Old 01-24-2012, 07:53 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 206/222/160

Height: 5'5.5

Quote:
The reality is that she is a teenager and can eat whatever she wants, but that may not always be the case and so she can actually learn some eating habits from me. Also, it's no secret that I'm overweight. I think when she sees that I am strong and can get healthy with sure willpower that maybe it will be a good example to set.
Quoting this because I think it's great that you're thinking like that. I have vague memories of my mother measuring portions of foods, but we never really talked about healthy eating at home. We ate really well - I wasn't really allowed lollies (um, candy) or to drink soft drink or anything but we added tonnes of sugar to our cereal and that was fine. And the portions of carbs I ate, yowsers. I'm sure I had insulin resistance from birth, it was just being a little kid running around that hid it. Once puberty hit, I couldn't eat like that and maintain my weight but when you're used to eating massive serves of cereal/noodles/etc it's really hard to cut back (but so easy to give them up entirely - who knew?)

So Vi, you're giving your daughter a great start.

Aud, so scary and stressful for you, I'm glad he's ok. Get back on track now and you'll be fine. (don't leave it though, I"m still kicking myself for my off track over christmas time)

I doing fine eating wise. It's great to feel calm and in control. It's allowing me to tinker with stuff (usually I can't even wrap my head around it) which I'm doing because I am not losing any scale weight at all. But feel leaner. Who knows? I keep looking at threads over at another site where people talk about losing inches and not scale weight and it's reassuring... even as it's driving me NUTS!
AnaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #92  
aud
lc lifestyle

S/C/G: 254/234/139

Height: 5'6"

Thanks so much for the pep talk and support VDay Challengers! Feels great, (and yes calming) to be back on track! I did weigh to see the "damage" but it must've been mainly bloat (like 7-8lbs of!) because today I'm right back where I was b4 the ICU/new baby side trip.

Slowly acclimating to night shift and being back in office . . . yesterday particularly brutal (2:30pm-4am) but stayed on track and the cravings are leaving already. I'm reading along in the Wee hours--even when too tired to post, so thanks for being here All!

My dysfunction started at puberty too btw.

Off to add my carrots
aud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #93  
aud
lc lifestyle

PS: When I returned to Atkins/3fc around Xmas I planned on easing back into the lc woe slowly and it's been good (and I feel so good too.) But with two days back on track after the misadventure, I'm thinking that I'm going to commit a little more hard core and count that as Induction and go for the 10 days . . . I need this right now.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:15 PM   #94  
aud
lc lifestyle

Induction going great and feeling good Girls . . . looks like we've got what? 19 days to go in the Challenge? I've dropped a few more bloats and have 10lbs to go to make Goal.

Hope to have time over the weekend--I posted my measurements awhile back (such a GREAT idea to keep track when the scale isn't moving!) in a Sticky. Will be interesting to do a Then and Now lol ("interesting" to say the least)

Hope everyone is doing good and rocking ON with this . . . CYA in the Wee
Old 01-28-2012, 05:20 AM   #95  
aud
lc lifestyle

My Beloved was giving me seizures....tried to find something NON flashing lol........Valentine flower vs "Mr. Sneaky?" Me like . . . Hope all are doing well?
Old 01-28-2012, 11:58 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

I love the valentine flowers and mr sneaky lol. I think I chose dancing carrot because he is always in my face on the side bar

I think things are calming down enough to start posting at least once a day - hubs came home and two days after he was home his back flared up and I've been doing to good wife thing for him hehehehe.

The other day it was beautiful here - temp in the 40's F and sunny so I did errands and was sure to park away from everywhere I wanted to go and walked to them ... It was great but my achellies tendon flared up and reminded me it was there so I babied it for a few days - I so want to get back to walking - I think Monday I will start going back to the Rec Center and I will either use the indoor track and go slow or if no one is on the bikes in the exercise room I will run in there or maybe I will alternate days... The tendon issues worry me because my allergist had the same thing and tried to work thru it and it blew and he had to be operated on and was in a cast for ages. So I will try warming the area and stretching before I go and go slow. I want to add exercise in to my program....especially walking dang it!

