Old 04-25-2007, 10:38 AM   #61  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I was thinking maybe we could at the end of our posts like Chellez did all write something good we did for ourselves that day!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:43 AM   #62  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Cat - I have one of the 10 minute solution dvds. I thinks its a dancing one but it was going a little two fast for me. I still have my push dvds (which I haven't really touched since early last week) but I plan on getting back on them tonight if I get home from class at a decent time. I'm loving this new breath of fresh air I feel now that I've read over my material. I bought the monthly pass so I can go to multiple meetings a week and use the online tools for when I'm at work.

I'm curious to know how everyone fits in exercise with such busy schedules that we have in today's world.

Personally, I work 8 to 5 Mon to Fri, then go to school from 5:30 to 10:30 Mon to Thurs. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are my days to catch up and relax then it feels like it starts up all over in a flash!

Not to mention planning the wedding!

Speaking of which. Someone was curious about my wedding dress... I haven't bought it yet but I attached the one that I'm seriously considering.
You can find a better view of it here: Michelle's Wedding Dress!

My consultant at the Hampton store told me I was "broad backed" and that I would never get out of a 18W even if I lost weight. I went home and cried. So I gathered up my pride and went to a store in Virginia Beach and the girl there was much nicer and I ended up fitting into a 16! My goal is to lose about 20 pounds before the wedding (or 10% of my body weight) so I'm hoping that's doable. I still have to talk to my Leader at the meetings.

My goodness I'm in a chatty mood today. Maybe because I took a short nap?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f06_5268.jpg (6.0 KB, 14 views)
Old 04-25-2007, 11:17 AM   #63  
Michelle on LAWL

Height: 5'0"

chellez... thats a gorgeous dress!!

well i just got home from work... 4 days off... woohoo!! i'm hoping to get some exercize in today.. but that'll depend on how well i sleep. they are pressure washing our building today so its gonna be pretty noisy i'm sure. my NSV for today is... i've taken previously retired uniforms out of retirement... i haven't been able to wear them in about 1 - 2 years!! and my wedding rings are too big now.. i hurt my hand the other day and shook it and my rings fell off gonna have to get them sized i think.

gonna have my breakfast soon (LA slimdown meal replacement shake) then head off to bed in about a half hour or so... night shifts can be rough i tell ya... tends to slow the weight loss down too so i'm told... but i'm still losing pretty good so i'm not worried about that... as long as its coming off .. i'm a happy girl
Old 04-25-2007, 11:39 AM   #64  
PCOS'er going Low GI

Height: 5'1

I can't believe the sales person told you that Chellez. That will be great when you are thinner and pull a Pretty Woman - like Julia Roberts in the movie.

I don't know why I haven't felt that motivated lately. Perhaps its because it's the time of month but I am just not feeling myself. I will get on the treadmill this afternoon when the kids are napping. I either do my exercise then or I drag them out for a walk or I wait until my hubby gets home and do it then (that rarely happens because after running after the kids all day I am spent) I find the best is when I wake up early - before anyone is up and do it then. It's like anything though, you have to make it a part of your routine and then it just happens. It's VERY easy to get sidetracked though.

I got my friend in the US to buy me the Omron pedometer from the site as they don't ship to Canada. They cost $49.99 here in stores! I have been wanting one for a while and now with all the positive feedback it's been getting, I think it will keep me on track with steps and walking.

So far today I've been on track for food so that is a great thing!!

Have a great Wednesday!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 140/137/125

Height: 5'2.5"

My sister ran into a rude clerk while looking for her dress also. She went back another day and got a nicer girl who said the opposite of the first. The first one said she couldn't pull off the dress but the other clerk said it looked fine and the finally decision was Amy's anyways.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:05 PM   #66  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I love the dress Chellez and as long as you feel beautiful in it I say screw what any sales clerk says!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:06 PM   #67  
consistent

S/C/G: 227.8/216.2/210 challenge goal

Height: 5'7"

chellez, dump that mean consultant at the Hampton store. She doesn't know what she's talking about and the word on the street is she doesn't like herself so she can't be pleasant to anyone else. More to be pitied than scorned (as my mentor used to say). What a gorgeous dress, by the way! Your back is going to look beautiful in it, too.

