Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 04:48 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 215/194.5/150

Height: 5'3.5"

Hello Coaches,

I didn't write down a plan today, but I spent a (very) short amount of time thinking about one. I decided to do a "standard" work day meal plan. That consists of the yogurt and two pieces of fruit I always bring from home, plus a salad from the company cafeteria. Yogurt is breakfast, salad is lunch, and fruit are snacks. Dinner at home is more variable, but I plan to have 4 ounces of the protein du jour (I know it will be chicken tonight) plus veggies.

So, I was running around, going to meetings in different buildings, and stopped off at the coffee shop for my usual afternoon coffee, and I felt like I was just "starving". And I thought, "Oh, I'm out of my food from home, but I'm so tired and stressed, I just need a little something to tide me over." But then, the Dr. Beck in my head said to me, "No, wait. Food is not an emergency. Dinner is a few hours away, and you can wait." So, I got my coffee and left all the cookies and candies and sandwiches, etc. behind.

Then I got back to my desk for the first time in a few hours, and discovered that I had not eaten my second piece of fruit! Instant reward for good behavior - sweet!

Beverlyjoy: Congrats for taking the plunge and making the decision to go ahead and have the foot surgery. That kind of problem is not easy to deal with, and it's great that you are ready to tackle it head-on.

new2me2: Sympathy from a fellow injured Beckian. Mine are chronic, and seem to be multiplying like Shepherdess's lambs, but I am determined to heal up and continue to get healthier and stronger.

BillBE: When you learn the secret of tossing unwanted food, please share it with the rest of us.

Shepherdess: I love your lamb stories. It's probably not very romantic or exciting to you, but to someone who loves the end product (wool) and has not experienced the hard work that it takes to get it, I'm totally fascinated.

Ah, another meeting. More later.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:57 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Thursday Morning

Morning Coaches

Morning check in for personals - I like checking in in the morning as it sets me up well for the day. Coming back at night keeps me accountable. Off to work again today

Anne (Wndranne) - Nice to have one's ducks in a row - enjoy

BeverlyJoy - Those scales seem to have a mind of their own - but they will move as you have been on plan. Glad you are making a plan about your surgery and preparing for resolution - and getting prepared to accept the help you will need. Just think in 6 months ...

BillBlueEyes - Always difficult to leave something of what I like on the plate - very easy if I don't like it. Can feel superior then and believe I am sacrificing it to the trash can and not my body

Gardenerjoy - Congratulations on another new low and reaching 205. And HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am sure you will beat the exercise demon - and be all ready for the Wii when it comes

Jynx - Great that you are aware of CBT - it will set you up well for the book.

Maryblu - I am looking forward to my green book coming - it might inject some novelty into the process. Hope your friend finds help in the program

MerinoGirl - Credit for resisting all those temptations in the canteen and strengthening that resistance muscle. I have to keep recalling that hunger is not an emergency and if I just wait a minute it will go away

OnebyOne - Nice one to use that resistance muscle at the movies where you have mentioned struggling before. It does seem a lot to pay for water I know - liquid gold! I would appreciate it too. Ouch for eating at the stove - always a hard one - so wishing you success to beat it.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:20 PM   #138  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Height: 5'4"

Hello everyone!

Well, today's chapter was Practice Hunger Tolerance. I've decided I'm going to do it on Saturday. I have a women's retreat, and pretty much can't eat there anyway, lol. My friend and I will eat breakfast out before we go. I'll skip lunch, then if they have anything I can eat at dinner, I'll have whatever they have. I am going to take a gluten free nutrition bar with me for dinner just in case they don't have anything. This is what is hard for me...finding portable foods that don't require refrigeration, lol. I could make a little sandwich which would work too I guess. So, it will be a true hunger tolerance day since I usually eat 6 small meals a day (because of my gastroparesis), lol.

Thanks to Maryblu I ordered the green book today from Barnes & Noble! Yay, and there was another book I wanted, so got free shipping! Woo hoo, lol

I was down .2 today (yay for digital scales that weigh in .2 increments, lol).

Credits for today:
setting my hunger tolerance day
reading my cards x2
taking the stairs from the parking garage up to the second floor
walked 15 minutes at lunch
resisted eating candy when I started feeling sorry for myself (it was busy at
work, lol)
resisted getting tea which would have involved honey, lots of honey, lol
doing a DVD workout when I got home--30 minutes walking at about 4 mph.

bennyhannahmama: Hoping the new medication and the diet changes will help!

