Old 05-01-2007, 09:38 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post

Weekly Team Topic: What rituals or good luck charms do you do or keep around you on/before weigh in day?
I empty my bladder and wear the least amount of clothes as possible without freezing. I always step on first with my right foot.I also have to weight the same thing 2 days in a row before I change my ticker. (either Saturday and Sunday or Sunday and Monday)

I stayed completely on plan yesterday and stayed with in calorie range. i have also a 2 hour workout underneith my belt this morning no I am off to shower and clean up my babies.

Does anyone here know hoe many steps a day the recomend I just found my pedometer after a year and i cannot remeber?
Old 05-01-2007, 11:00 AM   #182  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Okay I wrote a long post this morning and it disappered so this is going to have to be quick! I just wanted to say even though we didn't win this week we lost over 40lbs as a team, and that is something to be really proud of! I feel really motivated this challange and looking forward to actually reaching my goal this time around! Keep up all your good work ladies! Well I am off to pick up the house and keep the laundry rolling before I have to pick up my little man from school! I hope you all are having beautiful weather also! Have a wonderful day ladies!
Old 05-01-2007, 01:50 PM   #183  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

I promise to show a loss for the team next week! No fair just standing still in this challenge, right??? So far, so good...I only have .5 to lose before I'm back at square one. (The weekend was WAY off plan!) Almost there!
Old 05-01-2007, 03:28 PM   #184  
PCOS'er going Low GI

Height: 5'1

Hi everyone!
Happy Tuesday. It's raining here and cold in Toronto - it's only 9 degrees today - thats 48 degrees for all the americans. I just finished the boot camp workout in the biggest loser. I liked it but it's challenging. I didn't use weights this time - last time I did the strength and sculpt with 5lb weights and I couldn't move for 3 days!!! I love at the end of the stretch when Bob says "I'm so proud of you"

My ritual before I get on the scale is to get as naked as possible and tell myself that even if it's higher than expected, not to let that de-motivate me to stop the plan of action. A gain can sometimes send one into a tailspin of defeat and directly to the fridge!

Canadian Mom - on the YOU on a diet plan they recommend at least 10,000 steps per day and I think that is pretty standard across the board -anyone please feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

Have a good evening ladies. I am taking my two year old to see the Raptors tonight - hope we win or we are out of the playoffs!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 03:39 PM   #185  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Afternoon ladies
Today I took the day off from exercising. My back is killing me from the cramps from hades even with Advil. But I'm doing well with water and food.
The weather here today has been in the 60's, grey with scattered showers. But the rain is suppose to clear out and it'll be nice the rest of the week.

Chellez~ I just started WW on 2 April. So tomorrow is 1 month and I've lost a total of 9lbs.

Jen~ 10,000 steps is what is recommended.

Weekly Team Topic: What rituals or good luck charms do you do or keep around you on/before weigh in day?

When I weighed at home, I weighed in the mornings naked.
Now with WW I just take my shoes off and cross my fingers.

I hope everyone has a good evening. I'm going to go lay down and relax a bit before getting dinner going.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #186  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

Before weighing, I pee, spit, clip my nails, shave my head, and take my contacts out. Heh. And yes, I'm kidding about all but the first one.

Truthfully, I try to WI before lunch, around mid-morning, before my morning snack, if I can. I do wear jeans most times, but I try to choose the lightest of my jeans that are clean. Shoes come off, as does any heavy jewelry and any cardigan or blazer I might be wearing. I try not to sweat too much over a tiny fluctuation in my weight, as I know if it's a clothing-based gain, that it'll even itself out over time.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #187  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

I weight in @ home on a WW scale that I am not sure works or not. The damn thing seems stuck between 201 and 198....What's up with that? LOL! Anyways, I "try" to only weigh myself once a week and it's usually in the morning after a good number 2 and before breakfast.

Today I did:

10 minutes warm up and stretching
10 minutes low impact Aerobic's
40 minutes High impact Aerobic's
a few crunches.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #188  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

OMG!!!!!

My randomness is due to my true excitement. I just got home from my WW meeting and I felt like the star of the show....