Ok gotta go do laundry - fell behind this week and last because of all the cleaning while hubs was away and last week had some major sinus issues (a week of sinus headache no fun) and running up and down the stairs wasn't something I wanted or needed to do lol...

I have no idea what to have for dinner tonight at all! Maybe I'll go get a steak - --a really nice piece of steak for a change -- and get hubs some baby potatoes and roast some veg to go with it and a salad...

Have a great day!
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:59 AM   #97  
aud
lc lifestyle

Down another pound

Just couldn't get moving today but when I read your post about wishing you could exercise rho, I popped some clothes on and rode my bike for nearly an hour/sunset...it's chilly here, but felt GREAT. DH took our 14yoDD grocery shopping afterwards and in convo found out she had NOT stayed the night before at the friends house she had said, but the Mom had taken both girls to another GF's house! Furious at my DD, and also the Mom. When we got back and were unloading the car the tears and drama escalated . . . you hate me/if you'd buy me a cell phone I could have called . . .

These are the times I would stuff-face and what's great is I haven't even thought of it or craved.

Another inspiration from your post rho - pre-meltdown lol - DH bought two really nice T Bones, so after the drama, broiled those pups up, did the cauli-mash and had some bacon laced chopped spinach.

I am stuffed, but in a good way. I am stressed, but not frantic.

Thanks for the support!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:51 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Of course your DD's girlfriend or her mother or the one they went to be with didn't have phones to call you ..... That 14 yr old logic never changes does it lol. That was my one hard and fast rule growing up - if plans changed call home and let them know - and that was pre cell phone and answering machines ..

Congratulations in holding it together and not falling face first into stress foods - that is huge!

Well I ended up not getting the steak and ordering Chinese - got hot and sour soup and ended up throwing it out - tasted like sweat and was thickened with corn starch... And beef and stringbeans with no rice which was ok but just ok ... My tastes have changed for sure .. I spent hours researching which things were best to get too.. Tonight hubs will get the leftovers (he has a whole shrimp lo mein and a few ribs and my leftovers) and I'll come up with something for me. I will get that good steak later in the week though

I decided I'm going to take Lent this year and make it a "clean" period .. In a few ways, going to fast other than 1 cup of coffee in the morning then dinner will be a really good meal on plan with higher fats than usual. And lots of water. But I'm also using it as a time to clean and renew my house and my exercise. And we will have fish 2x a week. I like the idea that it is a finite time to concentrate on.. and it is long enough that some good things I will do (exercise, cleaning program, meal planning) should become habits since they say that takes 3 weeks and this is longer.

I'm saving images that are the way I'd like my home to be eventually and after I get the cleaning and organizing and tossing stuff done I will start planning and this summer will be looking at yard sales and junk shops for cheap pieces I can paint and use to get the feel that I want in my home. This will take lots of time and will be done in baby steps much like my live-it has been done -- but if I can lose almost 60 lbs this way I can change my life and home too!

Have a great day!!
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:17 AM   #99  
aud
lc lifestyle

Hope our other VDay Challengers check back in from time to time rho . . . starting to feel like a babbling internet poster here lol

Shout Out and a How AreYa? to:

desiresdestiny
odirish
violet
sarahinparis &
anabee

Would love to hear from all of you!

I caught about 15 minutes of the show "Supernanny" the other night and it was a mouthy/moody young teen with mega-attitude. The Nanny said to stop all the "talk" and go right for ACTION - and the action is to take away things they like (that the girl felt "entitled" to.) So for the sleepover change-in-plan/lie has DD's Facebook gone ---- and for the neighbors-turning-their-lights-on shouting meltdown while carrying the groceries in --- she's off the telephone. I told her one more eye-roll, and it will be all cosmetics gone. (got an actual JAW DROP with that one!)

I really am at my limit with her...and tired of having my buttons pushed--correction: ALLOWING my buttons to be pushed. I've lived through a rocky roller coaster with my now 25 yr old DD, and NOT having it again.

*fingers crossed*

Sorry to hear about your DH's back and your achilles! I'm 51 and have got to say it seems like lately it's one thing after another? I do the parking far away thing to and steps are just the worst for my back. All the bathrooms at the plant are near the ceiling (I know I know) - so it's like two huge straight up staircases. I avoid like the plague.

