Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2010, 05:33 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 160/ticker/133

Height: 5'5"

Hellooo! Not much to report today, pretty average. Italian oral was HORRIBLE but I suppose I scraped a pass...flipping hope so since I worked so hard! Going into hospital to have my nose operated on (I have a "deviated septum") so I won't be posting tomorrow unless I can get on early in the morning

day 5 today so concentrating on eating slowly and mindfully, noticing every bite. Did okay at this, however this is a major problem area for me...not tasting food and just wolfing it down. There was the odd moment when I was talking to friends that I was mindlessly eating, however, I quickly snapped back and continued tasting. I must say it is a much more satisfying way of eating so I believe that deserved credit for making the effort

Also went for a spontaneous run today since I randomly felt that I had too much energy to be sitting around *credit*...felt much much better afterwards and completed day1 week 6 of C25K

Checklist Day 5
- Read response cards: yes *credit*
- Ate slowly and mindfully: most of the time *credit*
- Ate sitting down: all of the time *credit*
- Remembered to give myself credit: yes *credit*

See you soon xxx
Old 05-18-2010, 08:07 PM   #197  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Talking Wednesday am from my iPhone

Hi Coaches
I find that I can log on from phone but a fairly unsatisfactory experience. But at least I can post if not read confortably. It has the advantage of iPhones predictive texting which is cool.

I have been reading the green book and calculating my calorie allowance which seems very generous but I will give it a go. I can see why it is not on the shelves in Australia yet as there is no attempt at metric measurements which is unusual. Lots of conversions to be done.

I have been continuing with aqua fitness (supposedly light and easy!) second daily and yesterday saw an exercise physiologist who I will see weekly until problems sorted out. I can actually feel improvements in strength and stamina which is great. Hopefully I will get good enough that I can actually burn some calories with my feeble attempts at exercise!

My weight is holding even with some major off plan eating over the weekend. Now to the green book and pen and paper until my PC gets sorted out. And yes I am very grateful that I am getting the opportunity to back everything ip in five minute chunks. Hope there are few typos in this.

Cheryl
Old 05-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #198  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 149/128/123(next goal)

Height: 4'11"

Just wanted to say a quick hello to all of you (and thanks again Beverly for checking on me!) I'm doing pretty well. I've been spending a lot of time writing in my journal and that's taken up my message board time. I'm okay with that for now, but hope to update you all more soon and catch up on what's been going on with you.
Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:49 PM   #199  
Practicing Imperfection

Hello All,
I am going to have to try Bill's faux-vending-machine trips, in addition to faux cafeteria and drug store trips! I did stay under my calories today, in spite of the junk, so that is kind of a credit. I went to the gym after work to walk since it was raining, credit. DH is at a baseball game, and usually I get squirrelly with my food when he's not home for dinner, but I measured out a portion of gnocchi and did not go foraging for treats, credit. I spent time in the studio, and that was fun.

seadwaters--the calories seemed high to me too, but I'm finding I can actually meet my goal a lot of the time, and for now, that is good enough. It had never occurred to me that if I ate what seemed like a "big number" that it was still less than what I was doing without monitoring or paying attention!

new2me2--yay for passing on your snack, and sticking to the shrimp appetizer!

wndranne--my inner adolescent seems quite active lately. Kudos for settling yours down.

shepherdess--yay for gardening! and yay for having such memorable wool!

merino girl--credit for recommitting!

beverlyjoy--credit for rationing the m&m's and telling dh to get them out of the house!

Bill--yay for all your vigilance on this trip! Don't underestimate how hard it is to walk away from breakfast buffets.

Lexxiss--kudos for a sane food day, even with dh away. That is great!

Waving to everyone else as it's time to go to bed.
Old 05-19-2010, 05:09 AM   #200  

S/C/G: 283/171/153

Default Newbie

Hi Guys,
Just learning these forums and was wondering about this post that appears each month. Do you chat on here instead of adding new threads. I talked about TV eating and what others did last night but didn't post it on here should I have put it here.
Is this thread created each month and do you just do your daily and weekly achievements on here. Sorry just learning.
Cheers
ThisTime7
Old 05-19-2010, 05:23 AM   #201  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Wednesday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Got to the supermarket so I'll have my full complement of raw veggies for lunch today; CREDIT moi. Blueberries were at a lower price than last week, but still sold in the small 6-ounce clams. I didn't grab them yet, but I'm beginning to drool for them.

