Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 11:29 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 283/171/153

Hi All,
Weight still dropped this morning so am really pleased after those dips etc yesterday, must of move my chair in time LOL Read all cards this morning as I had missed yesterday.
Weekly loss 4.4lbs total 8.5lbs very happy with this as I haven’t started counting calories yet just changing my habits. Love putting it in pounds as Kilo doesn’t sound as much.
Got bike back out today and rode the dogs 3kms. Going to keep an exercise tracker or minutes like a lot of you do. Then after I had done that had to take dogs to the Trainee judges’ night and run a few more laps.
Credit - One week and no eating after tea this has to be a record for me as I don’t know when I have ever done that. Even at weight watchers I would eat snacks after tea.

New2me2 Well done for taking the longer route. Love that response cards especially
1. It takes time to change a mindset that took years to form. (For when I feel impatient) going to write that one down.

Seawaters Great to here you didn’t have to rebuild your PC. Well done on the "I will be eating in ..." technique and refusing chocolate biscuit.

BillBlueEyes Do you watch birds (feather type) I am a self taught bird watcher and am always looking for new ones for my list. I don’t know a Northern Cardinal will have to look it up on the net. Yes I had a problem with the nibbling yesterday. I just don’t stop when I start.

Lexxiss Well done on you will power for the days eating your resistance muscles where working well. Yea the difference in terminology is quite funny isn’t it. I reckon in a few more years we will be calling them cookies, it used a bit now.

Ponee Great for getting back into the books. Well done on your loss and bike ride. Kudos for not having fries.

Gardenjoy Sounds like you will be busy in the garden now. Your rain must be nearly gone now are you going into summer. Frozen yoghurt sounds yummy can you post it to Australia Ha Ha

Beverlyjoy Well done on falling for the pizza or ice-cream cone.

Shepherdess You were good sticking to the salads. I am involved with Labrador Retrievers; I was very big a few years ago and have just gone back into it. I had a marriage breakdown so I got out for a while. My girlfriend and I shared them for years and she’s been onto me to come back. The new man in my life has also been encouraging me so now I’m back running around the ring. It’s a big kennel I am involved in. They are making me get out and do more exercise again.
Cheers
ThisTime7
temp ticker
283---274------------------------154
A broccoli for every five pounds

Old 05-24-2010, 11:33 AM   #257  

Beverlyjoy,
Sorry I put falling for pizza forgot the not in the sentence.
Cheers ThisTime7
Old 05-24-2010, 06:00 PM   #258  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Height: 5'4"

Today was okay for a work day {{she says with her best pouty voice, lol}}. Nothing dramatic in the way of credits, but have followed my plan so that’s always a credit. Just an hour left to go and I'll be on my way home. I don’t know what I’ll do yet, but I will exercise when I get home.

seadwaters: Yay on not having to replace the hard drive!!! You did a great job with your credits!! I think it was I who congratulated you, and I stand by it even though the number was different, lol.

BillBlueEyes: Oooh, ouch on the buffet! Good recovery though!

Lexxiss: Credit indeed for passing up the Subway and champagne! Very good on eating the sandwich instead of a larger meal!

ponee: Congratulations on your 4 pounds! You’re off to a great start with your reading and making your cards!

gardenerjoy: LOL on not having enough food to feed a 20year old male! Gosh they can eat, can’t they?!

Beverlyjoy: Yay, great job on not overeating after your hard day!!! And OMGosh, resisting ice cream cone is huge! And, VERY impressive with the dish soap! I don’t think I’m there yet, lol.

Shepherdess: Vaccination duty sounds like it is quite the exercise if you ask me! Great job on only having a small portion of dessert!

FutureFitChick: I am so sorry for your losses! So very hard at any time, but so close together is extra tough!

ThisTime7: You are doing so well!! Congratulations on your one week record of not eating after tea!
Old 05-24-2010, 09:21 PM   #259  

S/C/G: 304/294/200

Hello everyone:

Back from vacation and catching up with my Beck friend's posts from last Monday to today.

new2me2-credit for following your plan and making time to exercise.

