The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-08-2005, 09:37 AM   #121  
Determined

Mrs T - I'm right there with you. I planned on starting week one of exercise this week (already behind everyone else) then both my son and I got sick. So, I'm committed to eating right and getting in the best amount of exercise I can. Today I'm going to at least go on a walk and do some yoga. My son is feeling a little better, so maybe we'll go out and play catch a little later. I'll just be doing the best I can this week. Emma, I hope you're feeling better, and Mrs. T - I hope your daughter gets well!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:29 AM   #122  
Puggy Balboa

Thanks, gals!

I felt better this morning so did my workout. Week 4, Day 1. 63 minutes. I can't let myself get lost due to illness. I seem to always do that so am proud I got back on the horse.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:56 PM   #123  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Way to go Emma. Glad you are feeling better.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:48 PM   #124  
Puggy Balboa

Thanks, Chick! I really appreciate it.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:35 PM   #125  
Puggy Balboa

Smile

Hi, everyone. Well, I'm not sick anymore. I feel better. Maybe not 100%, but enough to feel good.

My return day to health was a good one, both with exercise and eating. I have to keep pressing forward. I've seen such changes already, I'm excited to see what the full planned 12 weeks will do. Hopefully it will be a good loss, but if not, there's always snack cakes.

Have a good night, everyone! Even if y'all are too quiet.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:33 AM   #126  

HappyDaisy: I hope your son feels better

Something is going around, but my daughter is doing much better... lots of Benadryl later!

Today Im getting back on track and I'm going to re-start week 3 on Monday!

Emma: Im SO glad you're feeling better!
Old 11-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #127  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. I plan on heading back to the gym also on Monday. I've been sick all week with flu/bronchitis, so obviously I need to get over this first. I'll probably repeat some of week 2 before I start week 3. I can't wait for Monday!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 03:09 PM   #128  
Puggy Balboa

Well, this past week was my worst one yet. I had a long talk with my husband about it ... how I became ill and just fell into bad habits. How I needed support at home because they're the ones who should really care about my health. Hubby is going to be my calorie check-in guy at night. I am telling him my target in the morning and then what I ate when we go to bed. My daughter, who uses my treadmill in preparation for track, is going to be my workout check-in buddy. I'll tell her each morning what my workout plans are and she'll ask me right when we see each other afterschool.

I am hoping this is what I needed to really feel accountable for my actions.

So, I'm beginning week 4 over again starting tomorrow. I am following a Monday-Sunday plan because I really don't want to wait until Tuesday to start.

I skipped my weigh-in this week out of total fear, but will weigh-in next Monday.

I'm writing this mainly for me. I know a lot of you don't check-in here, but I just had to get it out.
Old 11-13-2005, 05:38 PM   #129  

Emma, I'm really happy that your family is stepping up to help you out! That should really make a difference!

Tomorrow is my restart of week three! I've not exercised since thursday so wish me luck!
Old 11-13-2005, 08:49 PM   #130  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

hi ladies

sounds like a few of us are getting back on the wagon after falling off - for whatever reason.

i am restarting week 1 again today after only completing half of week 2 last week.

the past two weeks have been horrible. we had two deaths within our family and needless to say, that was enough of a reason for me to gorge and feel bad about everything in life. very easy to fall into old habits.

i am determined to get back on track and am with you guys all the way.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:29 PM   #131  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

I lurk more than I post in this thread - but I'm here!! Back on the wagon with all of you!! Hope everyone is feeling better and OP! Daisyboo - so sorry for your loss. That's rough.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:43 AM   #132  
Puggy Balboa

Hi, everyone! I did exercise this morning. I restarted week 4 and am going to really push myself to succeed. I am not giving up no matter what and hopefully, having my family behind me will help.

On to some replies here:

Daisy Boo, I'm definitely one of those who fell off and is getting back on again. My father passed away a little over a month ago. His death was a major reason for me to do this. Then I read Jillian's book, my treadmill came, and I realized I couldn't make anymore excuses. I know firsthand how easy it is to fall into unhealthy ways. It's a big part of how I "care" for myself.

Mrs. T, thank you for the support. I'm glad you're moving forward with the exercise plan.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:14 PM   #133  
2 wheels is plenty :D

S/C/G: 264/195/150

Height: 5'4"

Way to go Emma!! Having support in the house should be just what the doctor ordered. Sorry about your father -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looking4TheWayOut
It's a big part of how I "care" for myself.
- this is a really healthy frame of mind IMO.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:28 PM   #134  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone. As planned, I made it to the gym this morning. Cardio was a little challenging after my circuit as I'm still hacking abit. Good thing no one was near me on the treadmill. Its just a major clearing of my throat, but still. Day 1 week 1 finished, phew....forgot almost how energizing it can be.

Sorry to hear about some problems a few are having, but Emma.....it sure sounds like a fantastic plan to have that extra support 'team'. Good job. My bday is in a few days, and I've been 'priming' the boys to suggest a heart rate monitor....so we'll see!!
Old 11-14-2005, 02:59 PM   #135  
Puggy Balboa

Gina, thank you. I appreciate the kind words!

Angel, good job with your workout! I hope you get your desired gift. My birthday was on Halloween and I bought myself a treadmill then told hubby after it was already being sent.