Not much exercise, seems to take me forever to recover from a trip.

Anne (wndranne) - I needed your reminder, "Didn't want to. Did anyway." It's easy for me to forget that not wanting to isn't an emergency.

Kim (bennyhannamama) - Waving back; journal away.

Margaret (Nuxmaga) - Kudos for "measured out a portion" - eating feels sane for me when I serve myself the planned volume without letting my brain announce how much I desire. Is approaching summer a busy selling time for you?

Shepherdess - Kudos for carefully skipping your afternoon snack since you didn't get exercise. That's the kind of instant response that Beck suggests that thin people do all the time, but I've yet to learn. Are the lambs still nursing? How long until lamb childhood ends?

Beverlyjoy - "2500 plants for trading" is a lot of plants; my DW would go crazy. Hope "Tomato Dave" came with your tomato starts. How does the swap work - does each person swap one-for-one? My DW goes to a garden club where plants people bring to give are placed on a tarp and tickets are sold; you choose your plant in the order your ticket is drawn. You can sit there and watch the plant you really want being passed over by the early choosers and then grab your darling. And sometimes the other way, LOL. It's hard to believe how many plants a gardener can stuff into a small place.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - Kudos for posting from your iPhone. Ouch that your computer is down for restoring your hard disk - hope everything comes back together. I wish the US would get its act together in moving to metric; the government declares we're going metric every few years but it's happening sooooooo slowly. In my work, we are required to label each dimension on drawings in both English and metric units, but we just let the computer calculate the metric and nobody reads it. All equipment goes in "19 inch" racks because that's been the standard for some time now.

MerinoGirl - Like your sound perspective, "It does not matter how long this takes!" Yep, it's the journey that matters.

new2me2 - Kudos for "but I did not snack" - apparently it's stellar on-plan today on the Beck thread. Yours is the first post I've ever read of a co-worker bringing in thoughtfully small portions of a treat.

jynx - Yep, definitely credit for noticing that you were distracted from tasting your food. Beck, like everyone else, recommends eating with friends to slow down the process and enjoy it more. But sometimes I can let that distract me from noticing how much I'm eating. Good luck with your operation and recovery.

Readers -
Quote:
day 27
Master the Seven Questions Technique

Over time, as you practice these ideas
again and again, you'll begin to automatically
respond to your sabotaging thoughts,

even without Response Cards.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 199.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:08 AM   #202  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi folks....yesterday was a healthy day - always grateful for that. My string of healthy days showed at the scale this week as I am down two pounds from last week when I weighed. I am happy and grateful for that too! (as you know, it doesn't always show up on the scale)

Yesterday I had one of my favorite dinners - Thai noodle salad (ww noodles with a spicy peanut butter sauce) I'll post the recipe. I am grateful to be able to eat fun tasty food and still lose some weight. I made this meal early in the day and thought about it all day long...really wanted to eat it before dinner time. I used my reisitance techniques to wait until dinner. Whew.

Today I am going to have dinner again with my mom. She's not been feeling very well and I think it will cheer her up.

slow mindful eating - some of the time
fork down between bites - some of the time
TASTE the food - alot of the time
feel fullness - some of the time
no seconds - all the time
eat only when seated - all the time
plan, log, measure, count calories - my food - all the time
lots of water
gratitudes
gave credit
used resistance techniques

stretches and strengthening = no
beck book -no
arc/rc - no

Billbe - as for how the swap works. I've adopted a round robin type of swap method. When folks get to the park, they sign in with their amount of plants/trades. We have areas sectioned out with plant types/signs (groundcovers, sunnies, shade plants, tall grasses, daylilies, herbs/veggies, annuals, shrubs, garden ornaments/doodads etc) Folks put out their plants in the right 'spot' and start looking around. After the potluck we do the swapping. We do it in rounds - round one everyone take one plant, round two everyone take two plants, round three - three plants and so on. Folks are asked to take the amount that they brought. There's always so much extra that folks usually get more than they bring. It's all done on the honor system. Mimi and I are not the 'plant police'. If folks steal/take way lots extra , shame on them. Most people are pretty honest about it. I know most garden clubs are much more strict about a plant for plant trade - we are more casual at this swap. It is always so much fun. So many of the same folks come every year. I put up a notice at the same internet garden forum with the information every year.
The berries are looking so good lately...especially the blackberries!

