The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 10-10-2005, 01:51 AM   #1  

Thumbs up Jillian's book Winning By Losing

I was just wondering if anyone on this forum has tried the program in Jillian's book winning by losing. I have been on it for 4 weeks now and have lost 16 lbs already. I was really suprised when I read it because I was expecting it to be too strict, but it's really quite the opposite (except her workouts are tough!). It isn't easy, but it works and I feel great. I can already see some tone in my arms and I have dropped almost 2 sizes. Anyone else having any success with it?
Old 10-10-2005, 08:26 AM   #2  
Puggy Balboa

I haven't, but love Jillian. She's tough and has a beautiful body. Where did you pick it up?
Old 10-10-2005, 08:46 AM   #3  
Puggy Balboa

I just wanted you to know, I just ordered it! Maybe we could set up a group who's doing it.
Old 10-10-2005, 12:52 PM   #4  
Determined

I am ordering it too, let me know if you guys set up some kind of group!
Old 10-11-2005, 05:54 AM   #5  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Hi All

I didn't realise that she had a book until i saw this thread!

I jumped on amazon and it looks pretty good - very good reviews.

Only thing I wanted to ask is happymomlady - are you using the dvd's available too? there seem to be a few different ones.

other thing was are the exercises in the book ok to do at home as well as the gym? i am not with a gym and prefer to work out in the privacy of home.

looks like a great book and i would love to implement it
Old 10-11-2005, 09:53 AM   #6  
I'm Deaf & a SWEET Mommy

This looks interesting, I really would like to buy a book for myself too!!!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:08 AM   #7  
Uber-Moderator!!

I'll definitely have to check the book out There are already 27 reviews on Amazon, most giving it high marks (from reading the three 'one-star' ratings, I believe that those 'reviewers' have not even read the book but based their 'reviews' on just not liking her on the show...).

I've just gone to my library system's website and requested a copy...I don't expect to get it anytime soon because all 10 copies in circulation are either out or have holds placed on them already such is life!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:19 AM   #8  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I saw it at the book store the other day, it looks like a really cool book. It has a section on eating out telling you what to stay away from and good things to get. I think that is so awesome!
Old 10-11-2005, 11:22 AM   #9  
Chick

S/C/G: 257.5/239.75/155

Height: 5'7 1/2"

I have it and like what I have read a LOT. I pretty much have my diet and exercise plan worked out and did not read that part yet. The first chapters on motivating yourself to do the work are exceptional however. I find myself remembering and repeating the points she makes to keep myself on track. And to tell the truth, that's the hardest part for me, so anyone that can get that across has a special talent in my book.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:05 PM   #10  
Puggy Balboa

Wow, ledom, it sounds like that's exactly what I'm looking for in the book. Thank you for the review. I ordered the other trainer's book also so it'll be cool to see how they are head to head.

A group of Jillian's Girls would be great for me!
Old 10-12-2005, 05:34 PM   #11  

This book sounds great. I would love to be in a group who is working on this program together. Are you guys interested too?
Old 10-14-2005, 03:14 PM   #12  
Puggy Balboa

Question Jillian Michaels/Winning by Losing ... Group Anyone?

I am already almost through the first section of Jillian Michael's book and I really love it. I think dealing with the emotional side of eating is CRUCIAL to not only losing weight, but keeping it off.
Old 10-14-2005, 06:43 PM   #13  

I'm interested. I may get this book; I'm intrigued.

I do believe that once I get my head together, my body will follow. I definitely need some kind of guidance or support, or maybe someone to be accountable to. I've got to get this weight off. . .
Old 10-15-2005, 10:45 PM   #14  
Puggy Balboa

The book is really sensational. I've been working hard on the written exercises and have now ventured into the science of the body. Wow, that's pretty amazing also. How it isn't just the calorie counts of what you eat, but WHAT you're eating that is so important for different body types.
Old 10-16-2005, 12:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 325 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5'4"

Are her ways and theories about overcoming the emotional part anything like the way Dr. Phil's are in his book "The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution"?

I am interested in checking out this book, but our local library doesn't have it and I don't have any way of getting her book either right now.

I am interested in the questions and such...