SassyKay, keep us posted on the pedometer, and pm me if you have any questions about it. It helps that it gives me credit for "steps" on the bike at the gym. It's so motivating.

Cat - I like the 10 min solution DVDs, too...because I can easily convince myself that I can take it for 10 minutes. I end up linking 2 or 3 of the segments and doing more than planned. Thanks for reminding me about them...the kickboxing and the Pilates ones are my favorites.

I love the idea of the non-scale victories! I'll watch for those.

gotta get some water...choosewell

Last edited by choosewell; 04-25-2007 at 12:07 PM. Reason: add a dancer smilie
Old 04-25-2007, 12:15 PM   #68  

Hey all, Just stopping buy..

Doing good this week.. Stayed on plan for 3 days now.. after a bad weekend..
I am very happy being on the Blue team also..

As for the challenges: I find it hard to drink water.. (hate the taste.) Got to add something in it for me to drink it.. Or I will go with out and drink diet coke.. I know water ment to be good for weight loss and other stuff.. But just can not bring myself to drink it plain..
I exercise for at least 4 or 5 days a week.. So thats not a problem..
But I am up for any challenges you all will set up.. I will least try on the water one..

Chellez, Love the wedding dress hun.. You are going to look awesome.. Take no notice of that sales lady.. You will fit into your dream dress.. Some people just like to put others down. You will have show us a wedding photo of you in the dress..
Also I gained from my starting weight what I first gave you, So I put that down.. Should I put the starting weight what I put at the 1st starting weight thread..? Even though I gained..
Glad the WW meeting went well.. Have a nice day...

Everyone else, I hope you all doing well.. and having a good week so far..

Talk to you all laters..

GO BLUE TEAM GO... We are in it to win it.. So lets get losing.. And if we gain we will not let it get us down and we will get right back on track..
Old 04-25-2007, 12:26 PM   #69  

Chellez I change my Stating weight to the one what I first gave you.. If it was ok the 1st time let me know..
Old 04-25-2007, 12:50 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 283/273/180

Height: 5'7

Day 3 and still kickin butt!

I have sweat my big ol fanny off this week and havent felt this good in a while!!! yesterday was a carb challenge for me though.... i was in a snacky mood all day.... so i didnt have an ACTUAL meal but I also didnt graze all day either.... I ate fat free popcorn, one kashi black cherry dark choco granola bar, WW potatoes brocoli & cheese..ok so that was an early dinner, had a half of a cucumber sliced up and I had a WW lemon cake bar, a hand ful of grapes and water water water.... so still not bad at all..

had special K vanilla almond cereal this morning... wow delicious!!!

worked out to TBL again...... falling in love with Bob all over again.... I know I know but still.... I just want to get bunk beds and have him move in with me and we can work out all the time and talk about boys!!

lol oh come on ladies that would be awesome and you know it lol

but I am very proud of all of you and im proud of myself.....keep on truckin chicas week one is almost over!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 12:59 PM   #71  
consistent

S/C/G: 227.8/216.2/210 challenge goal

Height: 5'7"

cartoons! That was funny, mostly because the image of you and Bob sharing bunkbeds was so unexpected! Gold star for you, timing is everything.

Are the smilies acting weird for anyone else, or is it just me? When I go to insert one the page flashes at me like mad.

choosewell.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:04 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 283/273/180

Height: 5'7

well unexpected to you all BUT I admit I have visions of me in my sock monkey pj's and bob wearing....his tattoos to bed ...what?

BY the way my name is Alisa (uh-lisa) so.... hey all

I am ADDICTED to music and it is a daily staple in my home car or anywhere I go....

so while I am on this challenge I will give myself weekly songs....because I am lame HOWEVER... Im thinking I will make a mix cd at the end of this challenge... almost an audio blogish timeline to see how im feeling week to week

THIS WEEKS SONG:

Feeling Good by Nina Simone

ooohhhhhhhhh yeah!!!!!!!!

a perfect start to a new change in my life

maybe I should make an "Im breaking up with you" CD for the end of my relationship with food that should have ended long ago.. HA that would be funny.. i'll have to get creative... any suggestions?

have a great day everyone!!

