Old 05-03-2008, 06:26 PM   #991  

S/C/G: 189/164/135

Height: 5'3"

How do you put quotes from several people into one msg ?

Paula
Old 05-03-2008, 06:48 PM   #992  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freem06 View Post
How do you put quotes from several people into one msg ?

Paula
Yeah it's handy when you want to quote more than one person as you're reading along! You click the "+" button to the right of the "quote" button on each of the posts you want to quote and then when you are ready on the last one you click the "quote" button... all of the posts should then show up to reply to. It does enter the entire postfrom the person you are quoting, so you do have to go back and take out everything except for what you want to comment on.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:51 PM   #993  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Woohoo! We finally got an over-the-range microwave installed! Now I can get my big old microwave off my counter and have more counter space I am SO excited--I feel so domestic, getting all excited about an appliance Here I am, already planning what we'll replace with NEXT year's income tax return! Jeff wants to replace the washer and dryer, but I want to replace the refrigerator...
Old 05-03-2008, 06:59 PM   #994  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariarose View Post
Thanks for website!

When I was at CVS this morning, I saw a little tomato gardening kit made for kids (which is about my gardening skill level!) that comes with a pot, some soil and some seeds. It said it can grow 200 tomatoes in a sunny spot, and was like $5.99. Do these sorts of things work? Would they be actual edible tomatoes? And how can 200 tomatoes from such a tiny pot? (Sorry i guess it is obvious I grew up in cities...)
How little/big? Like a 5 gallon? I know our grape tomato plants easily produce 200+ tomatoes, but they are about 2.5-3 feet tall and very wide. I'd go to a nursery instead and buy the tomato seedlings and grow them in at least a 5 gallon container. I'm sure there's lots of websites about container gardening too!
Old 05-03-2008, 08:08 PM   #995  
lost in translation

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
How little/big? Like a 5 gallon? I know our grape tomato plants easily produce 200+ tomatoes, but they are about 2.5-3 feet tall and very wide. I'd go to a nursery instead and buy the tomato seedlings and grow them in at least a 5 gallon container. I'm sure there's lots of websites about container gardening too!
Grape tomatos would make sense, but it said beefsteak tomatoes...weird. You are right I am better off going to a nursery and asking the people who work there what I need!

Arghh going out and I only have 300 calories left for dinner! We'll be getting communal bar food though, probably, so no one will notice if I just have a bit.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:13 PM   #996  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

Hey guys i have some great news and im super excited We are going to have a little holiday I havent been on a holiday since 1996 when me and John went to the goldcoast in queensland..

After that we just never had the money to be able to go anywhere.. So John comes home thursday and we are going Friday morning lol.. My kids are so excited they have never been on a holiday b4 .. and im really excited to . We are going up the river to stay in a cabin .. its about a hour and a half drive to a lovely little town called Mannum on the murray river .. The car i have had the last 7 years simply would not have made the trip.. lol It was unreliable .. but then it is a 1986 meteor so we just couldnt trust it enough to go away in it.. But since my hubby started working away he has bought me a new car i now have a 2001 toyota corolla

This is a picture i took just b4 i bought it hubby was away wheni bought it so i had to take pictures for him b4 i bought it.. I have never had a nice car b4 so im very happy to have it .. and now we can go on holidays .. Its doesnt brake down every 5 minutes .. lol my other car i went no further then about 10kms from my house in.. I was stuck to go no where i couldn't. walk home from.. and got into the habit of staying home all the time.. and only going from Camerons school to the local shjops and home again.. I still am doing the same thing lol.. I have been stuck in the same old unreliable Car for 8 years.. and a 8 year habit is a hard one to break.. lol IM a really nice wife really.. lol to Buy the corolla i sold my husbands utility lol...
I was driving it but it only has the front seat and you cant hardly fit the two kids in it.. Leah has to have a car seat and When i was using the ute she opened the door and fell out and the car seat fell on top on her, the ute was very high off the ground and she fell onto the concrete siding.. She really hurt herself i thought she had broken her leg. I had her checked but no breaks just a very swolllen sore leg that made her limp for 2 weeks and actualluy sit still for a few days lol..

So i sold the ute and bought the corolla and when hubby comes home he has to drive my unreliable meteor lol .. lucky he only comes home for a visit and takes it out maybe once or twice to go fishing..

So now we can go on holiday we are and yes you guessed it we are going up the river and taking the fishing rods lol.. In mannum there are the old paddle steamers and a ferry and a museum.. so the kids are going to love it.. the park we are staying in has a games room and an outside playground and the cabin we are in is perfect.. it has a view of the river but is a road and strip of land back from the river so the kids will be safe ..

lol for you guys a two day up the river is probably notbing but to me its so much we are a one income family so we just couldnt do it b4 the cabin is $98 a night and we are staying two nights . John and i discust then booked it last night .. yippee

Last edited by amouse; 05-03-2008 at 08:17 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #997  
Back in the Game

S/C/G: 132/125.2/120

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Moon Fairy...our dogs do look a lot alike! Lab and Collie, huh? That means big, right? Oh boy....I have my work cut out for me.
girleygirl...yes, my dog's just under 80 lbs at 4 yrs old.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:43 PM   #998  
Eating for two!

