Old 04-23-2007, 04:44 PM   #31  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chellez View Post

I haven't jumped on the scale since Friday but I dont think I'll loose any this week since Aunt Flow seems to like these challenges as well.
You and me both Chellez!!! Seems like the ole witch was waiting! I figure at least I'm getting it out of the way right off, the rest of the month should be a breeze!

Hope the rest of your day goes well for ya!
Old 04-23-2007, 08:07 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

well I guess I better introduce myself I am a SAHM of 4. 3 girls (10,9 and 21/2) and 1 boy(4). I am a calorie counter but didn't satrt out that way ay first I just tried to change the way I ate then when I stopped losing I started counting. I aim for 1400-1600 but try to not go over 1800 on those days I am extra hungry.
As for exercise I do free weights and floor exercises every second day and cardio everyday I try to work out 90-120 minsa day (wich some days includes talking the younger kids for a up the road).

I don't think I forgot anything!

It has been georgous here lately so I have been outside and just gotr around to posting
Old 04-23-2007, 09:54 PM   #33  
consistent

S/C/G: 227.8/216.2/210 challenge goal

Height: 5'7"

Default choosie checkin' in!

Hey, Blue!

I'm so happy to be here, hello to friends from last time and to the new friends, too.

My program is kind of evolving...I journal my food, walk/run 45 minutes 5 times a week. OH..I'm 49, married to this wonderful good natured goofball who can find humor in anything, we have 3 female cats and 2 female youngish Aussies, and I'm a career fed.

My hobbies are writing, obedience training (the dogs, not my husband), reading, and I'm an adult literacy tutor. Also, all the shuffling and moving is taking up a bunch of time...really how DO we fit in jobs (and/or kids)?

We have some serious losers in our group already....congratulations! I look at your numbers and feel inspired and hopeful.

Yay! Let's go!

choosewell

Last edited by choosewell; 04-23-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 04-23-2007, 10:33 PM   #34  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

evening ladies! I'm watching heroes and coming to after class. Its 10:20 and I'm controlling my urge to get a late night snack! Hopefully watching this show will get me over it.

Oh the commercials are all food!

So here's what I had today:

3 eggs
1 Healthy Choice Meal 1 green pepper 1 slice of cheese
1 special k bar
1 grilled chicken sandwich
1/2 bag of skittles <--- my cheater snack in class
32 oz of water <--- this needs improvement!

Ooo! Text message brb!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:48 AM   #35  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Hope everyone had a great, OP day. I did okay, but not great. Tomorrow will be a better day!
Old 04-24-2007, 02:57 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 195/195/145

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm so excited Now that our busy season is officially over at work (phew), I have more time to focus on me and prepare healthy meals rather than buying crappy food from the staff room.
My plan isn't really anything too intricate. I'm trying to write down everything I eat, eat healthier (more veggies, more wholegrain, less processed), and keep it under 1500 calories. So far not so good, but today seriously felt like a new day for me. The stress at work was way down, I spent the night at home doing nothing, which was so nice (even though I need to clean). I also ate healthier (though I had a slurpee...need to kick that little addiction in the butt. It seems like as soon as it starts to get warm every year I become a slurpee addict). My exercise plan is to walk as much as I can (possibly start wearing my pedometer again if I can find it), go to the gym at least once a week with my trainer, hopefully more like 2 or 3 times, but I'll work my way up there. Water I'm not too worried about, I already drink 2 litres of it a day on average, and if I don't I get really dehydrated (which seriously makes me super cranky), so as long as I keep doing that I'm happy. Might up it to 3 litres, but we'll see how it goes.
I guess that's all for now. Good luck everyone, we're gonna kick some butt!
Old 04-24-2007, 07:51 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 283/273/180

Height: 5'7

Morning!
Well yesterday was awesome for me. I woke up earlier, worked out, ate a lot less... moved more.. even avoided the home made mac n cheese I made for my boyfriend and my daughter... i had a delicious salad instead... im lucky i LOVE veggies!! didnt eat a THING after dinner... I really wanted a WW lemon cake... only 1 pt. but the willpower is what I am working on... so I just didnt have it and i think i'll have it for a midday snack today...and woke up this morning to do it all over again... im ready for it.... feelin good and i know im gonna be down a few at weigh in...