Last edited by stillovecartoons; 04-25-2007 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:52 PM   #73  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Thank you so much for all of the compliments! My biggest concern is my facial roundness and upper body weight that will be exposed once I put that dress on.... really need to get exercising!

Angel - Thanks for changing it hun. Just as long as it matches the starting weight thread you'll be fine. Don't worry about a gain.... there's 12 weeks in this challenge for a reason!

Kay - the good news is you are at least moving. Every little bit adds up, so if you walk early in the day then walk later its the same as taking one long walk.
(Here I am saying this and I'm asking how to fit exercise in.... I'm such a ditz )

Alisa - I have a theme song for my whole challenge mentality. In fact I keep part of it in my signature. Its called Pain by Three Days Grace. While its not a happy song like most people might pick. (In fact its quite the opposite with sexual undertones ) But the one line I keep in my sig reminds me that when I'm dieting and exercising that its not easy and you'll hurt a lot but it's better to feel the pain than to go back to being a blob on my couch stuffing my face with junk.

As far as Bob goes.... he's my personal trainer for my PUSH dvds. I tend to curse at him when he makes me do side planks and things that really hurt. Has he officially come out of the closet? I thought he was that way... guess my fantasies cloud my judgement sometimes

Well its 2 pm and I have 9.5 points for tonight.... what to eat what to eat.

I have class tonight so it should be interesting.

While I'm thinking about it.... theres a tip I learning in my meeting last night.

When you're eating salad, instead of drowning your salad in dressing, dip your fork into a container of dressing before every few bite. Saves calories and for the WW girls it save points.

Another thing I want to try and do along with the NSV's in the thread is a weekly obstacle topic. I'll pick a topic each week and all you have to do is say how you struggle with it and we all can help you attempt to get over that hurdle.

Sound good?
Old 04-25-2007, 02:55 PM   #74  
Nursing Momma

S/C/G: 312/247/212

Height: 5 ft 7 in

chellez - I'll be around, though I will have to use a different scale. Just visiting some family.
Old 04-25-2007, 04:10 PM   #75  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Wow, you girls are rockin it so far this week!!! What an inspiration! Exercise is my biggest hurdle right now. My eating is a little to be desired as well, but the exercise terrifies me at the moment. Weird, I know. I've got a thing about exercise, the thought of having to do it, makes me nuts so I avoid it. Once I get going I'm good, but its those first few times that are soooo hard! Ok, done with the whining. What ya'll are saying is I just need to get off my big butt and just do it, right?!

Alisa, I ♥ Bob. Completely. Totally infatuated with the man. LOL Yes, I would love to have him come and workout and talk about boys, I'm not afraid to admit it. Of course, I think I would just want to sit and look at him.... and his tatoos................

Chellez, gorgeous dress! Definitely think you need to do a "pretty woman" and come back and revisit that person once you get where you want to be. I cannot believe people these days! Congrat's on taking the plunge into WW land! I really hope you like it!

wrongway, WTG on the retired uniforms!! You are definitely seeing positive changes, that's awesome!!! I hope you get some sleep, overnights can be brutal! I just finished my last day (an overnight job) at my job and I am SO happy to be out of there. Call me wimpy, but I can't do the overnighter then play mom all day long! I am thrilled to know you are having lots of success despite the overnighter shifts!!!

Love the idea about positive reinforcements. This goes hand in hand with what I was talking about the other day when I talked about how I can be so brutal with myself, punish myself with food for my insecurities or shortcomings, but would never dream of treating another peson that way. I am supposed to be worth it, right?? Maybe reminding myself everyday of the positive good things I do will help with this mean attitude I have towards myself?? I look forward to hearing what all you ladies come up with for yourselves!

Ladies, have a fabulous afternoon and keep up the stellar work you're all amazing and an inspiration to me!