this time. - welcome! I think people do a little of both as far as posting goes. There’s always the monthly chat/support thread. But, also - folks post other things too. You could post your question in both spots and see where it gets answered. So glad you joined us. As far as eating in front of the TV goes - in the Dr. Beck’s first book she suggests that you learn to eat away from the tv and distractions - but, also learn to eat with distractions because that’s how life is. So, I do a little of both - tv on & tv off. In a perfect world we wouldn’t eat in front of the tv. If I did that, I wouldn’t ever eat with DH. He likes to eat with tv on and doesn’t budge from that. (he has no weight concerns) So when I eat with hime, the tv is on. ( I’ll put this info at your thread too!)

Nuxmaga - many good credits! - the gym and managing your dinner well while dh was at the ball game. Excellent

Kim - so glad you checked in. Journalling is so, so helpful. Take care now.

Jinx - I hope your surgery goes well. Will be thinking of you. You said - talking to friends that I was mindlessly eating, however, I quickly snapped back and continued tasting. I do that too! I think we just need to keep practicing.

Merino girl- so glad to hear of your two pound loss!! Yes…sometimes it’s hard to make time for all this beck ‘stuff’. But, in the long run - it’s so helpful when we do. Great list!

Shepardess - gardening is exericise. I am glad you got to spend time in the garden and were able to forgo your snack. Carry on!

Wndramme - the brownie incident is over - we all make mistakes with our food and then we learn from them, forgive ourselves and move on. Credit for getting that run in when you didn’t really want to!

New2me2 - so many temptations jumped up from out of the blue…that’s hard. Dr. Beck says to ‘save them for later when they are planned”. I find that very hard to do, usually. Big credit for staying with your shrimp plan and forgoing a snack before bedtime. Excellent!!!

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-19-2010 at 06:55 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:53 AM   #203  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello Beck friends

I've had a bit of a poor start to my day and have decided to switch gears and start over. I've been working like crazy for a benefit for a departed friend on Sunday. I started baking cookies yesterday(8 dz) and planned on continuing. I'm usually able to bake without a problem(I tasted 1 yesterday) This AM, I was going to start packaging for the sale-it was time for another legitimate taste test and they are super hard-not the product I was hoping for...disbelief...taste another...well 4 cookies confirmed they were *cr*p* and already a serious threat to my sanity. So, I've moved them to the freezer for later decisions, packed up the supplies for return and am changing my plan-hard for me; I'm such a perfectionist. *credit* for recognizing this.

Start over-I had a good day yesterday, ate healthy and stayed busy....exercised and actually got a good night's sleep. I'd like the same for today. I realized I was overbooked for today, so opted out of a gathering at the sewing shop and will go to the pool instead. I think I'll do some Beck reading this AM instead of cookie baking.*credit*

BillBlueEyes, I'm like you, drooling over blueberries in excruciatingly small containers. I passed them up, too. *credit* for focusing instead on raw veggies for satisfying lunches.

CeeJay, glad to hear from you and now you're off again. I'll think of you walking, eating healthy and pumping weights while DH fishes.lol

seadwaters, I DO go to bed early. My DH starts munching the minute dinner is finished and since we have a small house it's either sit next to him on the couch and endure or go to bed and read. I fall asleep early, and have early mornings to myself. I hope your computer issue is resolved quickly. Lots of *credits* today!

Beverlyjoy, (I smiled )that DH knows to keep his food out of your sight! Thanks for sharing about your plant swap. We had a great one in Alaska, and I need to check out the one here. I'd like to meet Tomato Dave. *credit* for thinking the event through with respect to food choices. Your post today reminded me that I used resistance techni ques yesterday! *credit* to both of us. Hope your mom starts feeling better.

MerinoGirl, with me, "rhythm" still comes and goes. I just keep practicing. I find if I don't check in early, I don't get here. *credit* for setting your mini goal. I like your card for 10#.

Shepherdess, *credit* for a Spring push in your garden and skipping your afternoon snack.

wndranne, *credit* for running when you didn't want to. (Love it! Bwa ha ha ha ha.)

new2me2, "oops and triumphs" For me, that is life, as I walk through the process of learning new life habits. When you have lots of food restrictions, a special GF treat is nice...rerouting chocolates that came in the mail...practice, practice.

jynx, I love an "average day"! Hope your surgery went well. I caught myself mindless eating last night. *credit* for snapping back into food reality.

