The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-27-2005, 12:59 PM   #61  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Morning, I completed my first week as well. I am really happy with my workouts for the week. For cardio I walked outside with about a 25 lb. backpack. Lots of hills. I'll probably do another walk tonight as tomorrow is weigh-in day and I like to really burn all the exta calories possible in order to insure my success. Everyone is doing great.

Daisy I think it is great that you have gotten started. I have no doubt if I had not already been working out a while that I would not have been able to complete workout 1. You'll be surprised at how quickly you progress.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:27 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 208/173/145

Height: 5'4"

Thanks for the welcome ladies!

Did my workout this am. Still not Jillians but a good workout non the less. Still not through the book Im sapposed to be studying also so I feel guilty taking time away from that. I will keep sneaking in bit though! I am sore from yesterday (feels great!)

Emma--I did not add my workout calories because I wasn't sure how many I would be burning. It's kind-of confusing to me but I'm just going to do the best I can and take it one day at a time. Rock on to us Fast Oxidizer's! I am stuggling with giving up my caffiene though. Today I did break down and have 1 diet pepsi. The withdrawal headache was starting in! Diet has been good today though. I'm really not hungry because the protein has been more satisfying.

Keep up the great work everyone!
Dana
Old 10-27-2005, 04:12 PM   #63  

Default Newbie

Hi ladies, do you have room for 1 more?

I just ordered the book from Amazon and expressed shipped it so I can get it tomorrow. Just reading your entries really has me excited. That fact that we can do her workouts at home is an amazing plus for me. (I'm gun shy of the gym, too embarrassing!)

A little about me: I'm 34, single mom of a beautiful dd who's 8. I'm 5' 8 1/2" and 154. I did South Beach and lost 12 but put on all but 6.

I'm really excited about this, so thanks for letting me join you all!
Old 10-27-2005, 04:13 PM   #64  

Default My book just arrived!!

this guy is too cute!!

Yeah, my book just arrived. I am going to start reading later. Can't wait to join in!

Roberta
Old 10-27-2005, 06:15 PM   #65  

Good evening ladies!

Kelster2 - welcome aboard!

Roberta - Glad the book came in finally!

I went over in calories today but it's no big deal because I was too low yesterday and the day before. So I splurged a little and got a turkey burger on whole wheat... I forgot to tell them no mayo, but overall I only ate half of it, and some fries so not too bad considering. My work out of course was done this morning, and it IS getting easier. NEED to up my water for the rest of the evening to catch up to my 10 glasses for the day.

I hope everyone is doing well!
Old 10-27-2005, 08:58 PM   #66  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Wow - look at all the posts. The thing about the different time zones is i make my evening post and then the next morning - here you all are! So great to wake up to

Well, yesterday my calories came in at 1500 - i was aiming for 1700. i drank 1.5lt water and my bladder was the size of a jelly bean all yesterday because of it LOL.

No circuit for me yesterday, but i did take the dogs for a 30min speed walk. my legs are still so sore from my first circuit, but the walk helped to stretch them out a bit. will do my next circuit tonight when i get home. As i started halfway through the week i am kind of winging it until i can start the week afresh on Monday.

Kelster and Dancediva Great to have you on board and can't wait to share our successes with you. The more the merrier.

Ladies - keep up the great work - you are all doing brilliantly!

Ok, now the big dreaded part - what day is our offical weigh in day? I haven't got the book with me at the mo' but the week starts from Monday with workouts doesn't it - so i though perhaps Sunday?
Old 10-27-2005, 09:32 PM   #67  
Determined

I'm starting the eating portion first thing in the morning. I just finished the eating part of the book and I've actually had my calories too LOW, for once! I'm not through with the exercise portion, so I'll keep doing my own thing on that until I'm done. Do you guys refigure your weekly calories each week as you lose? I'm a balanced oxidizer. I can't wait to get started with the workouts listening to you guys though!
Old 10-27-2005, 10:40 PM   #68  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies.....

Daisy in answer to your question, I'm not sure about weighin? No one has mentioned a specific day. I post on a couple of other threads, so I'll use the same day....Monday for convenience. Today was my day of rest, and phew....I needed it this morning. Dh went to give me a little kiss/hug goodbye this morning and all I kept saying was "ouch".... LOL He thought he was hurting me when in fact it was the workout the day before!!! LOL

Hi Kelster and welcome!!

Happydaisy.....hmmm, good question. I would think that as you lose weight you would have to re-calculate some of your figures. I'm not there yet as I'm only on day 3. Good luck.

Mrs.T.....sounds like you still did well on the mayo episode and fries. Good job on the workout.
Old 10-28-2005, 08:11 AM   #69  
Mikey's girl

ok, I finished reading the book, good book I might add, some techni. Terms that I was confused at first but.. all in all good! My QUESTION is for you guys! Now jillians excercise starts on monday, should I just continue my workouts untyil monday then add hers in just to keep on schedule? It seems so much easier so I dont get my days confused you know?? Just looking for your opinions! thanks ladies!
Old 10-28-2005, 09:12 AM   #70  

Morning everyone,

Did the circuit this morning. I tell you, it doesn't sound hard but boy once you get going I am kicking some butt. My calorie burn for these workouts have been averaging around 330 calories which I think is good since it usually takes me about 30-40 minutes to complete.

