Old 05-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #886  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Newlyweds.....We are going to eat pizza as fast as we can, wash kids (who gratefully are not too dirty today), everyone jump in the truck. he is going to drop me at Trader Joe's while he gets the oil changed in the truck, pick me up and back home (hopefully with sleeping kids).
I know, right?! I am going to the gym, quick stop at BJ's (must stick to my list or else I end up buying stuff we don't need), then home to pay bills and clean. Rockin' Friday night at my house!!!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 04:08 PM   #887  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

DH is going to see Iron Man tonight with my BIL. I passed on going with them. Together they act like 12 year olds, actually that might be insulting 12 year olds.

Instead, I'm going to go home and clean my house, again. It's actually not too bad, but I can't stand it when it gets messy. I may make some egg salad now that you've all got me thinking about it. Then I'm going to finish my last 3/4 mile for my 5K and do some yoga.

Then I'm going to watch Numb3rs, the rest of my tivod Dr. Who marathon and cuddle with the dog. Life is good!

Tomorrow we're going to get up early and hit the yard sales. Several of the bigger/nicer subdivisions are having their annual sales. I don't need anything in particular, but with the economy down the drain, maybe they'll sell off the good stuff.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:12 PM   #888  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

OMG. I cannot even think about tomorrow. I have to go set up for the fundraiser. Then Will has a birthday party to attend IN THE SAME NEIGHBORHOOD. So I will take him, and hopefully DH will go get him. Then we have the fundraiser. That is four trips in one day to the same neighborhood. How crazy is that? 16 miles round trip.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:15 PM   #889  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post
Tonight is dinner and a movie night so he announced we are going out to Red Robin and going to see Iron Man afterwards...

Off to Daily Plate to see what I can have being that I have over 500 calories left for the day...
Good luck with Red Robin--not the most diet-friendly place in the world I think they just pretty recently added nutritional info to their website, so there might not be a lot of it in The Daily Plate yet. But it is on their website (FINALLY!)--I was annoyed by them for a long time for not having nutritional info available.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #890  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Newlyweds.....We are going to eat pizza as fast as we can, wash kids (who gratefully are not too dirty today), everyone jump in the truck. he is going to drop me at Trader Joe's while he gets the oil changed in the truck, pick me up and back home (hopefully with sleeping kids).
heh, we're not even newlyweds yet (engaged), and our Friday night looks like some dinner at home (leftovers) followed by some Wii boxing for my exercise for today, then cleaning of the kitchen counters because we're having a new over-the-range microwave installed tomorrow. Fun times!
Old 05-02-2008, 04:20 PM   #891  

Quote:
OMG. I cannot even think about tomorrow. I have to go set up for the fundraiser. Then Will has a birthday party to attend IN THE SAME NEIGHBORHOOD. So I will take him, and hopefully DH will go get him. Then we have the fundraiser. That is four trips in one day to the same neighborhood. How crazy is that? 16 miles round trip.
I totally forget to tell you when I was catching up on your blog today that Will is such a cutie! He looked pretty excited about losing that tooth.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:26 PM   #892  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiedieter View Post
I totally forget to tell you when I was catching up on your blog today that Will is such a cutie! He looked pretty excited about losing that tooth.

He can be yours for a small but reasonable fee. Better photo here http://openpath.blogspot.com/ I accept Paypal. Number two tooth came out yesterday.

Last edited by onthetee; 05-02-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:33 PM   #893  

S/C/G: 233.5/219.5/180

Height: 6 foot

Default We RULE

I just wanted to jump in and see if anyone else has noticed our posts in our thread compared to the other teams. We have 891 posts Go BLUE!!!! and the closest team to us is the Red Team at 600

Just some good competitive energy coming your way, and one more reason why the Blue Team is the Best!!

GO BLUE!!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 04:48 PM   #894  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyRN View Post
I just wanted to jump in and see if anyone else has noticed our posts in our thread compared to the other teams. We have 891 posts Go BLUE!!!! and the closest team to us is the Red Team at 600
It may just mean we all have unhealthy relationships with technology. I know I do.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:52 PM   #895  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Yep, Melissa....we do love to chat!

My exciting evening?....mind you, this is after 15 years of "wedded bliss."
1) Dinner at the cheap mexican restaurant where DD's will probably squabble over who gets to do all of the talking.
2) Quick stop by Kroger to pick up necessary grocery items where I will try to ride herd on the clan to make sure we don't purchase unnecessary expensive junk that is totally off plan for Mommy & Daddy and throws our budget out of the window.
3) Next, a fun filled evening of watching Tivo....Lost and Moonlight. Then, I will go to bed...probably by myself...while Hubby stays up to the wee hours of the night to play on-line poker.
4) Tomorrow?...I will be up early to play referee to the DD's numerous certain arguments while attempting to make my house look like we haven't been robbed! All while Hubby sleeps in til noon.