Kim, glad to hear from you. *credit* for extensive journaling and checking in.

Nuxmaga, *credit* for staying within your calories, and for deciding to give Dr. Beck's recommendation a try. When I eat on my plan(similar to Dr B's), I find the calories don't add up nearly as fast when I choose sensible foods. I love reading labels and was suprised that a bag of Doritos that I could mindlessly eat in an hour contains 1800 cal. and 96 g of fat. Talk about a diet buster!

ThisTime7, All the sub-forums are different-I post on the South Beach forum and they start a new thread every day, others, including Beck, do a monthly. I read your post this morning and will respond here. *credit* for making the decision to desist with TV eating. I'm interested to hear your observations as you learn to live without that combo.!

Ok, cookies are in my past, and I'll feel grateful for the opportunity to "get back on track" TODAY!

Have a good day, everyone!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-19-2010 at 09:26 AM.
Old 05-19-2010, 10:10 AM   #204  

S/C/G: 283/171/153

Default Conversion chart

Thanks for welcome guys. I'm from down under and we are metric is there a conversion table on this site. My starting weight was 128.5kilo's and so far I am down to 125.3kilo's
I have been on the Becks for 4 weeks but haven't move onto stage 2 yet. My counselor went to a Beck's Lecture in the States in December 09 and came back with getting me started on it. I had a few other body issues to deal with but now we are into the book. This it the first time I am thinking of me and not the food. I have to report into him once a fortnight and also email him each day to keep me on track. One of his task was for me to get a buddy on line so that I would keep motivated. I love this site as you all have so much information and its good to hear others doing the same thing.
Can't weight to get my ticker
Cheers ThisTime7
Old 05-19-2010, 10:16 AM   #205  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

Yesterday I was able to get a run in, dig around in the garden and get some work done. What a great day. I did have a late, unexpected meeting in the afternoon, missed my afternoon snack and was pretty hungry by the time I got home. I should have just waited for dinner, but I succumbed to the chips my DH was munching. I did stick to a single portion, a minor victory for me since my brain tells me that those 15 chips are too small. I usually think a serving is whatever I can stuff in my face before feeling disgusting. I did decline when DH asked me if I would like the ice cream I brought home and had planned to have after dinner. So I guess it all worked out.

Wndranne, having a better day after a slip-up is still progress. You caught the mistake before it started to grow. Kudos for going for your run even when you weren’t feeling like it. LOL at taking “my inner adolescent to work and let her run amok there.”

New2me2, a day of “oops and triumphs” sounds like a normal day to me. Kudos for sticking to your plan at a birthday dinner and for recognizing when you weren’t hungry. I think it’s fine to allow yourself the occasional treat. The trouble that so many of us run into, like Nuxmaga pointed out the other day, is that we have several occasional treats a day. The challenge is how to enjoy them while still keeping them occasional.

Jynx, ouch for a horrible exam, but hope it turns out OK. Best of luck in surgery tomorrow. Eating mindfully and slowly is a tricky one, but it is important and worth working at. I still struggle with it. Kudos for getting out for a run. There’s no better form of therapy.

Seadwaters, yay for giving the diet in the Green Book a go. I had thought the calorie allowances were too large, but I slowly and steadily dropped weight on it. I realized that earlier programs I was on had me chronically under-eating, setting me up for failure. So great job trying it. The scale will tell you whether or not it is working.

Bennyhannamamma, great to see you again. Hope all is well and the journaling is good for the soul.

Nuxmaga, kudos for staying under your calorie limit even with the real vending machine runs. I love the idea of faking a run because what you’re really looking for is a break. Great job measuring your gnocchi and skipping another potentially dangerous food situation.

Welcome ThisTime7! We’re all on the Beck Diet Solution or Beck Diet for Life plan and we come here to keep ourselves accountable. I check here everyday, as do others, just to report successes and failures, get encouragement from a great group and find solutions to things I’m struggling with.

