Old 01-12-2012, 07:45 AM   #61  

yes, we have tartar sauce here. I'm not a big fan of it. My sister really loves it with fish. I'm a ketchup person myself

I'm glad you found something you like and that it has less carbs

you're making me want some deviled eggs LOL!

I weigh exactly today what I weighed yesterday. I know it's silly to hope for another pound lost, but I did. At least it didn't go up
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:36 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

I do love ketchup (which we call tomato sauce, even when we're using the heinz ketchup, lol), but unfortunately none of the brands here are particularly low carb. When I first went low carb (south beach) I noticed it really triggered cravings so I've been staying away from it entirely.

Yay for not going up Rho! I did go up slight (back at 180 again) but I'm expecting TOM tomorrow or next day and I usually go up about 5 pounds. So I'm hoping for a major whoosh end of next week. Meanwhile staying on track.
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:28 PM   #63  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Back from "Aud's Freak Snowstorm (mis) Adventure" So went to work at 4pm . . . stepped outside around 2am to check on reports that the freakishly warm weather we were having had taken a turn and boy howdy were they right! It had been like 50ish the last few days and now was in the high 20's with 40mph wind gusts! But oh well it IS January right? Went back outside at 4am quit time and had to scrape the ICE off my car/blizzardy conditions. I drive 33 miles of county roads (secondary/non-highway miles) to get home and had to PULL off as it turns out that all the salt/blade trucks had been dispatched to HIGHWAY shutdowns/wrecks.

Long exhausting story short---didn't get home til 7am or to bed til 8am.

I guess that was one way to flip the body clock over to night shift?

Back to Atkins> There used to be low carb/no sugar sections at stores here . . . no longer. When I was pantry stocking this last time I noticed that most of this kind of stuff is right next to the "regular" version of whatever I'm looking for. I've got some "No Sugar Added" catsup I haven't tried yet . . . and some low carb sweet pickles that are DELISH - both right next to their sugary counterparts. Planning to look for some tartar sauce now - which I love but had forgotten about - tx for the reminder!

My Big Girl/25 is moving back home today (thank you Dear Lord) - its a freezing 19 degrees (but sunny) and her first request (read: demand) is a big pot of my famous chili. My plan is to have some but not to go cray-cray . . . we shall see!

Cya all later!
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:33 PM   #64  
aud
lc lifestyle

ETA: Just updated and realized it's Friday the 13th---egads on the move back home?
Old 01-14-2012, 08:31 AM   #65  

Aud, your Friday the 13th lived up to its name! My Friday the 13th was awful as I had to deal with the ex-husband and my daughter's stepmonster.

My daughter is 14 and she is voicing her opinion more and more and they don't like it that she doesn't want to go there every other weekend anymore. She's at an age where she wants to spend time with her friends on the weekends and not all weekend at dad's house, especially since he works on Saturday's anyway and she really only gets to see him on Sundays.

The stepmonster said some ugly things to my daughter through text so I stepped in and let her have it. yesterday morning was rough with my daughter crying, but the day got better.

That was the first time I wanted to cheat on my diet. There must really be something addicting to carbs as some people would be wanting a cigarette during stress and others alcohol. I wanted carbs lol... I didn't cheat though

Aud, our Walmart here used to have tons of LC stuff, but that was years ago. Now you have to search for it and there isn't a huge selection. Oh well, maybe they will eventually get it that this is the healthiest diet to do.

I'm reading "Why We Get Fat" by Gary Taubes. Have any of you read that? he is pro-LC all the way. He digs deep to the science of why this is the healthiest diet for everyone. I know it must be for me cause I feel goood and I'm not bloated. No heartburn.

The next book I want to read is "Wheat Belly"

Ok enough about books. I made some cheese "chips" last night and they were great! yummy!

I'm down another pound this morning
Old 01-14-2012, 02:05 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 247.6/236.0/135

Height: 5 ft 3 inches

Had an up and down week.

Sorry, I don't know if I posted about the new part time job. My day job (aka pays the bills) is behind, so working about 50 hrs/week. they've been promising help, but providing little. Then an opportunity to teach comes up, can't say no, it's what I've always wanted to do. It's 10 hrs/week commitment. I'm the "sidekick" teacher, not the primary. How do I decline that!!! 8 week commitment, then re-evaluate and sign next contract. I'll be running from job to job part of the week, and the rest of the week doing overtime to catch up main job. It also includes travel time in da car (got a new to me car - geo metro - can we say fill up the tank, monthly?) It already stranded me once, bad battery, caused a late night waiting on DH after leaving work late, caused a chinese buffet moment, caused a cow on my ticker. Bad day moment. Car is otherwise running like a top. New battery working great. It was a used car....

I'll do that, make a list of food ideas. Good thing for this weekend to do. That and get some food prep done ahead. AND LAUNDRY. anyhooo...

