Old 10-27-2008, 11:31 PM   #421  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Someone said they were going to dress up like Joe the Plumber!!!

I said I would like to be a Salma Hayek with a George Clooney look alike with me or just maybe have the real George Clooney with me!!! I need to stop dreaming!!!

fauxtini-I don't have Jullians video either! I'm gonna get it!
Your pictures were awesome! You have made such a big difference Congrats!!!

Good Night Everybody!!!

Last edited by Dumplin; 10-27-2008 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:37 AM   #422  

S/C/G: SW 275/see ticker/ GW 175

Height: 5'6

fautini! you are not the only one! I haven't done it!! I know I'm not ready yet.

Okay, so my foot is killing me, went out to get new runners and already I am seeing improvement. I have plantar faciistis (sp?) and it hurts like something else. Still hit the gym and worked out abs/bicep/tricep and quick warm up on the bike.

Gotta go ice/elevate and rest...
Cheers, Ginger
Old 10-28-2008, 06:03 AM   #423  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Good news! We met with the Dr and he wants to do the laparoscopic procedure, which means day surgery and 4 days out of work. Much better than 3 days in the hospital & 6 weeks out of work. It is scheduled for 12/23....which may sound like bad timing, but I have met my deductible and coinsurance so it won't cost us anything. Plus, after the first day I will feel pretty good. I feel much better! Now if I can just get my knee taken care of.......

The dr told me that the cyst on my right ovary is the size of a ping pong ball!! ICK, he said they can get MUCH bigger than that, but still, ICK!!! I am so glad dh went with me. He was able to get lots of questions answered and he feels much better about everything. The dr was wonderful...he took a long time w/ us and made sure dh understood everything. I am really lucky to have found such great medical providers.

Now I can't wait to get this done and over with!!!

TOM is kicking my butt today (that is one of the benefits of the surgery...it will ease up a bit!), but I will NOT use that as an excuse to eat crap. I will go to the gym and do my planned workout.

Have a great OP day everyone!
Old 10-28-2008, 07:13 AM   #424  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Blue Chickies!

I feel a win in the air...My goddness the losses this wekk are impressive! How can we loose! Red won't know what hit em! I love winning! Have I mentioned that?

Rhonda Thoughts and prayers are with you!

Dumplin- You make me laugh with all the halloween costumes! You are really getting into this! Do you dress up every year? I bet it is a blast around your place!

mj5-That is good news on your knee. I understand about getting it done before the end of the year. I've done that for insurance before as well. Actually works out great. Slows you down a bit around Christmas and lets others give by helping you out a bit. It's a win-win that makes everyone feel better.

Kissingginger-hope the foot feels better. It's great that you are still getting to the gym and doing what you are able to do through this!

angeline-I get behind and feel I will never catch up also...I just jump in and start posting and try to catch a few recent personals. I hope that doesn't make anyone think I have forgottten them. I think everyone understands how overwhelming it can be to remember all the details for everyone...well...except Dora......she remembers everything!

JoyfulVegGrl! YAY for 40DSers! I doubt we are the only ones to take more than 30 days...This is tough! But I can not believe how incredibly strong and toned I feel already at day 10! Congratulations on sticking with it!

Abby-Come on cross over and join us on the dark side. You are right! Jillian is scary. She will hunt you down and haunt your dreams until you buy the video!

Thin4good-I have found that my wii fit weighs within a pound of my regular scale...I have read other threads where most feel that it weighs very accuratly. So that should be a good alternative for you.

Has anyone got the new Jillian Michaels ultimate workout for wii yet? I am expecting mine to be delivered some time this week...just wondering what it is like?

Have a great OP day!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:14 AM   #425  

Height: 5'7"

I am also excited about seeing our results this week!

So I had kind of a strange evening food-wise. I ate WAY too much and felt horribly uncomfortable as a result. I had a pb&j sandwich for dinner, and was happy with that - but then decided I needed 2 english muffins with cheese. I rationalized it in my head, of course, as I always do... Then came the fruit. I had 2 bananas and an apple, and about 1/2c of plain yogurt. I am a little worried about my inclusion of these last foods in my mini-binge, as they are not typically binge foods for me. i don't want to start having to keep fruit out of the house lest I eat too much of it! I don't exactly know why i did what I did, either - obviously some emotional cause but I'm not sure what emotion it was. Anyway, today's another day
Old 10-28-2008, 10:19 AM   #426  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
I am also excited about seeing our results this week!

So I had kind of a strange evening food-wise. I ate WAY too much and felt horribly uncomfortable as a result. I had a pb&j sandwich for dinner, and was happy with that - but then decided I needed 2 english muffins with cheese. I rationalized it in my head, of course, as I always do... Then came the fruit. I had 2 bananas and an apple, and about 1/2c of plain yogurt. I am a little worried about my inclusion of these last foods in my mini-binge, as they are not typically binge foods for me. i don't want to start having to keep fruit out of the house lest I eat too much of it! I don't exactly know why i did what I did, either - obviously some emotional cause but I'm not sure what emotion it was. Anyway, today's another day
That is an interesting binge. None of the foods by themselves are too unhealthy so that is a positive. I do things like this occassionally and then I think...what the heck was that?

To a better day today!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:21 AM   #427  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

My past week can be 100% characterized with complacency. I am doing pretty well on my program so I started modifying it and rationalizing it. Since I am doing MRC it is not about modifying. On top of that I chose not to exercise...not one minute. I WILL do better this week. I have to. I am worth it!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:34 AM   #428  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

What a great way for me to start my day! A *~FANTASTIC~* win this week. omg We blew past the numbers this week! I was looking at my chart saying "Am I missing someone?"

I wasn't... you guys really did it! You make me so proud even though I don't say it.