ThisTime7 and ponee- welcome to both of you!!

FutureFitChick-sorry about your cat. Sending you a hug.

Shepherdess- sounds like things are really busy and you are still eating sanely.

Beverlyjoy- glad to hear you killed the pizza. I love your stories of murder and mayhem on all things unhealthy. You rock!!!!

gardenerjoy-the frozen yogurt and strawberries sounds great. Family troubles- I have had too many of those lately. A cave in Timbucktu sounds pretty good right now.

Lexxiss-what a great OP day you had. Turning down free champagne is awesome.

BillBlueEyes-big ouch on the buffet lunch. Thought about you when we were out in the bush last week and riding the ATV down an old logging road. We came across an osprey nest way up on a hydro line. Had the pleasure of watching 2 ospreys bring food to their young. What a lovely moment.

seadwaters- your credits list is very impressive.

jynx-glad to hear you are out of the hospital. Hope your recovery is going well.

wndranne,Nuxmaga,bennyhannahmama and silverbirch- hello to all of you.

I had a great vacation. Beautiful weather. Two long days on the ATV exploring old logging roads. Lots of lakes and birds and great scenery and all that good stuff. Happened across a huge bear way down a very small trail. He took off one way and we turned around and booted the other way. The trail was so rough that we were going very slowly so I guess he did not hear us coming. Spend 3 days out on the lake fishing for lake trout, checking out the scenery, checking out pebbles on the beaches, and we even got in for a swim. I am not so thrilled to be home and it is back to the grind tomorrow.

While away I did lots of walking and did my weights. Eating- well let's just say oh well on that. I did not go crazy but did not stay in calorie range any day but the first.

Credit today for:

weighing in
riding exercise bike 30 mins
20 minute walk with DH
reading response and advantage cards twice
drinking lots of water
posting here
eating on plan
planning tomorrow and packing lunch.

Take care everyone!!

Old 05-24-2010, 10:42 PM   #260  
Practicing Imperfection

Hi All,
A quick check in before bed. Survived my first outdoor craft show with my own tent, complete with rainstorm. . .Today I tracked food, and stayed under my calories, credit. Went to zumba, credit. Chose the least harmful snack from my vending machine foray, credit, and remembered to check in here, yay!
Have a good night!
Old 05-25-2010, 05:12 AM   #261  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Dear Coaches

Today was a good day. I had some medical appointments and suddenly realised I was running late so had to take off without lunch for a 1pm appointment. Then between appointments was confronted with the need to eat (around 2.15). Couldn't decide whether to use the 'hunger is not an emergency' and tough it out or ... In the end I went to MacDonald's (never do that) and had a portion controlled Chicken Caesar Salad - except for all the additives etc at least I knew how much I was eating! I haven't eaten enough today and am not sure it is a good thing to load all the calories at the end of the day - I have my main meal plus about the equivalent of 5 x 150 snacks to eat. But I am losing weight - today's weight was 216.4 (down 1.4lb on yesterday) so things are going well - just need to stay on track. So I seem to be losing all the water weight from not being on track the last few weeks - it will even out soon. But I am enjoying the large drops for the moment

Credits -
- Read A&R cards - no
- Planned my day - Yes - but lost track of time
- Made food plan - sort of but it got derailed by being late
- Food on-plan - Yes - a bit under but I am sure I will make it up tonight
- Posted to the list - Yes
- Ate mindfully and seated every time - yes
- Put down fork occasionally - we'll see tonight
- Weighed myself - Yes - new low
- Drank water - Some
- Exercise - Not today
- Resistance techniques - Yes
- Consciously gave credit for positive eating / exercise behaviours - Yes

Working on -
Staying on plan, habits, resistance

Catching up on a few days of postings - sorry for anyone I missed as I only went back a few pages

BeverlyJoy - Your plant swap sounds great - we don't seem to have such community things happening but it could just be that I am not in the loop. Well done at taking charge of your food on the day. Hope lunch out today went to plan

