Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 07:43 PM   #16  
Cat Lover

Default I gotta big belly too!

Hi!

We're practically neighbors. I live just outside of Albany!

AS for the weight lose I don't know. Currently I am going to try The Fat Flush Plan. I like the idea of cleaning out my system. It allows you to eat a little, but pays strict attention to giving your liver a break. I'l keep posting about it and see if it works. Has anyone else tried it?

Maybe you have had too much sodium! It isn't hard for that to happen.

Good Luck,
Sandi
Old 01-18-2004, 12:17 AM   #17  
WW Moderator

BigBelly, maybe it is the kinds of food you are eating and not the calories. I am insulin resistant, and if I eat a nice lowfat low cal way of potatoes and pasta, then I gain weight.

Sandi, I am really interested in the Fat Flush Plan. I have the book. I've thought about doing the cleansing, but I'm happy with South Beach as my regular plan. When do you plan to start? I have a fatty liver and I think this would help me tremendously, because I have very slow weight loss.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:35 PM   #18  
Cat Lover

Default Fat Flushing

I started the plan on Saturday (today is day 2). It has 3 parts, the first being a 2 week Fat Flush. That's when things are strict. After that you add on carbs and really end up eating sensibly. What I like so far is :

I can eat fruit (lower glycemic index ones)
I can have a good variety of vegetables
2 eggs a day are okay
No alcohol allowed, so I know I will help my liver

What I don't like...

I quit caffeine cold turkey. OMG! I never thought I was addicted, what a HEADACHE Today the headache was there, but faint, by tom. it'll be gone.

It seems pretty acidic and yet I feel no heart burn

I guess anything is tolerable for two weeks. If it jump starts weight loss it'll be good.

Sandi

161/159/129 (June 5th-Summer Challenge)
Old 01-19-2004, 01:53 PM   #19  

Newbies allowed?

I want to re-lose some weight before the summer. Last year I started working out daily, lost almost forty pounds and got some muscle tone... but I quit just a few pounds short of my goal because of health problems, and then I used that as an excuse to get back into bad old habits.

I've regained close to twenty pounds, and I've got to drag myself out of my mid-winter hibernation-and-chocolate mode before I find the rest of the weight I lost.

I'm feeling fairly angsty about it at the moment, but I want to turn over a new leaf and reach my goal weight by June 5th.

I'm not on a specific diet plan. Instead I'm doing a more general Get Off The Couch & Put The Cookie Down Plan.
Step One of the plan is to think of a new exercise program that doesn't allow me to use "it's too freakin' cold outside" as an excuse.
Old 01-19-2004, 03:57 PM   #20  

Default Hello girls!

Hi there,

I am sorry it has been so long. I got lost in this website and had to post a question in the forums to figure out how to find you again. I think I have it figured out now.

Thanks for the warm welcome. I do enjoy my kids, and they do keep me hopping!

I will be going to the gym later today to weigh in and will let you know how my first week went. I am just adjusting my eating lifestyle as well as adding in 5 workouts a week and a supplement to help control the munchies. I have changed my original plan, but feel more confident I will be successful with this one. That's what counts right? Not what sounds good, what you can actually do and have it work!

I am a stay home mom and would love to chat if you all have a certain time you try to get on and say "Hi". Let me know. C-
Old 01-21-2004, 01:44 PM   #21  

Is there room for another newbie? One who LOVES Canada Actually I am not a newbie to 3FC, just one who lost her way and could not find a place where she felt she belonged. I've been, ahem, "auditing" a few of the sites and could not settle anywhere until I found that there is another human being in the world who loves to be left alone and does not hesitate to make this clear to those who are not tuned in to subtle hints...

I would love to join your summer challenge and will give as many details as I am able to, once I know that it is acceptable for me to be here.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:14 AM   #22  
Imagine...