Cheryl: So "seeking behavior" might go something like this?: tearing apart drawers and moving stuff and generally making a lot of noise until your co-worker asks what the heck you are doing, and you say, looking for a stray M&M and if I find one I'm eating it? True story, as sad as it is. That was definitely a craving, and it was bad, lol. She hurled a piece of some chocolate at me, and that took care of it. That was several years ago...apparently my issues with food go way back. Good job on getting your list completed!

BillBlueEyes: I'm getting good at tossing food, but not when it's on my plate. As long as it doesn't make it to my plate I'm good.

I think I have mostly cravings. Seeing food doesn't seem to trigger it. I crave mostly tastes...like chocolate. Well, that would be about the only one really, lol, the rest are probably desires.

gardenerjoy: Congratulations on your 10 pound loss! That's fantastic! Happy Birthday!

onebyone: wow, that weather sounds miserable. My muscles get all tensed up when I'm too cold for too long! LOL on the spring chicken comment...you have company then!

Beverlyjoy: You sound like you have a great support system in place!

MerinoGirl: Wow, fantastic job on talking yourself out of that little something to tide you over, and extra credit that it was fruit you turned to!

My aches and pains seem to be multiplying as well, lol. Good for you in being determined!
Old 05-12-2010, 10:27 PM   #139  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Default Wednesday Night

Hello Beck friends

jynx, my Beck book arrived via ebay today I've been using a library edition.

BillBlueEyes, I, too, need some tickers to tick. I do think there is something very real in the lack of adrenalin when maintaining that truly can be difficult...the words don't come out right but my brain seems to understand.*credit* for finding stimulating opportunities in maintenance.

CeeJay, see you on the flip flop!

wndranne, I so wish I was a list maker. I have 3 weeks by myself as DH heads North-perhaps I can try....I'm pretty automatic with food/exercise it's just the rest that finally drives me nuts! *credit* for having a red line and noticing!Quack Quack Quack!

Shepherdess, we just had a big hail storm-lightning and all. Wondering what's happening to the N and E...tomatoes will go under visqueen for a week or so, but I would like help with planting before I'm by myself. *credit* for getting things done instead of mindless snacking.

Beverlyjoy, "Realizing, and believing that happiness is a conscious decision may be the most liberating discovery of my life." a true and wise lesson from DS was worthy of a repost! I'm glad to hear you are coming to conclusions regarding your foot/ankle. *credit* for attention and willingness to do what needs to be done.

new2me2,*credit* for skipping on spontaneous exercise in pursuit of chocolate.

Kim, thanks for being here! even when you're overwhelmed. *credit*

seadwaters, I am very impressed! *credit* for super-organized Beck tasks and for dancing carrots! How long have you been a vegetarian? I'm moving in that direction. When I started exercising, I got those sticky stars from grade school and color coded-one for aqua aerobics, one for walking, etc....it really helped to look at the stars at the end of the month.

MerinoGirl, *credit* for mostly on plan with a hectic days. Beck on track-you are very coy! I automate breakfast and lunch and like it alot. I tried tweaking lunches last week and went back to the old way.

FutureFitChick, welcome back!

maryblu, I like the green book. I'm actually considering officially calling Dr. Becks food plan my alternate. I think it is very sensible and I'm actually incorporating some ideas even though I follow South Beach. I'm going to see if I can get one online at that price. It is so hard seeing friends who seem unable to gain control. *credit* for sharing the book and caring.

gardenerjoy, ther you are...I've been looking for you! *credit on the consistent weight loss. I think Dr Beck is correct in saying you will lose weight if you follow a sensible plan-and there are many.

onebyone, WOW! freezing cold weather...it's supposed to be warmer than that! We've had it, too. Congrats! on a recent low!...and credit for healthy choices at the movies! BTW-I just read your update..I was in the same place-hungry, making salad, wanting to munch....I sliced 1/2 tomato and sat down and ate it, then resumed dinner preparation. It seemed to work well.

