Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 08:47 AM   #436  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

Nothing going on with the scales this week. Still at 200 - which is fine since I'm still sick...when I went to my dr. to weigh this morning, I got a prescription for a different antibiotic. I'm ready to be OVER this sickie. Have a good week everyone.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:34 PM   #437  

hi everyone, just thought i would jump right in. I am so glad I found this board. Of course i am way behind all of you and will not be a 30 lb loser by christmas. My story.....I saw a picture of me at Mardi gras...and gasp...could not believe I let myself get that big, never have weighed this much!!!! blame it on all this fantastic New Orleans food and wine, moved here one and half years ago.

I tried to just do it on my own with lean cuisene, etc...lost 8 lbs in 6 months.

Then nutrisystem for 2.5 months and lost 20 more. Got too expensive so I started looking for an alternative and decided to go with Atkins/low carb.
Today is my second day. Look forward to more posts...very inspirational.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:30 PM   #438  
Less Juicey

Default Welcome, Azalea Girl

New Orleans is a foodie city. I've spent lots of time in the Big Queasy, as we like to call it, and I truly love the city and its people. And the food? OMG!!! My record is gaining 7 pounds in ten days in New Orleans - there's amazing food everywhere. Probably not good for your resolve to list my favorite places and favorite menu goodies...

So, welcome. We're glad to have you. Set an attainable goal for yourself and join our challenge; we're good with that. I hope you'll post often. You'll find lots of support, good ideas, great recipes and friends on this site. Enjoy!
Old 11-06-2010, 07:08 PM   #439  
cher37

Hi ladies

...haven't been in here for a while, but am glad to report that I am still on track to our Christmas goal (with 7 more weeks to go x 2 lbs/week = 14 lbs) will bring me close to my 30 lb goal @ 28.5 lbs

so here's my stats:
SW: 234.5
CW: 220
GW: 204.5

Old 11-06-2010, 09:53 PM   #440  

sandyfanny, I probably have been to all those places you went to. I work a couple blocks from the French Quarter in the CBD at a bank.....so at lunch I walk down Royal and check out all the tourist.....Cher, you are doing great...thanks for the warm welcome all. I will be returning..
Old 11-07-2010, 12:06 AM   #441  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I didn't weigh today, and it's the end of the day so I'll weigh tomorrow morning and report in.

I'm excited about tomorrow...I'll be making this! Stuffed crust pizza!
http://blog.yourlighterside.com/2009...za-recipe.html

I'll be subbing zucchini for cauliflower. I got all of the ingredients today...yum!
Have a great week everyone, and congrats on your losses!

Last edited by Linsy; 11-07-2010 at 12:06 AM.
Old 11-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #442  
Less Juicey

Default Hi, everybody,

Great news, Cher! I'm glad you're on track. It's been rough for the past two weeks. It's like I've hit a mental wall, but I'm trying to get past the tricks my head tries to play on me and the extra aggravation of being sick. I hope the new antibiotic does the trick.

Azaleagirl, one of my daughters used to work with Laurie White, an attorney then, now a judge, in the CBD. The shopping on Royal Street is unbelievable; I spend a fortune there in my head.

Linsy, you sound motivated and strong. Good for you! Have a great week, all.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:25 PM   #443  

Hey ladies - had a slight slip up at dinner last night. Probably knocked myself out of keto, BUT I am back on tract today! I am going to give myself till tuesday to weigh to make sure the water weight is gone.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:21 PM   #444  

my third day and I feel great....Having fun reading the new Atkins for a new you book...very informitative. Made mock potato soup for lunch...wow!!!I can do this, not hungry hardly at all. Just got back also from a great walk in Audumon park. Already down 2.5 lbs...whoo hooooo.....haven't done the ketostiks yet, how many days should i wait? Have a great Sunday. Go Saints!!
Old 11-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #445  
Less Juicey

Default Audubon Park

Audubon Park and The Camellia Grill on Carrollton...super food and the guys on the grill are so funny and entertaining. If you're a regular, they'll slip you a bloody mary on Sunday morning. I'm glad you're doing so well. The walks will help keep you motivated, feeling good and burning some calories.

Ketostix are best bought from Walmart, where they're about $6. If you buy them from a drugstore, prepare to pay as much as $20. Same product, same number in the little container. Ketosis time varies with the individual. For me, it was three or four days before I showed ketones. Some people post that they never show a change, but they're a pretty reliable indicator for me. If I go over about 30 carbs, they stay tan. Not good.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend, everyone.
Old 11-08-2010, 12:31 PM   #446  

Well not too bad I guess, 139.5 today. Am trying for 138.5 tomorrow!
I have been aiming for 20-30 carbs daily. Am considering moving to owl when I reach 135 (10 lbs left to go at that point). May start this weekend.

I feel like I have reformatted my body. Had a sugar binge this weekend, which really wasn't much of a binge, and just felt yucky. I dont like that processed crap in my body any more. Looking forward to adding some higher carb veggies, fruit and whole grains though.

How is everyone feeling?
Old 11-11-2010, 10:58 PM   #447  

I didn't weigh on Saturday, but I weighed today and I'm at 250/251! About 5 pounds down from last time I weighed, I don't remember when that was but a loss is a loss.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:43 AM   #448  

happy friday everyone....ive been out of sorts with catching the flu from my boyfried which really annoys me since I havent felt like exercising.....but i have stayed true to low carb, and still hanging out at 3 lbs lost. Saturday will mark one week. Im really happy about that. I hope to have 3-5 more before Thanksgiving (my birthday) even though I have met my goal for that day which is halfway to final goal. Hope to check back over the weekend. Hagd
Old 11-13-2010, 06:51 AM   #449  

Where are all of the Atkins girls? Sandy, readyfreddy, Steph, Cher, Islandchick?

I feel like I've been talking to myself on this board for 2 days, LOL.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:46 AM   #450  
Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 249/ticker/179

Height: 5'11"

I have not been around or on plan.
I have been caught in a vicious lc/binge cycle... I have started to count calories again in the hopes for some mental sanity.
I have ballooned up to my starting weight for this challenge.

Since I am not on Atkins anymore I wanted to wish you all the best, you're all doing so well and I know you will meet your goals this winter.
Closed Thread