Never tried nuking a clove garlic with my cauli - sounds great. Will test that one.

Got a cow for last night too. We went to Ryans - big buffet for my friends who don't have one. I ate TOTALLY on plan. For real. Big salad, steak pieces, green beans, cabbage, etc. All good. Diet soda, coffee at the end instead of dessert. then DH wanted to see a movie - saw Contraband - pretty good. Had diet coke, and about 4 C buttered movie popcorn - OOPS. Not the worst thing I could do, but it was off plan. Did a little shopping, laid in a few low carb convenience items for "back ups"- precooked chicken breast, bag salads, salad bowl premade, precut veggies, tuna foil pkgs etc. Today/tomorrow I'll make a list and do some prep work for the week.

Today: coffee with cream, atkins bar (I eat one a day), steak and salad right now. I could easily eat a steak every day if I could afford it!

Did lose another pound this week. So, things are working ok for me even with those 3 stupid cows.....

Last edited by Arkansas Kel; 01-14-2012 at 09:59 PM.
Arkansas Kel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #67  

BTW, I cooked my steak in some leftover scampi sauce (I premake and keep in fridge for quick shrimp). Doesn't even need sauce. YUMMO!
Old 01-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #68  

Kel, yesterday was bad for you too! I guess Friday the 13th really caused havoc on us!

I'm laughing about you and your cows LOL!

I'm scared to have a bad day and have to put a devil ! haha!
Old 01-14-2012, 09:29 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

That's a shame about Friday the 13th being a curse *shakes fist!*

I've managed to stay on track, though I have eaten an awful lot of cream cheese and sour cream lately, more than the specified limits. Oops. I'm losing, but not huge amounts so my calories might be a bit high. I was excited with the ketostix though, at first I was only getting the 'trace' reaction and I wasn't even sure if that really was a change but last time I got the next colour up so it's working! And I feel great - no low carb flu at all for me this time, yay.
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:45 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Everyone is doing so well despite all the crud going on - I'm still here but have been crazed this week -- ordered the new washer and dryer then cleaned out the old and cleaned up the basement near there (oh so much more to do down there but what a difference in how I feel about going down into the pits of ****- there is 2 houses worth of stuff down there and all hubbies various hobbies and his gun repair area and our house isnt big lol) plus got rid of a chest freezer that didn't work anymore down there (now only two more regular upright ones that are frozen shut and I don't dare unplug until I can defrost them and get stuff out hopefully in the spring) and got rid of the old hot water heater we replaced .... I'm thrilled and our friend who took them is happy too he took it to a recycle place and got $150 for it all - I had to give up the dream that we would ever do it

So the past two days I have been doing nonstop laundry - and getting hubs ready to leave Monday (which means leaving here at 4:30 am to get him to the airport on time) then this week I will be in throw out, move stuff, clean mode while he is gone ... So I probably won't be on a lot next week either..

Still on plan and losing ... Made short ribs in the crock tonight from Dana's slow cooker book - it was pretty good ... Tomorrow making chicken in horseradish sauce from the same book (trying to get some stuff done to have leftovers to heat up next week) and I'm going to make chicken wings to nibble on too.

I try to at least read every day even when I've been to tired to comment .... Oh and I understand car issues - my new to me car keeps having the tire pressure light come on - hubs isn't worried - but I'm the one that will have to drive his junk heap if anything happens (not because it is old but because he has so much stuff in the cab of it) not to mention I want to drive MY car lol

Kel can you share a recipe for your scampi sauce you keep made ahead sounds good..

Vi that so sucks that you daughter is having to go thru this and then so are you -

Aud - oh no one the snow and ice... Not fun at all!

Oh and was talking to a friend the other day and she pointed out something - I have way more energy than I did even 6 months ago - have you all noticed that too..

You all are doing great. And have a super week!
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:10 PM   #71  
aud
lc lifestyle

Gosh, went through a lot of what you described with my 25yo move-back-home daughter vi . . . even down to nicknaming her stepmom---"stepmonster" lol. Hang in there, I really know what you are going through. (Not to mention my other/baby DD is age 14!) <Who is currently driving me bats for her "turn" on this computer . . .

Glad to see everyone checking in . . I read along too when too busy/tired to post and get such strength.

Have had chicken and fish going yesterday and today . . . determined not to make this WOL switch into the "caveman diet" like I have in the past. Couldn't find low carb/reduced sugar tartar sauce . . . but did find a LC "horseradish sauce" that was really kind of yummy/different on tilapia fillets.

Where are Dana's crockpot recipes? Short ribs sound so good for this cold snap we're having . . . do you make them with kraut? I've been enjoying a bit more vegetables than are really called for, but they're satisfying my overreating bug, ya know? Roasted turnips and parsnips here and there . . . love as much as potatoes!