BillBlueEyes - 2000 chosen calories are looking less and less LOL - but I like the program. The whole arm over the shoulder to join hands flexibility thing is difficult - I used to be able to shake hands on both sides after a lot of yoga but can barely bend an elbow these days. Will have to work on that too. Well done with the whole lower body flexibility. And you are my inspiration for NO CHOICE - before the event of course - I am pretty good at doing it after I have eaten the offending item

CeeJay - Glad you had a great vacation. And it sounds like you have slipped back into Beck routine so credit for that

Debbie (Lexxiss) - You are doing so well - I am glad you find the 3FC community supportive and useful - I do too. It keeps me focussed and coming back. Credit for an on plan day yesterday and using that resistance muscle to such good effect

FutureFitChick - Hope you are feeling better - sounds like you are getting a flu or a virus so hope you are OK. Many dramatic things happening in your life at the moment (and sorry for your losses ) but you seem to be in control which is a major credit. I hope you get on with the project of renewing your awareness and incorporation of Beck principals and good luck with that

Gardenerjoy - Congratulations on the new low - it does make it all seem worthwhile especially if craving for something like bread (lots of it!)

new2me2 - Yay to 2.6lb this week - that is an achievement. A fine list of insights and credits. I am trying to stay away from the computer but it is such a seductive presence - don't know how I did without if for 4 days (and nights).

Nuxmaga - A wave hello - and thanks for checking in. Credit for tracking food and staying under calories - a triumph

Ponee - I think you have found a good place to help with controlling your LADA. I like your resolve in leaving food on your plate - especially if you like it! So credit you. Love your "I inspire myself" - and so you should

Shepherdess - Yay for new running shoes that make running easier - I bought a new swimsuit and it definitely makes the aqua-fitness more enjoyable LOL. I like the no eating if it is past normal bedtime rule - especially if I make (as has been suggested) bedtime around 8pm. Glad your weekend went well and was on plan

ThisTime7 - I am not actually in Sydney but about one hour north at Gosford on the Central Coast - pleasant place but only recently (11 years LOL) moved here. Easier to say Sydney because everyone knows it and I have lived there most of my life. But Gosford is a 'dormitory' suburb for Sydney. It is hard to go out without food and a plan isn't it - for me it is about being organised which can be a bit of a downfall. I notice you carried food the next time. Like your dancing broccoli! I am using one of those next

----
Cheryl
Old 05-25-2010, 06:04 AM   #262  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Tuesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Had an urge to nibble some candied pecans that are out of sight in the fridge; didn't - CREDIT moi. It was rather stupid of me to buy them in the first place. I got them for a salad I brought to a pot luck that didn't need the whole bag. It would have been smart to just put out the remainder in a bowl and let the masses consume them. I'll plan to have a couple on my salad each night, because underneath the "candied" is a first class pecan.

Gym; CREDIT moi.

FutureFitChick - Sending cyber hugs and supportive thoughts for the loss of your dad and the others. You're doing well to be avoiding that crumbling around me feeling.

Looking forward to you bringing SuperFoodsRx discussions back to this thread. I find it encouraging to be excited about the health value of a food. Yep, please wave to your Cardinals for me.

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - Yay for tents when there's rain, LOL. Kudos for all those credits - always like to hear the word Zumba.

CeeJay - Now that sounds like a fine vacation. Love the thought of watching two Ospreys bringing fish to their young.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - LOL at "don't have enough food to feed a 20year old male for lunch" - Yep, that's a chowing machine you've got on your hands. Kudos for 70 minutes of exercise - just continuing to add it up.

Shepherdess - Yay for a sane food weekend. Ouch for the wethers - just my reaction of course.

Beverlyjoy - YAY indeed for avoiding the day-after eating syndrome. You sent me to google hypertupha - found it, but your post itself is on the first page, LOL.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - "portion controlled" is a fine way to deal with best choices available - Kudos for making a sane choice in a place with so few of them. I'm impressed with that old ability to shake hands on both sides - don't think I was ever able to do that. LOL at NO CHOICE after the fact.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Turned down FREE "Subway" and FREE Champagne; I'm impressed - Kudos. Nope, Northern Cardinals don't make it as far west as Colorado according to David Sibley's range map.

new2me2 - Yep, always Kudos for following plan - even on a work day, LOL.