I lost 6.8 pounds in my first week!

That puts me at a smooth 190 so I need to bump it up this week to get into my mid 80s!

PS: I totally forgot today was the first of the month thus time for invoicing at my work. So I didn't get time to work on the exercise challenge at work but I'll be jumping on it promptly after dinner since Idol wont be that great this week!

PPS: I told my WW meeting leader about the Blue Team's excellent loss this week! She was so thrilled!

PPPS: I was totally wearing all blue today and didn't even notice til I got to the meeting and everyone else was wearing pink! I'll take a new progress picture tonight in my blueness so you can see!

Ok I think I'm done for now.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:19 PM   #189  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Guuuurrrrllllll....The ONLY reason I am even watching Idol tonight is because Jon Bon Jovi is going to be on! He is so HOT!!!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:23 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Thanks sassykay & cathy. That is what I thought but wanted to make sure. i am good I get that just from my exercise.

chellez You get on it lol

WOW not many people post I am surprised.

Well 1 week down many more to go. I sucked this week but dear old TOM can do it to you.
WE WILL KICK BUTT or at least lose some of those unneeded extra pounds!!!!
Old 05-01-2007, 08:27 PM   #191  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

ok I confess....I watched the first few on idol...

Going to post a poll for the exercise challenge! Make sure you sound off!
Old 05-01-2007, 10:21 PM   #192  
lisa

S/C/G: 209.5/193/135

Height: 5'2"

Hello Ladies!

Diva-My scale sticks around 198-195lbs! It is also a weight watcher scale! Maybe it is their way of getting people to join(they make their scales stick after a certain amt of weight loss) Ha Ha. LOL. If I can get to 189 I would be jumpin' for joy!

Did someone say water challenge??? Yeah!

chellez,
Congrats on the big weight loss!

Ritual for weighing in: Naked, mid morning, after workout and peeing. All on Sunday morning. During the week I do step on the scale naked but not as concerned with the details./

IDOL was awesome!!
Tomorrow will be even better!

Ate junk for dinner. Got home from baseball game and cooked burgers on grill. Had cheese and a few chips and toss salad with FF dressing at 8pm. Now it is 10:21pm and am going to bed.

Have a good day tomorrow and good night my friends,
Lisa
Old 05-02-2007, 12:48 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3.5"

Today wasn't too bad. I made some not so awesome food choices. There was a babyshower for a co-worker, lots of snacky food...I did way better than I would have before, but still not awesome. But I did go to the gym tonight after a 2 month hiatus! I could have, and should have, worked myself harder. I don't feel sore right now and that makes me mad, it almost just feels like I wasted my time. I'm going again on Thursday with my friends, and then on Tuesday I get to see my new trainer (I didn't end up seeing him today cause bf hadn't done the body fat testing and stuff that they do at first), so hopefully he'll exercise my *** off. Literally.

My weigh-in ritual: Try to get 8 hours of sleep (if I don't get 8 hours I don't take the weight seriously, I'm not sure why), get up, go pee, and then weigh-in in the nude.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:00 AM   #194  
Domestic Engineer

WTG, CHellez!!
I had a decent day- another 6:15 wake up with my 15 minute t-tapp workout and then 25 minutes doing Dance Dance Revolution. I also walked to the school council meeting tonight which was about a mile.

Eating was good too. I just need a few more good days under my belt, but I'm feeling back in control and hoping to see a great loss this week.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:50 AM   #195  
PCOS'er going Low GI

Height: 5'1

Chellez - you are a STAR!!! Way to go woman!

We went to the Raps game last night and had a blast. My DH works for the team so we went to cheer him on - ha. They won!!!
I managed to eat dinner before I went and didn't snack at all. Not even a bite of pizza that I gave to my son at the game! They gave me two slices for the price of one because they said the first one looked smallish. THEY WERE HUGE! Forunately my friend who came with us ate one of the slices. My 33 month old ate half and I threw the other half out - normally I would have eaten it.

It's a beautiful sunny day here so I think I can get out with the boys for a walk today! Maybe even try another session with Bob! Hope you all are having a great day!