S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumplin View Post
Anyone want to make a promise with me!

Here it is ......

For the weekend I will stay on my plan in order to contribute to the Blue
Teams weight loss challenge so that I can say I gave it my best over the
weekend that our team will have a greater chance of winning!!!
I love it! Thanks for sharing it. And yes, I'm in!! I'm planning to stay OP the entire weekend. I'm planning for success. I have a goal and my actions are how I will achieve it.

My workouts have suffered a bit this week since one of my dd's has a cold and they cannot go to kid's club at the gym when they have colds. So, I've been going after DH gets home from work and I never have *great* workout at night. I'm so used to exercising in the morning. For one thing, the weight room is full of testosterone at night and you can hardly find an empty bench. Plus, they are silly boys, not doing anything right, just showing off their guns! I get my cardio done fine, but weight lifting suffers... So, hopefully tomorrow morning she'll be totally over the goopy nose part so I can go to bootcamp. DH is on call this weekend, so he will probably have to work and not be able to do it with me. I like working out together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Here's a question - has anyone noticed sizes at Target getting bigger physically while staying the same number?
yes! I cannot remember what one of their store brands is (Mossimo I think?) and I could wear an XXL (basically a 20 I think?) at my highest weight. I couldn't buy other clothes without going to specialty stores like Lane Bryant, Avenue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjeweled View Post
wished i could have written you to tell you how beautiful these places were to me. i am definitely thinking about moving to the south and this visit solidified that for me.
I agree, the South is pretty. I personally couldn't imagine leaving the Pacific northwest to live there though! The bugs...the humidity...the hurricanes and tornadoes. DH is from Alabama, so we are down there for visits occasionally, and I'm always so happy to leave! But it's more the people I'm happy to leave, than the destination!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofarq View Post
Once apon a time there was a very nice lady named Kori who wanted a pair of tights... Where can I go? What can I do? For, alas, I will not, I can not go forth with naked legs!!!
LOL - this made me chuckle!! I do not wear this variety of tights, but I have some girlfriends who do. http://www.wisementrading.com/clothe...ies_tights.htm I know this is one site (I'm not sure what the religious affiliation is?) and I'd have to check with them for others. I know one was a store where Amish women make them. I thought is was called *Plain Folk* store, but cannot find anything like that.

Also, congrats to all those who achieved milestones this week! Fran and Dumplin and others! WTG!!!

Last edited by Nori71; 10-24-2008 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:17 PM   #362  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Dumplin I love your promise but I weigh in on Friday. I generally have one day a week where I drink and eat without too much worry on the calorie front. So technically when I go out Saturday night it's in my plan I know myself too well to be a tee-totaler <-major backfire.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:32 PM   #363  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Remember, tonight we go to red team and streak them! Type in "Yeeee Haaaaw! You've been streaked by the blue team!!" Or something like that! We'll do this around midnight!
Old 10-24-2008, 02:45 PM   #364  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Dumplin--Great idea! I'm in!!!
Old 10-24-2008, 04:00 PM   #365  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kofarq View Post
Remember, tonight we go to red team and streak them! Type in "Yeeee Haaaaw! You've been streaked by the blue team!!" Or something like that! We'll do this around midnight!
Ok.. im gonna do it! At midnight!

I did the first day of week 9 in the c25k program today I did 5k in 40 mins. It should be thirty.. but I hope to get better each time i do it

Last edited by mountain mama; 10-24-2008 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:49 PM   #366  

Height: 5'5"

Abby, good job! My first 5k was slower than that, and the more you run the faster you'll get.

I just wanted to check in really quick. I've been sick, and it's hard because I haven't been able to take time off of work so all I do is sleep and work it seems. It's been BEAUTIFUL this week and I haven't been able to go for any runs or even a walk, so it's killing me. I weigh in tomorrow and I'm sure I'm down some, though. Even if I gain some back when I'm feeling better I should still see a little bit of loss this week. I just wanted to add this disclaimer because if I see a huge loss this week it's not necessarily from hard work, but from lots of soup and rest I am feeling a bit better today, though, and hope to be back on track and working out hard by the time this weekend is through.

I'm going to go back and try to read through some of the thread and catch up. Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 10-24-2008, 10:07 PM   #367  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

I'm in with Dumplin's weekend plan! My weigh day is Monday, so this works great for me. I hope to add to my already 3 lb loss this week.
Old 10-25-2008, 08:06 AM   #368  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Happy weekend Bluesers!

Today should be fun. My grandaughter will be comming over to spend some quality time with her Grammy. It will be a beautiful cool fall day to take her to the park to feed the duckies and play on the playground.
Then my daugheter is going to color my hair. A little scary. I usually keep it natural or have gone blond on several occasions...This time I am opting for a deep bronzed brown. I hope I don't hate it!
Staying OP on the weekend is tough (at least for me). I eat out of boredom. So far I have no plans for Sunday. Hmmm. I'm going to have to work on that today!

DJ
Old 10-25-2008, 09:01 AM   #369  

Djay! Im excited to see your new hairdo!! fun!!

I have officially hit 60 pounds lost this morning! Im psyched
And i'm heading out for my first yoga class today. i have issues with classes.. i don't know why. I guess I have just done this all solo for so long... im not used to classes. We will see how it goes
Old 10-25-2008, 09:13 AM   #370  

I had to post a 2lb gain. I was the same yesterday morning as last sat..but after having the teeth pulled and not eating and drinking right i am up 2 lbs this morning!! Sorry guys!!!I guess i just have to look forward to a BIG drop next week.
hugs
Old 10-25-2008, 09:15 AM   #371  

KOFARG! I fell asleep and didn't moon the red team!!! I hope you did!
Old 10-25-2008, 12:51 PM   #372  

S/C/G: 195/161/144

Height: 5'9"

Sorry, Abby, I dropped the ball, I fell asleep! I'll do it tonight at midnight if anyone wants to join me, if not, I'll be a fool by myself!
Old 10-25-2008, 04:30 PM   #373  
last time

S/C/G: 228/see ticker/168

Height: 5'8"

hey all! i am down a pound from my four pound vacation gain. with water and healthy eating i think i can get some more of this off before i weigh in on monday

fauxtini - i love group classes! just remember that no matter how stupid u think u look everyone else is feeling the same way. you'll be fine

kofarg - i am a sleepy head on the weekend since i actually get to go to bed at a reasonable hour. happy mooning though!

going to bootcamp tomorrow it will hurt badly but i need it.

have a good blue weekend team!
Old 10-25-2008, 06:09 PM   #374  

Default A 60 pound difference.

I hit my 60 pounds lost mark today. Not quite halfway.. but when i'm there i will make my first post in the mini goal section. Here's my first set of before and afters..

note: the size of my legs in this picture.
before3.jpg

Note: just in general I guess.. I look really young and have major chubby cheeks going on here.
beeefoooooore.jpg

Took this one yesterday before I headed to the gym to my first 5k run
oct 25.jpg

I don't binge drink when I go out anymore.. i sip water and have an equally good time ( and a sugarfree redbull on special occasions)
oct 10.jpg
Old 10-25-2008, 07:58 PM   #375  
Shooting for the moon

S/C/G: 210/151/140

Height: 5' 5.5"

Abby you look amazing! Your hard work is really paying off!