Last edited by aud; 01-14-2012 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:34 AM   #72  

Ana, I'm glad those ketostix are changing for you! I'm also glad you didn't have the atkins flu!

Rho, thanks for your kind words! I'm so glad you have more energy on this WOE!

Aud, I also thank you for your kind words. It seems so many people have problems with the stepmonsters lol...

Well guys, I had to put my first devil for last night. I was so stupid and ate some cookies. I felt terrible afterwards. I should've had my sugar free cranberry juice that I always have when I want something sweet. I think I'm PMSing and want chocolate! haha..

So, I'm going forward and not looking back! darn devil! grrrrrr
Old 01-15-2012, 12:00 PM   #73  

I changed my encore's to claps - the encores were getting big on the lines. I want to do a line per week or two, or I'm starting to lose my place. But all the same my motto is "NO MORE COWS NO MORE COWS!!!"

I don't have dana's crockpot book, but maybe... just maybe... I need it? Puttin in on the wish list. Do you guys get the chicken horseradish recipe from the 200 or the 300 book? It looks like two options, and DH LOVES horseradish and LOVES chicken so i want to start with that one.

Rho: I understand the energy thing. I have way more on LC than on the SAD way of eating.

After shopping Friday night with DH his knee swelled up, major swelled up. It has crepitis (creaking, popping) when he moves. I told him, ice, rest, motrin and drop some weight. He knows how to LC, but opts out a lot when he's on his own. Well, today he's off with his friend for awhile and he asked me what he could eat at Burger King. I guess he's back on track now too. He said he did notice the knee hurting as his weight went up. UM HMMM.

Today's on track. But always is when it's still so very early in the day. I did make it all the way yesterday. I have a second steak cooked for emergencies LOL.

I will post the scampi recipe, soon as I find it. It's adapted from somewhere else (not sure where) and written on a paperscrap. But it is so good and adds so much flavor for just a little bit. I agree, we should all have it in the fridge. I'll post it later today when I can find it - over in the recipes section. Stay tuned!

Last edited by Arkansas Kel; 01-15-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:21 PM   #74  
aud
lc lifestyle

My overeating/binge monster comes out late at night-whether I'm on 1st or 2nd shift-but most of the time when I'm LC'ing, I can keep that bad boy under control. I think I've done pretty good making this switch to night shift and managed to stay up til 5am this morning so I don't get turned around this week. Glad to have Dr. MLK day off as the DD move in has led to about 25 other "cleaning" projects . . . DD14 "cleaned out" the upstairs for Big Sissy's move back and brought down 8 gigantor trash bags full of "trash" . . . thats what kept me up til 5am sorting . . . and omgomgomg good thing I did . . . girl had thrown out NEW things . . . school supplies . . dishes . . . and most heartbreaking of all - packs of photographs and elementary school pics to name a few

I get a blank stare when I asked "What were you thinking?"

This is sort of my morning, so haven't really addressed yet - (other than she's washing a bathtub full of dishes in soapy bleach water right now) - there were a few times in the Wee Hours I thought of stuffing my face and going to bed but decided to try being good to myself (wonder of wonders eh?) . . . I made myself a small real cocoa with splash heavy cream, bigger splah of half n half, water and DaVinci SF white chocolate (around 11pm) then around 3am had a cup of some kind anti-oxidant blueberry lipton tea I'd gotten (coupon) Both yum!

Just put the short ribs & kraut & turnips in the crock . . . sorry for the ramble . . . it's one of those days (but at least not the 13th lol)

Will check back in later . . .
Old 01-16-2012, 11:26 PM   #75  

Hey, today I got the clap again - LOL! and I don't want nuthin' to cure it!

Can't find Scampi recipe. I'll keep it in mind when I figure out where the Hades I put it and get it posted. It's hand written on a paper scrap because I altered the recipe so much. so, it's probably camouflaged on the back of an envelope or something.

Today was busy, and LONG. But I'll be on overtime this week in no time, so it will all pay off good. Major changes at my job to figure out and straighten up. Plus some stress, because it's all on me. if I mess up too badly, it's my butt and my job.

but later this week - teaching part time job starts - can't wait. It's worth the long night tonight to get it going on then. The sucky thing today, was that it was so warm and pretty I could have driven home with the top down, but instead I worked so late it got too cool to do it. (scowling)

All on plan though. All on man. coffee and cream (aka the usual). salad with leftover steak and my old dull friend ranch dressing (at my desk). homemade trail mix (yes, low carb)(at my desk). some more bites of steak leftovers(at my desk). salad with burger patty (at my desk). diet coke from mcd' drive through (soda only - burger from cafeteria) and a big country rib with dry rub on it (at my kitchen table - YAY!). I'll have another if you don't mind....