Day 7 of Induction went great and got another bike ride in - sunny but chilly afternoon here. These EAS Protein shakes I've concocted are really keeping my crave/binge triggers under control . . . I do less than two scoops, a TBL Cocoa Powder, a splash of DaVinci white chocolate syrup, and a big splash of heavy whipping cream in the Magic Bullet with ice and water---YUM! I swig on that when I know I should have eaten, but wasn't hungry. Then when I do get hungry, I find I can eat portions like a "normal" person (and not a ravenous wolf.) I think it's the protein evening me out....and its also good when I don't feel like planning "snacks."

Down another pound today . . . off to change ticker . . . is it 16 more days til Valentines?

Last edited by aud; 01-30-2012 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 12:31 AM   #100  
aud
lc lifestyle

PS rho: I just have to avoid Chinese . . . well actually I have to avoid almost all kinds of "ethnic" foods . . . Mexican . . . Italian . . . and I've researched too, but I've got "other issues" lol . . . like yeah, I might be able to watch DH pound down some shrimp fried rice and crab rangoon while I nibble my researched lowest carb selection, but have come to learn that I will then at some point "binge" because it makes me feel resentful and deprived. I'm getting better at this with age - realizing that it's very much like being a carb "alcoholic."

Over the years I've had the best luck with NON-buffet steak houses and places that have grilled meat and salad options . . . they keep down that "poor deprived me" syndrome that> puts in my head.
Old 01-30-2012, 11:49 AM   #101  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Hey everyone! Thought I'd pop over and join this challenge.

I'm not starting Atkins again until this weekend as that is when we go grocery shopping, but in the mean time I'm reading up and getting an idea on easy meals I can do since I'm taking care of my newborn daughter all day. It'll be nice when the snow dissappears and we can go for walks again too!

This is hard for me, when I was first with 3FC I went from 194 to 146. I gained almost 20 back when I got pregnant and another 60 during pregnancy. I'm now at 194 again and I need to get away from that number! I don't even fit into my fat clothes anymore because my hips widened during labour

Since I'll only be on it for a week and a half by V Day, I'll make my goal to be in the 180's, so from 194-189.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys!
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #102  

Hey guys, I'm dropping out. I can't do very low carb anymore. I'm going back to calorie counting and just keeping fruits and veggies as my carbs. My energy levels just can't handle this WOE. I wish you all great success
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #103  
aud
lc lifestyle

Good luck vi and Welcome Steph!

If that's a recent pic, you look GREAT and just had a Babe to boot? I lost all my "baby weight" about 12 years ago on Atkins . . . then had bad back injury that ended up a few years later requiring surgery . . . I think of those years as My Magical Mystery Pain Pill Mama Cass years...laying around trying to swallow more food while not choking lol....got up to around 280 or 290 and returned to 3fc and took it down to 220-225 . . . going all the way this time!

I always do better when I plan and grocery shop like you are doing this weekend. Have you ever visited Linda's Low Carb recipe and menu's - as Jersey Girl always said - it's the best LC on the web . . . trying to find the link:

http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html

No weight loss today (I was weighing daily for motivation and to get myself into a "being accountable" frame of mind) but no worries - still feeling energetic and may be losing inches - my bra sure feels like it's fitting better--no "spill over" lol

Leaving early for the nite shift today and super early tomorrow but will still pop by in the Wee . . . off to make my shake . . .
Old 01-30-2012, 06:41 PM   #104  
Losing the baby weight

S/C/G: 224/183/140

Height: 5"4

Quote:
Originally Posted by aud View Post
If that's a recent pic, you look GREAT and just had a Babe to boot?

I wish! It's what I want to get back to though. That's me when I was around 150 ish lbs. I'm 194 right now after the baby. It's kinda inspiring me right now though because I want to look like that so badly again!

I used to use that same low carb site for ideas back when I did Atkins in 2010! I've been going through it today for ideas. Anything easy is great because I have a fussy and demanding kid. She wakes herself up with her farts, haha.
StephanieM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:43 AM   #105  
aud
lc lifestyle

Still loving Inductions--all cravings gone Was down just another pound--think the whoosh is on the way---had to go down a bra size, so know the inches are coming off too.

Hope everyone is doing good---almost sunrise so must hit the hay.