The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 11-14-2005, 06:52 PM   #136  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

ooohhhhh, I like the way you think!!! My husband thinks I'm crazy because every Christmas I find presents to myself from the pets!!! hahaha
Old 11-14-2005, 09:36 PM   #137  

Day 1 Week 3.

I'm writing in my journal again. I'm also remembering to reward myself and keep up with my quilting. I'm a bit shaky after the exercise tonight and I think having so long between work outs is the problem. I'm sure I'll get passed it and back into the groove.

I hope everyone is feeling great about the program, I know I am!
Old 11-15-2005, 11:28 AM   #138  
Puggy Balboa

Well, yesterday I did get back on track. My calorie target was 1,400 and I had 1,402. It really helps checking in with my daughter and husband.

Today my exercise is done, but my house looks like a nuclear holocaust so I'm rushing online stuff to finish up.

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 11-15-2005, 04:50 PM   #139  
soon to be goddess

S/C/G: 236/216/17?

Height: 5'7"

Great job Emma!!! I knew you could count on them. tc
Old 11-15-2005, 08:39 PM   #140  
Determined

That's great Emma! My Mom & sister and I are doing kind of the same thing, though we are all trying to lose weight. I was thinking today of much I've been struggling with "keeping on track." Then today I realized, this is the rest of my life that I need to live like this. Not just need to, but want to as well. I really wanted a mint hot chocolate but I thought "I can't have that again." Sucking at my eating plan and not working out for a few days or even a few weeks isn't the end of the world. I think it's also going to be important for me to realize that a piece of cake or a soda from time to time doesn't mean I've gone "off my plan" or that I'm a failure. If this is going to work for life it needs to be a real life plan. And real life has parties and dinners out and pizza, just not as every day indulgences. I talked to my Mom and my sister tonight about all that because often we're "partners in crime." We've all agreed to help and support each other and I'm making a commitment to "get real" with myself. I'm not going to freak out and give up the first time I eat something that isn't considered healthy or miss a workout. Anyway, I know this was really long, and good luck to all of you as we all get back on track this week.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:00 AM   #141  
Puggy Balboa

Smile

Today is my day off, scheduled, not unplanned. My eating was good yesterday, but I snacked a lot. I found myself hungry most of the day until around dinner. Then, not so much, which is weird.

I was so busy cleaning and such that I'm going to head out today to do some browsing in the stores for Christmas. I also may have my hair done.

Recently I feel like I have my life back. I don't know why, but it feels right. I still have the stresses, but now I just deal with them better. I rely on myself more.

Angel-eyes,

Happy daisy, I'm so glad you set up a support system also. I just think accountability is important. Without it, I don't do well at all.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:55 AM   #142  

Emma, I hope you're able to 'fit' into their schedule LOL

HappyDaisy, it's so important, I'm glad you were able to get a support system going as well.

My husband has gotten more involved now and sometimes that can be a pain in the butt, but actually it works.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:34 AM   #143  
Puggy Balboa

Talking

Oh, forgot to mention my "proud momma's news" before. My daughter's art teacher entered her in a national art contest (without daughter knowing it) and also is submitting daughter for the Junior Honor Society.

Daughter won an international art contest a couple of years ago, but has no interest in art. Go figure.

I just found both of them really neat. My teachers would have recommended me for rehab, but that's about it.
Old 11-16-2005, 11:31 AM   #144  

Emma, that is amazing news!! You must be so proud!
Old 11-16-2005, 09:41 PM   #145  
Headbanger

S/C/G: 225/218/180

Height: 5'9"

So next week because of Thanksgiving my employer has decided to give us casual "day" all week long. That means 4 days of blue jeans, well I don't own that many pairs of blue jeans in my current waredrobe so I decided to dig a few pairs out of the "jeans archives" and try them on and low an behold if the size 12...... Yes, I said size 12 Old Navy jeans didn't zip right up.... So then I went on a rampage and tried all of them on and what do ya know I now have enough jeans to wear for the extended casual week. I guess it just goes to show that if the "evil scale" is not getting any lower you may still be getting results.

Last edited by RockerGirl; 11-17-2005 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:30 AM   #146  
Puggy Balboa

I've been having a problem with eating more than I should. Yesterday was a complete disaster. The strange thing is, I'm not sure if my husband thinks my eating is a problem. He didn't ask for a report and I didn't give him one. He didn't even mention calories. I asked for a roast beef grinder for dinner (I take one day off from cooking each week) and he was like, "OK, order me ..."

Not that I expect him to be the food police. In fact, that wouldn't even work for me, but I'm wondering if he's worried if he does try and be nurturing, I'll freak out.

Just thinking out loud. Hope everyone's having a good day.
Old 11-17-2005, 10:35 AM   #147  

Emma: Do you guys have a set time to go over calories for the day?

I'm having a lot of anxiety because my 3 year old is starting preschool, and I've been having issues with not eating enough. It's sort of backwards but it depends on what I'm having anxiety about that changes if I eat more than I should or less than I should. Right now I'm focusing on getting the 'right' number of calories in every day.

The exercise last night was great and I wasn't as shakey as I was from Monday's work out.
Old 11-17-2005, 01:56 PM   #148  
Puggy Balboa

Mrs. T, no, we don't. He never gets home at a set time, but even at bedtime, he's just out like a light due to all the work he's doing. Oh well. I just need to talk to him regarding it. I'm sure the wee one will have a great time. I remember freaking out when both mine went to school (they both went the same year, same day so it was a double shock) and they loved it. I was the one sobbing in the hallway when they were having a ball inside. The principal told me the parents take it harder than the kids.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:24 AM   #149  

LOL , Well she went to her first day yesterday and walked right in sat down took her coat off and said "K bye Momma", except I was supposed to stay for the first day because of emergency card things etc. She had a great time...
Old 11-20-2005, 08:32 AM   #150  
Puggy Balboa

I knew she would. That's great!