Current weight: 220lbs

June 5th goal: 199 lbs

Plan that I are following: SBD

What you will do to reach that goal:
drink water, stay op, exercise!

Reward:
new clothes, and a romantice weekend away with my honey

Personal goals:
get my financial house in order so we can put extra money towards the principal of our mortgage.
Old 01-22-2004, 12:56 PM   #23  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I did keep my promise to myself - I am exercising for 30 to 60 minutes 3X per week - next goal is to do at least 30 everyday - even on weekends
Old 01-27-2004, 12:25 PM   #24  

I have split the thread to get back on track to the summer challenge!!!!

Your other posts have not been deleted just moved down the line.
P.S. We also have a daily chat thread as a sticky so you chicks can stop confusing me - you all know how easily confused I am!

How is everyone doing so far on their personal challenge? Have you incorporated any lifestyle changes to help you reach your goal?
Old 01-27-2004, 12:41 PM   #25  
Rattie Lover

Sorry. I wasn't sure how to get it all from here ...to over there... thanks for doin' it.

So far, I am still on track with my goals to reach my summer goal. I have been doing different exercises so I don't get bored with the same ol'. I just haven't been able to exercise the 30 minutes a day x 5x a week. I get too sore cause of Arthritis...so I have been alternating days unless I feel OK. I am still eating right, but allowing for that occasional "endulgement". I had been craving a donut for a week so I finally had 1 donut whereas I use to eat 7 donuts. Stuff like that...I have 2 pounds to go to meet my Valentines Goal. Yahoo!!
My friend and I are looking into joining the local badminton club...Do you know that badminton burns up as much calories as swimming or tennis?? We're also getting a Ping Pong table! Hub and I love Ping Pong and it really is a great upper body work out. Maybe I'll be able to beat him now.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:25 PM   #26  

Good job Mauvais; we really DID get off the track. You and Noodles seem to be focused on your summer goals and this dedication will undoubtedly get you there.

I have my goals broken into long and short term. They are based on measurements, since the scale makes me nuts! I use cm. instead of inches, so that progress appears more impressive (to me). I am about 2cm. short of my end of Jan. goal but I'll keep plugging away. It has been a bit of a "spotty" month in re. to focus and the weather has not helped. When I can't go out to do my walking I use the stair master but it just isn't the same and my mood is also altered... My major effort will be to incorporate some strength training, which is sorely missing from my life.
Old 01-27-2004, 02:42 PM   #27  

on the doughnuts Noodles! They are my downfall too So difficult to resist! You are doing really well with your exercising too

Stilltrying- you are very close to your January minigoal - good going and at least you are making an effort to find and alternative when the weather is too bad to go out -

I am trying to stay focused but I vas very angry with myself this morning I had gained 2 lbs last week and I am ticked with myself for not tracking my ww points on a daily basis - I have upped my exercise to 3X per week but it isn't helping much if I don't track my points and then go and end up eating chips I have such a hard time on the weekends - no structure therefore I eat whatever is available.

As a result I have given myself a boot in the rear end and I am making a promise to myself to track faithfully this week to get back into the habit. I also am going to plan all my meals on the weekend and make my lunches ahead of time.
Old 01-27-2004, 09:41 PM   #28  
Cat Lover

Thumbs down

stilltrying...I measure in cm. too!

I am on plan! I am at day 11 of the Fat Flush Plan. I have 4 days left until I am into phase II and can add in a few carbs here and there. I feel great and the plan has really helped me realize how much junk is in everything we eat. There is so much sodium for example.

I am walking 45-60 minutes daily and doing a little strength training. I'm upping the exercise next week when I add on the carbs. I was tired with this diet at first, but now I feel really refreshed. Oh and I've lost 7 pounds!

Sandi
Old 01-28-2004, 05:21 AM   #29  

Height: 5'-2"

Sandi!! Congratulations!!
Old 01-28-2004, 07:45 AM   #30  

Way to go Sandi!
Closed Thread