Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2004, 06:11 PM   #106  
WW Moderator

Amy - PCOS sucks. I'm right there with you! I would like to buy some organic coffee and try that. I managed to bring myself down to decaf most of the time. Organic would surely be better for me.
Old 03-12-2004, 10:21 AM   #107  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Whoa, organic coffee? Didn't know there was such a thing. Awesome! I really should go visit the whole foods market today. Wow Jenifer, I'm finding out what a small world it is when it comes to PCOS. It sure has changed my life to know about it. I'm doing pretty good this week. I've already worked out 3 days this week and I'm doing weights and the treadmill tonight to make it 4 days! I tried one the new chicken ceasar salad wrap at Schlotskys last night and it sucked! I mean I guess its supposed to be smaller to be a diet thing but it was small and there was soooo much sauce on it that it was barely tolerable. I was not very happy with it. At $4.50 it should be better quality in my opinion. Anyway, I ate well, drank ice tea and snacked on dried fruit. I didn't go to the gym last night but I did wash and vacuum my car until I was tired. So I'm putting this past week down as a good week. Hope you all have a good weekend!
Old 03-12-2004, 10:08 PM   #108  
WW Moderator

Hi Amy - I didn't know Schlotzsky's had anything remotely healthy! I haven't been there in over a year, since I read their 'then' nutritional info. Wow, amazing how many calories they packed in on those sandwiches.

Exercise is extra-special-important for PCOS'ers. Good for you for getting into it! Not all PCOS'ers are insulin resistant, but it is very common among us. If you are IR, exercise is vital to weight loss. I haven't been getting in good exercise the past 2 months because of one ridiculous crisis or another, and it shows. I've lost 2 pounds in 2004. Bah! Congratulations on heading down the right path!
Old 03-15-2004, 10:57 AM   #109  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Thanks Jennifer! Yeah I've learned through failure that I need exercise more than anything else. I really need to eat better but in the past it doesn't matter how well I eat I can't drop weight unless I exercise. My first doctor couldn't understand that. He just thought I was over-eating. Just eat less, yeah I never thought of that before! Grrr Anyway, I walked 2 laps with the dogs on Saturday. I tried not to overdo it on eating but I did have a couple of sodas. I feel the weight I've gained. Everyone is still telling me that I look smaller so its possible it could be muscle. But I'm ready to lose, lose, lose! Have a good week everyone!
Old 03-16-2004, 07:35 AM   #110  
living, breathing, moving

S/C/G: 230/170/135

Height: 5*5ish

well here summer is right round the corner. and here i am bout 10 pounds off what i wanted to be. so this week i am cracking down on myself. why this tendency to say oh i have lost weight, go ahead live a little girl eat that bad stuff? I have noticed i have been slacking on my water. so i think i need the boot camp. lol
on the plus side i took a digi photo of me in same shirt as last year for my driver's license and compared. might not be where i want. but you could see a big dif. my face looked smaller. and my boobs, shoulders didn't fill out as much.
Old 03-16-2004, 11:00 AM   #111  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Way to go blugrl! I noticed the change in my face and neck when I had to have a new photo id. Its so nice to see a change! I can relate to what you said about losing a little and thinking you can party. I did that. I gained back 7 lbs, but I checked last night and I've re-lost 4 of those. Whoopie!!!! So I feel pretty good today. Can't back track anymore, summer is way too close! Just gotta work my buns off this week! Later - Amy
Old 03-16-2004, 11:31 AM   #112  

Gracenote --

The wonderful inspirational words you posted on page 7 of this forum were fabulous! I saved them on my computer so that I can look at them even when this thread is gone.

I know I am coming in late to the June 5, challenge, but my goal for then is 215 lbs. I am presently at 226 so that isn't too unrealistic. I don't want to set myself up for failure.

I plan to follow the South Beach Diet. I am on day 9 today.

Reward? There is no bigger reward than being 215 pounds; I haven't seen that weight in a LONG time!
Old 03-16-2004, 04:58 PM   #113  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Way to go blugirl!

Go Shoequeen and SoCalbirdlady!!!!
Old 03-17-2004, 07:16 AM   #114  

Thanks ladies. It was a bit of a shock. I knew i had lost some but didn't realize how noticeable it was.
Welcome SoCal!!!
worked out last night before bed. and since hubby was working i was able to eat a nice dinner of grilled fish and broccoli. so here is hoping that today is a good OP day..
Old 03-17-2004, 12:19 PM   #115  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Hey Everyone!

SoCalBirdLady, I'm so glad you liked my post... It's what I have to think about every day before I exercise... Losing weight is hard, but 11 pounds by June 5 is definately a realistic goal! You go girl!

Great job blugirrl and shoequeen on your successes!! Way to go!

Here are my successes for last week:

- Even though the scale hasn't moved down - actually I gained a pound last Wednesday - I can see that my body is a little smaller.
- I worked out 5 days last week - Monday through Friday
- I've been drinking all my water.
- I did the same workout DVD each day. The workout felt a little bit easier each day this week!
- Strange thing happened, one morning - I think Wednesday - I woke up with red spots all over my face and my complexion was horrible. The following day, my skin was a little better and seemed to have a bit of a glow and right now it looks great! It seems like all the water and all the sweating is really doing something beautiful to my skin!!
- My cravings are not as intense and controlling (although I did go a little crazy on the pizza last night )

My birthday was saturday and my hubbie's was on monday.. so we sorta had a weekend-extending-to-tuesday party. I think the party is over. Now it's time to get back to work!!

Ok, happy St. Patty's Day!!
Old 03-17-2004, 12:44 PM   #116  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hope you had a good birthday Gracenote!
You are doing great with the exercising
Old 03-17-2004, 01:20 PM   #117  

Happy Birthday Gracenote!!!!!!!!!! and way to go. sounds like you had a pretty good week. what exercise dvd are you doing?
Old 03-17-2004, 02:53 PM   #118  
Determined to succeed.

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5' 3"

Thank you! Thank you!!

The workout dvd I am using is Minna Lessig's balanced blend. It actually has two workouts: "Fat Eliminator" and "Strength and Grace." I usually do the "Fat Eliminator" because it is an awesome combination of strength training (using your own body as resistance) and great cardio. It can be hard on my knees sometimes because of all the jumps, but as I drop the pounds, the stress on my joints will be less. Check it out, it's not an easy workout but it really does the trick!! http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd It also has a 15-minute Bonus workout in the end if you want to use weights for extra strength training.

Old 03-18-2004, 07:21 AM   #119  

sounds like a pretty good workout., thanks for the link . right now i am stuck on my WATP and tae bo. maybe time to try something else..
Old 03-18-2004, 11:04 AM   #120  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Good job Gracenote! Happy late birthday Sounds like you're really staying on track! I've done pretty good. Really not missing sweets and I've cut way back on my sodas. I've done 2 days of exercise this week and I am soooo sore! But it feels good! Can't wait to be a skinny mini this summer! hehe. Have a good day everyone - Amy
Closed Thread