3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing-184/)
-   -   Winning by Losing Check-Ins (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/biggest-loser-winning-losing/67176-winning-losing-check-ins.html)

Looking4TheWayOut 10-21-2005 10:36 AM

Winning by Losing Check-Ins

This was mentioned a lot. I know the moderators don't want us to start set groups so this is open to all. Anyone who is doing Jillian Michael's program.

We could check in here daily with what we accomplished and maybe keep the chat on the other thread. It's up to you gals!

Looking4TheWayOut 10-21-2005 10:40 AM

I did the 3rd workout in the first week of Jillian's program today then finished off with 25 minutes on the treadmill so I could get in my full hour as Jillian suggests.

My eating has been really good all week. My water has been no less than 10.

Mrs.T 10-21-2005 10:49 AM

My calories have been awesome. Today was day 2 of my exercise and it was a little easier today, but I am simply sore in different spots. I've made sure to substitute anything I can't do (jumping impact things on my knee) with a total of 30 minutes on the elliptical added to the other exercises.

Slowing down my eating has really helped with over eating. I still find myself wanting to 'finish' my meal with something sweet and I think that's okay in moderation and as long as it fits in with my calories.

My water has been steady at 8-9 glasses everyday at least.

Jillian Michaels 10-21-2005 01:38 PM

Something Sweet

Good morning :-)

I HAVE to answer the something sweet post, because I so get it.

Here are a few things for you all to try or consider:

1. You can have the following low cal sweets in higher volume:
SUGAR FREE (not no sugar added) fudgicle's

Sugar Free Jello with Fat Free Whipped Cream (i sometimes have problems with portion control on the whip cream, but it's only 5 cals for two tablespoons)

Diet Swiss Miss Coco - mix a little half and half in there for texture

Sugar Free Frozen Yogurt - some brands (carbo-lite, Wow Cow, st. moritz, tasti Dlite)

Berries with Splenda sprinkled on them

Here is a second option: If you aren't into the cheesy diet sweats you can have a REAL treat just fit it into your cals. For example, I love to have 1 Reeses big cup every night. I let myself have 1600 cals to maintain my weight and I simply work it into my cals.

Just wanted to give you guys some options.

Looking4TheWayOut 10-21-2005 02:29 PM

Jillian, thank you for making an appearance on the thread and giving up all that info. I don't know how you find time to do everything you do! Somehow the thought of you eating a Reese's Big Cup every night helps me immensely. =)

Mrs.T 10-21-2005 02:47 PM

Jillian, thank you for the info!

I prefer to work the recess peanut butter cup in as well. Especially right now at Halloween time.

momma233 10-21-2005 07:49 PM

can I join you?

Hi, I am new to this site. I posted a question to Jillian on your other thread.

A little about me, I am 39 and ttc our 3rd child. I am 5'4" and weigh around 225 lbs. I am also hypothyroid.

I asked Jillian if I can follow this while ttc and while pregnant. I plan to breastfeed also. So, I just wanted to get her advice.

I am ordering the book in the morning, or I may just go buy one.

You all are doing an awesome job!

Roberta

Daisy Boo 10-21-2005 08:14 PM

Thanks for getting the thread started Emma :D

Geez - you girls sound like you are so busy. Great job! :bravo: My muscles are sore just thinking about it :o no exercise for me this weekend but i plan to be spring cleaning like a banshee. might take the dogs for a walk this afternoon. we are lucky we have a beautiful bushland right on our doorstep and a round trip walk is about 6kms. i usually bump up the pace and my puppies manage to keep up :D

i have to do the weekly shopping today and hope what i get is ok with WTL guidelines. i don't buy much packaged and processed stuff these days and majority of things are low GI, ie basmati rice, whole grain bread. i would be spewing if i get the book on monday and all the foods are wrong :?:

momma223 - it sounds like a question you should ask your doctor. the exercise in jillians books sounds quite intense and although i haven't read it yet (still waiting!) it might be adaptable. how far along are you? also i would think that restricting calories would not be ideal during pregancy. JMO. I am sure jillian will come back to you :)

happy losing :grouphug:

momma233 10-21-2005 08:50 PM

Thanks for responding Daisy. I am not pregnant yet. I am just trying to get preg. I know once I get pg. I will have to slow down, but I think I should be able to follow it, just make adjustments.