ThisTime7 - Congrats on the 8.5 pounds total, and BIG Kudos for a whole week of not eating after tea. Yep, I'm a bird watcher who dreams of getting to Australia and New Zealand to see the stuff you guys have that's no where else.

ponee - Congrats on the loss of four. You wouldn't recognize Davis Square in Sommerville - it's morphed into the exciting place that Harvard Square was when you were around here in the 60's and 70's.

Readers -
Quote:
day 29
Resist Food Pushers

We often feel that we're hurting people's feelings when we refuse their offer of food when, in fact, they either feel neutral or, at worst, have a mild reaction. If you find that you're assuming others will be disappointed if you turn down food, ask yourself:
  • Won't I be disappointed if I accept the food and stray from my food plan?
  • Why is it more important for me to please them than it is to do what is best for me?
The Beck Diet Solution, pg 208.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:51 AM   #263  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello Beck friends

I'm stopping for a quick hello this AM. I'm very tired, even after getting alot of rest last night. I think the combo of emotions and long days leading to my friends memorial AND fundraising event, and the additional duties of garden and special needs pets while DH is gone are taking a bit of a toll today.

I do plan to eat healthy today AND exercise.*credit*. I already walked the old guy up the road even though it's very cold (light frost last night). Fortunately, tomatoes are under cover although they will be much happier when they have a hot sunny day.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-25-2010, 09:16 AM   #264  

Height: 5'7"

It is my birthday. I love my birthday. I'm wishing for everyone to have the strength to make a good day for themselves, whatever that good day may be.

Anne
Old 05-25-2010, 09:25 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi Beck folks.coaches.buddies...

Yesterday was a healthy day - I am always grateful for that.

I ate almost every bit of food with the TV OFF. I forgot when I was eatng my orange before bed. I am still giving myself Credit.

My mom and I went to Bob Evans for dinner. I got a dinner that was described on theire website as being 362 calories. A friend from another 3fc forum mentioned that she always adds 100 calories to what the website says just because the cooks don't measure. What a great idea! So I did that too.

You won't even believe this - for the two days I've had major plant swap drama. One person at the swap felt they were cheated in getting what they deserve. Folks can technically take home as many as they bring. This person brought 152 pots of plants and couldn't find 152 out of 2300+ to bring home. We let children pick too, if they are gardeners. Everyone gets to pick if they are gardeners. HUGE rant about how it's not set up fairly, they felt they were mislead, blah, blah blah. This is all posted at a website about the swap. And a personal nasty email to me. I am flabbergasted and hurt and everything else. He is 'spouting' bad stuff about what we do and me. Good grief!

I try to always live my life as a total 'kindness' person. So I am mad, hurt, upset and more. I haven't eaten over it, however. CREDIT I can take criticism and will think about the concerns brought up. But, really...this is nuts.

I took the total 'high road' with this person. Saying that most folks like the setup and most come back for years. I explained about five different of plant swaps I know of. That there is a match up for everyone. I wish he/she well in finding one that was a good match for what they are looking. It was never my intention for someone leaving the swap feeling badly.

Folks have come out of the woodwork in defense of what the swap is and does. That feels good. Life sure can be crazy sometimes.

Today I go to the doctor for a foot rewrap - that always feels good. I need to clean up my office!

yesterday:

read rc/arc - yes
plan, log, write down, measure all foods - all the time
fork down between bites - some of the time
stay in calorie range (1200 - 1550 according to sparkpeople) yes
eat seated, no seconds - all of the time
tv off when eating - all but one time
slow mindful eating - some of the time
lots of water - yes
leave a bite - all but once

no exercise
no beck book

I'll be back in a bit for personals.
leave a tiny bite on plate

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-25-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 10:28 AM   #266  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

An exhausting day, but we got a lot done! I basically exercised all day, but only counted the 45 minutes that I need for my goal.

