Doing pretty good I think. I did have a mishap with a pair of new shoes and trying to hike in them. Blisters on my heels! That has slowed me down a little but I am anxious to get back home to my exercise equipment.

Cindy - how are the wedding plans coming along?

Mariposita - keep up the good work.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:05 PM   #1469  
Lovin' Zumba!

Hey guys - fly by post... Job change and office situation does not allow me to pop in and out all day - I'm pretty restricted to when I have personal online time

Doing ok - really trying to get back on track and at the very least thin out my face for wedding photos. Will write more when I can.
Cindy
Old 08-15-2007, 04:18 PM   #1470  
Dieting Diva

Quote:
Blisters on my heels!
-ouch !
Yellville, I hope, Ledom, or anywhere on Highway 14....oh and my jimson weed is blooming !
Cindy, I am planning to start back up once the yellow school bus comes for the DS13. I know the hardest part is getting my shoes on and just doing it.
I started some new sleep meds and it takes a while for them to kick in. I was becoming a zombie so I went to the DR and explained my situation and he got me started on something new.
I cut back on my calories because I wasn't lifting and then it got really hot so now I am back to not eating as much as I was before. I am mowing and tending the horses(still bandaging the mare twice a day) .I have a big package of Tilapea that I bought before DH left and I am eating that( sure wish I had bought scallops or shrimp instead).
We are going to the lake. I had mentioned it to DH before the "evil weekend "of his departure and he said out of the blue that he would haul us out there and pick up the camper for us.One of my friends is going to be there tent camping with her three ( wild and woolly) little boys.
It's not quite the family escape that I wished for- but maybe it is.