Thanks again!

Roberta

Mrs.T 10-22-2005 08:58 AM

Saturday check in:

Last night was difficult because we went out to eat. We made sure it was TGI Friday's because they have a few items that are fairly low fat and low carb. I stuck to it, and made sure to SAVOR every bite. Overall it was great, until I got home and then the depression started in. I'm working through why I prefer to keep the shell of fat on, but it's difficult if I see progress right away and I have. For instance I had to MAKE myself do something good for myself because I wanted to feel 'worth it'. My husband worked me through most of last night and just said that it's time to take the shell off and understand it's not protecting me.

Thats very deep for a Saturday morning, but that is where I am. I ate great this morning and stopped myself when I knew I could feel the 'full' feeling. Yesterday was 1250 calories and today is 1400. (1600 for my husband) I'm about to start on my cardio and am really working on staying hydrated.

I hope you all are doing well and love the burn!! Even if the scale doesn't go down as fast as I'd like, I know I'm getting something done!

Looking4TheWayOut 10-22-2005 11:00 AM

Roberta, anyone can join. The more the merrier. This is completely open to all! =)

Daisy, actually based on what my eating plan is for the book (I'm a high oxidizer), I had to switch to whole grain, non-processed, and high protein. It says like you're ahead of the game. Good for you!

Amy, I think feeling different kind of emotions in the beginning of a hard program is normal. I have certain times where I have to re-read the part in my journal where Jillian has you put exactly what you want to do once you've achieved goal. If I don't, it would be easy to say, "Oh boy, this is a lot of effort." Maybe you could re-read what you put as well.

Looking4TheWayOut 10-22-2005 11:03 AM

OK, my check-in. I did well yesterday. 1,450 calories, 10 waters, and my meals were hunger-based and also for high-oxidizers.

This morning I weighed in to see a 5 pound loss in just 4 days!!! If anyone knows me, they know I don't lose like this ... even in the first week of a program. 3 pounds in a week for the first week yeah, but this many and without the week even being done. No way!

This morning I did my last circuit training session for the week and finished my hour on the treadmill doing intervals.

Breakfast was weird, but I had lowfat egg salad on whole wheat plus one serving of 1% milk. I didn't feel like cooking and cereal doesn't do it for me.

Hope everyone is doing well!

momma233 10-22-2005 12:46 PM

thanks for the welcome!

Thanks ladies! I am off to find the book today.

Roberta

ledom 10-22-2005 01:08 PM

I did my first workout and it was good. Hard and sweaty but good. It felt a little like a gym class in which I'd like to bail mid-point, but I didn't. This is a good change for me.

For some reason I have not been linear with my reading of WTL. I read the self portion when I got it about a month ago and loved that though it is time to read it again. I found out that I am an average (?, forget the terminology) oxidizer but then I put the book down and didn't finish the nutrition portion except to read some recipes. Finally read enough of the sweat portion to get going with a workout. So, I need to go back and read the parts I have skipped.

For the last 2 months I have been working out hard and eating a modified BFL plan of about 1350 calories a day. I have lost 14 lbs. in the last 2 months so I'll probably continue with the same diet for the time being. I do have a variation in calories once or twice a week when I have a meal out. I also try for a light day the day before my official weigh in day.

Anyway, I am very excited about this new thread and the enthusiasm here. It feels fresh and as a person that has struggled with weight and actually lost quite a bit (I suppose about 60 lbs. over the last 10 years, but also a yo-yoer and again not linear) I feel full of optimism for finally getting down to a decent weight.

Mrs.T 10-22-2005 05:40 PM

My calories this evening were over by about 200. I don't really feel bad about this because I have been so awesome with calories all week.

Emma: Congratulations on the loss! I know that is simply amazing for you!

Ledom: I'm SO glad you feel full of optimism!! I hope we can help keep each other optimistic.