Me: Long, busy day, and I need to move on. It took me a long time to read and digest tonight, but I learn ALOT when I read everyone's posts! If I missed anyone, it wasn't intentional.
Today,*credit* for mostly OP, and *credit* for getting right back on track! Read my resistance cards before leaving this AM, bagged my bike ride to the pool, and then CHOSE to get on the stationary bike and ride my 2.83 miles anyway. *credit* .I'll read from my book before bed. I see progress!

Goodnight!
Old 05-13-2010, 06:09 AM   #140  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Getting ready to travel out of town for the weekend. I have to look nice one day so I have to find real clothes. I hate packing and planning. CREDIT moi for just thinking about it, since I've been known to start the process on the morning of.

Food was good for the day. I left one tiny toasted slice of a baguette that we were using as dips for our bean soup for dinner; tiny CREDIT moi - but it's a start. Ouch that eating the baguette as tiny toasts was only because it was leftover from Sunday and growing harder by the day. When I'm emerged, I'll toss the baguette immediately after it's served its purpose and not try to incorporate it into my food plan for a week.

maryblu - Yay for books on sale - a clear sign from the gods that we're meant to buy them. Unfortunately, I used that same interpretation of the heavens to justify mounds of after-Easter candy on sale, LOL. Kudos for facing your gain so you can address it. And good luck supporting your friend; I hope she's one of the ones who can make the transition.

onebyone - Yep, Kudos for the big salad and for using all your veggies for the week - that's quite a transformation for you from when you started. Ouch for the pain from the weekend of selling your art. Glad that at least it was profitable. Both Ouch and Kudos for the pricey water at the movies.

Anne (wndranne) - Yay for ducks in a row, Mack, Nack, Quack and all the rest, whose names I could once spit out. I just reread your review of Refuse to Regain and your dialog with the author, Barbara Berkeley - that was good stuff, thanks for doing that. So nice to be reminded that there's a book out there for maintaining.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Thanks for the Response Card "There's always enough to put away" - apparently our mothers went to the same demonic school for surviving the oncoming famine. Congrats on your great scale achievement. Have you chosen a reward?

Beverlyjoy - Yay for feeling "ready to move forward." Kudos for sounding like you've reached a decision about your surgery and are making your plans.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - Kudos for that nice demonstration of executing the lists.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Kudos for getting on your stationary bike. Good luck keeping your tomatoes warm.

MerinoGirl - Kudos for the Food is not an Emergency behavior with a juicy instant-reward at the end. Yep, when I get there I'll write the book, Tossing Food for Dummies, LOL.

new2me2 - Yep, chocolate cravings seem to top the list; it probably needs its own word. Your story of chasing after an M&M is priceless; that needs to be published in some book about sane eating to remind us all what the challenge is. Good luck with your hunger experiment on Saturday.

jynx - So great that you're already familiar with Cognitive Behavior Therapy (CBT) via Dr. Judith Beck's father, Aaron T. Beck; that's a head start. In her second book, she uses CT instead of CBT. Do you have a clue why the change?

Readers -
Quote:
day 27
Master the Seven Questions Technique

The Seven Questions Technique
. . .
2. What evidence is there that this thought might not be true (or not completely true)?
. . .

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 199.

Last edited by BillBlueEyes; 05-14-2010 at 04:30 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:43 AM   #141  

Default Thursday Night

Hi Coaches

Check-list time
Credits
- Read A&R cards - once
- Planned my day - Yes -missed some work I wanted to do because a few urgent things cropped up
- Made food plan - Yes
- Food on-plan - Almost - small off plan blip tonight
- Posted to the list -Yes twice as planned
- Ate mindfully and seated every time - found myself eating at the sink - and not something good
- Put down fork occasionally - nope
- Weighed myself - yes - 219.00
- Drank water - yes
- Exercise - not today
- Resistance techniques - yes
- Consciously gave credit for positive eating / exercise behaviours - Yes
Working on
Still on Habits and planning

night coaches
Old 05-13-2010, 07:08 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi beck folks, coaches, buddies - hope you all doing well! Yesterday was a healthy day - I never ever take a good day for granted - I am grateful for all the good days. I got my stretches in and strengthening exercises, upper body weights and even a cardio moment. Last night I did NOT overeat - this is a major accomplishment/CREDIT for me because yesterday morning was my weigh day.

Gotta get the house picked up for the cleaning folks...a Mother's Day gift from DH! I think Mom is feeling better - I hope we can have that Mother's Day dinner.