Today, I'm going out to lunch with former colleagues. But, if the weather holds, we're going to the zoo and I'm bringing my packed lunch! I'm very pleased that I proposed that since it poses much less of a challenge to my food plan than a restaurant would.

WI: +0.25kg, Exercise: +45 1150/1400 minutes for May, Food: 70%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: no

Happy birthday, wndranne!

Beverlyjoy: so sorry you're dealing with someone who didn't get the experience of your lovely plant swap.

FutureFitChick: sending you warm and comforting energies -- that's a lot to deal with in a short time! I make frozen yogurt (and sorbet) in one of the new-fangled ice cream freezers. This one:
http://www.cuisinart.com/products/ice_cream/ice-20.html
It's fun and easy.

Hello to everyone else!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:35 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

I was out on my run yesterday when it started to sprinkle. I was heading into the wind and could see that more of the same was blowing in, but it wasn’t bad and I kept going. I felt pretty smug until the wind suddenly changed direction and started to pick up. I turned around and saw the storm that was blowing towards me and knew I was in trouble. The rain and the hail was miserable, but the lighting was pretty frightening since I was out on the open plains without cover. I did make it home before the snow started falling. I couldn’t believe how fast the temp dropped. I know the weather can change unexpectedly, but I’ve never been caught out so unprepared. But after a hot shower and a hot cup of tea, everything was OK. Other than changing to some hot foods, eating was on plan. I just can’t help worrying that these late snow are going to be disastrous for our lambs this year.

FutureFitChick, sending hugs. You have been through a lot this year! Great job getting back to Beck with everything you have going on. Hope you are feeling better after a day off.

ThisTime7, yay for a number dropping on the scale! It’s amazing how powerful changing those habits can be. Kudos for getting out on your bike. It’s good for you and the dogs.

New2me2, staying OP always deserves lots of credit! Great job getting through a workday and having the will to exercise when you get home.

CeeJay, sounds like a wonderful and much needed vacation. Yikes for the bear, but it sounds beautiful. I think not going crazy on food while on vacation deserves some credit.

Nuxmaga, yay for surviving the craft show in a rainstorm! Good job choosing the lesser evil at the vending machine. It’s taking small steps towards perfection that counts!

Seadwaters, great job making sane food choices when faced with hunger. I love that fast food restaurants are doing things to make eating healthy easier. Congrats on the scale moving down. All your hard work is paying off.

BillBE, kudos for avoiding the candied pecans. It sounds like you’re taking control back from those tree nuts! Having a few in your salad each night is a good strategy to get a treat in a small portion, and you’re right that under the candy is a healthy nut.

I think all men (and women to a lesser extent) have that reaction to wethers, but it’s what we do.

Lexxiss, you have good reason to be tired! Great job setting a good intention for the day in spite of the fatigue. I’ll join you in crossing my fingers for some warm weather. Last years cold wet summer meant the itty bitty tomatoes that appeared on my plants stayed green right up through September. Hoping for a warmer one this year.

Wndranne, Happy Birthday! And thanks for extending that good b-day feeling to all of us here!

Beverlyjoy, great job making a responsible estimate on a restaurant dish. I hadn’t thought of that, but will have to start doing it. Ouch for the plant swap drama, but try not to take it personally. It sounds like you have set up a very good, informal plant swap. Some people are just bitter and angry and take it out on anyone in their way. Sounds like you dealt with him well.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:37 AM   #268  

S/C/G: 214/210/180

Height: 5'8"

Hello all. I'm getting into the swing of reading and checking in daily. And I lost another pound. That's ****5*****

Happy birthday, Wndranne !!! ( I'm an Ann myself)

Beverlyjoy - I hate it when folks rain on my projects....but I remember the thoughts "Consider the source", and "It's not my problem", even when they are sure it is your problem and are all about telling you so. Let them be unhappy, you can't please everyone.

Shepherdess - I can relate to the WY weather... we got caught in a squall and hail storm Saturday. Always exciting weather around here. We had snow last June 11th even !