WOOHOO! After my whining about how difficult the exercise challenge was for the first week, I just completed it, plus an EXTRA 36 minutes (so I could get that lovely drink on the beach--make mine a virgin one, please, perhaps a nice fruity smoothie with a blob of whipped cream on top ).

I did a 2-mile Walk and Tone workout with Leslie Sansone and then a 30-minute "Shred" workout with Jillian Michaels. I had to modify a LOT of the movements in Jillian's workout because it's just not realistic for me to be getting up and down from the floor all the time--laying on my back on the floor really hurts my tailbone, even if I'm on a mat and even if it's only for a minute at a time. Anway, I did everything I could of the Jillian workout and still kept moving during the things I couldn't do along with them.

So, chelle, thanks for challenging me. I went from 0 exercise in the past I don't even know how many months, to over 300 minutes of exercise in 4 days Clearly, I needed this challenge! Good thing I'm competitive, right?
Old 05-03-2008, 08:47 PM   #999  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

I love Jillian's 30 Day Shred. It makes me sweat my butt off. I just cant do the jumping jacks or the jump rope..because my downstairs neighbors would kill me!!!

Has anyone see the movie Silk?? I'm thinking of ordering it On Demand tonight..But I'm not sure. I wanna see Becoming Jane too. I dunno if dh will let me order 2 movies tonight, and he takes too long to email me back.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #1000  
No excuses this time!

S/C/G: 279/249/154

That's exciting Amy!! Have fun going to Mannum!!!

You have gotta love your kids when they wake up and say "Can I watch the video with the bones?" "Huh?!" - I said. "You know the bones video...." After trying to think of dinosaur videos and questioning about "bones"... I realised he was refering to my weights and he wanted to watch the Walk Away the Pounds, whilst mummy worked out LOL

So I got up and WATP. My friends and I are going out for lunch today. I am thinking of a nice salad with some chicken breast on the side.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:11 PM   #1001  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

lmao vanessa .. must be a entertaining workout of a 4 yo wants to watch it lol.. that is really cute though, have great a lunch..

jilly you rock i knew you could do it after that first day when you decided to show us all can i sit next to you at the beach??? lol

Last edited by amouse; 05-03-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:19 PM   #1002  
Eating for two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
I love Jillian's 30 Day Shred. It makes me sweat my butt off. I just cant do the jumping jacks or the jump rope..because my downstairs neighbors would kill me!!!
Yeah, I couldn't do the things on the floor, and I couldn't do the bouncing around cardio stuff, either, because furniture and lamps and candles were jiggling around and falling off shelves and whatnot So I had to improvise quite a bit, but at least I was moving!
Old 05-03-2008, 09:36 PM   #1003  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

jillybean720- I agree about Jillians' shred work out, way too much up and down, and I do have back problems as well. Here is my problem, I have to do a *#*&%$ - 17 - minute workout now so that I can get a badge for this week - can you tell I am not too happy about it!!!! =( ... I already worked out 65 minutes today (aerobics class), which is crazy, I am not going to be able to move tomorrow as it is! Well, in honor of YOU JILLYBEAN, I am going to find something, yoga or something, anything, to do the extra damn 20 minutes in honor of how you kicked *** this week!

I did do HOURS of house cleaning, but I am not counting that - workout minutes (for me) is something that I am doing MAINLY to lose weight and be healthy. I would have done the housework if I wasn't trying to lose weight - so that doesn't count for me....

RobinW-
You use the weight that Chellez has posted for you on our weigh in list http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140925
yours is 267

NORI-
Thanks for the AWESOME Farmers Market Link, there is one by my house that will start in June on Saturdays, I CAN'T WAIT FOR GOOD and FRESH FRUIT AND VEGGIES......yummy!!!

Last edited by vixjean; 05-03-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #1004  
I was born this way hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Yeah, I couldn't do the things on the floor, and I couldn't do the bouncing around cardio stuff, either, because furniture and lamps and candles were jiggling around and falling off shelves and whatnot So I had to improvise quite a bit, but at least I was moving!
I sort of bounce without moving my feet and I just wave my arms. I'm sure I look like an idiot, because I sure feel like one doing that. LOL!! I sorta cant do the floor stuff because theres not a lot of room in my living room. I have to literly move everything out of the way. But I do like the crunches. I wish the whole dvd was just on that, lol. Well..maybe not..
Old 05-03-2008, 09:54 PM   #1005  
I was born this way hey!

How many calories are in 2 scrambled eggs? And whats the serving size on that??

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 05-03-2008 at 09:54 PM.