Phone calls for work. I've started to let my summer jobs know I won't be there. I've offered them a list with other performers. It's a relief and a sadness at the same time.

Thanks to everyone for your support and understanding and caring ways.

yesterday -
eat seated only - all but one moment
plan, measure, log, write down, food - yes - but, changed my evening snack
no seconds - all of the time
fork down between bites - some of the time
leave a bite - all of the time
slow, mindful eating - sometimes
TASTE the food - enjoy! - alot of the time
feel fullness - yes
stretches and strengthening - yes
lots of water - yes
remind myself that food doesn't cure pain or stress - yes
used my resistance techniques - a few times
gave myself credt - a few times

no spontaneous exercise
no beck book
did not read arc/rc

Seadwaters - good for you…checking in morning and evening! You have many credits…that’s wonderful.

Billbe - I think that throwing out food instead of saving it because you think you’ll eat it later is a hard task and hard to learn to do on a consistent basis. Good for you - starting to plan for packing ahead of time!

Lexxiss - glad you own book arrived via amazon! You’ve got a lot of great exercise in and are making great strides - credit!

New2me2 - glad you’ve figured out a strategy for the hunger experiment. I am glad you book arrived. You said - resisted eating candy when I started feeling sorry for myself - that is a major credit!! Carry on.

Merino - major credit for not getting food at the coffee shop and using the words of Dr. Beck to help you resist!!!! Glad you ended up having your usual fruit available.

Wndranne - glad you could get your bike ride in!

Onebyone - sorry about the cold weather at the market…makes it hard. Sometimes when I want to taste at the stove, I make myself put that taste on a plate and actually sit at the table. It helps me to ‘think’ about the action itself.

gardener joy - major credit for your weight loss. Happy Birthday! It will good when your wii arrives. I am getting close to onederland too- I know what you mean. So close - but, yet so far….but, doable!

Maryblu - such a great price on the book! I don’t have the green book - just the first two.

Shepardess - credit for realizing how important keeping busy is for yourself - those aha moments are important. I’ll remember what your rancher friend said about his knee replacement. Good reminder. Thanks

Kim - so glad the trip to the doctor was helpful!

Jinx - Welcome….. So glad you posted.

Futurefitchick - credit for that weight coming off! I hope you’ll be able to post more often soon.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-13-2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:44 AM   #143  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

I made it through two snow days here and it stopped falling sometime overnight. Now I just have to wait out the muddy mess while it melts off, but the end is in sight. We were all getting cabin fever yesterday, but I did make it through without mindless snacking and managed to stay on plan. That feels good. Yesterday was tough because our phone and internet were out, which drastically cut the work I could get done. I’m taking a page out of Beverlyjoy’s book and saying, “I’m grateful for being willing to try.” Exercise was jumping rope and yoga and I am looking forward to getting back outdoors to go for a run.

Welcome Jynx! Glad you’re here. I think you’ll find your psychology studies will serve you well.

Wndranne, sorry I missed your post yesterday. It is so hard to take time to do the planning. It always feels like it’s taking time away from actually doing the stuff. But you are right that it is necessary and will save a lot of time and energy in the long run. Kudos for recognizing what needed to be done and doing it. Yay for having all your ducks in a row!

MerinoGirl, great job getting through a hectic weekend on track. Oh well about the goodies from Italy. I don’t think I could resist exotic treats. Good job getting “Beck on track,” LOL. Great job remembering that “hunger is not an emergency.” That’s always a tough one for me.

FutureFitChick, great to see you again! I’ve missed you. Glad you made it through the semester in one piece and I look forward to seeing you regularly around here again.

New2me2, congrats on being down a lb and sometimes it’s better to take the positive weigh-in and not ask questions, LOL. Kudos for all the exercise—glad it is spring somewhere! Sounds like you have a good plan for practicing hunger tolerance, but ouch for the difficulty of finding foods you can have on the go.

Bennyhannamamma, hugs while you’re feeling overwhelmed. Glad you are looking for constructive solutions, though if anyone told me to cut out caffeine, I would be out the door faster than you can say, “latte.”

Seadwaters, kudos for making a list and doing everything on it! I’m so impressed. Great job getting to the pool even when you didn’t feel like it and for giving yourself the credit you deserve.