Day one is over

hopefully everyone here is kickin butt..

Im feelin good ladies... hope you all are doin great.... keep it up!!!

Old 04-24-2007, 08:04 AM   #38  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

Alright ladies, how is everyone doing on this great Tuesday morning?

I'm prepared for a great, OP day!

I bought a pedometer yesterday and plan on getting a good days worth of steps in!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:32 AM   #39  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning Chickies!

Well I'm starting with a carb happy morning since I'll be working on a lot today. I managed to get down a grilled chicken biscuit (with a biscuit on the side ) and a cup of natural applesauce. We ran out of groceries last night so I had to improvise this morning! Hopefully we can get out to Wal Mart tonight to buy at least a little something. So it looks like its a salad lunch for me today!

I did start out good with my water though... 16 oz already gone for the day.

I'm going to go look at Weight Watchers again today. I think theres a free meeting pass on their website so I may do that before i jump in head first and not like it.

I talked to Hun.e.b and some of the ideas she has for side challenges are:
  • which team can drink enough water to fill a swimming pool first
  • exercise "miles" challenge
I prefer the miles challenge because its easier to track. But really it's up to you guys and what you really want to do...

Got any input? Are there other fun ways of tracking stuff that we are missing? Fill me in!

Well I'm going to head off for awhile and get my articles done for my business class so i dont have to worry about them later. I'll be off and on so if you need me just call!
Old 04-24-2007, 08:41 AM   #40  
consistent

Default pedometers

Hiya!
Since BlackCherry and jennylou mentioned pedometers, I thought I'd tell you about my favorite one. I've had a pedometer on my hip for eternity, so I've had good ones and bad ones, this one is good...it's the Omron Digital Premium Pedometer HJ-112, and it's on sale right now at drugstore.com for $23.99, cheap!

What I love about this one is:
It counts regular, activity steps and also counts aerobic steps. After 10 minutes of aerobic exer (gym bike, walking, jogging/running) it goes back and credits you with those steps, then it adds steps every minute thereafter. If you're having a hard time losing weight and you already put 10K steps on your pedometer, this might be the problem.

What else? Mmmm...it has a clock, calories burned, distance, and a 7 day memory for all of the functions (to work on consistency). It has a belt clip that stays, and also a safety strap. It counts steps clipped to your waistband or pocket, in your pocket, and in your bathrobe pocket (activity steps, I don't walk the dogs in my robe...yet!)

It's bulkier than the teeny peds, about the size of a small pager.

OK, that's my pitch, I love this little guy. Really helps me with goal setting and motivation.

Off to drink some water. And more coffee. I love coffee....

Hey! 3fc has a link for the same pedometer for $18.74, and that's cheep, cheep! http://www.3fatchicks.com/store.php

Last edited by choosewell; 04-24-2007 at 10:00 AM. Reason: found at better deal at 3fc that benefits the site!!
Old 04-24-2007, 09:48 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

Yesterday was bad for me The hubby brought me home a Tim Hortons Hot smootie (over 500 cals there) amd i also wnet overboard on chips so the scale did not like me this morning I hope it is from all the sodium but unlikely my cals yesterday were at 2700 considerinf I do not like to go over 1800 this is bad. i hope to do better today i have plaanned my day so there is no flying by the seat of my pants.

Althought we did a lit of yardwork and it is Spring clean up time so we hauled our junk to the road for about 1:30 mins.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #42  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

DH gave me a pedometer in my Christmas stocking (I asked for one.... LOL, it wasn't a cruel hint from him!) but I still haven't used it. I know I am far below the 10,000 steps. I think I will start using it tomorrow. Not sure what brand it is....although I do think that it is like the one you described, Choosie - I don't actually have to clip it on me, I can just carry it.