BillBE, yay for a fridge full of veggies for healthy lunches. I love those fresh blueberries. I guess if something is going to call to you, it might as well be full of anti-oxidants. The lambs are still nursing. Lambs can eat grass after just a few weeks, but they are just building up the enzyme in their stomachs to digest it. They can be safely weaned after 8 weeks, but we don’t separate the lambs from the ewes until September. They might still be nursing a bit, but by then, they can get all their calories from grass.

Beverlyjoy, congrats on another 2 lbs down! Thai noodle salad sounds wonderful. I love spicy food because it can be so satisfying in small portions, but it would be hard to know it was in the fridge and wait until dinner.

Lexxiss, yay for starting over when your day wasn’t going so great! Sorry about the cookie disaster. I’m a perfectionist when baking cookies as well, so I understand your frustration. Kudos for putting it behind you and doing great after hitting the reset button.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #206  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning Becksters!

I finally practiced my Hunger Tolerance, lol. Not so much by choice, however. I had my annual physical today and had to fast for bloodwork. But, instead of taking a snack with me to eat in the car on the way home, I decided I could certainly wait another 20 minutes to eat. Then, when close to home, decided to go to the bank. Once home, I decided to get some laundry going. I'm only now am I having my usual morning protein shake. The normal pattern would have included a lot more than that, lol. On a usual morning, even with Beck, I'd have eaten two times already, lol. So, yay, credits galore!

The exam went well I think. My pulse was 60, BP 100/70, they weighed me at 160 with all clothes on, lol. I talked to her about my neck which has been hurting a lot more lately. Last year she wanted me to to vigorous exercise 3 times a week and weights 2 times, but today she said that if it's making my neck hurt more so that I have to take more anti-inflamatories, that's not good. So, I'm going to look into either joining a gym or getting some kind of equipment at home. She suggested a recumbant bike. Used to have one of those--don't any more, LOL. I won't go to a gym, so I think a bike is probably in my future.

Later today, eye exam, so I'm trying to do everything that involves my eyes now, lol!

Oh, and my green book came yesterday. I don't think I'll start it until I finish the pink one though!

jynx: Hope your surgery went well and you recover quickly. I tend to wolf my food down too, I'm really trying but having a hard time breaking that old habit!

seadwaters: I haven't tried logging on from my phone...may not now that I've read your post, lol.

bennyhannahmama: Glad you are doing well!

Nuxmaga: great credits you had!

ThisTime: WELCOME!!!! I think you can post a thread if you want...this one is nice for some encouragement though! Sorry, I don't know of any quick conversion tables.

BillBlueEyes: Yeah, takes me forever to recover from a trip as well. I'm lucky to have some great co-workers. This one is very mindful of all my OTHER restrictions as well.

Beverlyjoy: Congratulations on 2 lbs down!!! Great job on waiting until dinner for your noodles! Hope your mom feels better!

Lexxiss: Ouch...your cookie tasting sounds exactly like something I would do! Wow, major credit for realizing you were overbooked!

Shepherdess: I had to laugh about the stuffing comment, until I realized that's exactly what I do! Yeah, the problem with me is that the ocassional becomes commonplace.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #207  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Smile Thursday Morning

Hi Coaches
I am taking a chance on using the computer for this so will be brief before it crashes! It goes to hospital today so who knows. I hate not responding to all your posts - but I read them to stay on track

Credits
- Read A&R cards - Yes - daily
- Planned my day - Yes - still using lists
- Made food plan - Yes - wrestling with the new unfamiliar Green Book plan
- Food on-plan - Yes
- Posted to the list -Yes
- Ate mindfully and seated every time - a few nibbles at the sink!
- Put down fork occasionally - surprisingly no
- Weighed myself - yes 118
- Drank water - more than usual
- Exercise - yes - Mon, Tues and Wednes
- Resistance techniques - yes - often
- Consciously gave credit for positive eating / exercise behaviours - Yes

Working on
Habits, exercise, and a sensible plan with MUCH higher calories than I usually admit to

Keep at it
Cheryl

Last edited by GosfordGirl; 05-19-2010 at 06:56 PM.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:16 AM   #208  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Thursday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Was looking at a diagram in a textbook that included adipose tissue (body fat) with the notation that it gets created by the body in response to an excess of food and never goes away - just expands or shrinks. Ouch. I knew that, but it hurts every time I'm reminded that I added tissue to my body that healthy eating keeps in its shrunken state but is eager to store anything extra to help me out. It's a reminder that the Previously Over Weight (POWs) have a different metabolism than the Never Over Weight (NOWs). Maybe we can take away the stigma of obesity by referring to people of weight as adiposed instead of fat, LOL.

