Old 03-21-2008, 11:14 AM   #16  
Black Team TBL-WMB

S/C/G: 177/173/140

Height: 5'6'

thank you ahill1979 for that link andon the race .
every one .
Old 03-21-2008, 11:15 AM   #17  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Red face

I wish I could get mine tested too. I asked my doc the last time I went and the nurse said they didn't have the thingy. I think when I call to make an appt next time I will request it then and see if they have one, lol! I'll force these peeps to buy one. I mean they are a doctors office for Christ's sake, you'd think they would have one. Back in the day before Matt came along and I was training to be an aerobics instructor, I was a size 7 but I weighed 145, and I was not fat at all. i was all muscle, so the scale really doesn't know squat!

Anywho, I got both fella's home today for the Easter Holiday. It's already shaping up to be a bootiful day. We may go fishing or something. Right now Jess is working on the lawn mower because believe it or not, our grass already needs to be cut. The grass is actually greener right now than it was all last summer, due to the drought. But all it's done is rain and snow a little this winter, so the grass is so pretty. Did y'all see that moon last night? gorgeous! I know I am gonna go for a Walk at some point because I have 35 more eggs to find today!

Last edited by Diva; 03-21-2008 at 11:16 AM.
Old 03-21-2008, 11:58 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 262/see ticker/153

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahill1979 View Post
Julz---I am so impressed with your loss of body fat %. Do you just get it measured at your gym?

I just found out this morning that my dh, Mikella, and I got a spot in the Peachtree Road Race!

Thanks! Yeah, the gym has that machine thingee, I'm not sure how exactly it works....lol.

Congrats on the race!!!!! Sounds like fun!
Old 03-21-2008, 11:59 AM   #19  

and I had to post again because we're almost ahead of the other teams in post counts
Old 03-21-2008, 12:00 PM   #20  

Diva - I have to say that I smile at all of your posts! You have such a great attitude, I love it!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 12:18 PM   #21  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonJulz View Post
Diva - I have to say that I smile at all of your posts! You have such a great attitude, I love it!!!
Ahem....getting my Elvis voice....Thank you, Thank you very much!
Old 03-21-2008, 12:36 PM   #22  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Yay! I was so excited about getting in the PRR that I went and walked/ran on the treadmill. I never work out in the morning. It felt really good to do it. I am already looking forward to running again tonight.

Diva, I love your attitude too. Girl, you don't know how many times you have motivated me to get up off of my butt just because of how positive you are. Have fun fishing or whatever you do today. I haven't been fishing in forever. Need to do that soon.

Have a great day everyone.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:37 PM   #23  
Manda

S/C/G: 304.5/165/149

Height: 5'2"

Oh and I forgot to tell you guys that I bought an ipod nano last night and I am going to go and buy a new pair of running shoes and the nike+ sensor today. I am excited about being able to use it to train for the PRR. Do any of you use the whole Nike+ ipod set up when you run?
Old 03-21-2008, 01:01 PM   #24  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahill1979 View Post
I just found out this morning that my dh, Mikella, and I got a spot in the Peachtree Road Race!
Congratulations! Please let us know how it goes. I considered trying to participate, but I chickened out. Maybe next year. I'm looking forward to hearing all about it.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:08 PM   #25  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Hey new thread! Lol! How's it hanging, team?

Manda- Man that is cool about your race! I wanna be in a race! I run funny though so I don't think it's in my future, but go you!

Diva- You are funny to me! Sure you have a great attitude and you're generally positive, but you just make me laugh! So thanks!

Julz- Are we winning yet? I'm going to check NOW!

I officially got rid of my car. :-( It's all done. I get my "new" car today, but I really don't like it as much as my old one. Oh well... I bet I'll learn to love it. I'm hoping to go out tonight and DANCE! Dance is my one true passion in life... I love it! So I hope to go out tonight and burn some major calories. Then tomorrow, I don't know if any of you know this, is National Corn Dog Day! (The first Saturday of March Madness every year...) So me and my DBF might go to a celebration. Not sure yet. I do love corn dogs... but I'll make sure not to eat too many! I do have a team to keep in mind! Have a great weekend ya'll! Happy Easter!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 02:19 PM   #26  
Finding My Bliss

S/C/G: Fit & Fat!

Height: Tall & Strong, Baby!

I am off to a volunteer orientation with DD then to Lane Bryant to buy a size 20 dress (that's right! SIZE 20, down from a 26/28!!!). I will be volunteering at DD's show tonight (it closes this weekend) and am trying to find out what to do about dinner. Failing to plan is planning to fail and all that jazz!