Chellez - I exercise, so having an exercise-based challenge sounds good. Although - now that I think of it, the water challenge is different, kind of cool - given the "Spring into Summer" theme. We all drink water, not all of us exercise.

I just looked up the volume of water in a 12 foot round above ground pool, 4 ft deep - it came up to 13,572 gallons, or 1,737,216 ounces!!!!! Maybe I should pick a smaller pool! LOL - we'll never get there!........ OK, a 5 foot diameter kiddie pool at 2 feet deep is 1,178 gallons, or 150,784 ounces. Oh ****, Chellez, you are right - it's too confusing!!!!!
Old 04-24-2007, 11:56 AM   #43  
consistent

Kim, carry that little guy around with you, he'll be your New Best Friend.

Here's how we started the water challenge last time. candlemaker carried the torch after the halfway mark, she was the most consistent poster. Post-ess?
To help us on our weight loss journey, let's drink our old weights in water. In doing so, we'll get to our new, healthier weights!

Here's how I figured it:

7704.8 lbs start weight/8.34 lbs per gal of water = 924 gallons total for the Water Challenge.

924 gallons x 128 oz/gallon = 118,272 oz

118,272 oz a day/77 days (11 weeksx7 days left, about) = 1536 oz a day

1536 oz a day / 35 losers (approx) = 44 oz a day

Through the magic of this incredible team, this is achievable!

So, start with 118,272, and subtract your water as you drink it.
It's just one way, and I love the pool idea. Water is giving me the most challenge these days, maybe that would help!
Old 04-24-2007, 12:03 PM   #44  
Michelle on LAWL

Height: 5'0"

morning all..

one more night shift for this week... sigh..lol

i've been staying on plan.. but exercising after a 12 hour night shift is too exhausting for me... so i don't exercize during my rotation (although i'm sure i burn lots of calories just doing my regular nursing duties) i think i might go out and get one of those pedometers.. just for curiosity's sake... would be interesting to see how many steps i actually take on a shift.

i would love doing a water challenge. before i started LAWL i never drank water.. but right from the first day of my plan i've consistently had between 2 and 4 litres every day... thats 64 to 128 oz... its quite an accomplishment for me considering i used to hate drinking water... now i crave it

well ... off to bed i go... have a great OP day everyone... catch up with you all soon.
cheers! Michelle
Old 04-24-2007, 12:20 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 283/273/180

Height: 5'7

alright....I am liking the water challenge... mainly because I drink ODDLES of it I did weight watchers a couple years back and at one of our meetings we were told that you should drink half your body weight in oz. obviously if you weight 200 lbs you should be drinking a MIN. of 100 oz every day. so thats typically what I have been trying to do and can pretty much reach that goal pretty easy.

I also like the exercise challenge... but I would prefer to keep it VERY simple like a minute goal every week instead of monthly like Ive seen. but i'll go along with the majority on this one... Im here for myself and my team so why not try it all right??

so far today I have worked out a low impact this morning, walked my daughter to school which is 1 mi. round trip... did a butt load of yard work...which if you've seen my yard... LOTS of vegitation goin on... lots of upkeep. Ive drank 68 oz so far ( a side comment about water... my dr told me that if you drink quite a bit of lemon water it washes out our system and gives your kidneys a boost... maybe maybe not but ive been filling up my gallon pitcher with lemon slices and water and i'll go through a couple of those a day and ive felt great....) I set a mini goal of no eating at ALL after dinner and if i want a dessert its a small piece of fruit also NO POP which im a diet sunkist NUT in the warmer weather...if i do want a change of pace from the water i drink sugar free kool aid... walmart brand i think its GV great value or something like that has a really tasty one and unlike crystal light it has zero everyone.. no calories... but Im looking at this as a treat anyway and trying to only have it on occasion.

well Im off to check more things off my to do list today and plan on working out again tonight.

keep up the hard work ladies and remember that your day can start over anytime you want it to so if you slip up at any point dont LEAP off the wagon.... keep on truckin!!!!

Have a great day!!!