Don't you love my exciting romantic life? Michelle...enjoy your dinner and the movies. That has always been one of my favorite dates. Follow that up with a visit to Barnes & Noble and you have reached perfection!
Old 05-02-2008, 04:55 PM   #896  

Quote:
He can be yours for a small but reasonable fee. Better photo here http://openpath.blogspot.com/ I accept Paypal. Number two tooth came out yesterday.
Only if you take an 11 year old as a trade-in.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:57 PM   #897  
Accepting who she is

Darling team leader....

In my race packet today, I have a $15 off for the VA Beach 1/2 Marathon. Do I need to get that in the mail to you?
Old 05-02-2008, 05:00 PM   #898  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
That has always been one of my favorite dates. Follow that up with a visit to Barnes & Noble and you have reached perfection!
Ya gotta end the night with the hot monkey love!

Dee--no thanks. As long as Will does not have dairy (which totally wrecks his behavior), I adore him.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:07 PM   #899  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

chellez
Were you referring to calipers? That test couldn't be accurately performed on me IMHO, due to the amount of excess skin. If you ever get a chance to see TBL season 1, they actually did this (in fact they based your bodyfat changes in the finale). I know there are various weighs of measuring bodyfat, even by using online calculators, but from what I have read, and heard hydrostatic weighing is the weigh...er way to go.

dixiedieter

Call it bodybuilding, weight training, weight lifting, etc. My goal is to become fit (not fat). In order to burn more calories, you have to build up muscle. My journey started with me asking my Dr for advice on what I should do at the gym, so it was very basic movements with weights/machines. I then had a few sessions with a personal trainer, and she taught me techniques. I then hooked up with another trainer (in a weird turn of events), and she provided me free PT for a couple months. She taught me form, etc. She taught me Circuit Weight Training (incorporating treadmill between sets to keep the heart rate elevated to burn more fat). I then started to read Arnold Schwarzenegger's Bible of Bodybuilding. I figured if anyone knew how to work out with weights, Ahhhhnold does. I started to read fitness magazines, to learn more about nutrition, supplementation, etc. I then was looking for a DVD that showed how to do routines with weights, and I came across an excellent 4 DVD (previously 10 VHS) produced by Joe Weider. So to answer your question, I can't. I wanna be healthy, I wanna be fit. I wanna have a nice body. I don't want to be a bodybuilder, I think the men/women look fugly. I do train using the bodybuilding techniques. My 13" pythons won't win any competitions! I want to see 199 on the scale, so I am doing what needs to be done. As I stated, if I learn my bodyfat is near/at fit range, then I will re-evaluate my program. My PT friend has discussed with me on how I can accomplish this.

If I missed anyone elses post, I am sorry, as I didn't read through all 6+ pages since I posted. Seeing that this is my 3rd post of the day, I have said more here today then I did the past 2 weeks!
Old 05-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #900  
Have you had The Surgery?

S/C/G: 510/225.4/199

Height: 69.09"

By the way, if anyone is interested. I mentioned Circuit Weight Training (CWT). The way I was taught, the sessions lasted an hour. I then read TBL's Fitness book, and they discuss CWT (minus the cardio between sets). In TBL they say you start with your shoulders, and work your way down. So, between what my PT taught me, and TBL, I developed my own routine.

1. Start with warmup on treadmill. In the beginning I set it for 5 mins, with 1.5 min cool down. I changed that to 6, and attempt to see 100 calories burned on the display. I will cut the treadmill short if I reached this goal.

2. Workout on shoulders for about 10 mins. Doing 2-3 exercises (to point of fatigue).

3. See number 1

4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 Work on Back, chest, triceps, biceps/forearms, core (abs/lower back), legs (glutes, quads, hammies, calf's).

5, 7, 9, 11, 13. See number 1

I then take a 5 min cold shower, and then peddle home.

This CWT can take between 2.5-2.75 hours.

When on treadmill, I play around with setting. I will do a manual adjustment and have a constant incline. Or I will have it set for random inclines. On my 3-4th trip to the TM, I relax and go about 3.5mph, 0% incline. Burning only 50 calories.

By the way, I purchased a nice Heart Rate monitor from Big5, you wear a belt on your chest, and you have the watch. In the 2.5 hours, I burn off a total of 1700 calories, with my HR averaging 69%.

When doing CWT, you only want to do it every other day. On the other days, I will do 2 hours of cardio