Closed Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 12:37 PM   #451  
Less Juicey

S/C/G: 246/135

Height: 5'5"

I have another 11 pounds to lose to make my challenge weight, and that's what it's going to be: challenging. I've eaten this week OWL, not because I planned to, that's just what I did. I weighed this morning: still at 200. OWL for me apparently means On-going Stuck Scale. Okay, whatever. I'll do better this week - still sort of sick, finishing the second round of antibiotics. Have a good week everyone...special congrats to Linsy!
Old 11-14-2010, 01:22 AM   #452  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Thanks Sandy! I'm sure you'll make it to onederland as soon as you're feeling better. At least you didn't gain, right?

I've noticed that I pretty much stopped craving non lc foods. I now crave taco salads, and yummy salty crispy fried eggs with sausage. I think tomorrow I'm going to either figure out what to do with this taco chicken or make some lc chili dogs. Yum!
Have a good week everyone!
Old 11-14-2010, 12:20 PM   #453  
Less Juicey

Default See Food...

I've gotta stay out of the seafood dives...I had fried shrimp Friday and Saturday nights. And I ate two hushpuppies each night and had two serious vokda/club sodas each night. I'm lucky the scales are stuck and not climbing. What am I thinking?

I have to get my head right again...there's more than usual stress in my life right now plus the holidays are coming. It's not the food over the holidays, it's the expectations, the memories, the people I miss. My rational mind says food won't change any of it, but my emotional mind is too overwhelmed to shop, cook, prep and focus on staying on plan. I have to take time to work this out in my head, so I don't jump off the wagon. Have a good week, Atkins chicks.
Old 11-14-2010, 03:29 PM   #454  
Less Juicey

Default Way to Go, Cher!

I'm glad to hear from you and glad you're on track for our challenge. I miss your posts, but I know everyone's busy. Have a super week.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:48 AM   #455  

hi all....have been really sick so haven't been around. I need to get well so I can have a great vacation week next week. Im not used to laying around on a weekend with great weather. Still on plan, so far lost 5 lbs in 11 days which is great since I have not exercised in 5 days.

Now let the holidays begin, Im filling in at another branch and they are having their tg celebration Wednesday...and my branch next Monday...such huge temptations...I can do it I know I can. And since my birthday is on Thanksgiving, the guys at work want to bring me a cake the following Monday...uggggghhhhhh
Old 11-17-2010, 12:25 PM   #456  

Hi Gang - Sorry to be MIA. I had 2 weeks of VERY off plan. I was sick/friends in town blah blah blah. But I'm back and hoping to still make the christmas challenge! 3 steps forward and 2 steps back is still a step forward!

How is everyone?!
Old 11-17-2010, 03:48 PM   #457  

I wondered where you went readyfreddy! Glad to hear you got back on plan.
Old 11-20-2010, 11:25 AM   #458  
Less Juicey

Default Onederland...Maybe?

I'm so frustrated! I weigh every Saturday at my dr.'s office. One of his scales is super-inaccurate; the other one works. I get there this morning to discover that the one that works was moved to another office. The only one there weighs pounds heavy - they're not sure how many!!!!

So, I've either gained a pound, lost 1 1/2 pounds or stayed the same...if the range the receptionist said is accurate. This makes me NUTS!!!!

I don't want to buy a scale. I don't want one more item in my tiny house, and I know I'll jump on and off of it every morning and aggravate myself. But maybe I should if I can't depend on his scales. Or look for another place I can run in and weigh? Grrrrrrr...

I'm not moving my ticker until I find out how much I weigh! So there!
Old 11-20-2010, 03:18 PM   #459  

I'm still around 250/251...weight loss is definitely slowing but I've been adding in nuts and drinking the Atkins shakes, so I guess I'm technically on OWL right now.

Sandy, the scale isn't as tempting as you'd think...I hop on it every few days if I'm curious but I'm not tempted to weigh myself every day lol. You should look into buying a nice electric scale (mine is the kind with the needle and little lines, it's pretty inaccurate and hard to read. I asked for an electric one for Christmas).

Have a good weekend everyone!
Old 11-21-2010, 09:30 AM   #460  
Less Juicey

Me too, Linsy. I may have lost a pound or two this week (don't know...scale issue at the dr.'s office), but I'm not burning it up either. I've eaten nuts a day or two for the past two weeks, had a few (too many) vodka and club sodas, and munched up some extra carbs. Do we have a clue now as to why I'm not losing quickly? Hmmmmm....

At least we didn't gain, Linsy. Let's have a great week.

Where are the Christmas Challenge chickies? I miss you!

Last edited by sandyfanny; 11-21-2010 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:55 AM   #461  

hi guys....well off work this week for thanksgiving/birthday...already started a exercise plan now that im feeling better. Going to check out a gym today...I need something more than what i can do at home. down 6 lbs in 2 weeks along with being sick...no exercise...now ready to get down to business...Happy turkey day everyone!!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #462  
Less Juicey

Default Hi, Challenge Chicks!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I didn't weigh this week; my daughters were here, and I haven't figured out where to weigh with an accurate scale yet. I'm still annoyed that my doctor's office took away the accurate scales - WHAT'S WRONG WITH HIM???

I didn't stay 100% on plan for sure; I had several little walks on the wild side and one rather long hike. I can feel the water retention in my hands...Yikes! And I have some pronounced cravings...

Back to Induction IMMEDIATELY! NOW!

I'll figure out where to weigh and post it. If my math is right, we have FOUR MORE WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS! We can make this challenge a success, ladies. LET'S GET OUR ATKINS ON!
Old 11-28-2010, 05:40 PM   #463  

I've been trying hard to get in veggies and watch my food carefully but I'm still losing slowly. I cheated on Thanksgiving so I expect to stall for a while from that. I also made two sugar-free pumpkin desserts so hopefully my body doesn't hate me for all of the splenda . I'm not going to "officially" weigh this week because of my Thanksgiving splurge but when I hopped on the scale yesterday I was still at 250. Happy Thanksgiving everyone, have a great week.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:10 PM   #464  

Oh my goodness. I have been off off off plan. But I am back on! My goal is to do 1 month of hardcore carb counting to reach my new years goal of 125 (I would be happy w 129 too .

We shall see. I am going to also make sure I keep up my exercise.

How is everyone doing??
Old 11-30-2010, 02:02 PM   #465  

ugh having a hard time today. Sugar/carb come down = sucks.
Closed Thread