My weigh in day is on Saturdays. Just easy for me to remember since I have been doing it this way for years.

Welcome to all the newbies.

I wonder if we should start a new thread each week since these can start getting quite long. What does everyone thing?

Rhonda
Old 10-28-2005, 09:25 AM   #71  

Rhonda, That is probably a good idea.

Justforus- That is probably what I would do, less confusing!

AngelEyes- In the 'questions' thread.. I was thinking the SAME thing.. like wow.. huh?

This morning I'm re-focusing on water! I seem to have the worst time drinking enough water. So far two glasses down, and I'm going to try for a glass of water every hour.

Fat free mini muffins this morning!! Left over turkey burger for lunch. Whole wheat spaghetti for dinner with ground turkey for the sauce instead of ground beef, with a salad.

I've switched the work outs to wait for Mr.T to come home, only because he's not one who likes to sweat alone.. also he was being dorky and said 'How do I know you did these exercises?' - I didn't give into the temptation to kick him, but I almost did, then I counted off his exercises and called him a 'girl' (tried my hand at acting like Jillian).

I hope everyone has a great day today!! My next weigh in is on Monday and I'm STAYING OFF the scale until then!
Old 10-28-2005, 09:58 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 220/199/150

Height: 5'9"

Morning everyone. Did my workout last night and all went well, still real tough. Little over target for my cals for the week and going in to the weekend it will be hard to make up. We'll see. Off to a good start today. Water intake was, well lets just say high enough I stopped counting! (At least I some part of this is going smoothly).

JustForUs-I started on a Thursday and did Thursdays workout, Fridays and Saturdays. I just didn't want to wait to get started! I counted Monday as the begining of week 1 (so I will actually do Weeks 1 and 2 for 2 and 1/2 weeks)

Daisy- My official weigh in day is Monday as well. Seems like everyone is Sat, Sun or Mon. Maybe we can all report in Monday even though some of us get the actual weight from over the weekend?

happydaisy- Was wondering the same thing myself and planning to recalculate once a month. Hopefully Jillian will let us know since Mrs T posted the question.

Welcome to the newbies! I'm having trouble keeping track of everyone.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:00 AM   #73  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Hey all - Had a really nice weigh-in (Fri. is my official w-i). 2 lbs. down! Total credit goes to new workouts. Today is rest day. Actually I am taking the 2 rest days a week. Love having 2 days off from my previous 1 and it gives my bum knee a chance to recuperate. I have been having 1/2 lb. and 1 lb. weeks the past month so today's weighin was very welcome. Back at it tomorry
Old 10-28-2005, 11:32 AM   #74  
Puggy Balboa

Hi, everyone. My morning is rather screwed up.

1 - I took a rest day early
2 - I ate to bloody Pop-Tarts (actually they were Smores, but ugh)

I am going to keep going, but I need the rest due to my one ankle. It is sore when I put pressure on it in a big way ... lunges, running, squats, etc. I'm hoping the one day gives me enough of a rest. I'm sure it will.

As for the Pop-Tarts, I just screwed up and need to move on.

ledom, congratulations on your first week! Congratulations on your 2 pound loss!

dancediva33, good job on the workout! I haven't taken away all caffeine. I'm not a caffeine junkie, but I still half a little cup of coffee in the morning and 1 diet soda a day. It really hasn't effected me.

Kelster2, like I've been singing, the more the merrier! I love a big group so a big hug from me! Let me know what you think of the book. You sound so thin to me already. I'd love to be your weight and height! LOL

momma233, hurray your book arrived!

Mrs.T, how far over did you go? I TOTALLY need to up my water to 12 because I'm waking up in the morning super thirsty.

Daisy Boo, you had a great day. Good for you! I weigh-in on Tuesdays. I think we all weigh-in on different days. I was thinking about this also.

happydaisy, I was also thinking about calories. If we should list all of ours weekly. I think it'd be a great idea! We need to settle on a weekly check-in day.

angel-eyes, we need to settle in on a weigh-in total check-in day. I agree.

JustForUs, I didn't start on Monday. That's my rest day. I started on Tuesday and am going to keep it like that.

rcsaros, great job on your workouts! I'm concerned about starting a new thread because everyone has started on different days.

skinnyjeans, good job on your workout as well.
Old 10-28-2005, 12:44 PM   #75  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Morning!! Just finished my day 3 of week 1. HOLY COW!!! Do I ever sweat doing these excercises! Nice thing though....I had 2 people come up to me and ask about .....how long I had been coming to the gym, let me see your book, how do you do that move...... Pretty neat!!! I'm usually the one who slinks in the background, you know....just doing my own thing., and here people are interested in how I'm doing. I was very surprized!!!

Mrs. T.....About your water intake,....I have a hard time just drinking water from a glass, but give me a water bottle and I guzzle it right down. I also prefer my water on the hot/warm side. Just a thought for you to get more in ya.

ledom......Congratulations on the 2 lb loss. WOOHOO!! Nice to getting some good numbers.

lookingfortheway......back on track,GF !! forget about those poptart things and just make better choices. You're doing really well and its another day. Keep at it!!