BillBE, yay for using a haircut as an excuse to get some exercise. Just for the record, I’m a fan of men with shaggy hair. Great job taking small steps to start throwing food away. That’s a tough one for me as well.

Maryblu, glad you found such a good deal on the green book and were able to pass on your other book to a friend. I have a family member in a similar situation. I have mentioned Beck to her, but need to give her a bigger nudge. I hope the book works well for your friend.

Gardenerjoy, congrats on reaching 205! And the important thing is that you have done it sensibly and it is something lasting.

Onebyone, I would have a hard time resisting food if I had spent two days out in nasty weather. Ouch for feeling achy and looking forward to more nasty weather at the next show. But it sounds like you have a good plan in place and lots of healthy food in the fridge.

Beverlyjoy, great job putting a disappointing weigh-in in perspective. Having such a great attitude probably helped you avoid the post-weigh-in eating. Glad you are feeling better now that you have made a decision about your surgery and are doing the necessary preparation for it.

Lexxiss, great job staying OP during a long busy day, and for getting back on the horse after minor spills. Kudos for not skipping your bike ride altogether.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:50 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

It feels really good to get caught up and read everyone's posts. Still having ups and downs emotionally, but that is to be expected and I know I can ride it out.

Got back to writing down what I have eaten, so that will be a + for me.

Take care!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/133

Height: 5'5"

BillBlueEyes: I have no idea why she would change to CT without reading it I'm only in my first year and haven't delved too deeply yet, however I will keep my eyes peeled for reasons she may have done that! Perhaps it's something to do with the fact that she may have wanted to focus more on the thoughts instead of the behaviours? Since I guess binge eating and over eating in general tend to have obsessive thoughts behind them. That could be it but I can't pretend to know for sure xx
Old 05-13-2010, 11:02 AM   #146  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

This is a crazy thread

Anyway, I had picked up the second Beck book a while ago in a thrift store and had looked through it and halfheartedly started the program. I didn't follow through though.

I decided though I really need to jump into the program and I bought the original book and I'm starting it. This is something I really need because I know what to eat but I just eat go back and forth between binging and having 'good days'. I've been having less and less good days lately though.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:18 AM   #147  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I allowed a few birthday indulgences, but was careful to keep it to non-triggering foods and non-triggering situations. I'm glad I could do that. But, I think once a year is enough! I don't think I'm a good candidate for a cheat day a week. I need more control than that.

WI: +0.1kg, Exercise: +30 435/1400 minutes for May, Food: 70%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

onebyone: yay for jumping back in -- love your jumping guy for leftovers that you actually eat!

wndranne: good job herding your ducks!

MerinoGirl: love your story with the instant reward of forgotten fruit!

new2me2: great plan for Practicing Hunger

Lexxiss: yay for seeing progress!

BillBlueEyes: LOL about the school for surviving the famine. My reward for 205 is a massage, which I need to schedule now. My reward for 200 is a trip to a health spa! Both reward and, I hope, a way to blast through what has been a troublesome number for me in the past.

seadwaters: lots of credits and lots of awareness in your list -- good job!

Beverlyjoy: sounds like your in a good place for getting things in place for your summer. Glad that it comes with a sense of relief. Yay for not overeating on weigh-in day!

Shepherdess: glad your seeing light at the end of your bad weather and that things went reasonably well for you.

FutureFitChick: good job getting caught up and riding things out emotionally

Glad to hear from jynx and nelie this morning.
Old 05-13-2010, 06:42 PM   #148  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Post Nagging Bits

Evening Coaches

I woke up early this morning thinking I was going to make it to the school and to the ceramic room, but I didn't. And I feel bad about that. And I feel blue on top of that. It was exactly a week ago I had to put Kitty X to sleep. I'm sad about that today and missing her purrs.
I think today may be the first complete day I have been still enough to feel it for most of the day. I just miss her.

And I feel completely stressed about getting stuff made for my market booth. April was such a write off I got nothing made for the farmers' market and now it's already week 2 on Saturday. I'm sitting here with 7 unfinished paintings and 20 unfinished mirrors, all of which need to be finished by Saturday 6am when I get ready to head to the market. Since I skipped the school today I have to spend most of the day there tomorrow, (if I want any kind of a paycheck next week that is), and that leaves most of the finishing work to be done tonight. I guess I'd better get to it. All I want to do is go to bed.