I am glad your headache is gone, Sally.

I hope you come to love your new car, Michie (I sent you a PM!).

Ahill, congrats on the upcoming marathon with your DH!

London, which cleanse kit did you get? Let me know when you are starting. I have a whole body cleanse I am starting after this weekend (maybe I'll do it April 1).

Diva, good for you for speaking up to those people at the Dr.'s office. You NEED your meds! Col turkey is NOT an option!!! What freaks!

Have a great day, team!
Old 03-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #27  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Red face

Thanks everyone. I'm actually a lil' bit surprised y'all think I'm funny. I always thought I came off as (b)itchy, lol!

I feel sooooooooooooooo lazy today, and I haven't gotten that walk in yet. Maybe later. I am actually feeling like a nap.

Last edited by Diva; 03-21-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:46 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 212/190'ish/125

Height: 5' 2"

Manda - Your race sounds FUN! I'd kill to be anywhere near Atlanta at this very moment. I think the Ipod Nano & the sensor in your shoe is an amazing invention. Haven't used it, but I am shopping for a good HRM that calculates caloreis burned.

Diva - DH and I want to go trout fishing this weekend but I'm not going if it's raining or snowing. I'm a fair weather fishy-girl!

Julz - Awesome job on losing so much body fat. That's what really matters. Not the # on the scale. I've seen those calipers they use on ebay. I wonder how much $$ they are and if they're hard to use.

Michie - My mouth watered reading about the corn dogs. It's been years since I've eaten a corn dog. YUM!!! Have fun!

Soul - Have fun buying your new, smaller dress!!

I'm SICK of winter and I'm SICK of sickness. I have had a kid home sick nearly every school day for three straight weeks. Four trips to the doctor and it's always . . . "It's a virus, call us in a week and pay us for another office visit if he isn't better." SCREEEEEEAMMMMMMM!!!

It's snowed 5 of the last 6 days. 4" new just today. Did I mention I'm SICK of winter???

Going to Bunco tonight and plan on drinking a lil too much!!!
Old 03-21-2008, 05:02 PM   #29  

ggmugsy - My gym uses this body fat thingee (how do you like that techical term... ) http://www.comforthouse.com/ombodfatan.html
It's REALLY easy to use. You just put in your age, weight, height, build, and gender.... then you hit "start" and hold it out in front of you and let it do it's thing.

soul - I got one called "First Cleanse" by Renew Life. It's for people who have never cleansed before (it's gentler). It's a total body cleanse that helps to clean your liver, lungs, lymphatic system, skin, blood and bowel (aka colon). I haven't started it yet because I might be pregnant Yes, I see the looks of shock on all of your faces. Long story short, my cycles tend to go 26 days one month, 30 days the next month, 26 days the next month 30 days the next month, etc etc. Well, around my predicted ovulation date I had some spotting (nothing big at all, just a little bit but the same thing happend when I got pregnant with our son... it was the blood from where the egg implanted itself in the lining of the uterus). This month was supposed to be a 26 day cycle which means I should have started 2 days ago. I'll give it another few days just in case my cycle decided to act up and be a 30 day cycle 2 months in a row this time around. Took a PG test today and it came up negative. If I haven't started in the next 3 days or so, I'll take another one. If it's still negative I'll need to set up a doc appointment to see what the deal is. So......... I'm holding off on starting my cleanse until I find out if I'm with child or not.

michie - I haven't checked lately to see the count.... lol. I was just happy we were ahead for a little bit. The other teams are just a bunch of chatty kathys (I mean that in the nicest way.... it's a good thing!) Congrats on your new car! Sounds exciting. How'd your mid-terms go?

Last edited by LondonJulz; 03-21-2008 at 05:02 PM.
Old 03-21-2008, 05:26 PM   #30  
Time to get back on track

S/C/G: 295/295/150

Height: 5'8

Soulbliss- This may be a little too late, but my favorite fast food place is Chik-Fil-A! Their grilled chicken salad is so simple and good! Yum! I may have to make a trip over there... ah man! It's Good Friday! Dangit.. no meat for me today!

Julz- Holy Smokes girly! That is super exciting! Even if you're not.. the thought of being preggers must be thrilling. Are you planning on reproducing anytime soon? Keep us posted!

ggmusby- I too hope to have too much to drink tonight! Well... enough to drink.. so I can dance better! That happens, right?