I was a big dummy and threw out my broken scale this weekend, so my plans to weigh in yesterday morning didn't happen because of my screw up. No fear! I have a 20% off coupon to Bed Bath & Beyond, so a new scale is on the way!

I finally got a food scale so I can get my portions under control. That's my big hang up right now other than . The other thing is fall/winter time change. I'm not a morning person, and getting up when the sun isn't up is not easy. I'm hoping I can battle this by going to bed at a slightly decent time.

I need to jet, but I'm going to make an effort to come to the boards more often. You'd be surprised that even though its my home page, I tend to jump right over to other websites and get lost in them for hours.

Have a good day ladies! No celebrating with 's!
Old 10-28-2008, 10:37 AM   #429  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

Oh no! I forgot to weigh in yesterday! Sorry everyone! Looks like you did juuuuust fine without me though. Way to go on another win, team!

I ordered 30 Day Shred yesterday, and it should arrive on Thursday. I'm going to try to do it every day in November!

MJ - great news about setting a date for the surgery. I hope it all goes smoothly!

Rhonda - oh sweetie! You'll be in my prayers.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:44 AM   #430  

Height: 5'7"

Denise - you ARE worth it! Just try getting in 1 or 2 days of exercise this week. It isn't much, but it'll help move you along in the right direction!

chellez - Aw, we make you proud. *sniff* I have a scale you could have, if you want to drive up here to get it....

practiceliving - well, you get to help us out for this new week instead

Congrats to everyone on our success this week! We had a whole 20 pounds on the red team, what a lead!! MUCH better than last week, hurrah!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:38 AM   #431  
Intuitive Eater

Congrats fellow Bluesers!!!

I know I'm not supposed to be posting negatively, but I'm off to such a bad start this week I just dunno if I can fix the damage fast enough. Haven't been on the scale in two days so I don't know what kind of damage I'm talking about either. I'm really going to try tho, guys! Yesterday's gloomy weather just zapped me of any kind of motivation but the sun is out today and and I'm feelin' it! So I need to get off my rear and get in gear! Don't give up on me!!!
Old 10-28-2008, 11:59 AM   #432  
Focus

mj5- enjoy your holidays if you can. Doctors are so advanced thes days. Good Luck!

dla- You are worth it!!!

kissingginger-What is plantar faciistis?

Jamie-I am one of those emotional eaters sometimes also. Maybe if we recognize it we will be more in control!!!

dj-Hi Miss Tenn. You are just gettin' with all this new wi stuff no wonder you have been so successful!! As far as the Halloween dress up...I can remember my Mom would dress up and give out candy. She was owner/opeator of a grocery store. She had so much fun and so do I!!!

Last edited by Dumplin; 10-28-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 12:07 PM   #433  
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissingginger View Post
Okay, so my foot is killing me ... Still hit the gym and worked out abs/bicep/tricep and quick warm up on the bike.
Wow Ginger, that's dedication! Hope your pain eases up. Take care of yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mj5 View Post
Good news! We met with the Dr and he wants to do the laparoscopic procedure, which means day surgery and 4 days out of work. Much better than 3 days in the hospital & 6 weeks out of work. ... I am so glad dh went with me. He was able to get lots of questions answered and he feels much better about everything. The dr was wonderful...he took a long time w/ us and made sure dh understood everything. I am really lucky to have found such great medical providers.
Sounds good mj5! And very nice that DH went too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
I get behind and feel I will never catch up also...I just jump in and start posting and try to catch a few recent personals. I hope that doesn't make anyone think I have forgottten them. I think everyone understands how overwhelming it can be to remember all the details for everyone...well...except Dora......she remembers everything!
It can definitely be overwhelming! Maybe a larger number of smaller teams would help??? Has that been done before?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
So I had kind of a strange evening food-wise. I ate WAY too much and felt horribly uncomfortable as a result. I had a pb&j sandwich for dinner, and was happy with that - but then decided I needed 2 english muffins with cheese. I rationalized it in my head, of course, as I always do... Then came the fruit. I had 2 bananas and an apple, and about 1/2c of plain yogurt.
I rationalize, too, Judy when I want to eat when I know better. It's like a switch gets flipped on and there's just no stopping! All bets are off! lol Anyhow, that was a strange selection of foods ... maybe your body was just craving the vitamins and minerals in those things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
My past week can be 100% characterized with complacency. ... On top of that I chose not to exercise...not one minute. I WILL do better this week. I have to. I am worth it!
That's exactly how I felt yesterday. I hate days like that! And YES, you're worth it! Break time is over!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
I'm going to make an effort to come to the boards more often.
Come when you can. We'll be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by practiceliving View Post
I ordered 30 Day Shred yesterday, and it should arrive on Thursday.
I think this is the hot topic of the 3FC site. I see mention of it in lots of threads. If I actually liked exercise I'd have to get it too just cause I hear so much about it! lol

Have a great one!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:24 PM   #434  
Focus

Default And the Winners are...The Blue Team!!!!!

A special congrats goes to.......dubh, Denise and Judy. Great Losses!

To each and everyone that lost some weight or even tried. A big Congrats!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:41 PM   #435  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

YAY! BLUE!!!!
Everyone was so positive this week...I just knew we could pull off another win! Let's keep the momentum going!

Blue Serenity and Jamie- Everyone stumbles...but Blue picks themselves up dust themselves off and faces NOW! We are going to sweep you right into this momentum! You have all week to eat right, excersise a little extra and drink tons of water...You have to do it now...we are going for an even bigger win next week.

Chellez- What is the record for 1 week weight loss percentage during one of these challanges? We are all warmed up now...We need to go for a record!

Did I mention that I LOVE winning!

GO BLUE!!!