Foodwise I've had trouble once again eating over the crockpot this time and then over the sink as I carried "tastes" over to the sink on my fork. Wow. what's with this behaviour all of a sudden? There is a table and chairs in the kitchen, mere feet away from the stove and the counter and the crockpot but it's FILLED with everything that has nothing to do with a kitchen: papers, books, art stuff. And there are boxes piled high, waiting for me to go through them. I can't believe living like this is okay with me. I have never had a really clutter free home. I am used to the obstacle course and I seem to want to see every little bit of everything I own at all times. Today is not the day to deal with this but maybe, just maybe, it's getting more important for me to get rid of stuff so I can have a more comfortable living space. DH would like that as would my cat Caesar. I'll bet the fish and the plants would be happier as well.

Other than the taste tests credit for:
not having seconds
eating vegetables
having three meals a day loosely guided by the scarsdale food plan
weighing in this morning (263.2)
planning ahead and creating: leftovers for tomorrow.
getting spontaneous exercise this morning by walking to the mall and back

Bye for now coaches. I need to paint before the sunlight is gone.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:43 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Height: 5'4"

Today’s chapter was…oh, heck, what was today’s chapter, lol I didn’t finish reading it this morning, but will finish it when I'm done here. OMGosh, I just looked it up…Overcoming Cravings, lol. I must have a mental block on this one! I think when I read it later I’ll start from the beginning of the chapter again, lol.

Credits for today:
Reading: my cards x2, Beck
Spontaneous exercise: stairs at work
Planned exercise: Wii Walk it Out for 1 hour
Eating: mostly on plan...had some tea with a little honey, but I'm still within my calorie allotment for today.
Probably lots of others but I need to figure out a way to write them all down quickly when it happens or I forget.

Lexxiss: Great job on getting on that stationary bike!

BillBlueEyesDiet: Well, at least you’re planning for future bread issues, lol! I’d say that’s a credit.

Beverlyjoy: Yay, big credit for not over-eating!

Shepherdess: I can’t believe the weather you’re having!! Wow! Yeah, it’s Spring here, but it’s just as likely to pour rain tomorrow, lol. We’ve been having crazy weather here lately. You being willing to try is a huge credit in my book.

FutureFitChick: I find writing stuff down really helps me too!

nelie: I’ve been in the same place…I know what to eat, but I definitely have issues with doing it.

gardenerjoy: I agree, I don’t think I could do a cheat day every week. Maybe once I have finished the Beck books and theoretically my thinking is changed, I might be able to handle it, lol.

onebyone: I've never had a clutter free home either, but like you, lately I've been getting rid of stuff. My home is still cluttered, but slowly but surely I'm letting go of stuff.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:55 PM   #150  

Default Friday Morning

Afternoon Coaches

I am getting myself psyched to go to the pool again - chilly with brisk wind and soooo much warmer at home. Oops - I am back as I had to suddenly get moving and get out of the house so I have done my water exercise

BeverlyJoy - Well done on restraint on a weigh-in day! I too have trouble on that day. Credit for clearing the path for your surgery

BillBlueEyes - Hope your weekend trip goes well and that you are spick and span. Sounds like you are getting it together regardless of hating the whole packing thing so credit. Good luck on emerging - is that like evolving

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Glad your book arrived - still waiting for mine. It's nice when you see yourself progressing isn't it - so well done. I was a vegetarian for 15 years - which given I love meat was interesting. I started eating meat again about a year ago because of health issues but I am debating not eating it again. I prefer to eat vegetarian but it can make low carb a bit difficult

FutureFitChick - Credit for writing it all down - I struggle with that. Sending thoughts your way for your ups and downs - stay well

Gardenerjoy - Well done for your birthday - so well thought through. Shows great insight into yourself to understand your triggers - I am still learning that.

new2me2 - Yep - I think you have nailed seeking behaviour and craving. Hope your hunger tolerance goes well. Great list of credits and plans for today

OnebyOne - Hope you get some space back. A great list of credits and I hope you got some of your work done

Shepherdess - Sounds like staying on plan was a major achievement given the snow. Life without phone or internet! Not sure what that would be like without snacking mindlessly so bravo you. Credit for finding exercise that fitted the circumstances

Now for a well earned late lunch

Cheryl
Closed Thread