Bill - saw a Western Tanager with red head yesterday deep in the woods, and we have bluebirds nesting at the barn. I love color, and miss those Cardinals.

Today I am xeroxing check off pages from Beck, getting myself my first reward for 5 pounds lost, and running errands. I've been on track and actually pleased with counting calories...it sure slows me down and I guess I've almost cut my eating my almost half in the evenings.

Best (or should I say Beck?) to all......ponee
Old 05-25-2010, 11:47 AM   #269  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks…am back for some personals.

Shepardess - I am glad you got home before the snow! That is scary. I am glad you could ‘switch gears’ to a hot supper without it tripping you up.

gardener joy - good job packing your healthy lunch!! Have fun at the zoo!

Wndranne - Happy Happy Birthday - Hope it’s a day full of many smiles.

Lexxiss - good job planning for a healthy day despite all the many things going on in your life. I hope things calm/slow down for you.

Billbe - major credit for staying away from overeating the pecans. I know nuts are hard for you to resist. Good job on the gym. Yes…I looked under hypertupha- google. Yes, I am on the first page because I spelled it wrong. It’s hypertufa - a lighter weight cement planter.

Seadwaters - good job making a healthier choice at McDonalds when you only had small amount of time. I guess learning to live with food involves not always being able to get to meals as planned. You did well!

Nuxmaga - great line of credits. Folks just seem to love zumba!!

Cee-jay - sounds like you had fun vacation - that’s great. I did not go crazy but did not stay in calorie range any day but the first. Not going crazy is better than going crazy with food. Hop back on your plan and you’ll be OK.

New2me2 - but have followed my plan so that’s always a credit. Yes, on a busy day - that can be a huge credit!

Thistime7 - your weight loss is wonderful - and you haven’t even started officially counting calories. It is true proof how helpful and effective all the preliminary steps are.

Futurefitchick - so so sorry to hear of all the sorrows and stresses of late. This is really tough. Sounds like a good plan you have to get back to Beck. I sure hope that dizziness goes away quickly. Take care now.

ponee - wow - five pounds down is awesome. Sounds like you are into the Beck book and moving forward. Carry on!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-25-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #270  

Hi Everyone,
Had a good loss overnight 1lb and still not eating in front of the TV. Decided to re-write my advantage deck so they are more appealing. Picked up lots of coloured cards and going to put healthy stickers on them with my advantages. At the moment my cards are just plain white. What have others done to make them different?
Need to start reading stage 2 as I go to the counselor on Thursday. He hasn't started me on that yet but wanted me to just read it. This keeping in touch with you all each night certainly helps my eating as I am busy doing this LOL

new2me2-Well done for keeping to your plan

Ceejay Welcome back from your holiday

Nuxmaga, Credit for counting calories. I wish they would put some health food in vending machine.

seadwaters- Hi – Yep I know where Gosford lived in Manly1971 – 76. Very hard to organize food when you have many appointments. Well done on yesterdays loss .

BillBlueEyes- Is Pot luck like taking food to friends and creating a buffet or smorgasboard. I like the name of it will have to start using it over here. Well done for not eating the pecans.

Lexxiss- Emotion play a big part in our eating so well done for sticking to it.

wndranne Happy Birthday

Beverlyjoy- That sounds pretty stressfully Beverlyjoy. Some people are never happy and no matter what you do it won’t be right. I always find in clubs etc they just don’t come again and the place is a lot better with out them. Boy if you took 152 plants to swap what would do with that many when you get home. You will need to have a big yard or are they sellers at markets. Well done for TV eating I am finding it a bit easier as the days go by.
gardenerjoy- Good on you for taking your lunch, if its like our zoo it will be a lot cheaper to take your own lunch and healthier.

Shepherdess- You were lucky getting home in that weather. Hard to imagine the
lambs in snow, especially coming from Australia though I have seen kangaroos in snow. Isn’t it suppose to be going into summer over there.

FutureFitChick, Thoughts are with you in your losses. Hopefully the awful days are behind you.

Cheers ThisTime7
Closed Thread