Gym and eating, OP and OP; CREDIT moi and CREDIT moi.

Shepherdess - LOL at "I usually think a serving is whatever I can stuff in my face before feeling disgusting." That's the best argument for eating quickly, you can get more in before you realize that you gotta stop. Thanks for the update on the lambs.

Beverlyjoy - Congrats that the scale noted your string of "healthy days" - Yep, sometimes that scale doesn't.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - LOL at typing quickly to beat the computer crash. Do you have any tips for converting the Green Book recipes to metric? Wondering if Beck has done that on her website - she's got readers in a lot of metric countries.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Kudos for "switch gears and start over" - good reminder that that's a possibility instead of the old might-as-well-continue-in-the-dumps kind of thinking.

new2me2 - Congrats on the good numbers from your annual physical. And Yep, Kudos galore for executing the Hunger Tolerance exercise. How much hunger did you feel?

ThisTime7 - It's just fine to post here or in a separate thread. I tend to think of this thread as serving as Diet Coach/Buddy where we report to each other for accountability and other threads as topics of interest. But there are no hard rules - feel free to try both ways until you decide what works for you. And Yep, this thread starts anew each month. Again, there isn't a compelling reason that it isn't weekly or daily. The argument for weekly is that it might feel more welcoming to new people faced with its huge size. The argument for monthly is that it tends to stay on the first page of a Google search and easier for new folks to find.

Congrats on the seven pounds (3.2 kg) lost already. Some folks convert kilos to pounds by multiplying by 2.2; others double the pounds then add 10 percent of that. My preference is that you somehow convert the US into using metric, LOL.

Readers -
Quote:
day 28
Get Ready to Weigh In

Tomorrow marks the end of your second week of dieting. When you get up in the morning, step on the scale. Wear the same weight clothing as you wore last week. Calculate your change in weight, add a new dot on your weight-loss graph (page 174), and connect the dots.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 204.
Old 05-20-2010, 06:17 AM   #209  
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Welcome ThisTime7

ThisTime7

And, in honor of your first month on 3 Fat Chicks,

How did you find out about the Beck books?

How did you find 3FC and this Beck thread?
Old 05-20-2010, 06:50 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Hi beck coaches/buddies..

Yesterday was my weigh day and I got through it without overeating. CREDIT That is always hard for me - I made a response card for this action and did the Seven Question thingy too with my thoughts of "I can make it up later". I am grateful for the willingness to this. I used my resistance techniques to not overeat last night.

Had dinner with Mom. She didn't feel well enough to go out..so, the got the new Wendy's salad I"ve been talking about (chicken, pecans, apples, pomegranete dressing) and brought 2 salads over to her apartment. She loved and it was a healthy meal. Credit.

I ended up getting my new car key done yesterday because they didn't have the 'blank' for it when I went on Monday. I mis-heard them about the price. The key was $145 not $45 dollars as I thought. Plus - $75 dollars to program it. I almost fainted. But, it was my 'lucky' day - Wednesday is Ladies Day at the dealership and I got out the door for $185 only? I am lucky I happened to be there on Ladies Day.

I got a copy of Dr. Beck's second book...the workbook one. I spent my 90 minutes waiting for my new key looking at that new book and redoing some of my response cards to include some of the same information said in a different way. As far as I can tell, one of the main differences is that in the first book, Dr. Beck says to weigh every day or once a week. It seems to me she suggests every day in the second book. I think I'll stay with my once a week, however. (maybe twice)

Today I have much to do to get ready for the Plant Swap on Saturday. Appointments, office work, and a hair cut.

Yesterday:

slow mindful eating - some of the time
fork down between bites - some of the time
TASTE the food - alot of the time
feel fullness - some of the time
no seconds - all the time
eat only when seated - almost all the time (but once I didn't - darn)
plan, log, measure, count calories - my food - all the time
lots of water
gratitudes
gave credit
used resistance techniques
beck book -yes
arc/rc - yes

exercise/spontaneous exercise = no

I will be back later for personals. Have a GREAT day.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-20-2010 at 06:53 AM.
Closed Thread